Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 [5463] 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722564 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:51:46 PM

Empty promises:

So now any coin can implement CoinJoin and claim to be the new DarkCoin?

This is just one aspect being developed:

Improvements over this mixing solution are due to include the following features:

* Master Nodes These nodes handle the mixing through random selection -
They are responsible for being the authority of what goes into the joined transaction each session.
eduffield, 21 February 2014 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5282966#msg5282966

* I2P:
I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.
eduffield, 10 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6643662#msg6643662

* Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2.
I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.
eduffield, 12 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6686819#msg6686819

*IP obfuscation 12 May 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6694377#msg6694377

Fundamentals, gotta have those fundamentals  Wink

The thing is that he promises a lot and doesn't deliver.

Aha? Tell me only ONE example please.

Only thing a can rembember that isn't ready today is Two-factor authentication, but that has no priority.

Two-factor authentication is the only one pille can remember Sad In addition to the 4 in the previous post, what happened to Masternode blinding? github link below goes 404. Blinding was never implemented despite being "working", and despite Evan's promises that it was only being delayed due to mobile wallets

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

The new masternode blinding system is SO impressive he couldn't figure out how to implement it  Sad

Instead, Evan decided to tell everyone Masternode blinding is delayed due to excuses, then never speak about it again.

#FAIL
#LIES

From the outside looking in it appears that Evan does the following:

1. realizes that anonymity is the hot topic .......BETTER DEVELOP ANONYMOUS CODE!

2. anonymity dies down as a hot topic...make some excuse not to finish it fully

3. speed is now the current hot topic.... BETTER DEVELOP FAST TRANSACTION CODE

4. speed dies down as a hot topic..make some excuse not to finish it fully

5. scalability is the hot topic (given bitcoin's block size issue)...... BETTER DEVELOP SCALABLE CODE!

You can guess what is the next step...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:06:11 AM

For the sake of closure - every story needs an ending.     Smiley

My BTC client has now synced up after two hours, 27 minutes (started two weeks out of sync), very much slower than the DASH client, as expected.

CPU usage had peak bursts around 60% on a core i7, but was generally not bad. Download demand swamped my rural broadband capacity after about the first half hour, knocking several antminers offline. Disk usage seemed fairly steady at almost half a Gig(!) according to Task Manager - I'm not sure whether to believe that figure.

What several of us are reporting (I think) is that the BTC client has become very weak when it has to catch up. It is well-behaved once it is in sync, but it has become tempting to leave any BTC wallet "hot" or to stop using it altogether. Ouch!

I agree that this performance hit seemed to start at about the time of the "stress tests" (and the intense blocksize debate) but I have no opinions on actual causality - lots of variables in play. Anyway, BTC has a serious problem atm and DASH appears not to share it.

It is a bit of a lop-sided argument to claim that bitcoin's client/wallet syncs slower than Dash's.

The bitcoin transactional volume is probably 100 times bigger than Dash. For two weeks that's quite a bit of data to download.

What kind of data connection are you on?

Comparing the two are almost pointless as the amount of transactional volume Dash has is much smaller than Bitcoin collectively.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:06:51 AM

why they didn't deliver? why empty promises?

and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

who's "they" ....the RATS who can't even code...but can spam this this thread like there's no tomorrow.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:08:03 AM

Do we really have to keep this thread open?  Can't we cut the umbilical yet?  BCT is the biggest drag and full of the worst people online, seriously. 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:13:46 AM

Everybody is waiting for DASH-"bottom" and is guessing that they are the luckyest who able to catch it.  Grin

Or it can simply continue to drop.. like hundreds of other scam coins

The market doesn't like instamine fraud and will price this coin accordingly.

Dash Sad

The market doesn't like fraud haha.. you have no idea what your talking about crypto is spoofing and front running heaven and that is fraud!!
Dash has been around for years and not going anywhere but up long term, maybe if your coin devs put in the work with a long grind maybe you can make it too, wouldnt hold your breath tho lol

Wrong. Dash has been around for 1 year and 11 months.

Get your facts straight.

Also what coin are you talking about? I see no mention of any other coin.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:20:00 AM

Do we really have to keep this thread open?  Can't we cut the umbilical yet?  BCT is the biggest drag and full of the worst people online, seriously.  

Keep calm Tante, they are here for a reason. You see anyone trolling Monero threads? The reason is no one is interested in Monero.

They are wasting their time here because they are nervous (trolling is a form of flattery) We are winning the alt game and they know it.
Let they show to the entire Bitcoin community how desperate trolleros are now.

And just enjoy the Evolution ride  Wink
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:24:00 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 09:59:58 PM by mprep

This guy is a #FAIL for grasping at glass straws and coming to events with home made stapled brochures he printed using his parents ink jet.... That's #FAILING right there.  You keep hanging on to ur shit coin buddy... We'll see you in the spring and see how that's working out for you.   Roll Eyes

You would think that Risto would be embarrassed that he is backing these clowns to run a negative DASH campaign.  

Obviously not, Risto is that delusional these days that he thinks he is some behind the scene crypto godfather come crypto jesus.

Just epic failure dnaleor.  How is the plan for the silent DASH protest at Miami going?  You going so you can stand up and turn your back on Evan and the team?

Please provide proof of your claims in bold.

Thanks

And his retort was "you obviously aren't invested in the coin...."   funny

Wrong. That was a side note. His actual retort was the simple truth: That no one gives a flying fuck except the Flying Dutchmad himself and his few Moronero-driven friends with a pathetic agenda to push the non-competition Trollero.

"No one" meaning no one in the clan of Dash supporters that will eat up anything that Evan spouts as gospel.

Hardly "no one". If you notice there are quite a few people including Charlie Lee, Peter Todd, etc who have spoken out against Dash/Darkcoin/whatever

So technically Evan's retort made no sense and it was distracting from the issue that was asked at that Q&A.

The guy even said he owns 1 Dash. Even though Evan assumed he wasn't invested in Dash...

Cheesy

Just because the "top 100" wallets have 18% of the total supply does not mean that other wallets or more of that 100 wallets are not owned by a few.

So because Evan moved his say 100,000 Dash (an example) into 100 wallets with each a 1000 so he would have 100 masternodes....doesn't make that any more decentralized in supply than if it was in ONE wallet.

And his retort was "you obviously aren't invested in the coin...."   funny

in other words.. "you are obviously not one of us"

what investment per se got to do with the points raised by the man?

You boys are seriously struggling.  Has Risto cashed out of Monero or something?

Maybe he is backing Rubycoin now?

boys? i don't even know the guy..dnealor, if that's him..looks kind of a guy that got bullied during school days..peace dnaleor Cheesy specially with the cap.

he have the guts to enter the wolf's den...i give him that  Smiley

see this is the internet and crypto, i'm from the other side of the globe..i'm a ghost crypto and the internet created so i won't be there in your little circle jerk session..

sooo.. "what investment per se got to do with the points raised by the man?" anybody?

He did point out a lot of promises that never got fulfilled, but obviously most of the people here are more than a little biased about the subject - don't expect to win many people over.

Your point of view is spot on concerning Dash supporters. Thank you sir!

He said he was gonna do a lot of shit and DID apparently back down. Dunno if he had explanations for it, though.

He's a developer, not a politician.

It doesn't matter.

A man's word should mean something. Just because he is a developer doesn't make his word worth less.

I take offense to that because I am a software engineer by trade and take my word seriously as well as others'.

He is essentially a spokes person for Dash (doing talks conferences etc). So in essence he is also operating as a salesman. Politicians are also salesmen. It isn't so far fetched to put two and two together.

Welcome to my dream..ok..back to topic."what's investment per se got to do with points raised by dnaelor"?

Many people are invested in DASH, contrary to his 'points', and the few people who back his 'points' are invested in a competing coin.

I'm actually invested in BTC and Sia at the moment, and I still think it's valid. He said he was gonna do a lot of shit and DID apparently back down. Dunno if he had explanations for it, though.

He probably changed his mind.

Being critical of a coin/dev/community on a technical or ethical basis is fine, especially when it's done in a civilised manner. You would fall in that camp. When it's done ad nauseum, in an aggressive, militant manner, by a group of individuals who are invested in a competing coin - well, the motivation is obvious.

The thing is that he promises a lot and doesn't deliver.
How will Evolution turn out? Stealth development, no public testing, no peer review, nothing.

Will he "change his mind" about certain aspects as well?

The cool wallet features will probably stay. It's nice and shiny. But will he deliver on default instant mixing? And if so, when?
Will it work? Will is keep working when stress tested by millions of users? Is it safe to sue? No attack vectors on the anonymity side?

FYI: there are coins out there that already have default instant mixing that do have some "thumbs up" from reputable bitcoin/crypto people

I posted about this ^ pattern a few posts back.

I would speculate that the same will happen with previous developments.

After the hype of the topic/buzzword of the season dies down development focus will shift somewhere else and the previous buzz-word development topic will be pushed to the back burner (if ever gotten to).

Wrong. That was a side note. His actual retort was the simple truth: That no one gives a flying fuck except the Flying Dutchmad himself and his few Moronero-driven friends with a pathetic agenda to push the non-competition Trollero.

The favorite Dashtard lie to tell themselves and others: "but... but....no one cares!"

Keep telling yourselves that.

BTW if you think "Evan wiped the floor" with anyone you're delusional. Watch the video again, Evan looks like a little weasel. He's completely embarrassed that he failed to hide the instamine and that people are now wise to his antics.

Eduffield and minotaur26 thought investors are so stupid that they could get aware with a 30%+ fraud instamine. Good luck with that

I guess the statement concerning Dash's short comings/shadiness:

"No one cares"

has been debunked.

* Master Nodes These nodes handle the mixing through random selection -
They are responsible for being the authority of what goes into the joined transaction each session.
eduffield, 21 February 2014 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5282966#msg5282966

This is how the algorithm currently works. Users submit lists of inputs and outputs, the masternodes either accept them or deny them. If the inputs and outputs violate a privacy rule (they must be uniform, etc), then the user will be denied access to DarkSend. Selection of the nodes to use is also random... what's the issue?

* I2P:
I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.
eduffield, 10 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6643662#msg6643662

We decided this wasn't a priority because we have built in Tor support.

* Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2.
I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.
eduffield, 12 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6686819#msg6686819

This was during the exploration of Darksend and other technologies, I hadn't made up my mind about the direction of the project yet. By the way, this is currently where the evolution project is at, there are many parts of it that are up in the air and we're figuring out what will make the best implementation possible, then we're going with that. This is just how development works for really adventurous projects. Is anyone else creating multiple tier p2p networks capable of paying autonomous agents that provide service for the network? 

To implement IP obfuscation it would push Evolution back about 2-3 months, then we would use it in v12 for about a year, then throw it out as soon as evolution came along, then I would have to redo the work again....What sense does that make?

Thanks Evan for this post.

It would appear that Evolution will be a long process to roll out. I think this was already mentioned.

But for me it sounds like Butterfly Labs and their delays (never ending).

Can anyone post or link me to the proposed time line of evolution and its roll out?

Thanks in advance.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:56:40 AM

smoothie -

Dash is a successful, innovative project. Live with it. You'll save on keyboard wear, blood pressure cuffs and barrel scraping effort in trying to recycle the dregs of last year's fud.

I'm sure 2016 will bring some fertile ground for you  Wink

(Thanks in advance)
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:03:44 AM

If they are paid, who is paying them?  The "non-profit" DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC?

More to the point, who's paying your salary.

At least they're doing something useful  Wink

(Though I suppose scarecrow's don't come cheap these days)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:11:47 AM

Coinomat Brings A Crypto-Remittance Service To India (incl Dash)

http://bitcoinist.net/coinomat-brings-crypto-remittance-service-india/
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:12:38 AM

and regarding to the rest of the conversations here:
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:22:09 AM

Empty promises:

Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Ignore me if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impressive. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

Please share your thoughts.

Agreed. I'm going to stop posting about DASH already.

A man's word should mean something. Just because he is a developer doesn't make his word worth less.

I take offense to that because I am a software engineer by trade and take my word seriously as well as others'.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 01:27:21 AM

Dash is a successful, innovative project.

Dash is bad crypto, sold via snake oil marketing.

There is no clearly defined vision or objective goal, just Evan floundering around grasping at crypto fads while his cargo cultists cheer and clap for anything he says/does.

there are many parts of it that are up in the air and we're figuring out what will make the best implementation possible, then we're going with that.

To implement IP obfuscation it would push Evolution back about 2-3 months, then we would use it in v12 for about a year, then throw it out as soon as evolution came along, then I would have to redo the work again....What sense does that make?

The pattern ^here^ is obvious:

Duffield announces a trendy new vaporware feature to hype (ring sigs, Masternode blinding, i2p integration), but then uses the 'ZOMG SO URGENT' next trendy new thing (Evolusham) as an excuse for not completing the previous one(s).

Thanks to Dash's closed development process, nobody can verify if the supposed feature was ever actually started (much less feasible/working) or simply used for a quick price pump.

Dash  Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:31:30 AM

smoothie -

Dash is a successful, innovative project. Live with it. You'll save on keyboard wear, blood pressure cuffs and barrel scraping effort in trying to recycle the dregs of last year's fud.

I'm sure 2016 will bring some fertile ground for you  Wink

(Thanks in advance)

That is your opinion.

Many said Butterfly Labs was successful...so they said the same about MTGOX.

Let's agree to disagree. Dash is snake-oil crypto.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:49:00 AM

***check the circle jerk guys' date registered..they may have created these new accounts for dash.like Minotaur26(feb 2014), bigr(jan 2014) lebubar(feb 2014) oblox(april 2014) tantestefana (first account) (jan 2014) BagHolder010 (aug 2014) ceti (april 2014)...all first post darkcoin..there maybe others or others that did not created new account/s.

Fuck off.

you registered april 5 2014...your first post in april 5 2014 are darkcoin logos....how convenient..

kindly tell us a story..how did you even find darkcoin in the too crowded announcement thread? is it love at first sight?  Kiss how sweet...
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:12:25 AM

Many said Butterfly Labs was successful...so they said the same about MTGOX.

LoL  w.t.f. are you talking about ?

If it wasn't for the fact that Dash is a public blockchain - unlike that decentralised bookkeeping system you like to claim is 'money' - nobody would even know about its history.

As it is, it's been scrutinised down to the last transaction which blows your point slightly to kingdom come along with the idea that publicly accessible blockchain analysis isn't important in crypto.
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:22:08 AM

The pattern above toknormal's last post is clear. Sore losers with an axe to grind about the fact that their particular cryptocurrency is not doing as well as they would like, think it would be a good idea to jump on the Dash thread for some exposure as it is by far the biggest altcoin thread on bitcointalk.

They will very often post in droves, egged on by their fellow sore losers. Very often they will post similar (or the same) arguments as posted by their fellow sore losers, mistakenly thinking that when trolls' opinions coincide, they deserve to be read more than once on the same page, and many, many times over a period of a few days, as opposed to the usual thread etiquette of not asking the same questions over and over again.  They will often post the same buzzwords for a few days, you may have seen "Snake oil", "Dashtard", "REKT", "Peter Todd"  and "Vertoe", just to name a few, but most of their posts, presented as "killer arguments" have been rebutted many times over. They feign innocence as they claim that they are just looking out for the well-being of others. Of course they claim they are not trolls, just because they post differing opinions, yet their goal is to infuriate and to reduce the readability of the thread by repeatedly quoting long posts, usually seen in the thread many times before.

Thank you sore losers for your tireless efforts  Kiss
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:47:13 AM

Empty promises:

The ring signatures V2, has a follow-up post which has been conveniently omitted. V1 didn't have the DarkSend that is now implemented, rather something like 3x10 DRK, one round. It was real-time, in the sense that you had to transact (DarkSending money) as you were mixing.

I wrote something to the effect that ring signatures are DOA / they don't scale, and then Evan thought of another way to improve mixing, and V2 came out with premixing (no need to mix when sending, which improved speed massively as the money were ready to get spent), multiple rounds, various denominations etc.

So people did get a much upgraded V2, although through a different implementation.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:11:09 AM

The pattern above toknormal's last post is clear. Sore losers with an axe to grind about the fact that their particular cryptocurrency is not doing as well as they would like, think it would be a good idea to jump on the Dash thread for some exposure as it is by far the biggest altcoin thread on bitcointalk.

They will very often post in droves, egged on by their fellow sore losers. Very often they will post similar (or the same) arguments as posted by their fellow sore losers, mistakenly thinking that when trolls' opinions coincide, they deserve to be read more than once on the same page, and many, many times over a period of a few days, as opposed to the usual thread etiquette of not asking the same questions over and over again.  They will often post the same buzzwords for a few days, you may have seen "Snake oil", "Dashtard", "REKT", "Peter Todd"  and "Vertoe", just to name a few, but most of their posts, presented as "killer arguments" have been rebutted many times over. They feign innocence as they claim that they are just looking out for the well-being of others. Of course they claim they are not trolls, just because they post differing opinions, yet their goal is to infuriate and to reduce the readability of the thread by repeatedly quoting long posts, usually seen in the thread many times before.

Thank you sore losers for your tireless efforts  Kiss

oh..maybe you do have a love story to share with darkcoin since you signed up February 2014 and your first post is already in darkcoin announcement thread..

do you happen to know what might be the big thing is?

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 04:02:22 AM

***check the circle jerk guys' date registered..they may have created these new accounts for dash.like Minotaur26(feb 2014), bigr(jan 2014) lebubar(feb 2014) oblox(april 2014) tantestefana (first account) (jan 2014) BagHolder010 (aug 2014) ceti (april 2014)...all first post darkcoin..there maybe others or others that did not created new account/s.

Fuck off.

you registered april 5 2014...your first post in april 5 2014 are darkcoin logos....how convenient..

kindly tell us a story..how did you even find darkcoin in the too crowded announcement thread? is it love at first sight?  Kiss how sweet...

Good find.  Those single purpose DashBot accounts are very shady.

Why not just use DashTalk if it's the only thing in the cryptoverse that you find interesting?

If the community/devs decided on a color palette, it could be shaded as such.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 [5463] 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: