Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 [5288] 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:13:48 PM

... as it seems to be a honeypot designed to get people use it thinking their transactions will be private.

Exactly.

Kind of like the honeypot of 'democracy' - thinking we have a choice because we can vote for 2 sides of the same coin  Wink
bitl0ck

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:16:55 PM

DASH WALLET CUBE, SILVER MADE.

PM me if anyone is interested.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:18:42 PM

... as it seems to be a honeypot designed to get people use it thinking their transactions will be private.

Exactly.

If "they" could break the crypto they would not have bothered with a 82% premine.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:49:25 PM

1    Poloniex   DASH/BTC    $ 8,352   $ 2.34    27.39 %    Recently
2    Cryptsy   DASH/BTC    $ 7,743   $ 2.38    25.39 %    Recently
3    Bittrex   DASH/BTC    $ 5,768   $ 2.38    18.91 %    Recently
4    useCryptos   DASH/BTC    $ 2,624   $ 2.36    8.61 %    Recently
5    CEX.IO   DASH/BTC    $ 2,106   $ 2.39    6.91 %    Recently

So Poloniex overtook Cryptsy for the volume. 

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:52:39 PM

Boolberry: Put up or shut up. Trace an 8-round Darksend transaction back to its source address. Go for it. If our anonymity is so weak, it shouldn't be a problem. So either prove how "weak" our anonymity is, or go back to working on your NSACoin.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:54:56 PM

Please to upvote my post warning about problems with Cryptsy withdrawals since the 5th Oct:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nkotr/cryptsy_responds_to_coinfire

Otohs 1 point 26 minutes ago

I had over $50,000 on Cryptsy on the 5th Oct, I sold (at a loss) for BTC, LTC & DASH, I was able to withdraw the 8,433 DASH, but the 2,886 LTC & 76.24 BTC have been stuck there for over one week, I was then locked out of my account and dealing with support has been a nightmare, fobbed off with "you're in a queue" or ignored mostly.

I would not advise risking any funds there atm.

Will update on developments...

Why the hell would anybody want a litecoin?

Anyway, I'm really sorry for you Otoh...that sucks badly =(

Leaves me wondering if there really is something to the allegations of multiple federal investigations...or if the rumors of such led to a "run" on the exchange and unveiled some sort of a fractional reserve scam going on.

Not that I'm alleging that any such thing happened...but it does leave one to speculate.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:56:00 PM

What in the world does this have to do with "the NSA designed cryptonote" that people on this thread are now repeating?

maybe because your attitude of being self appointed crypto-sheriff sort of thing...  Tongue

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:23:24 PM

you can always have multiple 'accounts' I guess, so I really don't get your point.

Then I suggest you take out a Cryptonote hedge (or even go all in Wink ). You can always invest in both. That will save you the headache.

I still think that dash could be it, seems to have a big community and a lot of software (smartphone wallet, GUI, ...)
Also, a bigger market cap. So it has a better chance than cryptonote.

But I need to investigate it a bit more. I'm now syncing my DASH client to test it out. I'll try to do some darksend and instantX tomorrow Smiley
I also got some answers on the questions I asked in the monero topic, will also try to test that out in one of the next days, so I can compare.

I still don't really understand how monero works. Thanks to the explanation by Evan, I think most of my concerns are gone, although I need to look at it a bit more:

1) How are the masternode locks enforced in the network? How do you force miners to not mine a double spent transaction?
2) Is it possible that there is a competing locked transaction? If that transaction has a higher fee (double spend attempt), I guess the miners rather confirm the transaction with the higher fee...
3) Masternodes don't get fees to lock transactions? What is the incentive to do the work? How are the masternode rewards distributed? How can the network "know" that masternodes are online and doing the work in stead of just being idle to have a lower bandwidth usage?
4) I wonder how you can have so much transactions per second? (the slide shows 500-1500) I read that bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second. I showed that it seems impossible to lock 350 transactions simultaneously with 3500 masternodes, unless you allow overlap. But that should be avoided, because it can happen that a masternode has the power to decide which of the 2 transactions he confirms during a double spend attack.

1.) There is code that scans all incoming blocks for transaction locks when accepting transactions and blocks. This means that a block that contains a conflicting transaction will be automatically rejected.
2.) The answer to this one is 3 fold.
    a. Currently if there are conflicting locks on the network, they will actually cancel each other. 2 conflicting locks doesn't really give miners a choice, it just removes instantX and goes back to proof of work.
    b. The quorums are selected by inputs though, so you'll get the same quorum for the same transaction even with a different fee. This means, they would have already decided and no conflicting lock would be issued.
    c. The new improved way is to use the quorum timestamp, then take the earliest one always.
3.) Masternodes are paid from the blockchain reward, which will be worth more as the services are utilized more. My position is that monetary services of the network should be provided at no or low cost, then we can add on other services over the coming years by financing them from the budget. The masternode network will own Virtual Corporations that are working to expand the reach of Dash. Then they will be paid from the dividends from those companies (a few years off).
4.) DAPI was just one of many components -- it isn't what allows for such scalability  Wink

1) so the transaction locks are part of the consensus rules? That indeed makes sense. Still strange to wrap my head around it, because in bitcoin miners "lock" transactions in blocks
2) a - doesn't really seems safe to accept InstantX transactions  Undecided
b - so what happens in case there are 3 different inputs? Transaction 1  has input A and B, transaction 2 has input A and C. A is being double spend.  are the oracles for the first transaction different from the second one, or is there an overlap?
c - timestamps aren't 100% right all the time and can be manipulated.
3) you didn't answer the question on how the network knows that a masternode isn't idling and doing his job. This seems pretty important!
4) so we need to wait... I hope we know more when the amsterdam vid is online Smiley

edit: this is the main reason I still believe that the DASH network effect is just bigger and dash probably has more chances to succeed:
It seems like this cryptonote thing and dash have a different approach to privacy. need to research more now...

Yes, Cryptonote has so called on-chain anonymity, and DASH has so called off-chain anonymity. They are different approaches aiming to achieve the same thing. The difference is, that the mixing of inputs and outputs (where the money is coming and where it's going) is retained in the blockchain and protected by math in on-chain anonymity, whereas in DASH's off-chain anonymity the mixing is done outside the blockchain by the masternode network and the link between inputs and outputs is not recorded into the blockchain.

I'm not sure if the coming Evolution version will change that though? Evan has hinted that all transactions will be private by default which would imply that there will be some changes to how the anonymity is achieved.

In the end we're all going after the same thing, a replacement for fiat, that can't corrupted or controlled by any single entity.

Requirements:
- Fungibility - All units of the current must be interchangeable (after sending coins they shouldn't have history attached)
- Speed - The currency must be able to compete with credit cards (1-5 second double-spend proof confirmations)
- Governance - The currency must be governed in a decentralized and decisive way
- Funding - The currency must have a permanent decentralized funding source for development, marketing, legal, etc
- Scalability - The currency must be able to scale to billions of transactions per day with 100% decentralization
- Ease Of Use - The currency must be usable by normal every day people

DASH attempts to fulfill all those requirements above and is actively working towards them, and features currently 4 (and a half as it has a basic GUI wallet I suppose) of them. Cryptonote coins seem to aim only at 1/6th of those requirements of digital cash.

Don't waste any funds on this DASH nonsense.  Its a pre-mined scam built on top of lies.  Anonymity simply does not work.  If it wasnt for the cult followers who are over invested in this pyramid scheme this coin would be dead a long time ago.  Don't turn your CASH into ASH by investing in DASH.
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:25:59 PM

If  you're not running a version 0.12.0.55 Masternode, you're putting the breaks on when people are trying to mix.  We still have about 18% on a different version which is messing up the mixing performance.  Like hitting a brick wall. 

So please update ASAP, thanks Cheesy

Answering your call! Kinda messed up server setups and no longer login as root so could not install dashman and was too lazy to update. But realized that i can physically  copy script and use it! So easy to update, no longer a burden!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:38:08 PM

At first I thought the article directed at Cryptsy was mostly libel until I saw what happened to OTOH. Got most of my holding outs except for LTCX, I don't have a working wallet for that one yet.

Makes me glad I hold most my coins off the exchanges theses days.

Any ETA for when we can except a premiere for V13?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:45:50 PM

Boolberry: Put up or shut up. Trace an 8-round Darksend transaction back to its source address. Go for it. If our anonymity is so weak, it shouldn't be a problem. So either prove how "weak" our anonymity is, or go back to working on your NSACoin.

Can you tell me how long it would take you to execute an 8-round mix and transaction if I wanted to send $200 worth of DASH?  From the moment I purchase DASH until the moment I could send it to someone else after 8-rounds?

Days?

Weeks?

Months?

Years?
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

Any ETA for when we can except a premiere for V13?
Its going to be done in stages over the next few months, the team said lots of coding work and testing to do.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:08:13 PM

Y'know, the genuine trolls methods are many fold, scare away anyone interested, divide groups, spread rumour... and many more subtle ways too such as encouraging hostility and the result of that is we do their work for them. Unless binaryFate sold his account at some stage then I can safely say he's not a troll and any impression of hostility on his part is likely the result of the same subtle trolling that's effecting us.
Thank you.
I know this thread is under constant "attack", but indeed responding like some do isn't gonna help elevate the level!

Over 5000 pages of constant spamming and nasty disinfo by Monero fanboys, means that anyone with a Monero signature is automatically labelled a troll, sorry if I typecast you wrong but there have not been any other exceptions as yet.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:32:45 PM

You're falling for it

I think you just achieved 'Legendary' status with that post.

Your stock value is at an ATH. Hope it's not time to sell  Wink
BitWater

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:33:21 PM

I have had interest in Monero for some time its the constant trolling that has kept me away from it.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:43:06 PM

Lol, never! Same as everything else, stick with it come what may, all the way up, all the way down just so long as its principles remain sound.

Well at least you're deserving of it, being a community contributor rather than a community leech like iCEBREAKER. (Just as well there's enough blood to go around  Wink ).
BitWater

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:47:24 PM

I have had interest in Monero for some time its the constant trolling that has kept me away from it.

The Monero folks that troll here? I doubt many of them contribute anything to Monero, they're mostly just parasites that want to see their profits grow and their post history is usually revealing. Funny thing is, if they spent as much time making an honest living as they do spreading FUD they'd probably make far more, pitiable really.

Not only that but to see Monero reps in person doing the same thing did much more damage than good from an investor standpoint. If I wanted to be taken seriously I wouldn't be acting like that.

the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:56:17 PM

The Monero folks that troll here? I doubt many of them contribute anything to Monero, they're mostly just parasites that want to see their profits grow and their post history is usually revealing. Funny thing is, if they spent as much time making an honest living as they do spreading FUD they'd probably make far more, pitiable really.

Sure, but it is kind of strange how they all seem to support the same project. So whatever technological merits monero might have, they are (to my mind at least) cancelled out by the fact that the project seems to attract sociopaths in great numbers. To put it more bluntly, when I see all those ignored posts here, it always makes me think of this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-14469%2C_Berlin%2C_Boykott-Posten_vor_j%C3%BCdischem_Warenhaus.jpg
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:10:58 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 11:02:06 PM by toknormal

Sure, but it is kind of strange how they all seem to support the same project. So whatever technological merits monero might have, they are (to my mind at least) cancelled out by the fact that the project seems to attract sociopaths in great numbers

You're not the only one who's noticed that.

The subtle common factor amongst many of them  - either implicitly or explicitly - is a mindset that believes in the supremacy of technology over the human.

Here's a backgrounder, straight from one of its own staff members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=971275.0

Why do you think they bang on about 'math' so much and dismiss the need for public accountability in blockchains. Worship of academic prowess over practical endeavour. Immunity to humour etc. It's a (cult) mindset and it has infected this whole sector of bitcointalk. (It's also, by the way, what informs and fuels their hatred of the 'instamine' because that was a human failing - a kind of intolerable breach of a sacred technological 'rule').

Nowhere amongst all the technological sabre rattling is there ever any sober analysis of money a' la Antonopolis. i.e. as a sociological phenomenon. They think this is nothing more than a race for technological supremacy. In fact money is historically a low tech, sociological, messy, complex concept as I've been trying to express over a few hundred thread pages. Expecting acknowledgement of that fact from the 'techno-cult', though would be like asking Count Dracula to dine on a meal of baked garlic and shallots with aioli served up on a platter blessed by the Holy Father himself.

As I say, I'm not accusing everyone of being consciously signed up 'cult' members, but the ones that aren't who we regularly run into sure are unconscious subscribers to that mindset as illustrated by deranged posts such as this.

Funnily, in an interesting bit of "rabbit hole" trivia, there is a sci-fi culture/genre known as "Cyberpunk" which is loosely associated with transhumanism by many. One term originating in this genre (created by William Gibson in the Novel 'Neuromancer') to do with protecting networks from unsolicited access is "Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics" (ICE).

In Neuromancer, a piece of software designed to break through such ICE's is known as, (surprise) an ICEbreaker.

In fact, not unlike the role performed by this piece of significant commercial software....

As it happens, the company that built and marketed that software was started by a certain personality, well known on BCT who would later go on to do even "greater" things at a company called "Hashfast".

Just a co-incidence, of course.  Wink
BitWater

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:27:54 PM

Quote from: the-baker
Sure, but it is kind of strange how they all seem to support the same project. So whatever technological merits monero might have, they are (to my mind at least) cancelled out by the fact that the project seems to attract sociopaths in great numbers.

This sums it.

Pages: « 1 ... 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 [5288] 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: