Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:35:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 [5006] 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722499 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:19:27 PM

Funny comments made by fintech startups and entrepreneurs Grin
http://finiculture.com/startup-kids-say-the-darndest-things/
and
http://finiculture.com/fintech-startup-kids-say-the-darndest-things/
“We will reach $1m/$5m/$10m by month 18.” I categorize these types of statements in the “i have no clue about growth rates and the friction of traction” category.
“We are building a core banking system, a system of record, from scratch.”
“We have built a sophisticated algorithm.” With emphasis on the word sophisticated. As if some intend to not built sophisticated algorithms. The words sophisticated, innovative, complex, advanced, cutting edge get to be over used in every presentation I read and pitch I attend.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:22:55 PM

Whelp ...
\o/ yeah !!!
.................lol
Was well worth it to get a laugh out of you, hehe  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 10:32:41 PM

TestNet Update - v12.0.29 - TESTNET ONLY!

Is this the update that fixes Dash's broken Darksend anonymity by implementing Masternode blinding?

No?  Why not?  Masternode blinding has only been 'in the works' for at least 5 months.

Masternode blinding was supposed to be part of "the next release" according to https://www.dashpay.io/news/11-2-dash-release/

What's taking so long?

Yes, we shall. And Evan will continue to deliver

If he says it will be done, you can book it.

But he's no longer saying Masternode blinding will be done.

The subject has just been dropped.  Radio silence.

Does he think we'll just forget when some other new shiny thing is released instead?

Considering Dash's raison d'etre is anonymity, why isn't Masternode blinding the top priority?

As anyone can clearly see by going through updates, is was explained that Masternode Blinding is still very much on the development radar, just postponed temporarily while we create a stable version to be included in our mobile wallet projects, which are currently under development.

When these mobile wallets using V12 are completed, then the plan is to continue the planned path of enabling Masternode Blinding.

Which "updates?"  Links or it never happened.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:12:20 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 11:49:37 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

[yawn] https://dashtalk.org/threads/v0-11-2-x-testing.4202/page-30#post-50502

Must be tiring to be an idiot, and tell a tale full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

First you try to say that we will never eliminate the reference node, then that gets done. Now, you are saying that we will not implement Masternode Blinding, when we are clearly waiting for iPhone and Android implementation.

Don't you ever get tired of being owned?

You are wasting your time. Whether you like it or not, Evan is an award-winning developer creating a fantastic product. Quick, look for another straw to turn into a sideshow clown show! No one here cares...[/yawn]

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:13:01 PM

80 to go to 3k masternodes.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:29:27 PM

80 to go to 3k masternodes.

What an amazing accomplishment. This network is rock solid, and waiting to be taken to the next level...

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:33:13 PM

You are pathetic

Now now. Be nice.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:51:22 PM

Tao has been getting a little more 'edgy' lately - lol
but nothing like my drunk'n rants - lol

but then again - it is icebucket - our beloved concern troll - pffft
Yeah, you dudes are right. I've edited my post. Back to Twitter with me!  Grin

Shunak

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:14:39 AM

GODLIKE, If you just want to help the network, running a full node, or a wallet with the full blockchain will always be helpful.  Also, like alex-ru was trying to say, it will soon be possible to earn coins by making a proposal and getting paid directly from the blockchain.  10% of the blockchain rewards are going to pay for development, marketing, or whatever brilliant idea people come up with.  The only trick is to get enough people to vote for your idea that it gets approved.  If you get enough votes to win a spot, you will get payments directly to your wallet.

The way this will work is that after a proposal is made, it will have a forum where the entire community can discuss it, refine it, and the proposer will adjust his specifications until he gets the required votes.  Those specifications are the contract and if the proposer doesn't meet the mile stones, the voters can vote down the project and stop the funding.

It is desireable for everyone in the community to get involved, but only masternodes can vote for security reasons.

Anyway, it's a great way to earn coins if you have an idea and talent, especially in marketing or developing.

Well... it's nice... if only I knew this one year ago... I worked in the games industry, can use Unity like my hands, I make graphics and 3D models and game design.
I have one idea for a betting game similar to pachinko, it's an evolution of it, with 3D graphics and mechanisms and upgraded mechanic, I think it could make a good success.
But I will only get engaged into it if I find one SERIOUS person that will help me with the coding of it.
I can do the whole game part, I need help for the coin integration and database (PHP, MySQL or whatever) because I haven't any experience with those.
With SERIOUS I mean somebody that at the end of the week will have done what has to be done to proceed with the project, because if I don't see the progress I get demotivated soon and I NEED to see the thing in action and growing.

Now see - you're coming in at a perfect time

You can make a proposal to the DASH system - after V 12 is launched - find a partner to help do the work and you get paid via the BlockChain....

Looks to me that you have options :-D
Does he need only 51%?
Shunak

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:36:55 AM

Does he need only 51%?

Define 51%

51% of the MN system would cost you MILLIONS - if that's what you mean :-P
No haha
Im thinking about %
if they are important, some projects should require more than 51% (yes)
Shunak

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:42:45 AM

Does he need only 51%?

Define 51%

No haha
Im thinking about %

For Voting on a Proposal?

I've not seen the 'Voting' requirements yet

Anybody???
Evan??
ok haha
I should wait, thanks for your answers
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 12:45:36 AM

Does he need only 51%?

Define 51%

No haha
Im thinking about %

Anybody???
Evan??

Minimum requirement to get into a budget if there is literally nothing else in there to stop you is 5% of the network in votes, so currently that's 145 votes. But say, you get 100 "no" votes, that means you will need 245 yes votes to have 5%.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:06:07 AM

Does he need only 51%?

Define 51%

No haha
Im thinking about %

Anybody???
Evan??

Minimum requirement to get into a budget if there is literally nothing else in there to stop you is 5% of the network in votes, so currently that's 145 votes. But say, you get 100 "no" votes, that means you will need 245 yes votes to have 5%.

So if I understand this system... a proposal is scored by summing the votes from all Masternodes where a "yes" vote is +1, an "abstain" is 0, and a "no" is -1. Proposals will be paid starting at the highest score proceeding to the lowest score until the allotted funds are exhausted. Finally, to qualify for any payment at all a proposal must at least score greater than 0.05*Total Masternodes. If not enough qualifying proposals exist then the coins are not generated. For example, if 10% of the coin supply is dedicated to funding and on average qualifying proposals only need 7% of that supply then 3% of the coins will never be created.

Is that correct?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 02:53:21 AM

[yawn] https://dashtalk.org/threads/v0-11-2-x-testing.4202/page-30#post-50502

Must be tiring to be an idiot, and tell a tale full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

First you try to say that we will never eliminate the reference node, then that gets done. Now, you are saying that we will not implement Masternode Blinding, when we are clearly waiting for iPhone and Android implementation.

Don't you ever get tired of being owned?

You are wasting your time. Whether you like it or not, Evan is an award-winning developer creating a fantastic product. Quick, look for another straw to turn into a sideshow clown show! No one here cares...[/yawn]

I asked for an "Update" reporting on the status of Masternode blinding, not an offhand mention buried on page 30 of some obscure thread.  But I understand you couldn't do any better (*pats ToS on head with maximum condescension*).

If you spent as much time working on Masternode blinding as complaining about me, it might be done by now...

...and neither does 12.x.x.

The only awards Dash's dev will win is Peter Todd's Snake Oil of The Year and vertoe's Golden Donkey Prize.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:04:13 AM

Does he need only 51%?

Define 51%

No haha
Im thinking about %

Anybody???
Evan??

So if I understand this system... a proposal is scored by summing the votes from all Masternodes where a "yes" vote is +1, an "abstain" is 0, and a "no" is -1. Proposals will be paid starting at the highest score proceeding to the lowest score until the allotted funds are exhausted. Finally, to qualify for any payment at all a proposal must at least score greater than 0.05*Total Masternodes. If not enough qualifying proposals exist then the coins are not generated. For example, if 10% of the coin supply is dedicated to funding and on average qualifying proposals only need 7% of that supply then 3% of the coins will never be created.

Is that correct?

Yes - That's what would happen - if the funds don't get used - they are never born

@Evan - correct me if I'm wrong here but.....

also - with a 5% approval you can only have 20 Proposals getting paid, at any one time - at the most - in a perfect world
SO - when 50% of the votes go towards 1 Proposal you can only have 10 Proposals getting paid at a time
50% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% + 5% = 100%

SO - over voting can keep people from getting their Proposals approved when everybody gets all excited

33% + 33% + 33% + 1% Abstain = 100%
3 get paid
[all these numbers represent voting yes unless otherwise stated]

if MN = 3000
and 2880 MN vote = YEA
only 1 Proposal can be paid
There's not not enough votes for anybody else to get paid to  = 5%

2880 / 3000 = 96%

Not sure if the system is looking at decimals and if they are, how many significant digits??

@Evan - correct me if I'm wrong here

My Question is: Can we only Vote once on each Proposal
OR can we only Vote once on one Proposal
hummmmmmm....... edited to clarify my question
Your comment above is not what the masternodes voted in.  The reason for the voting is to focus attention on a few projects and get them fully funded.  It was not to run a donation portal that funds too many of projects that never get finished.  You can look at more details on the latest revision to the voting proposal on Dashtalk here:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/vote-self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain.4825/page-4#post-53665

This is the basic concept:

Proposals get voted on.  A majority vote(or some minimum %) gets a proposal in the queue.
The highest %(of yes) proposals get first place in the queue.
So for a 60% yes for A, 70% yes for B, and 30% yes for C votes we would have:
B has priority, then A.  C gets thrown out because it doesn't meet the minimum 50%+ yes.

Also, a suggestion to weed out spam proposals was to charge a fee of 1-10? DASH.  The fee would go to the website host that enters, lists project details, and submits the projects.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:11:45 AM

It's just not worth it.  Roll Eyes

You don't care about Masternode blinding?  It was kind of a big deal, back in the day (before Duffield consigned Darkcoin to the memory hole).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:14:07 AM

I know this is off topic, but it might affect all of us in a few months. "Disclaimer" - I might be nothing

Financial Crisis Planned For September 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkELgi6EkNo

I know our main developer is located in the USA, he might want to take a vacation outside the USA just in case this does happen. I mean nothing could happen, but you never know. I don't want to scare anyone, please take this video with a grain of salt.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:26:52 AM

I know this is off topic, but it might affect all of us in a few months. "Disclaimer" - I might be nothing

I know our main developer is located in the USA, he might want to take a vacation outside the USA just in case this does happen. I mean nothing could happen, but you never know. I don't want to scare anyone, please take this video with a grain of salt.

kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:00:21 AM

Homer never lies!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:28:08 AM

Does he need only 51%?

I think he needs at least 51%, and then, he needs to be as high on the list of projects as funding is available. We should only have 10% of the block reward available to spend, so the highest voted projects that are >= 51% yes votes should be funded based on highest vote %.  Yet, once in the budget, it shouldn't be able to be stopped unless default on the work, in which case masternodes need to vote no until it's below 50% ( I think ) and that will stop the payments.

So it might look like this:

Development fund  90% yes
Marketing fund       86% yes
side chain fund       54% yes ---- hit 9.5% of block rewards (out of 10%)
Peanut eating fund  52% yes .... not funded because it requires more than 0.5% of the budget

Here is the $60,000 question, what if there is a:

Beer for meetings fund  51@  but it costs < 0.5% of the budget, does it get funded instead of the Peanut eating fund?  Or do we hold off on everything until the other funds slow down their needs (end of cycle - there is always a number of payments set, so when that's finished, the budget is revisited) Tiz a good question, eh?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 [5006] 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: