Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 [5286] 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722602 times)
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:40:47 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:48:37 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

cryptonewb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:49:00 AM

that's good news! Smiley
But why not build it publicly, so other developers/volunteers can help?

Also, now that you are online, can you please answer my newb questions:

Personally, I think it's because they can't and won't unless they want to steal the idea for their own project.  I personally don't want Dash to take that chance.  I want it open-source on main net, it has to be, but any time before that, but after it's been developed and coded at least to 90% I'd like to see kept hidden.  Of course, you've heard me say that, and you want Evan to answer.  I don't know why I can't shut my mouth.  My fingers are itchy or something, LOL.  Forgive me please Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EheLN-MDzrA (OMG, and I think this is "new" music, check out those phones!  ROFLMAO)  And that's pointed at me, nobody else so don't take offense Wink

DASH seems to have a pretty good track record. it shows confidence if you just release your plans. Which altcoin could build the same network effect around an anonymous cryptocurrency AND build the same features in a shorter time frame?
I think this is almost impossible...

So if you ask me, just release the whitepapers so everybody in the community can review them, suggest improvements, and maybe help to build it!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:57:05 AM

Great 70's flic for anyone looking for a switch off.

(Unfortunately it's only 360p).
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:13:30 AM

Please to upvote my post warning about problems with Cryptsy withdrawals since the 5th Oct:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nkotr/cryptsy_responds_to_coinfire

Otohs 1 point 26 minutes ago

I had over $50,000 on Cryptsy on the 5th Oct, I sold (at a loss) for BTC, LTC & DASH, I was able to withdraw the 8,433 DASH, but the 2,886 LTC & 76.24 BTC have been stuck there for over one week, I was then locked out of my account and dealing with support has been a nightmare, fobbed off with "you're in a queue" or ignored mostly.

I would not advise risking any funds there atm.

Will update on developments...

We were all worried about you there Sad  I hope you can get access to your account back soon, and especially your funds back!  I'm sorry about that Sad

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:17:24 AM

You have MAD skills :-D

Hehe, thanks. I do what I can.  These small projects are fun! And, a nice break between daddy duties.

I don't remember asking you this but - why are you not on the DEV team?

Well, even if I were, I'd be part time, baby duties leave fewer hours to hack than I'd like.
But, maybe I already am in a sense.
I think anybody that writes code for dash is part of the 'dev team'.

Indeed you are!  And congratulations that you get to be with your baby!  You have no idea how precious that is.  I had to work through my first two, I stayed home for 2 years for my third, but then quit 2 years later to go back to her.  I really regret not being there for the first two but am so thankful I got to be there for the last one Smiley  Enjoy it!  Working on the Dash Team is a great side job for you, I'd think!  flexible hours, etc, yet, I would hope, rather exciting Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
DrDeepWeb1

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:42:54 AM

Can some of you guys come aver and help answer some questions people are asking. Thanks !!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/3oftzn/lets_have_a_chat_about_dash_bitcoin_payment/

His post has become quite popular and keep in mind there are around 80k subscribers to this sub.(these are just the regular visitors) (many people dont subscribe) There is a guy that has got involved with the discussion. (Vendor_BBMC) if we need to convince anyone its this guy! hes very involved in the DMN's and also very vocal on the DNM forums.

Thanks.

dont forget to up-vote this post so it stays at the to of this sub! Grin

Thanks Guys !! All over it !!!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:33:57 AM

If  you're not running a version 0.12.0.55 Masternode, you're putting the breaks on when people are trying to mix.  We still have about 18% on a different version which is messing up the mixing performance.  Like hitting a brick wall. 

So please update ASAP, thanks Cheesy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 02:45:05 AM

xcoind: main.cpp:2822: bool InitBlockIndex(): Assertion `hash == hashGenesisBlock' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

edit:just realized their src were 2 years dated  while the OP says (ready) ....

original subject was "Re: [ANN][XCO] XCoin | CPU - Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread"

to

"Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | Anonymous (alpha) | KGW | No Premine | ASIC Resistant"

to

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | DarkSend (exciting new feature) | KGW | No Premine

to

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin (DarkSend) | No Premine | Runs 30% cooler than scrypt

to

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | No Premine | DGW | ASIC Resistant

to

No where did it have X11 in its original post until...

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X11 | First DGW | ASIC Resistant
March 24, 2014, 07:20:34 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5878610#msg5878610

First user mentioning "X11"

Hey was there a problem with DarkGravityWave after all? I remember reading something?

Yeah, there's the possibility of a timewarp exploit (still) and a problem with 32bit. Working on the patch in this branch:

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin/commits/dgw-fixes/src

Hi Evan, I just wanted to tell you that I will be using your X11 algorithm for a coin I'm creating. It definitely seems like the best solution out there right now. I'm currently using a KGW implementation with a time warp limitation but will be upgrading to your Dark Gravity Wave when it's completed - full credit given wherever I can . Although I won't be using your Darksend when it becomes open source, I believe that is yours to keep and have as a selling point for Darkcoin.

Thank you for all your contributions to the crypto community.

Interesting when chain coin appears to be using the same 11 algorithms (just in a different order). Note date of launch. About 2 months prior:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422149.msg4592564#msg4592564

So the whole claim of "First X11" or "Inventor of X11" is very questionable.

Plus inventing X11 isn't something you should be bragging about:

If any one of the hashes in the chain of 11 hashes has a lower entropy then the entire chain does. Say you found this vulnerability and didn't announce it. Instead you could use it to amplify your hashrate. With that you could take unfair levels of mining rewards, or potentially launch double-spend attacks.

Fixing it after the fact also probably means the inability to unwind the damage already done if it had gone on a long time undetected.

So 11 hashes is 11 times more likely to have a vulnerability than 1 hash.

Evan has yet to refute this, and he was the one asked me to point out the weakness.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1118138.msg12539649#msg12539649

As for what you plan meeting reality and mashing algos together being good crypto, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yes, lets just talk about this then. How is X11 bad for crypto?

It's used for proof-of-work and protecting our decentralized oracle implementation. How would you use a weakness in one of the 11 algorithms to attack the currency?

Do you also realize if I'm wrong and we got attacked, we would just switch to another algorithm? Just like if SHA256 had issues, the bitcoin team would have to switch as well. Instead of switching out the entire algorithm, we could use 10 hashes instead of 11 as the chain.

Also, speaking of distribution. The whole idea behind inventing X11 was that it would reduce the heat/wear-and-tear on GPUs that were used for mining. This allowed a really long period (...still going after 1.5 years) of hobbyist miners using GPUs to mine Dash.

Evan Scamfield invented X11 like Mike Hearn invented SPV.   Cheesy

Of course we only hear crickets after you point out the weaknesses, as requested.

Maybe he's too busy working on Masternode Blinding (real soon now, we promise) to respond?   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:05:14 AM

IB, don't you have a company to run into the ground with employees that depend on you?  How do you have time to spam us?  How do you even sleep at night?

Mr. Blueberry, best of luck to you and your NSA authored software/coin/platform (not sure what it is really).

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:12:12 AM

Roll Eyes

So If you and the rest of your troll buddies have all the answers... Why aren't you coding and creating your own "perfect"  coin?  Seriously.... Get off you hump and do something.... Instead of being a bunch of sideline arm chair quarter backs,  and back seat drivers,  do this yourself.  I'll invest in it... If it's all what u claim it should be.   Why not stop being a bunch of loud mouths yelling from the side lines and contribute...

It's amazing for a bunch of guys with no coding skills you guys seem to have all the answers.  Roll Eyes

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:26:53 AM

IB, don't you have a company to run into the ground with employees that depend on you?  How do you have time to spam us?  How do you even sleep at night?

Mr. Blueberry, best of luck to you and your NSA authored software/coin/platform (not sure what it is really).

Not sure what you meant by the NSA comment, but if you are implying that CryptoNote is far more NSA proof than CoinJoin you are correct.
I'm sorry but as far as I knew, cryptobloat was written BY the NSA.  So w/e.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:30:18 AM

Roll Eyes

Wow at this pace we'll be able to field a full virtual football team.  Going to call the team... The "Virtuals"  complete with virtual coderbackers.... Lol.  Hey that's a good funny right there.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
DrDeepWeb1

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:33:49 AM

when trolls post on this sub just press the ignore button.
dont even give them what they are hoping to get : A response. 

Eventually they will go away for good. hopefully Undecided.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:46:54 AM

really,
so everybody misunderstood you and your tech than ?
is that the reason why you are still at Marketcap #143 ?
lol

i stopped eating blueberry pie's because of you
 Grin
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 03:52:21 AM

when trolls post on this sub just press the ignore button.
dont even give them what they are hoping to get : A response. 

Eventually they will go away for good. hopefully Undecided.

Unfortunately my friend they will never go away. I've been here since the beginning of this sub... Lol and they are still here...not as  many as there used to be,  as our team slowly and methodically address each issue they have brought up.  I don't have ice. On ignore... Because as each passing day goes by... Our ecosystem keeps  getting stronger  and more robust and it's great to know they know that as well.    Wink

moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:37:42 AM

You have MAD skills :-D

Hehe, thanks. I do what I can.  These small projects are fun! And, a nice break between daddy duties.

I don't remember asking you this but - why are you not on the DEV team?

Well, even if I were, I'd be part time, baby duties leave fewer hours to hack than I'd like.
But, maybe I already am in a sense.
I think anybody that writes code for dash is part of the 'dev team'.

Indeed you are!  And congratulations that you get to be with your baby!  You have no idea how precious that is.  I had to work through my first two, I stayed home for 2 years for my third, but then quit 2 years later to go back to her.  I really regret not being there for the first two but am so thankful I got to be there for the last one Smiley  Enjoy it!  Working on the Dash Team is a great side job for you, I'd think!  flexible hours, etc, yet, I would hope, rather exciting Cheesy

Thank you!

Yes, I make sure to enjoy every day.
And get a little sad most days when I realize how fast he's growing up.
So I take lots of pictures and video.

Yes, I've got big plans for dash services but I'm about a year behind schedule.
dashman is just a nice diversion that I hope people find useful.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:39:51 AM

dashman version 0.1.10 released

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

added ipv6 support - use icanhazip for ipv4/6 polling
added dashd uptime calculation
added support for hot-node (Internet server) dash.conf voting
added initial host metrics: uptime/load average

If you have both ipv6 and ipv4 configured, you will be prompted to select between the two on fresh 'install's.

Users of dashman will automatically be prompted to update.

I'm going to have to reflow this text soon, is getting tall!

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:42:23 AM

So sync will update it huh..

gonna try now.....

Any command will prompt you to update. 'dashman status' for instance. Smiley

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:43:42 AM

Please to upvote my post warning about problems with Cryptsy withdrawals since the 5th Oct:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nkotr/cryptsy_responds_to_coinfire

Otohs 1 point 26 minutes ago

I had over $50,000 on Cryptsy on the 5th Oct, I sold (at a loss) for BTC, LTC & DASH, I was able to withdraw the 8,433 DASH, but the 2,886 LTC & 76.24 BTC have been stuck there for over one week, I was then locked out of my account and dealing with support has been a nightmare, fobbed off with "you're in a queue" or ignored mostly.

I would not advise risking any funds there atm.

Oh now nice of Otoh to arrive fashionably late to the 'You Can't Trust Craptsy' party.

Too bad for all those who needed to hear/heed this advice weeks ago.

They should have listened to the warnings from those of us who knew better, and didn't get burned for $50k by DashScam's favorite scam exchange.

CrapSea is welcome to shun Monero for as long as they please.  That place is so scamcoin friendly (#1 Darkcoin volume and in bed with GAW/Paycoin) it would make XMR look bad to be seen there.

This, with capital T H I & S.

Lulz.... dont trust  your coins to that exchange they are terrible...

We warn people and they just don't do a search. :rolleyes:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:44:04 AM

IB, don't you have a company to run into the ground with employees that depend on you?  How do you have time to spam us?  How do you even sleep at night?

Not sure what you meant by the NSA comment, but if you are implying that CryptoNote is far more NSA proof than CoinJoin you are correct.
I'm sorry but as far as I knew, cryptobloat was written BY the NSA.  So w/e.

I thought the Monero devs were secretly the Bytecoin and CryptoNote devs. Do we work for the NSA too?

It is hard to keep track of the Dash conspiracy theories.
Pages: « 1 ... 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 [5286] 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: