Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:07:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 [5294] 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722714 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:17:49 PM

I only looked through a few addresses casually.  I'm afraid I'll actually have to think and research to see what's up.  I'm a lazy butt.  I was just surprised to see that they think I have over 30 addresses in that wallet  Shocked Tongue Wink

How can you see that from a block explorer ?

Surely the block explorer just shows addresses, It can't know what wallet houses those addresses.

That's what I'm wondering.  How accurate is the info?  If you look up any wallet address on that explorer, there is a line that says Wallet and next to it, in blue XX addresses

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Jacksp

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:21:14 PM

Are you going to talk about the price?
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:26:08 PM

I read 1/2 of that  - then - turned and ran the other way....
https://youtu.be/KAp9sFVdERQ

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Jacksp

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:27:05 PM

lol - that's his job:   @toknormal
We have broken resistance, back to 0.006  Cry Cry
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:35:05 PM

OK Vegeta sure. 
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:37:34 PM

what do we know about this...
JoinMarket

Blockchain.info is a private company that makes an open-source Bitcoin web wallet. They have a very bad reputation, as on numerous occasions they have been found to make mistakes. They also have an optional service called "SharedSend", or some such name, which uses their own version of CoinJoin to mix bitcoins that users send. That service was found to be flawed.
r/JoinMarket is a separate service that is open-source and created by u/belcher_. It also uses CoinJoin, but it has been vetted by CoinJoin's inventor, u/nullc, and many others interested in Bitcoin privacy. You can see the order book of people offering bitcoins for mixing here:
http://www.joinmarket.io
In other words, JoinMarket is decentralized and open-source, and it's not possible to lose your bitcoins or have them tracked by a centralized service, or server. One caveat: It's available for now only with command line interface, but plugins for Bitcoin Core and Electrum wallets are in the works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/3oftzn/lets_have_a_chat_about_dash_bitcoin_payment/cvzvwlk?context=3

it sounded good to me. i was just wondering what the fatal flaw was as i'm sure it has one. anyone anyone bueller

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:40:57 PM

i hope it goes to 0.0083ish so i can pick up 2 more masternodes. if it goes to 0.006 i will take 3 please, with cheese.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:46:57 PM

I saw a good exit opportunity.....

I don't think you'd know "good" if it wafted in though your window one day and offered to lift you up out of your angry pissed-off hell-hole of a life.

I just looked back through your posting history. You are one of the saddest, angriest, unhappy and wholly negative individuals I've come across.

It's not just Evan Duffield you're pissed about, it's the iGotSpots dev, the guy running the LTC vs Dash thread, the Bay area guy selling Clams for a premium, qwizzie, Otoh, Sub-Ether, illodin, GhostPlayer, toknormal, aleix, wozzek23. Minotaur26, bigrcanada....in fact virtually everyone except shining "beacons of hope" like iCEBREAKER (ha!).

In 10 pages of your last posts there isn't a single positive, complimentary, encouraging or appreciative post. It's all negative, hateful, angry, take-down, threatening, vengeful and oh-so-unhappy frustration.

You need to get help.

(EDIT: And what's just so gobsmackingly ironic is your buddha avatar. Astounding choice given your nature and countenance)

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:51:58 PM

it sounded good to me. i was just wondering what the fatal flaw was as i'm sure it has one. anyone anyone bueller

I think the 'fatal flaw' is that it's kind of like having 1 masternode which is privately owned and run. (Dash's are not because even though you can 'own and run' 1 masternode, you need to own over 3000 of them for it to matter).

Mixing is the exception rather than the rule.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:52:13 PM

JoinMarket

Blockchain.info is a private company that makes an open-source Bitcoin web wallet. They have a very bad reputation, as on numerous occasions they have been found to make mistakes. They also have an optional service called "SharedSend", or some such name, which uses their own version of CoinJoin to mix bitcoins that users send. That service was found to be flawed.
r/JoinMarket is a separate service that is open-source and created by u/belcher_. It also uses CoinJoin, but it has been vetted by CoinJoin's inventor, u/nullc, and many others interested in Bitcoin privacy. You can see the order book of people offering bitcoins for mixing here:
http://www.joinmarket.io
In other words, JoinMarket is decentralized and open-source, and it's not possible to lose your bitcoins or have them tracked by a centralized service, or server. One caveat: It's available for now only with command line interface, but plugins for Bitcoin Core and Electrum wallets are in the works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/3oftzn/lets_have_a_chat_about_dash_bitcoin_payment/cvzvwlk?context=3

That's just weird and I instantly have a prejudice against it, LOL.  I just asked there "how many people mix at once, that is, do they use blocks of coins in same amounts? Do they mix with more than 2 people? How long does it take to match up and mix?"  I can't imagine that they can compete with Dash, even close.  I'm sure the mixes are easily traceable and that it's FAR slower to get your coins mixed there than here, with much lower quality of untracability.  But I didn't come out and say that because I haven't done my research, and I'm too lazy to as well Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Jacksp

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:31:38 PM

OK Vegeta sure. 
Leeloo, walls do you see?
cryptonewb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:37:37 PM

What do these liquidity providers do exactly?

People are constantly running the mixer.  That's all.  Only A couple of weeks ago, Evan made it so that, if you're available for mixing, and you run liquidityprovider=1 in your conf file, you won't mix unless someone needs you to.  That is, you won't start mixing sessions, just join them.  This way, we don't sit around mixing with each other, and unnecessarily bloat the block chain.  But there are at least 6 people running liquidity providers according to the proposal that was approved, and that should give plenty of deviation so that mixes should be very good.  Plus there are others who just do it to be helpful.  Always do at least 2, better >5 Smiley

Hmmmm.... Isn't it dangerous to have to rely on only 6 people who are available for mixing all the time?
I guess that these people have the logs of the mixing. If they collude, they can know which mixing input is associated with a certain mixing output.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:51:04 PM

People are constantly running the mixer.  That's all.  Only A couple of weeks ago, Evan made it so that, if you're available for mixing, and you run liquidityprovider=1 in your conf file, you won't mix unless someone needs you to.  That is, you won't start mixing sessions, just join them.  This way, we don't sit around mixing with each other, and unnecessarily bloat the block chain.  But there are at least 6 people running liquidity providers according to the proposal that was approved, and that should give plenty of deviation so that mixes should be very good.  Plus there are others who just do it to be helpful.  Always do at least 2, better >5 Smiley

Hmmmm.... Isn't it dangerous to have to rely on only 6 people who are available for mixing all the time?
I guess that these people have the logs of the mixing. If they collude, they can know which mixing input is associated with a certain mixing output.

That's why Evan chose trusted members to do this.  And I doubt you could get any 2 to do this, and those 2, if found, would only be in on the same mixing what?  Oh shoot, I'm terrible at math.... well now, after 30+ years... Um... is it every 9th time?  So again, the more you mix, the better your security.

gusterdd

Activity: 220

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:58:13 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 12:12:51 AM by gusterdd

lol - that's his job:   @toknormal
We have broken resistance, back to 0.006  Cry Cry

I setted 0.0090~0.0091 buy order in bittrex.
Don't worry about DASH value, someone will buy coin from dumper.
Core team's early mined huge coin sould not sell in exchange market until being bitcoin's competing parter.
Under 0.0080 value I will buy DASH more and more. After jump LTC, please make DASH as powerful as bitcoin.
Someone buy DASH and add a masternode, Don't worry coin value, Relax. I will be your supporter.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:01:44 AM

They're not necessarily the only people mixing. The fact that mixing sometimes takes quite a long time came up, so there was a DGBB proposal to provide compensation for some trusted members of the community to operate as "liquidity providers". Apparently the next version of Dash will be anonymous by default, and also faster, but it was decided that it would take some time to implement and test the new system, so the incentives for liquidity providers could serve as a temporary solution to speed up the anonymisation process a little.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:04:58 AM

Leeloo, walls do you see?

We could easily revisit 6 for a restest. Then again, we could visit anywhere in between and keep bouncing back. There's been 2 retests of the 9 levels already in the last 6 weeks and this is the third.

The interesting thing is the volume. The 3-day volume's tapering away to nothing and each retest of the 9 level was on successively less volume. That could be good or could be bad - I won't make any predictions since it's be sure to go the other way if I'm too optimistic  Wink

Also, which market is selling and which is buying is a question that must be asked now w.r.t. Dash market analysis. Right now the currency market is selling and the reserve market's been buying. If the price drops further I'd imagine that trend might accelarate (i.e. more currency sector sellers than masternode sellers). On the other hand, if it jumps back up to 1, it looks like the masternode network population might level off where it is for now.

Interesting times ahead whichever way it goes. On economics. On technology. On commerce. Just sit tight - day trade if you feel brave - and see what happens.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 12:21:08 AM

I have no affiliation with Monero.

HAHAHA. So much for the "long haul" you disloyal little whore. Have you ever in your sad neckbearded life spoken to someone that actually took you seriously?
I see a bright future for XMR with fairweather-friends like you Grin
Oh, so AdamWhite is just a Monero troll who's also a liar. That makes sense.

If your posts were about or even mentioned Dash (now with 100% less "No Premine"), they would be on-topic.

But they don't, so they aren't.

Sorry about that.

Better luck next time.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 12:29:52 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 12:44:57 AM by moocowmoo

JoinMarket

I've not read the paper yet, but I haven't seen anything to make being a mixing node as expensive as a masternode (to thwart a Sybil attack)

The pdf ( https://www.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/fileadmin/papers/2015/2015-ziegeldorf-codaspy-coinparty.pdf ) covers the typical 'how many bad actors are required to de-anonymize mixes' (for their algorithm):

but a two minute skim didn't find anything about the requirements to be a mix node. (cost to participate)

Unless there is a mechanism in place to prevent spawning a million bad-guy-controlled nodes (that all play fair, but monitor traffic), it remains vulnerable to a Sybil attack.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 12:30:46 AM

Well as you know, things change quickly in crypto. I saw a good exit opportunity and i took it. I'm not a liar, those posts have been deleted. These fanatical DASHtards dug it up from who knows where...

Funny you're so quick to label me a liar, but EvanTheInstaminer can deceive everyone about the launch time, claim the instamine fraud was a "bug" (OOPS!) and you don't bat an eyelid.

Yup, obviously an accident  Roll Eyes

but But BUT BUT muh DUFF-SPLANATIONS!!1!

How many times must we cargo cultists Duff-splain how the instamine was an accident, and it all turned out for the best anyway?

Like Hillary's betrayal of our personnel in Libya (on the brink of the civil war her State Dept fomented), at this point "what difference" does the Instamine make?

It's Old News® and you should be more concerned with the latest shiny object (IE "Evolution") being presented to the cargo cult.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:38:27 AM

I was just wondering when the instamine would go 'geopolitical'.

It must be only a matter of time before it gets held responsible for the next war  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 [5294] 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: