Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

@chaeplin: thanks!

There it is again!  Cool

****** Please Update To 10.12.19 or 9.12.19 *******
I'm going to do one last update tomorrow morning, then we'll launch Monday or Tuesday.
- Added GUI configuration for Darksend Rounds, Enable Darksend and Anonymize amount of DRK
- Removed 5000DRK hard limit
- Fixed another cause of getting hit by collateral
- Send dialog now shows selected balance (Anon, non-anon and Total)
(compiling)

I am really happy about Evan lifting the 5000 DRK I think big money needs to know that it will be easy to move large sums with Darkcoin.  Around 30K USD at current price levels was too little. IMHO.

An excellent observation... They type of people and companies that will be using DRK after RC4 is live will find the 5k limit too restrictive...  Good move Evan...
How was this issue resolved in terms of having too many outputs? Higher denom values?

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:12:50 AM

RC4 is about to come out. QUICK DUMP.  Bunch of fucking idiots.
please sell more.... woot woot.! 

yes let the masses sell more... and we'll keep collecting more. no need to get personal Wink.... just get even! lol

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:15:06 AM

There is FUD going on about Drk blockchain bloat due to multiple denom rounds. Devs should look into issuing some kind of statement on this.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:17:54 AM

There is FUD going on about Drk blockchain bloat due to multiple denom rounds. Devs should look into issuing some kind of statement on this.
interesting... has. there been any comment on this potentially happening?  has this question been posted on darkcoinchat?  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:22:04 AM

After watching the RC4 testnet progress over the past couple weeks I just want to say now, on the eve of potential RC4 release, that #5 Technology Risk (https://darkcointalk.org/threads/10-reasons-to-invest-in-darkcoin.814/#post-14952) is probably the number one threat to DRK at this moment. It sounded like as recently as a couple days ago some testnet DarkSends still didn't go as planned and some DRK went missing for some testers.
It should be common sense for the dev's (who have amazed me with their abilities)but if, due to whatever technical malfunction, people's real world DRK disappears due to DS+ malfunction (or their own ignorance), that is a colossal negative for DRK.
But hopefully they've tested it beyond what is necessary and this isn't a viable risk any more because problems like this could be a coin-killer due to the negative PR/stigma that gets attached to DRK instantaneously.

TL;DR The one bug that RC4 can't have is losing people's DRK; that shit kills.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:30:20 AM

After watching the RC4 testnet progress over the past couple weeks I just want to say now, on the eve of potential RC4 release, that #5 Technology Risk (https://darkcointalk.org/threads/10-reasons-to-invest-in-darkcoin.814/#post-14952) is probably the number one threat to DRK at this moment. It sounded like as recently as a couple days ago some testnet DarkSends still didn't go as planned and some DRK went missing for some testers.
It should be common sense for the dev's (who have amazed me with their abilities)but if, due to whatever technical malfunction, people's real world DRK disappears due to DS+ malfunction (or their own ignorance), that is a colossal negative for DRK.
But hopefully they've tested it beyond what is necessary and this isn't a viable risk any more because problems like this could be a coin-killer due to the negative PR/stigma that gets attached to DRK instantaneously.

JL
I didn't see testnet drks being lost, can you please point me to specific page?

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:37:39 AM

Moreover, the design of the system does not allow for drks to be "lost". The MNs coordinate the signing of transactions, that's all. The coins never leave your possession, AFAICT.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:50:42 AM

Moreover, the design of the system does not allow for drks to be "lost". The MNs coordinate the signing of transactions, that's all. The coins never leave your possession, AFAICT.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.
You're right, I think my nontechnicalness might be showing through here. Looking back, this guy's DS got stuck: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-78#post-15361
And: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-74#post-15210
I believe I misunderstood what happened in these circumstances.
Overall though the DRK were not disappearing nor lost... Poor choice of word on my part.

It should be interesting and amazing to see this thing go live.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:51:06 AM

JL
[/quote]

EDIT:  thanks Jesse... just saw your last comment... so disregard my note above... Wink  

clayop

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:08:38 AM

Moreover, the design of the system does not allow for drks to be "lost". The MNs coordinate the signing of transactions, that's all. The coins never leave your possession, AFAICT.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.
You're right, I think my nontechnicalness might be showing through here. Looking back, this guy's DS got stuck: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-78#post-15361
Overall though the DRK were not disappearing nor lost... Poor choice of word on my part.

Did you mean "collateral payments"?
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:20:54 AM

Did you mean "collateral payments"?

Judging by the links, he is refering to the coinlock bug Evan that is currently working on. No coins have been lost to this bug AFAIK and when I had the problem simply restarting the client unlocked the coins.

Nonetheless this is expected to be fixed before launch.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:25:17 AM

JL

Your list of risks is well constructed Jesse; thanks for putting it together. In regards to #5, I too am concerned that there still appears to be a number of issues with DS+ (and the wallet in general) within the testing environment. From the posts I'm reading on the testnet thread there are issues needing to either be rectified or clarified around values for the number of Darksend rounds, collateral fees and coins denominating being locked/unlocked in unexpected ways. Also there was mention there within the past 72 hours of the consequences of a user's PC going into standby/hibernate midstream thereby causing some halt to processing. I'm sure none of these are show-stoppers (and compared to the enormous strides that have been made, almost inconsequential), but, like you've pointed out, if users start having problems (and they will, it's inevitable) and those problems start coming thick and fast involving difficulties sending/receiving, trust will be eroded. I'd much rather see RC4 delayed further and testing be way more thorough. It's far easier to rectify these issues prior to release than go into fire-fighting mode after the event and have to deal with the backlash.

The other thing which you've touched on in your points but which I think everyone needs to consider is how to prevent Darkcoin ending up with an extreme bad-ass reputation (Silk Road style) so that members of the public in general don't perceive it's purpose is purely to subvert society and help terrorists/paedophiles/thugs. I really don't think you can underestimate how easily this could happen. All it will take is a couple of money laundering/drug warlord stories to hit the mainstream media with Darkcoin attached as the facility they used and we're on a slippery slope to this becoming seen as a criminal enterprise first and foremost. Then Evan's likely to be named alongside Ross Ulbricht as being a "bad person". This, of course, would be a travesty but it could happen easily and very rapidly. The public is completely clueless about the privacy being ripped to shreds by modern big business/government and they're just as clueless about the need for anonymity within financial transactions. We need to think about this in regards to corrective statements and press releases that can help educate the public as to why anonymous financial transactions are so important to freedom. You can bet your bottom darkcoin government everywhere will look to position Darkcoin as a serious threat and impediment to law enforcement and anti-terrorism activity (i.e. they're not going to like it, even though, as pointed out on this forum by other people, they'll use it extensively too)

Some things to think about....

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:46:22 AM

JL

Your list of risks is well constructed Jesse; thanks for putting it together. In regards to #5, I too am concerned that there still appears to be a number of issues with DS+ (and the wallet in general) within the testing environment. From the posts I'm reading on the testnet thread there are issues needing to either be rectified or clarified around values for the number of Darksend rounds, collateral fees and coins denominating being locked/unlocked in unexpected ways. Also there was mention there within the past 72 hours of the consequences of a user's PC going into standby/hibernate midstream thereby causing some halt to processing. I'm sure none of these are show-stoppers (and compared to the enormous strides that have been made, almost inconsequential), but, like you've pointed out, if users start having problems (and they will, it's inevitable) and those problems start coming thick and fast involving difficulties sending/receiving, trust will be eroded. I'd much rather see RC4 delayed further and testing be way more thorough. It's far easier to rectify these issues prior to release than go into fire-fighting mode after the event and have to deal with the backlash.

The other thing which you've touched on in your points but which I think everyone needs to consider is how to prevent Darkcoin ending up with an extreme bad-ass reputation (Silk Road style) so that members of the public in general don't perceive it's purpose is purely to subvert society and help terrorists/paedophiles/thugs. I really don't think you can underestimate how easily this could happen. All it will take is a couple of money laundering/drug warlord stories to hit the mainstream media with Darkcoin attached as the facility they used and we're on a slippery slope to this becoming seen as a criminal enterprise first and foremost. Then Evan's likely to be named alongside Ross Ulbricht as being a "bad person". This, of course, would be a travesty but it could happen easily and very rapidly. The public is completely clueless about the privacy being ripped to shreds by modern big business/government and they're just as clueless about the need for anonymity within financial transactions. We need to think about this in regards to corrective statements and press releases that can help educate the public as to why anonymous financial transactions are so important to freedom. You can bet your bottom darkcoin government everywhere will look to position Darkcoin as a serious threat and impediment to law enforcement and anti-terrorism activity (i.e. they're not going to like it, even though, as pointed out on this forum by other people, they'll use it extensively too)

Did you ever worked with development software from companies like Rockwell and Siemens. It´s my bussiness to work with both of them day by day in automation industries.
These products are used in around 95% of production lines around the globe. Each new version and product pops up, the endusers are betatester. Sometimes i am searching on
bugs over long time and i always think i did something wrong. In the end it´s a develpment bug that you can report and they fix it with a patch.
I followed the process from the beginning on testnet with each new version and the progress i have seen day by day was amazing.
It´s time to put it on mainnet. Thanks devteam for your great job.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:56:16 AM

Whew, I thought I missed something. Yes, would be nice to see this go live, reviewed and made public.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:03:38 AM

is there any word from Kristov Atlas regarding the code ??
That has nothing to do with RC4 correct ?
that is a different issue/release ??
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:10:26 AM

I guess Evan is going to deliver a one two punch with release of rc4 and results of kristov code review.

I assume Evan will also make sure to update the community on next steps and future development path. So many more good things to come with darkcoin.
mulga

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:16:24 AM

A big thank you to the entire dev team for all the hard work you have put in. So much appreciated Smiley Very proud of what you've all done actually.
piyany

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:17:33 AM

After all that has happened people are OK with letting 400k darkcoins sit on Mintpal.

4000 btc worth people are not keeping in their wallet. Crazy. Soon that could be 8000 worth of btc Mintpal holds in dark.

If you have thousands on Mintpal why not move a few?

And I wonder how many of those accounts don't have 2FA...

You people are so naive. You think 400k is distributed among many big time traders that each could dump thousands at a time? And all of them keep them on an exchange that just got hacked?

Keep thinking.
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:19:03 AM

A big thank you to the entire dev team for all the hard work you have put in. So much appreciated Smiley Very proud of what you've all done actually.
And everyone donating their time and resources on testnet to make sure rc4 is a success! What a great dev team and community here.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:19:29 AM

JL

Did you ever worked with development software from companies like Rockwell and Siemens. It´s my bussiness to work with both of them day by day in automation industries.
These products are used in around 95% of production lines around the globe. Each new version and product pops up, the endusers are betatester. Sometimes i am searching on
bugs over long time and i always think i did something wrong. In the end it´s a develpment bug that you can report and they fix it with a patch.
I followed the process from the beginning on testnet with each new version and the progress i have seen day by day was amazing.
It´s time to put it on mainnet. Thanks devteam for your great job.

No dotnetmin, haven't worked with those companies' products; more the usual corporate fair (MS, Oracle, SAP, etc). There's no doubt what we're seeing from this dev team is an agile process on steroids. A large multi-national software vendor couldn't get even close to this level of performance, so yes, hats off to Evan and the other devs, plus all who've been on testnet adding their input (thank you). My point about ensuring everything possible has been done to eliminate issues prior to release still stands, which undoubtedly is Evan's intent....but he's under enormous pressure and I'm adding my voice to the, don't-buckle-until-RC4-is-very-robust camp.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 ... 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: