Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:24:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 [2520] 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:28:09 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 09:49:48 PM by camosoul

I'm not sure I agree with this...

http://www.coindesk.com/need-altcoins-can-get/

I don't see a problem really with shitcoins apart from the PR one - the worthy coins get tarnished with the crap. But crypto is evolution in a crucible, both for the tech and for the 'investors'  Grin  

Pop into certain other coin threads here and you'll see that there are fools lining up to have their money taken from them, they can't get enough of empty promises, snippets of fake IRC dev chat, and silly diagrams.

While idiots continue to buy obvious garbage, scammers will keep profiting from them.

I have started a thread on this subject and also wrote a blog post, because I have noticed that there's a "witch hunt" against altcoins starting in BTCtalk (e.g. here and here).

It makes no sense, IMO, that some of the BTC people are so against altcoins. For example, if you talk about Darkcoin in other threads some bitcoiners start insulting you out of nothing! But to my surprise, some of these aggressive anti-altcoin bitcoiners are quite pro-LTC Shocked why is that?

There are scammers everywhere, unfortunatelly, but some people use the scammers as the excuse to try to start a nazi fight against the altcoins... and I don't doubt that these same people's real intention is to fight against cryptocurrencies in a whole (BTC included).

BTW, I tend to abhor the stupid dictatorial arrogance shown by some intolerant (dishonest?) people... I prefer better open discussion propositions for the community like this one, or this one, for example.
The bottom line: Most crypto supporters are druggies.

They're stupid.

They're violently opposed to the very things they claim to be supporting. They punch themselves in the face while looking in the mirror shouting "quit hitting yourself" and laughing about it cuz that guy on the other side of the window is such a dumbass... "Hahaha! I made him punch himself in the face!" and they still can't figure out why their face hurts...

A perfect example is that anti-gun liberals issue death threats to politicians hundreds of times more often than pro-gun conservatives... "We hate violence and we'll kill you if you disagree!" I have plenty of guns and I'm not violent at all... Psychology 101: Projection. They don't want anyone else to have a gun because they know themselves to be unstable and presume everyone to be as whack-a-do as they know themselves to be...

Look at it from another direction. Almost all violence, including so-called "gun violence" occurs in democrat voting districts. If you eliminate the democrat voting districts from the statistical data, the USA is the most violence-free country on Earth. Those parts remaining actually have more guns than people! So, guns are obviously not the problem. I'm not trying to make a gun or political rant, just citing an example with which I am intimately familiar.

Altcoin haters know that they would run a scam if they had the ability to copypasta a shitcoin, so they presume all altcoins are out for that purpose. And most are... Because projection is accurate in many cases, since people who are barely more than animals are pretty much all the same...

Humans in every demographic have one thing in common; the majority of any group are fucking stupid. The only thing more abundant and absolute than Sunlight, is stupidity. Do like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs; form your income around stupidity and you'll be rich whether you want to be or not... The 1% are the 1% because the 99% are too stupid to stop giving away everything they've got tot he 1%. There is no plot or conspiracy. The 99% are just really, really, really fucking stupid.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drkwarrior

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:50:06 PM

I don't see a problem really with shitcoins apart from the PR one - the worthy coins get tarnished with the crap. But crypto is evolution in a crucible, both for the tech and for the 'investors'  Grin  

Pop into certain other coin threads here and you'll see that there are fools lining up to have their money taken from them, they can't get enough of empty promises, snippets of fake IRC dev chat, and silly diagrams.

While idiots continue to buy obvious garbage, scammers will keep profiting from them.

I have started a thread on this subject and also wrote a blog post, because I have noticed that there's a "witch hunt" against altcoins starting in BTCtalk (e.g. here and here).

It makes no sense, IMO, that some of the BTC people are so against altcoins. For example, if you talk about Darkcoin in other threads some bitcoiners start insulting you out of nothing! But to my surprise, some of these aggressive anti-altcoin bitcoiners are quite pro-LTC Shocked why is that?

There are scammers everywhere, unfortunatelly, but some people use the scammers as the excuse to try to start a nazi fight against the altcoins... and I don't doubt that these same people's real intention is to fight against cryptocurrencies in a whole (BTC included).

BTW, I tend to abhor the stupid dictatorial arrogance shown by some intolerant (dishonest?) people... I prefer better open discussion propositions for the community like this one, or this one, for example.

btce mods and their trolls have a big passion for ltc and hate for drk.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:27:55 PM

naturally you would be quite protective of something you can see thats dying at the hands of a better solution Smiley
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:01:27 AM

naturally you would be quite protective of something you can see thats dying at the hands of a better solution Smiley

Try going to a BTC meet-up and tell them you mine anything but BTC...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:05:38 AM

They're stupid.

They're violently opposed to the very things they claim to be supporting. They punch themselves in the face while looking in the mirror shouting "quit hitting yourself" and laughing about it cuz that guy on the other side of the window is such a dumbass... "Hahaha! I made him punch himself in the face!" and they still can't figure out why their face hurts...

A perfect example is that anti-gun liberals issue death threats to politicians hundreds of times more often than pro-gun conservatives... "We hate violence and we'll kill you if you disagree!" I have plenty of guns and I'm not violent at all... Psychology 101: Projection. They don't want anyone else to have a gun because they know themselves to be unstable and presume everyone to be as whack-a-do as they know themselves to be...

Look at it from another direction. Almost all violence, including so-called "gun violence" occurs in democrat voting districts. If you eliminate the democrat voting districts from the statistical data, the USA is the most violence-free country on Earth. Those parts remaining actually have more guns than people! So, guns are obviously not the problem. I'm not trying to make a gun or political rant, just citing an example with which I am intimately familiar.

Altcoin haters know that they would run a scam if they had the ability to copypasta a shitcoin, so they presume all altcoins are out for that purpose. And most are... Because projection is accurate in many cases, since people who are barely more than animals are pretty much all the same...

Humans in every demographic have one thing in common; the majority of any group are fucking stupid. The only thing more abundant and absolute than Sunlight, is stupidity. Do like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs; form your income around stupidity and you'll be rich whether you want to be or not... The 1% are the 1% because the 99% are too stupid to stop giving away everything they've got tot he 1%. There is no plot or conspiracy. The 99% are just really, really, really fucking stupid.
Sorry Camo, Australia banned assault rifles twenty years ago and we've had zero massacres since. Yes people are stupid, so we took the guns away. There was no practical way to only give it to the smart people, downunder.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:42:04 AM

/LurkModeOff
.... There was no practical way to only give it to the smart people, downunder.

Why Not? you can count them on one hand. Tongue

Sorry, you set yourself up for that one and i couldn't resist. Cheesy

/lurkModeOn

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 01:10:12 AM

/LurkModeOff

/lurkModeOn

True mate but we learn from our mistakes.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:10:46 AM

/LurkModeOff

/lurkModeOn

Americans having guns is a good thing, population control.  Cheesy

Imagine how many we'd have to put up with in the absence of guns  Huh

Wink

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:00:43 AM

They're stupid.

Sorry Camo, Australia banned assault rifles twenty years ago and we've had zero massacres since. Yes people are stupid, so we took the guns away. There was no practical way to only give it to the smart people, downunder.

Just standing by awaiting Camo's reply. It's going to be an absolute doozy too. Ha!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
drkwarrior

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:21:37 AM

guys be careful on bittrex, two coins in the past week, coco and savecoin have had the mintpal myc style hacks. svc has been removed so you cant see the chart their. I also read a bittrex devs irc chat log a few weeks ago which made me slighty concerned.
Keep small amounts of btc there if you have to use them, move any profits you get to a safer location and make sure you have 2FA.
gekos

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:27:49 AM

Hmmm - Good News for DRK?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-suspected-be-nsa-cia-project-1460439
gekos

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:34:06 AM

A bit more

http://ciaproject.org/projects/category/crypto/
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:56:21 AM

Hard to believe, I think we'd know for sure by now if it was a three letter government agency that created Bitcoin.

The only angle I can think of where this would be slightly believable, is the governments wanting to reduce the stranglehold the banks have on the world.

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, ... The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply." - Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777-1836).

smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:56:55 AM

If its true, bad news for everyone!
IXC2XIC

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:58:08 AM

Are we gonna get another run soon?  Thx

RenegadeMan

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:13:31 AM

Hard to believe, I think we'd know for sure by now if it was a three letter government agency that created Bitcoin.

The only angle I can think of where this would be slightly believable, is the governments wanting to reduce the stranglehold the banks have on the world.

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, ... The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply." - Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777-1836).

It's amazing how articles can be written to look and sound credible. But often there's an agenda behind the writing that may not be a direct FUD attack but is nonetheless designed to discredit everyone involved and belittle them. I think this is one of those articles. This bit ""While bitcoin believers portray bitcoin as a new decentralised currency, the command structure of bitcoin core development is 100% centralised," CIA Project says" is indicative of much misunderstanding of what Bitcoin is.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:25:45 AM

DRK network hash @ 140 Gh/s...  Approaching the levels we had with the May 2014 pump...

There's a storm brewin  Wink

darkproton

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:37:58 AM

hey guys, where is the official thread for the testnet? Is it on the darkcoin site? I had a link to it but now I can't find it.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:43:06 AM

hey guys, where is the official thread for the testnet? Is it on the darkcoin site? I had a link to it but now I can't find it.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-81#post-15482

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:31:47 AM

DRK network hash @ 140 Gh/s...  Approaching the levels we had with the May 2014 pump...

There's a storm brewin  Wink

Nothing other alt coin is getting bought by people. Dumpminers mine DRK because there are buyers left over.
Dumpminers already destroyed VTC because there were people left over who bought it after months of price decline.
Now these people are gone and  a good coin is gone.

DRK can be happy that it has only the minimal 5 DRK per block strategy.
Alt coin market destroyed itsself by its greedy behaviour and the dayly uppoping scam. Looks like only scammers, fuders and trolls
are left over in these markets.

How much do you have to pay for energy per kwh only to cover your energy bill when mining DRK without taking a profit ?
I think it must be around 0,08 US$ / kwh or lower.

How much people on this planet have these prices ? Not much.
Have a look to central europe. I can not see any country where a miner is left over here ( maybe some who steal energy )
Energy is much to expensive for us. 0.36US$ in europe is a bit to high playing "miner games"
Pages: « 1 ... 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 [2520] 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 2537 2538 2539 2540 2541 2542 2543 2544 2545 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: