Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 [4935] 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:05:41 PM

Mmm...dominoes....

It would not be surprising to see a BTC rally in the next few days. It could take off at any moment.

The butterfly effect. Suddenly things are starting to become far less predictable.

The public having a referendum. The public hoovering up all known liquidity and shoving it under their beds. I imagine there must be a few late night pow-wows going on at hedge-fund central command tonight before markets open.

The stock markets will probably take off on a screaming rally in the morning on the basis that things are so bad that massive multiple QE will be on the cards again. (i.e. good news is good news and bad news is also good news  Cheesy  )

Yes, this week everyone's gonna be singing:

"Greece is the word
Is the word that you heard
It's got groove it's got meaning
Greece is the time, is the place, is the motion
Greece is the way we are feeling...."

Problem is it's as uncertain what exactly will happen as watching a young driver in a hotted up car showing off to his friends and ending up losing it fishtailing down a narrow road in between parked cars. As you watch you know a disaster is guaranteed and but seconds away; you just don't know how many of the parked cars will be involved and how much damage will be inflicted.

and if he is wearing his seatbelt...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:21:48 PM

Something fairly major (in terms of potentially a DDOS attack) has been happening at BTC-e. Bitcoinwisdom hadn't updated BTC and LTC trades on BTC-e for over an hour (but has just refreshed in the last few seconds as I write). People on the troll box were complaining their posts weren't appearing for some time and for a while there it appeared to have completely stalled.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:41:24 PM

Something fairly major (in terms of potentially a DDOS attack) has been happening at BTC-e. Bitcoinwisdom hadn't updated BTC and LTC trades on BTC-e for over an hour (but has just refreshed in the last few seconds as I write). People on the troll box were complaining their posts weren't appearing for some time and for a while there it appeared to have completely stalled.

Ah ! Is that what it is.

My bitcoin feed went wonky and I just thought it was the usual bitcoinwisdom dying on me again (I no longer get a cryptsy feed any more and so have no idea what's going on in the Dash market from minute to minute). I get Bitfinex but there's less volume there I think.

Maybe BTCe's being DDOS's as you say.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:50:06 PM

Ah ! Is that what it is.

My bitcoin feed went wonky and I just thought it was the usual bitcoinwisdom dying on me again (I no longer get a cryptsy feed any more and so have no idea what's going on in the Dash market from minute to minute). I get Bitfinex but there's less volume there I think.

Maybe BTCe's being DDOS's as you say.

Yeah they've been talking about it on the troll box there. For a while the box just completely died and wasn't updating at all. Then when it came back there were all these nervous BTC-e-ers saying "Phew...my balance is okay....is everyone one else's okay? Thought we'd been Goxed for sure...."

Re Bitcoinwisdom and Cryptsy, I know a lot of people are having trouble getting that feed (depending on where you are in the world it would seem). From the day the clickable link for Cryptsy on wisdom's front screen disappeared, I've simply opened two tabs for Dash and replaced 'bitfinex' on one of the URLs with 'cryptsy' and it's come up for me without fail every time. Still don't know why Bitcoinwisdom chose to remove it as Cryptsy is clearly the more liquid exchange for Dash. Strange.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:57:32 PM

What I was going to say originally:

The maximum Greek ATM outflows are about EU840 Million a day according to Loukia here.

<imagine-if>

...Varoufakis were to:

1. quietly accumulate about 200,000 to 400,000 BTC off-exchange (which would only cost him about 50-80 million Euros)
 2. announce they were going to match the maximum weekly ATM withdrawals with a bitcoin airdrop to 5 million citizens (using a procedure pioneered by Aurora coin)

The bitcoin price could probably reach between $5000 and $10,000 just on that bombshell news which would give him the leverage to pull such a stunt off successfully and 'parachute in" a massive liquidity boost to his economy at the same time.

Off course, he'd make the announcement AFTER accumulating.

</imagine-if>

When you're all out of options, that's the kind of mad thing that has to be tried. Put it this way, someone's going to do it somewhere, sometime and things are starting to not look too rosy in the fiat garden anymore.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:20:52 AM

New Bitcoin Documentary: 'Ulterior States'
now on YT
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/new-bitcoin-documentary-ulterior-states-1
RenegadeMan

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:28:52 AM

The maximum Greek ATM outflows are about EU840 Million a day according to Loukia here.

<imagine-if>

...Varoufakis were to:

1. quietly accumulate about 200,000 to 400,000 BTC off-exchange (which would only cost him about 50-80 million Euros)
 2. announce they were going to match the maximum weekly ATM withdrawals with a bitcoin airdrop to 5 million citizens (using a procedure pioneered by Aurora coin)

The bitcoin price could probably reach between $5000 and $10,000 just on that bombshell news which would give him the leverage to pull such a stunt off successfully and 'parachute in" a massive liquidity boost to his economy at the same time.

</imagine-if>

When you're all out of options, that's the kind of mad thing that has to be tried. Put it this way, someone's going to do it somewhere, sometime and things are starting to not look too rosy in the fiat garden anymore.

As outlandish as your imaginary scenario sounds, it's not that far out of the question. The Greeks are in a battle for their economic survival. I watched the Greek Prime Minister Alex Tsipras address the nation. Regardless of what you think of his politics you cannot help but be impressed that he's leading his nation.

youtu.be/wbAz430ADMA

He's telling the people to stay calm and he's attempting to engage with the bully boy troika who're bringing so much pain and difficulty. It's a game of brinkmanship and what you've described would be a stunning move that would catch the lot of them out. Can you see the stunned faces at all those meetings (it will make the referendum announcement look mild! Ha!)

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:57:16 AM

He's telling the people to stay calm and he's attempting to engage with the bully boy troika who're bringing so much pain and difficulty. It's a game of brinkmanship and what you've described would be a stunning move that would catch the lot of them out.

Did you notice all the "reverse-Robin-Hood" themes in the Troika revised agreement (the one splattered in red pen) ?

Notice how all the "tax the rich" options got changed to "tax the poor" ?

Thats because taxing the poor is far more efficient in terms of collection and there is more chance of the IMF getting their money back. There's not really many ways round paying the VAT on a tin of beans or tuna, whereas if you've got EU 60,000 to splash out on a new 4x4 there are plenty of options to get round it - just use a brown envelope instead of a credit card. (Supermarkets aren't quite geared up for "brown-envelope trade"  Wink and ever if they were, they're still unlikely to discount the VAT just cos you paid cash).

Notice also how Samaras (the Greek opposition leader) was summoned to Brussels the same day as the last summit meeting ? Next thing, the troika supply a new agreement, knowing that it was one that Tsipras couldn't sign on.

I think this is what happens when you get over-centralised political power blocks. The regime just starts fighting for its own survival instead of doing its supposed job in upholding the priorities of the member states while making sure their banking systems are healthy.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:08:48 AM

AlexGR, have you been stocking up on BTC and Dash?

Always Grin
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:30:18 AM

<imagine-if>

...Varoufakis were to:

</imagine-if>

It would work if there was more BTC-familiarization and a more tech-savy population. At the state where Greece is right now, it would only cause the undermining of the government in terms of reliability/seriousness/ability. Bitcoins instead of "real money" would quickly be dismissed by the opposition and the press (controlled by the opposition) as ridiculous / not serious.

There are various things the government could do to raise money (like BTC buying, using their gold reserves in a similar manner, playing the market by using inside info etc), but they have no balls to do these.

People around the world think the government is some kind of leftists radicals, but in all seriousness they are only "left" in things like gay marriages, prisoners rights, immigrants and stuff like that. Total NWO-alignment. Yet, in all things economic, they are almost indistinguishable from all the prior governments.

They got elected to provide a relief-plan that would cost ~12bn euro and instead they offered the troika a plan of 8bn ADDITIONAL AUSTERITY MEASURES. They are willing to sacrifice the local population in favor of the euro.

The troika said no, we want even more than those 8bn, we actually want >11bn, so that's our offer, take it or leave it. One guy even said to Tsipras, that's it, game over if you don't take our offer. So they were forcing Tsipras to either say no, or get totally humiliated by saying yes - which would not even pass the local parliament vote from his party.

Tsipras went the referendum way, which is problematic for the following reason: He says you have to vote yes (to what the troika wants) or no to those measures, and always within the framework of EU & the euro. So if I vote "no", and if that's still within the framework of EU & the euro, Tsipras will say "yes, but now that you rejected the troika deal, we have to make another deal, somewhat lighter - like our 8bn measures proposal". Yet Tsipras wasn't elected to pass 8bn austerity measures. Nor should my "no" to the 11bn+ measures be counted as a ...yes for Tsipras 8bn package of measures. Fuck them both, not because I don't like austerity, but because macro-economically they are both destroying the economy and burying it in the negative recession-debt spiral, where debt is always growing due to the drop of the GDP. Totally unsustainable.

As the situation is right now, there is a pretty vocal no movement, and a quite silent yes crowd. The yes crowd is those who value their comfort more than the austerity measures, naively thinking that it's more of the same that we've had the last 5 years - but it's far worse than that. Food prices would instantly rise by at least 15%, as would electricity, water etc - while income would drop further still and further recession would make the debt go to sky-high levels (>200% of GDP). I'm not sure which way it'll go, but I fear for the "yes", as the ECB flow stop and the ATM situation is a pretty effective blackmail against certain demographics, like pensioners.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:38:23 AM

<imagine-if>

...Varoufakis were to:

</imagine-if>

It would work if there was more BTC-familiarization and a more tech-savy population. At the state where Greece is right now, it would only cause the undermining of the government in terms of reliability/seriousness/ability. Bitcoins instead of "real money" would quickly be dismissed by the opposition and the press (controlled by the opposition) as ridiculous / not serious.

There are various things the government could do to raise money (like BTC buying, using their gold reserves in a similar manner, playing the market by using inside info etc), but they have no balls to do these.

People around the world think the government is some kind of leftists radicals, but in all seriousness they are only "left" in things like gay marriages, prisoners rights, immigrants and stuff like that. Total NWO-alignment. Yet, in all things economic, they are almost indistinguishable from all the prior governments.

They got elected to provide a relief-plan that would cost ~12bn euro and instead they offered the troika a plan of 8bn ADDITIONAL AUSTERITY MEASURES. They are willing to sacrifice the local population in favor of the euro.

The troika said no, we want even more than those 8bn, we actually want >11bn, so that's our offer, take it or leave it. One guy even said to Tsipras, that's it, game over if you don't take our offer. So they were forcing Tsipras to either say no, or get totally humiliated by saying yes - which would not even pass the local parliament vote from his party.

Tsipras went the referendum way, which is problematic for the following reason: He says you have to vote yes (to what the troika wants) or no to those measures, and always within the framework of EU & the euro. So if I vote "no", and if that's still within the framework of EU & the euro, Tsipras will say "yes, but now that you rejected the troika deal, we have to make another deal, somewhat lighter - like our 8bn measures proposal". Yet Tsipras wasn't elected to pass 8bn austerity measures. Nor should my "no" to the 11bn+ measures be counted as a ...yes for Tsipras 8bn package of measures. Fuck them both, not because I don't like austerity, but because macro-economically they are both destroying the economy and burying it in the negative recession-debt spiral, where debt is always growing due to the drop of the GDP. Totally unsustainable.

As the situation is right now, there is a pretty vocal no movement, and a quite silent yes crowd. The yes crowd is those who value their comfort more than the austerity measures, naively thinking that it's more of the same that we've had the last 5 years - but it's far worse than that. Food prices would instantly rise by at least 15%, as would electricity, water etc - while income would drop further still and further recession would make the debt go to sky-high levels (>200% of GDP). I'm not sure which way it'll go, but I fear for the "yes", as the ECB flow stop and the ATM situation is a pretty effective blackmail against certain demographics, like pensioners.

Interesting AlexGR.

Here's a summary from a major newspaper/media site down here in Australia; I would be interested in your view on its accuracy or whether it's missing the mark.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-business/greece-explainer-what-the-financial-crisis-means-20150628-gi05r2.html

This bit about Syriza engaging with Putin is particularly interesting for the longer term euro political situation:

Is it just an economic problem?
No.

This could also drastically change the political balance in Europe. If Syriza makes a success out of splitting Greece away from the rest of the continent, it will embolden other nationalistic parties such as the National Front in France or UKIP in the UK.

Future elections in Europe could see a surge in nationalism, a rejection of the European project, potentially enough to threaten Europe's stability as a political union.

Speaking of which, the UK is in the early stages of debate on a referendum on whether to stay in Europe, next year. If Europe is a basket case this time next year, public opinion (currently in favour of staying in) may drastically change.

Then there is the question of Russia. Syriza has already made overtures to the Kremlin, with Tsipras a star speaker at Putin's recent big international summit in St Petersburg.

If Russia comes to Greece's aid, with money, other support (or both), it will be a new factor in the current Cold War-like tensions between east and west.

Greece has already expressed its anger at Europe and NATO for not doing enough in its regular chest-bumping with Turkey. If Russian warships find a friendly berth in Greek ports, the strategic map of Europe is drastically redrawn.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:05:08 AM

Here's a summary from a major newspaper/media site down here in Australia; I would be interested in your view on its accuracy or whether it's missing the mark.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-business/greece-explainer-what-the-financial-crisis-means-20150628-gi05r2.html

This bit about Syriza engaging with Putin is particularly interesting for the longer term euro political situation:

In general, it's mostly correct, except how far Greeks would be willing to go in order to get to a new currency. The article misses a key element, in that all major political parties in Greece are pro-euro. Even if 99% of the people were pro-drachma, the parties that are supposedly representing the people, are pro-euro. Thus it's difficult to break out when there is no planning to do so.

As far as Putin goes, the good Russian-Greek relations "sell" to the internal greek audience and the greek government always pretends to have excellent relations with Russia.

Greeks love Russians and perhaps Russians have a similar sympathy for Greeks, based on common religious heritage (orthodox), both being empires in the past etc etc... So it's a popular meme here that if the west abandon us, we'll turn to russia... but that can't happen because Greece is literally OWNED by the west, and so are the parties that are the puppets of these owners. That's why just a few days ago, the syriza government co-voted along with the other europeans the extensions of sanctions against Russia, despite its pro-Russian rhetorics. And Russia did what it had to do in response, to exclude the Greek markets from importing fruits etc. That's the reality when it counts... Greece remains a puppet state through a puppet government. What the world is seeing is no actual resistance. It's all theatrics.

There are two scenarios for greece... either we go the total surrender route and thus prevent "rebellion" from other countries that might want to go that route, or greece's role is to get theatrically kicked out of the eurozone in order to further the consolidation of the other eurozone members in a political union, through the "sacrifice" of Greece that will be used to frighten other member-states to give their power to a broader political/economic union: The U.S.of.Europe. This is something that up to now the member-states do not desire. But they might "want it" if there was an imminent fear of eurozone breakdown, the markets starting to attack Italy, Spain, Portugal etc etc, their bond prices going through the roof and making their debt servicing very expensive... and then the solution would be presented that if there was a unification of debts/economies/power structures, then these attacks would no longer be possible...thus puppet-prime ministers of the eurozone countries would sell the unification to their people as a "necessity" and proceed with the treaties that make a more unified europe (more like a fascist europe) a reality.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:54:54 AM

In general, it's mostly correct, except how far Greeks would be willing to go in order to get to a new currency. The article misses a key element, in that all major political parties in Greece are pro-euro. Even if 99% of the people were pro-drachma, the parties that are supposedly representing the people, are pro-euro. Thus it's difficult to break out when there is no planning to do so.

As far as Putin goes, the good Russian-Greek relations "sell" to the internal greek audience and the greek government always pretends to have excellent relations with Russia.

Greeks love Russians and perhaps Russians have a similar sympathy for Greeks, based on common religious heritage (orthodox), both being empires in the past etc etc... So it's a popular meme here that if the west abandon us, we'll turn to russia... but that can't happen because Greece is literally OWNED by the west, and so are the parties that are the puppets of these owners. That's why just a few days ago, the syriza government co-voted along with the other europeans the extensions of sanctions against Russia, despite its pro-Russian rhetorics. And Russia did what it had to do in response, to exclude the Greek markets from importing fruits etc. That's the reality when it counts... Greece remains a puppet state through a puppet government. What the world is seeing is no actual resistance. It's all theatrics.

There are two scenarios for greece... either we go the total surrender route and thus prevent "rebellion" from other countries that might want to go that route, or greece's role is to get theatrically kicked out of the eurozone in order to further the consolidation of the other eurozone members in a political union, through the "sacrifice" of Greece that will be used to frighten other member-states to give their power to a broader political/economic union: The U.S.of.Europe. This is something that up to now the member-states do not desire. But they might "want it" if there was an imminent fear of eurozone breakdown, the markets starting to attack Italy, Spain, Portugal etc etc, their bond prices going through the roof and making their debt servicing very expensive... and then the solution would be presented that if there was a unification of debts/economies/power structures, then these attacks would no longer be possible...thus puppet-prime ministers of the eurozone countries would sell the unification to their people as a "necessity" and proceed with the treaties that make a more unified europe (more like a fascist europe) a reality.

The whole world is in clutches of corporate fascists but it would take an eternity for majority of the people to react and change that. Fear leads them and the status quo is all they want, fearing the worst. In Greece, I am almost certain, they will vote "YES" for the 'troika' and their pillaging proposal thusly giving a legitimacy to this ridiculous charade called "austerity" so the looting of their country's resources can continue.

That's only because they can't get (enough) of their money out of an ATM / bank TODAY so why would they think about their future and the future of their children YEARS from today.
wozzek23

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:59:37 AM

What does this mean:
Total Paid (Last month)    19.848 DASH (6 times / 1 missed / 1 hijacked)?

I added the color for dramatic effect  Smiley

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 05:08:21 AM

What does this mean:

i had same question week ago, but nobody answered me Cheesy

i also have one Hijacked Wink

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:17:47 AM

Very deep and nicely made!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 06:21:48 AM

Whats with the bitfinex?  Shocked

im trying to sell 1.6 DASH and its just canceling my orders after i put them...

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:01:52 AM

decentralized dash market with multisig key sound great idea for the first voting, agree Huh but maybe need smart contract first to make this work Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 08:44:51 AM

decentralized dash market with multisig key sound great idea for the first voting, agree Huh but maybe need smart contract first to make this work Huh

that would be a big step forward... decentralized DASH exchange... njami

wozzek23

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:07:23 AM

What does this mean:

i had same question week ago, but nobody answered me Cheesy

i also have one Hijacked Wink

So I guess this will remain a mystery. I draw some guilty pleasure out of it, for someone's MN has "hijacked" my payment but the one my MN "hijacked" from someone else was 100% higher.

Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 [4935] 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: