Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:50:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 [5309] 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722674 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:20:19 AM

?? This one:
https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.12.0.55-linux64.tar.gz

Will give it a try and see what I get, downloading it now.

yeah this one
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:30:23 AM

?? This one:

yeah this one

Idk, tried extracting it somewhere else? I know it overwrites the directory so maybe there's something in there with permissions changed but never had any issue before here :/

yes i tried. same outcome.

i usually just switch dashd and dash-cli, but that shouldnt cause an issue, right?
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:36:41 AM

?? This one:

yeah this one

Idk, tried extracting it somewhere else? I know it overwrites the directory so maybe there's something in there with permissions changed but never had any issue before here :/

i usually just switch dashd and dash-cli, but that shouldnt cause an issue, right?

Not as far as I know, I used to do the same but usually just extract it and let it overwrite the existing folder since about when v12 came in. Tried moo on dashtalk? Think he's on at the mo.

no, not yet. its late and i will have to try further tomorrow. let me know if you had any issues.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 01:42:25 AM

?? This one:

yeah this one

make sure:
- daemon actually stopped before switching them: "dash-cli stop" and wait few seconds before switching
- you moved both executables (dashd and dash-cli) to the same place as always (i.e. /usr/local/bin/ for example)
- you have no autostart script enabled that could start daemon before you replaced it

finally run "dashd --help" to get info about version without actually running the daemon and confirm that version match the one you expected
if it still doesn't match try "which dashd" and make sure output match expected path

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:47:48 AM

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

This is great reading material for all those who are new to DASH. Learn from someone who spent a lot of time here and liked DASH before becoming educated about the entire situation. Learn from the mistakes of others, or ignore their wisdom and learn on your own. The former option is less expensive.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:52:09 AM

The tar by default don't overwrite.
As the directory name don't change anymore...

You should have Some directories with .1, .2, ..., at the end.. No? And the .55 should be there.

Edit : Hmmm not so sure finally.

Show us all the steps you are doing. With some ls -ltr whrer you are downloading and detaring it.
Department of

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:13:19 AM

There are a few threads going on over at r/Bitcoin about incentivizing nodes that might be of interest to people here.  Dash has been mentioned in both of them.
Thanks for the info.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p84us/to_node_or_not_to_node_exploring_incentives_to/
and
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p5n9c/number_of_bitcoin_nodes_is_at_a_6_year_low_if_you/

'The other problem is that it's not easy to set a bandwidth rate limit.
I believe that more people would run nodes if the Bitcoin client just ran unobtrusively and reliably in the background, consuming no more than about 100GB of bandwidth per month by default. '

Thanks for linking.  This one is on the front page of r/Bitcoin as well.  People are trying to figure out answers to problems that Dash has already solved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p7cyb/why_dont_you_incentivize_full_nodes/
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 04:07:17 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 04:43:22 AM by moocowmoo

?? This one:

yeah this one

Not as far as I know, I used to do the same but usually just extract it and let it overwrite the existing folder since about when v12 came in. Tried moo on dashtalk? Think he's on at the mo.

no, not yet. its late and i will have to try further tomorrow. let me know if you had any issues.

what udjinm6 said.

First, check your binaries:

Code:
$ ./dashd --version
Dash Core Daemon version v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa
Copyright (C) 2009-2015 The Bitcoin Core Developers

Copyright (C) 2014-2015 The Dash Core Developers

This is experimental software.

Distributed under the MIT software license, see the accompanying file COPYING
or <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php>.

This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the
OpenSSL Toolkit <https://www.openssl.org/> and cryptographic software written
by Eric Young and UPnP software written by Thomas Bernard.
Code:
$ ./dash-cli --version
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa

Next, scan your harddrive for any lingering old versions:
(you could combine these, but is easier to follow if you do one at a time)

scan for all the dash-cli's
(first line will be the path to the executable
next  line will be that executable's version)
Code:
$ find / -name dash-cli -print -exec {} --version \; 2>/dev/null
/home/ubuntu/.dash/dash-cli
Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa

scan for all the dashd's
Code:
$ find / -name dashd -print -exec {} --version \; 2>/dev/null
/home/ubuntu/.dash/dashd
Dash Core Daemon version v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa
Copyright (C) 2009-2015 The Bitcoin Core Developers

Copyright (C) 2014-2015 The Dash Core Developers

This is experimental software.

Distributed under the MIT software license, see the accompanying file COPYING
or <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php>.

This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the
OpenSSL Toolkit <https://www.openssl.org/> and cryptographic software written
by Eric Young and UPnP software written by Thomas Bernard.

(remove any old versions you find)

Third, stop/kill the running process that is the old version (now that you've made sure that all the old versions are no longer on disk.)

Code:
$ dash-cli stop ; sleep 10 ; killall -9 dashd dash-shutoff

Finally, start up your newest version.

Code:
$ ./dashd

shameless plug:
I highly recommend using my utility dashman, it'll save you lots of time and headaches.
Just put your dashd and dash-cli in your .dash folder then do:

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman.git
$ cd dashman
$ ./dashman update
(you only have to do the clone once)

Then you'll see something like this: (old screencap, but you get the point)

Once you've placed dashd and dash-cli in ~/.dash, run this command once to allow you to type 'dash-cli' from any folder:

Code:
echo 'export PATH=~/.dash:$PATH' >> ~/.bashrc

(logout/login for the above to take effect)

HTH!

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:11:33 AM

3320 MNs new ATH - congrats. Keeps going upppp

56.2% of all Dash in existence are housed in Masternodes!

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:46:34 AM

hey folks,

i download 12.55 from dashpay.io and after dashd -getinfo it says i have got 12.45

wtf is wrong?!
I can almost bet that you had old tar of v45 which you didn'r removed. Now after downloading v55 your old tar is not overwriten and has name*.1 so you extract the deamon from the old tar.
ls first and see if you do not have already tar in existence Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 09:12:00 AM

Automatic restart of crashed or hung masternodes

Dashwhale updater is a script, you install on the server you run your masternode. It collects the version and the blockheight of your masternode and checks, if your masternode is operating correctly. The data is pushed to the Dashwhale server, so you have comfortable access to your masternode data via the Dashwhale website and mobile apps.

All data is interpretated and in case your masternode is determined to be unfunctional for at least 10 minutes, it is automatically restarted. In addition, you are notified by email, mobile push notification or slack. Automatic restart makes sure your masternode does not drop of the payment list and you don't miss payments.

Download lastest Dashwhale updater supporting automatic restarts here:

https://www.dashwhale.org/downloads/dashwhale-updater-v4.tgz

Best,
Rango

P.S. Dashwhale updater supports multiple masternodes. Check out the example config:

Code:
our %masternodes = (
   'Xuia3V5v51AFTjYNtz6tpu9YrKYoWc9Ruz' => {
     'rpc_host'         => 'localhost',
     'rpc_port'         => 9998,
     'rpc_user'         => 'masternode1',
     'rpc_password'       => '123password',
     'daemon_autorestart'   => 'disabled',
     'daemon_binary'       => '/usr/bin/dashd',
     'daemon_datadir'     => '/root/.dash'
   },
   'Xo1cwpFNHff5Nj12qWWXhCDyv5fPCdGZNR' => {
     'rpc_host'         => 'localhost',
     'rpc_port'         => 9998,
     'rpc_user'         => 'masternode2',
     'rpc_password'       => '123password',
     'daemon_autorestart'   => 'disabled',
     'daemon_binary'       => '/usr/bin/dashd',
     'daemon_datadir'     => '/root/.dash'
   }
);
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:17:14 PM

"See you in Miami"
Tx to @alex-ru Productions:

https://youtu.be/sAOe7m320Uc

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:22:03 PM

Impressions from Bitcoin Wednesday on 7 October 2015
(no video yet  Undecided)

http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/impressions-from-bitcoin-wednesday-7-october-2015/
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:35:31 PM

I'm impressed with Moneros PR tbh, (not with regards to competitors, that frankly disgusts me) you see it everywhere, sigs, articles, general exposure is very good and that's a key thing for alts, you could have the best coin out there but if no one knows about it then its unlikely to make any ground.

It's not really PR. It's just because XMR has a large vocal community. Sometimes people say the community can be arrogant and noisy. I get that. But it's not PR in the commercial sense because there are simply no funds for things like that. There was no premine or instamine so everything had to be built by the community. That's the beauty of Monero.

I don't mind Dash though - yeah so it's got a instamine - I'm not bothered about that. What bothers me is the lack of community that occured following the rebrand - it has annhiliated confidence in investors and everytime someone like Peter Todd speaks out about it, it's almost like the community declines even more.

But I'd like both coins to succeed ideally.

I pretty much feel the same in a better the devil you know kind of way, isn't that why Billyboy bailed out Apple? Competition improves the breed but too much of it and it's a rat race.

I'd raised my little voice against the rebrand too, I really didn't want to be swimming in the financial sectors waters and felt they'd distance themselves from a name like that but if that's where the folks that've got it this far wanted to go next then I'm behind it, the principles haven't changed, Dash picks up where Bitcoin dropped the ball and addresses all the problems that've cropped up with Bitcoins evolution.

Shame to have lost some folks with that though, I've no doubt the current development team is more than up to the job but it'd be great to have more folks with sound principles behind it. Maybe they'll get onboard again once the budgeting system gets established as it's pretty much infallible. Maybe the folks getting into Dash since the rebrand will want to go in a slightly different direction to the folks that left but I think everyone wants a fast and efficient means of transferring value without complications and having a solid budgeting system for advancement built into the core is a hell of a foundation to build on.

So, there's no need for an instamine that never happened Wink

First issue... so you deleted your posts showing your "one-time" association with XMR, then claim that you aren't associated with XMR (conveniently fail to mention the fact that you were once), and then claim not to be a liar?
a) Why would you delete old posts?
b) Lying by omission is still lying... you are therefore a liar

Second issue... I've pointed out many times, that it doesn't matter to me whether the high emission rate was planned or not. My head is not "in the sand". I wouldn't invest in any stock that didn't have properly motivated management, and the same is true of cryptocurrencies, and I would recommend the same to anyone looking to invest in the space. I LIKE Dash precisely because Evan and the rest of the team is properly incentivized as significant "shareholders". Even if you assume the emission rate was planned, that fact remains true... Evan is highly financially motivated to deliver (as he should be). I wouldn't invest in any coin for which the core developer didn't have this motivation and neither should you. So your attempts to try to convince me that it was planned miss the point... I simply don't care and neither does anyone who's got serious money to invest in this space.

Your final point... PROOF that it was planned by showing me that after 5:55am, Evan had accumulated a whopping 5,000 Dash? That was 10 blocks by 8 hours into the life of the coin, or 10 of the 1750 that had been created by that time. Oh, yeah... clearly Evan had a giant mining rig ready to go to get less than 0.6% of the block rewards. Looks like you have your smoking gun! Haha!!!

Let's do some simple math, shall we? Let's assume that Evan was the ONLY miner for the first 500 blocks (that's the worst case scenario... you can't assume he mined more than 100%). If we simply determine the network hash rate for the first 100 blocks (using the networkhashps command in the Dash wallet), you can see that there was only 12.6kh/s... this is clearly one (very weak) CPU and the first 100 blocks were mined in a few minutes... it probably took some time to add the other machines he and his friends had at the ready. But from blocks 100-500 the average jumps to 711.2kh/s and appears pretty steady that whole time. Let's assume that this 711.2kh/s is Evan and his friends. They would have gotten about 245,000 of the first 250,000 coins mined (through block 500).

By block 500, things start to change. A few others are clearly joining them by this point, but assuming the 711 of the 895 kh/s were theirs from block 500-600, then they still got 79% of those blocks too (worth about 40,000 Dash). If you repeat this process to figure out the share of each block of 100 they got, you get something like the following:

EDIT: The coin start and coin finish are the beginning total coins in circulation and ending coins in circulation for each set of 100 blocks... so the difference is how many were created for each 100 block section... multiply that by the dev's share and you can see where I get the numbers from.

http://imgur.com/Se5USkw

Each row represents 100 blocks. As you can see, by about block 1,000, the hashrate was up dramatically... this is consistent with posts on BTC of many other miners saying they were up and running. There are a couple of points at which network hash drops, consistent with the fact that a couple of bug fixes went out which probably caused Evan and other miners to stop mining for a brief time to update. By block 2300, Evan and Co's share was probably less than 1% of the network hash rate, by which time these estimates would put them at about 511k coins. After that, there is little chance they got a decent share... maybe another 6,000 coins for the next 1,000 blocks, but basically the party was over by then, so to speak. So if you assume they got about 518k coins by the time they were consistently getting less than 1% of the coins, that represents less than 8.8% of the current number of coins in circulation... which is very consistent with the statements from Evan that "all of the founders" hold less than 10% of the current supply combined.

These assumptions are generous to the "instamine" haters for several reasons:

1) It assumes that Evan was the ONLY miner for the first 500 blocks, which we know isn't true. There was at least one other developer at that time, I believe a friend of Evan's, but I'm not sure... so the "instamine" would have been split at least between two people
2) It assumes no one else was mining for the first 500 blocks (which may be the case... we'll never know, but I make this assumption in the interests of being conservative)
3) It assumes that Evan and Co had absolutely no down time for updating their miners, which is impossible... any downtime would reduce these assumptions
4) It assumes that once huge amounts of mining power joined beginning at block 500 that Evan didn't start experiencing an elevated level of rejects... this is unlikely as well since blocks were being created so rapidly at that time - literally seconds apart on average - that he and many others reported rejects, getting on wrong chains, having to reset, etc. Evan would have no way to be immune to these issues caused by the rapid creation of the blocks and network latency, so the true "networkhashps" is clearly understated during that period because many blocks were rejected and not counted.
5) It assumes that he never sold any Dash

Based on the data, I see no reason to disbelieve Evan and the stated amount of coin that he has. In fact, the data seems to support everything he's said.

So yes, you are a liar and Evan is truthful.

Seems you guys know absolutely nothing about mining,

It was instamined with AWS and Azure Cloudhosting mashines you can spin up within a few minutes after you cloned the first machine; Also you have no idea how the difficulty calculation (read -> ESTIMATION) works or you woulnd´t make such dumb arguments.

cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:37:36 PM

It's just because XMR has a large vocal community.

I don't know where you get that idea from.

Sure, they are vocal in terms of spiteful rebutals and petty technical factoid wars while never addressing the fundamental priorities of money.

Apart from that. the XMR [ANN] thread and speculation threads combined don't even have a couple of thousand posts between them over the space of a year and a half.

The entire getmonero community section has 1200 odd posts across all subjects. Dash's community pages have upwards of 64000. Based on those statistics, nobody is interested in that currency. Nobody's even talking about it with any serious aspiration to adoption. You're lucky if you can find 20 reachable nodes up at any given time in the whole of north America. It's a hobby pastime for a few coders.

Despite that its proponents pop up here there and everywhere righteously lecturing people on everything from crypto-ethics to community policing. That's the 'omni-prescence' your noticing - not any kind of industrial dialog.

The real truth is that both coins have strong communities and equally strong prospects. Unfortunately, they are both unncessarily paranoid of one another, thus causing conflict.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:42:06 PM

Also, the no GUI is merely because the devs choose for a different path

It's more relevantly because Cryptonote tech is not compatible with the bitcoin-ecosystem. They devs didn't "choose for a different path" out of its relevant merit, they were forced down that path due to lack of technical resources.

That may have seemed a sensible decision back when the alt-wars were still attempting to challenge bitcoin's crown, but we're a world away from that today. The technical landscape and commercial interface has been established for the seeable future and cryptonote isn't it. Thats the real reason for the dearth of progress in that sector.

You're kind of distorting the purpose of my comment here. My comment was pointed at that the devs were actually on track to release a GUI somewhere in September/October 2014, but changed their path due to the attack and realized a different path would probably be more beneficial in the long run. Anyway, I agree with you that a few disadvantages are inherent to the different codebase. However, inherent to the different codebase also come a few advantages. It's probably too difficult to determine currently if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but I guess we'll observe that in the future. In addition, devs are actually planning to make Monero somewhat compatible with Bitcoin, see design goals -> https://getmonero.org/design-goals/ (merchant additions).

Perhaps the purpose of Monero isn't even to challange bitcoin's crown?

We know, we know... It is presented HERE all days all the time... Even our pets know everything about MONERO :-(
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:44:51 PM

It's just because XMR has a large vocal community.

I don't know where you get that idea from.

Sure, they are vocal in terms of spiteful rebutals and petty technical factoid wars while never addressing the fundamental priorities of money.

Apart from that. the XMR [ANN] thread and speculation threads combined don't even have a couple of thousand posts between them over the space of a year and a half.

The entire getmonero community section has 1200 odd posts across all subjects. Dash's community pages have upwards of 64000. Based on those statistics, nobody is interested in that currency. Nobody's even talking about it with any serious aspiration to adoption. You're lucky if you can find 20 reachable nodes up at any given time in the whole of north America. It's a hobby pastime for a few coders.

Despite that its proponents pop up here there and everywhere righteously lecturing people on everything from crypto-ethics to community policing. That's the 'omni-prescence' your noticing - not any kind of industrial dialog.

The real truth is that both coins have strong communities and equally strong prospects. Unfortunately, they are both unncessarily paranoid of one another, thus causing conflict.

Exept Monero comunity is posting HERE all day long and visiting ( ugly way ) DASH conferencies...
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:57:53 PM

Is there an Evan Dufflebag post for how the new Dash, which I assume is some kind of deterministic node conversion is supposed to work...

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:03:15 PM

It was instamined with AWS and Azure Cloudhosting mashines you can spin up within a few minutes after you cloned the first machine; Also you have no idea how the difficulty calculation (read -> ESTIMATION) works or you woulnd´t make such dumb arguments.

It's pretty simple, you just can't make the argument that there were hunderds of miners with the evidence currently provided. Different IP's doesn't necessarily mean different people and different bitcointalk accounts could simply be sockpuppets. However, you also can't make the assumption that Evan (and friends) were the only miners on aformentioned evidence. It's just a situation where it's kind of difficult to obtain the truth. Like othe said, someone checked the IP's that were provided and it were mainly AWS and Azure cloudhosting IPs.

You'll probably never know how many hashrate Evan (and friends) had, only if he honestly states it publicly (e.g. signing his addresses from back in the day).

@stan.distortion: I'll comment later on your comment, got to go now.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Shunak

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:06:53 PM

I made a small overview. Dark vs Bitcoin. I already included InstantX!

Let me know what you think.

This image should be update  Wink
block size, number of tx... etc
Pages: « 1 ... 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 [5309] 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: