Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:05:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 [5303] 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722674 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:47:19 AM

Cryptsy have returned 2,886 LTC that I had on them over a week ago, just 70 odd BTC to go which it now looks like will be forthcoming shortly, so with the DASH that I was previously able to withdrawal that will be all of my > $50,000 bid wall funds safely returned, many thanks for those who wished for a good outcome in this and a big GFY to the haters who can only try and find some small thrill in the possible misfortune of others, to them - all that you wish on others will one day come back to you and many times over, try and learn from it and be less (self) destructive going forward perhaps.
Great, well you half way there, and litecoin even went up a little in the process.
Did you have an explanation from Cryptsy for the delay, and would you use them again, or is that it terminal outski from the big vern fraternity?

This is what they sent me:

Hello Otoh,

I deeply apologize for the recent delays.

We have been undergoing major site upgrades, part of which is the verification systems. Some users who have verified
accounts have been affected with these delays.

I see that you have withdrawals pending and these should now process soon as we are nearing completion of our upgrade.

If you have not received your withdrawal, by Monday October 19, please reply to this ticket and let me know.

I plan to compensate you for the inconvenience by issuing you a free upgrade to pro account status which is also included in the upgrade and will go live also very soon.

Sincerely,
Jim  aka: JShock
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com

-------------------------------------------

& this:

Hello Otoh,

Your LTC withdrawal has processed, BTC withdrawal should move soon.
I had to cancel the XRP withdrawals, please try sending those again.

-----------------------------------

As to using them again, it is always good when an exchange recovers from adversity and makes everyone good again and as Tungfa said to me: Cryptsy is weird as they have always been, but eventually they always pull through (In my opinion with them).

So I expect that I will be using them again, their handing and communication of this outage could have been way better than it was, I expect it will be a long time now, if ever, that I feel confident enough to leave up that large an amount of bid walls there again though.

Edit: I didn't have any XRP or XRP withdrawals with them.

That is reassuring news, i'm glad you got that reply from them and i'm also glad you got your LTC funds back.
Here is hoping for a speedy return of those BTC funds to you...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:51:20 AM

What's the bitcoin rally about this time then ?

Keeps adding $10 a day.

Dash is proving very resistant to this rally and managing to ride the fiat wave for the most part. Almost no volume on the dips. Valuation tight-elastic.

(But I'd still like to know what's driving it: TA ? (1-week EMA crossover), Gemini ?, China safe-havens ? Public panic ? The media -throwing-in-the-towel-on-trying-to-convince-people-of-a-distinction-between-"blockchain-tech"-and-bitcoin ?.....add your favourite fundy.

this is what Coindesk has to say about it : http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-breaks-260-to-hit-two-month-high/

This week has seen a sudden surge in bitcoin trading volume, driven predominantly by the Chinese exchanges Huobi and OKCoin.

On Wednesday, 1.29m BTC was traded in total – the highest amount since 26th January. OKCoin accounted for 48% of this volume.

Bobby Lee, CEO of Chinese exchange BTCC, told CoinDesk his platform has seen a significant volume increase, though he dismissed much of his competitors' volume as "artificial".

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:12:20 AM

snip...

I2P?  

Ring signatures?

IP obfuscation (AKA masternode blinding)?

i believe I2P was scraped for a better idea or not needed after all. if evolution does not take care of it then it will get done but it's not a priority on my wish list.
btw monero will be replaced by zerocash soon, just thought i'd throw that out for no reason. Grin

ring sigs were replaced by a different idea (read the thread) without all the bloating monero suffers from which does not allow it to scale. the failure of monero to produce a official gui wallet has actually helped keep the already massive bloating down. fluffypony said the official gui will be ready soon, 2-3 months? 3-6 months? probably before zerocash makes monero obsolete. but by the time they get around to figuring out how to "significantly" prune the blockchain and implement it monero will be obsolete, replaced by zerocash. Cry

supposedly masternode blinding is being replaced with a better implementation in v13 evolution. waiting for the whitepaper.
it was put on hold last release to implement evans new idea of decentralized governance by blockchain. evan and the community decided to give that priority so we could fund more devs to work on our wish lists.

instamine! Kiss

The quoting out of context fallacy.. This is the remainder of his quote:
However, it is somewhat unworkable right now. Firstly, it has a trusted accumulator problem that remains unsolved at this stage (although they posit solving this through an RSA UFO). Even if that is solved there is still the very real danger of it being impossible to see exploits in an absolutely opaque blockchain with relatively new and untested cryptography (ie. an exploit that lets an attacker create, say, 2 000 000 ZeroCash in a single day will go unnoticed). Finally, even with their newer ZKP schemes there is still a significant size impact for each transaction, and absolutely no way you'd be able to run SPV-style wallets or perform blockchain pruning. Once the cryptography has been more thoroughly tested, corner cases have been solved, and technology is at a point where the size impact is negligible, then I would imagine some future iteration of ZeroCash will become the dominant form for cryptocurrency payments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/301r4e/crypto_primitive_shorter_than_current_monero_ring/cpow5jd

Also, somewhere else he said that he expects this to be in 10-20 years. So please stop with the quoting out of context. Furthermore, if it renders Bitcoin and Monero obsolete, it will render DASH obsolete as well.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:15:39 AM

question:

What % of the number of transactions are darksend transactions?

I want to know this, because fungibility depends on it... I learned that monero has mixing by default. What's more, mixing can be done client side (and even offline). So I want to know how DASH compares...

I mean, XMR tech seems to be solid, but DASh clearly has the first mover advantage and also offers other things like InstantX and a GUI. So for now I'll stick to DASh as long as the tech is usable and not flawed Smiley

I don't think the fungibility of Dash necessarily depends on which proportion of transactions are darksend transactions. The traceability of funds depends on the number of rounds of darksend mixing they go through. The more rounds of mixing, the more difficult it is to trace. If you receive funds which are then "blacklisted" you can always put the questionable funds through as many rounds of mixing as you want, then it will be impossible to say for sure that the funds that you hold are the blacklisted funds, as they will have passed through many different addresses in many different transactions.

One important difference between Dash and CryptoNote mixing is that with Dash it is done off chain by the Masternodes, as opposed to the on-chain mixing CryptoNote currencies use. I don't know enough about CryptoNote to go in to it in much detail, but I believe that while it may be impossible to trace transactions today, in the future the technology may exist to trace all mixing which has ever happened as it recorded in the blockchain.

All DASH transactions are engraved in the blockchain as well, so that doesn't really make a difference.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 11:48:15 AM by qwizzie

qwizzie's cryptogram puzzle round 3 (In Preparation Phase)
https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-1.6372/

Round 1 is won by toknormal
https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-1-finished.6372/#post-70263

Round 2 is won by calnaughtonjnr
(https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-2-finished.6372/#post-70362)

ETA Round 3 : 1 day and 6 hours

GMT +2

* to keep things official (and organised) pls post the solution on the dashtalk forum...
* will toknormal break his personal record of 20 minutes ?
* will calnaughtonjnr break his personal record of 18 minutes ?
* will stan.distortion melt his poor old wrinkled brain trying to solve it ?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:36:43 AM

Where is the confounded thing? The one on the bitcoin.com thread?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/dash-f67/qwizzie-s-cryptogram-puzzle-number-1-t1266.html?sid=d49a991b53c4202b50d7b395cfa6a9ed

It got a 103 views but none appearently know the answer .. give it a shot guys so i can put this one to rest
(and with it give Stan some peace of mind  Grin)

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:40:25 AM

From Russia with love:

First Dash Music Video!

Maximum repost, please! Let's get 1.000.000 views! Wink

To support my unofficial promotions, please donate DASH to: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq

come on ladies
1 more time
 Wink
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:46:09 AM

question:

What % of the number of transactions are darksend transactions?

I want to know this, because fungibility depends on it... I learned that monero has mixing by default. What's more, mixing can be done client side (and even offline). So I want to know how DASH compares...

I mean, XMR tech seems to be solid, but DASh clearly has the first mover advantage and also offers other things like InstantX and a GUI. So for now I'll stick to DASh as long as the tech is usable and not flawed Smiley

I don't think the fungibility of Dash necessarily depends on which proportion of transactions are darksend transactions. The traceability of funds depends on the number of rounds of darksend mixing they go through. The more rounds of mixing, the more difficult it is to trace. If you receive funds which are then "blacklisted" you can always put the questionable funds through as many rounds of mixing as you want, then it will be impossible to say for sure that the funds that you hold are the blacklisted funds, as they will have passed through many different addresses in many different transactions.

One important difference between Dash and CryptoNote mixing is that with Dash it is done off chain by the Masternodes, as opposed to the on-chain mixing CryptoNote currencies use. I don't know enough about CryptoNote to go in to it in much detail, but I believe that while it may be impossible to trace transactions today, in the future the technology may exist to trace all mixing which has ever happened as it recorded in the blockchain.

All DASH transactions are engraved in the blockchain as well, so that doesn't really make a difference.

Transactions yes, but the mixing (linking inputs to outputs) is not. i.e. simplest example 3 people (A, B, and C) are involved in the mixing, the inputs to the mixing transaction are a, b, and c respectively. They are coins they got from a KYC source, i.e. they are not anonymous coins. A mixing transaction is constructed that will have outputs to fresh new addresses d, e, and f. Now when the money in d is spent, there is nothing in the blockchain from which could be determined to whom (A, B, or C) the d belongs to.

In reality it's more complicated than that as there are multiple mixing rounds, multiple inputs and outputs, and multiple different people mixing.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:56:07 PM

Brainstorming..... thinking....

What function(s) - other than mining - could the GPU miners preform, for the DASH network?
Could they be reconfigured to preform, any other service(s), other than what services we currently have now?

What do you see as possibilities?
...if any.

I rather look at what our masternodes can do for the Dash network in the future

data-analysing :

lets take NASA for example, they receive tons and tons of data from all kind of space exploration programs and are struggling to analyse
them all in a timely matter. They are already asking the public to help out with their own personal computers, what could a 3300 number of active masternode
network do with regards to data-analyse ? Specially if those masternodes are currently only using a fraction of their capability (Bandwidth / CPU wise)

Encrypted private decentralised instant messaging system :

here the masternode network can be used to relay private decentralised instant messages, it can either serve as an internal anonymous decentralised server network
messaging system or somehow extend the messages outward where the masternode network is simply used as a tool

anyways, thats just my brainstorming session of today

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:18:31 PM

Brainstorming..... thinking....

What function(s) - other than mining - could the GPU miners preform, for the DASH network?
Could they be reconfigured to preform, any other service(s), other than what services we currently have now?

What do you see as possibilities?
...if any.

I rather look at what our masternodes can do for the Dash network in the future

data-analysing :

lets take NASA for example, they receive tons and tons of data from all kind of space exploration programs and are struggling to analyse
them all in a timely matter. They are already asking the public to help out with their own personal computers, what could a 3300 number of active masternode
network do with regards to data-analyse ? Specially if those masternodes are currently only using a fraction of their capability (Bandwidth / CPU wise)

Encrypted private decentralised instant messaging system :

here the masternode network can be used to relay private decentralised instant messages, it can either serve as an internal anonymous decentralised server network
messaging system or somehow extend the messages outward where the masternode network is simply used as a tool

anyways, thats just my brainstorming session of today

Shocked
maybe we can connect to curecoin  Cheesy
then share the curecoin exchange the coin to dash and share it to all MN holder evenly, this is awesome way to do mining with MN... LOL

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:55:55 PM

Zero Knowledge Transactions

I don't know how good the anonymity in Evolution is designed to be, and I don't know whether AnonyMint's design (not peer reviewed yet as far as I know) could be implemented in DASH considering the scalability improvements planned in Evolution (the only requirement is to be able to refer to UXTO for the inputs to the rings, so a balances only design wouldn't work*) but still figured to throw this here as DASH is the only coin with serious decentralized funding infrastructure in place for things like this:

If there is another coin that wants to try to raise donations and have this design be exclusively for this coin, then make a serious post in this thread how you plan to achieve that.

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:47:26 PM

Dash Evolution to be officially announced on the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami next January. Don't miss it!

http://btcmiami.com/speakers/

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-evolution-official-announcement-next-january-in-miami.6415/#post-70942
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:58:15 PM

Hello Otoh,

I deeply apologize for the recent delays....
...We have been undergoing major site upgrades, part of which is the verification systems. Some users who have verified
accounts have been affected with these delays.
I see that you have withdrawals pending and these should now process soon as we are nearing completion of our upgrade....

Sincerely,
Jim  aka: JShock
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com
-------------------------------------------
Hello Otoh,
Your LTC withdrawal has processed, BTC withdrawal should move soon.
I had to cancel the XRP withdrawals, please try sending those again.

-----------------------------------
As to using them again, it is always good when an exchange recovers from adversity and makes everyone good again and as Tungfa said to me: Cryptsy is weird as they have always been, but eventually they always pull through (In my opinion with them).

So I expect that I will be using them again, their handing and communication of this outage could have been way better than it was, I expect it will be a long time now, if ever, that I feel confident enough to leave up that large an amount of bid walls there again though.

Edit: I didn't have any XRP or XRP withdrawals with them.
Thats good news-sounds like you will get the btc, but they are sloppy, even with the XRP withdrawel that didn't exist  Roll Eyes
It kind of put a little damper on your Amsterdam excursion, but hey ho thats life, stick to the golden rule, do not store much at exchanges, eh.
Good luck with your travels, and perhaps we'll meet again one day when not expected  Smiley

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:08:53 PM

Oooh, 3 months... still, 50 pages is a lot of writin'

We already introduced some of the concepts of Evolution in Amsterdam, the videos of the presentation should come out soon.  Besides the presentations in Amsterdam we had meetings with people from the industry and they were really impressed with the work Dash is doing. As a result of those meetings the idea to give Dash Evolution a proper introduction to the world in the next North American Bitcoin conference came to fruition.

This is a very prestigious event with a history of high profile speakers so we are really looking forward to this keynote.

Everyone on the team is really excited about the project we just came back from Europe Thursday night so more material will be coming out over the next couple of weeks, as everyone gets up to speed.
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:25:43 PM

Roll Eyes

I don't get how someone can be so ignorant all time.  It borders on the sociopathic.

You know, it IS sociopathic, and why haven't you got him on ignore yet, BigR?  You're not doing your brain any good there!!!  Wink

Not to worry Ms. T.  I don't get worked up by either him or his other half.  :O
My god, you are boringly predictable... The roadmap changes all the time. It's called "prioritization". Also, as a developer gets into implementing something, new challenges may be discovered that cause the solution to the problems the roadmap is meant to address will often shift to a solution that is more practical, or only the most valuable pieces will get implemented for now. With limited time and resources (which literally all organizations on Earth have), a good leader is willing to change course to implement something with more benefit vs. the amount of resources it would take. InstantX wasn't even an idea when Evan wrote those things. I remember the discussions at the time about what to pursue next and after figuring out the time commitment needed for i2p (which wouldn't be all that revolutionary anyway) vs. InstantX (which would be taking crypto in a whole new direction), we completely changed the roadmap. The decision wasn't made in isolation either... he consulted many trusted members of the community first while still keeping the idea secret. I for one thought that it was a good call. You can disagree if you want, but to hold Evan to a standard that everything ever on the roadmap will be implemented is not only unrealistic, it's actually not desirable.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:49:06 PM

My god, you are boringly predictable... The roadmap changes all the time. It's called "prioritization". Also, as a developer gets into implementing something, new challenges may be discovered that cause the solution to the problems the roadmap is meant to address will often shift to a solution that is more practical, or only the most valuable pieces will get implemented for now. With limited time and resources (which literally all organizations on Earth have), a good leader is willing to change course to implement something with more benefit vs. the amount of resources it would take. InstantX wasn't even an idea when Evan wrote those things. I remember the discussions at the time about what to pursue next and after figuring out the time commitment needed for i2p (which wouldn't be all that revolutionary anyway) vs. InstantX (which would be taking crypto in a whole new direction), we completely changed the roadmap. The decision wasn't made in isolation either... he consulted many trusted members of the community first while still keeping the idea secret. I for one thought that it was a good call. You can disagree if you want, but to hold Evan to a standard that everything ever on the roadmap will be implemented is not only unrealistic, it's actually not desirable.

I'm not sure how people like icebreaker and adam white work....just like I don't know the mindset of radicals in the middle east.  And its painfully obvious that both these parties will never change their mindset.  Both radical and sociopathic.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:08:27 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 05:21:52 PM by qwizzie

I'm not sure how people like icebreaker and adam white work....just like I don't know the mindset of radicals in the middle east.  And its painfully obvious that both these parties will never change their mindset.  Both radical and sociopathic.

Just copy & pasting some FUD over and over again with just one press of a button hardly qualifies as "work" for these two... which does make me wonder if they are not
getting terribly overpaid by now?  Undecided

To the one paying iCEBREAKER & AdamWhite to troll here : please consider cutting their troll fees to create some work motivation, they are delivering sloppy work lately and
seem to be in the middle of a burn-out.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:26:48 PM

and the rise in number of active masternodes continues : https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:25:07 PM

We already introduced some of the concepts of Evolution in Amsterdam, the videos of the presentation should come out soon.  Besides the presentations in Amsterdam we had meetings with people from the industry and they were really impressed with the work Dash is doing. As a result of those meetings the idea to give Dash Evolution a proper introduction to the world in the next North American Bitcoin conference came to fruition.

This is a very prestigious event with a history of high profile speakers so we are really looking forward to this keynote.

Everyone on the team is really excited about the project we just came back from Europe Thursday night so more material will be coming out over the next couple of weeks, as everyone gets up to speed.

Exciting time coming.
Thumbs up to all of the team.

January... Oh, for the second birthday of Dash!
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:56:23 PM

We already introduced some of the concepts of Evolution in Amsterdam, the videos of the presentation should come out soon.  Besides the presentations in Amsterdam we had meetings with people from the industry and they were really impressed with the work Dash is doing. As a result of those meetings the idea to give Dash Evolution a proper introduction to the world in the next North American Bitcoin conference came to fruition.

I would just like to remind everybody that this conference is where Ethereum was announced two years ago. Vitalik was literally mobbed after giving his speech, and the interest in the project soared so much that they cancelled the impending presale so they could "do it right" given the huge amount of interest he generated.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Pages: « 1 ... 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 [5303] 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: