Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 [5308] 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:31:02 PM

https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-3.6372/

Round 3 is a go !!

* to keep things official (and organised) pls post the solution on the dashtalk forum...
* will toknormal break his personal record of 20 minutes ?
* will calnaughtonjnr break his personal record of 18 minutes ?
* will stan.distortion melt his poor old wrinkled brain trying to solve it ?
* will qwizzie finally come up with a puzzle nobody can solve ?

I will be very impressed if anyone solves this one under 20 minutes...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:41:01 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 05:57:18 PM by qwizzie

https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-3.6372/

Round 3 is a go !!

* to keep things official (and organised) pls post the solution on the dashtalk forum...
* will toknormal break his personal record of 20 minutes ?
* will calnaughtonjnr break his personal record of 18 minutes ?
* will stan.distortion melt his poor old wrinkled brain trying to solve it ?
* will qwizzie finally come up with a puzzle nobody can solve ?

I will be very impressed if anyone solves this one under 20 minutes...

and boy am i impressed !! winner calnaughtonjnr
congratz

https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-3.6372/#post-71062

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:19:30 PM

Hi,
I've produced the unofficial interpretation of our official «What is Dash?» video.

First Dash Music Video!

Maximum repost, please! Let's get 1.000.000 views! Wink

To support my unofficial promotions, please donate DASH to: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq

Monero have got you for advertising and we have this.

so... You guys have pretty ladies and we have real decent working technology that is appreciated by several well known reputable people
If you want snake oil covered girls, great. Go for it.
We have decent tech, no girls. I can live with that.

The point I was making, it is going to take more than one guy handing out leaflets at someone else's presentation to market a product.

No matter how good your tech is (debatable), do you think Joe Public are really interested in the highly technical stuff behind the scenes, perhaps handing out leaflets with Monero source code at a another gate crashed meeting would be considered a hi-end marketing approach, you can of course expect people to fall over in swathes of adoration because your code is just soo good, it will even make guys faint at the merest glimpse, its that good in fact that no real marketing at all is required, zip.

I have an idea, you could perhaps hack the wifi projector at this meeting?
http://btcmiami.com/speakers/

You do realise that any spam you manage to push into people's faces will be out of date by the time you get it together, yes?

I admit one thing about you guys that is more anonymous, and that is your team, apart from the marketing guru (i.e. you),
nobody knows anyone else, do you think everyone can remain anonymous and still get the whole world to use Monero?

Just because Satoshi managed anonymous does not mean others can follow suit, almost all of the successful coins have known developers, exactly who is it you have again, Smooth or Smoothie, fluffypony?

At some point if you want to market your coin, it will take more than gate crashing/trolling/faking other peoples meetings/threads/personal space with cheap flyers to get your cultish agenda across, what is it you have planned again to help sell your 'product' ??

have a nice day,

Sub-Ether.

P.S. hope to see you again at the next meeting, please don't disappoint.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 06:21:41 PM

Dash is a company. Or more accurately, a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation and its the first of its kind Cool

DAO is a sci-fi buzzword.  Saying it doesn't make Dash stop being centralized.

Buzzwords and blue-sky projects aside, Dash is the opposite of decentralized.

Cite: https://docs.google.com/document/d/143Uwls4ZZrN7pS7bWfjk03i90TWskjy8scNB2U0HOoo/

That is why vertoe said "fuck this" and stopped being a Darkcoin core dev.

Cite:
i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following.

this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal.

fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing.

the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers!

the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year.

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized
and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

Bus Factor of 1?  Centralization confirmed!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Sub-Ether

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

How do I order something not on the standard menu?  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Department of

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:45:15 PM

There are a few threads going on over at r/Bitcoin about incentivizing nodes that might be of interest to people here.  Dash has been mentioned in both of them.
BitWater

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:10:31 PM

I wonder what Vertoe thinks now with decentralized governance being established? The foundation was put in place way before that was ever in our vocabulary.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:48:56 PM

Good one!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 08:54:56 PM

Yes, the Quiz spam is out of control.

If you have to bribe people with giveaways to use Dashtalk, it probably sucks.

Giveaway threads are not allowed, so posts advertising those on another forum should be moderated.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:02:08 PM

Demented bagholders of encrypted bookkeeping balances that they thought was money - who come here begging us to lighten their bags for them - are pretty "out of control" as well.
alt19

Activity: 328

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:11:56 PM

estimated Dash inflation or total supply over the next 10 years?

thanks
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:25:08 PM

Hello new ATH number of active masternodes : https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html

Sub-Ether

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:29:27 PM

There are a few threads going on over at r/Bitcoin about incentivizing nodes that might be of interest to people here.  Dash has been mentioned in both of them.
Thanks for the info.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p84us/to_node_or_not_to_node_exploring_incentives_to/
and
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p5n9c/number_of_bitcoin_nodes_is_at_a_6_year_low_if_you/

'The other problem is that it's not easy to set a bandwidth rate limit.
I believe that more people would run nodes if the Bitcoin client just ran unobtrusively and reliably in the background, consuming no more than about 100GB of bandwidth per month by default. '

BitWater

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:56:23 PM

Maybe its a good idea to stop using the Monero Guy meme...

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 10:59:19 PM

Dash is a company. Or more accurately, a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation and its the first of its kind Cool

DAO is a sci-fi buzzword.  Saying it doesn't make Dash stop being centralized.

Buzzwords and blue-sky projects aside, Dash is the opposite of decentralized.

Cite: https://docs.google.com/document/d/143Uwls4ZZrN7pS7bWfjk03i90TWskjy8scNB2U0HOoo/

That is why vertoe said "fuck this" and stopped being a Darkcoin core dev.

Cite:
i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following.

this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal.

fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing.

the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers!

the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year.

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized
and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

Bus Factor of 1?  Centralization confirmed!

Do you have Dash or have any interest in becoming involved? Do you have any holdings that could be considered a competitor to Dash, similar features such as anonymity for example?

If vertoe doesn't have any interest in being involved, why should I (or anyone else besides "golden donkey" chasers)?

I don't care about Dash's fake anonymity and only hlod coins with mathmatically proven privacy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 11:02:14 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 11:15:14 PM by Macrochip

I’ve seen a number of people suggest that node operators should receive a cut of mining fees, but the fundamental problem is for a node to be able to prove that it is a real node that hosts the blockchain. Because it’s easy to fake nodes — take the Pseudonode project, for example

This is interesting. Is the collateral enough to prevent the creation of fake DASH nodes? Or would it be possible to activate several nodes with the same 1000 DASH due to the requirement delays? Do Masternodes additionally score each other to prevent this?

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 11:08:08 PM

again guys, look in the mirror. This was the guy taking my picture (without me giving permission to publish it):

dutchn0mad

Even if you could prove* it was this guy who took your picture: Don't know, don't care.
He's not out there smearing and slandering another project during its own gig like you did. Your nicknames not only reflect your physique but much more your behaviour, poor character and weak personality.

So enjoy your legacy:

*which you haven't in the slightest, for all I care this could be a random large guy you cherry picked from the crowd in a lame attempt of deflection

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:01:47 AM

hey folks,

i download 12.55 from dashpay.io and after dashd -getinfo it says i have got 12.45

wtf is wrong?!
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 12:07:04 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!

Oh my god,  now your really reaching for straws. Your making your self look like a putts.  vertoe has his/her own shit to deal with on some other matters before you bounce that as some meaningful moral or ethical measuring stick.

And here's the deal... Once and for all.... Break the code,  prove that's it's a fake anonymity.  Until you or any other arm chair coder moral crusader can prove otherwise... Your a liar!  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:15:22 AM

dash-cli getinfo

Pages: « 1 ... 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 [5308] 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: