Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:23:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 [5630] 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722609 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:04:39 AM

Where do you guys see this coin in 6 months?

What are some plans for DASH?

Are there any plans for a DASH Visa Debit card?

In 6 months we should have the basics of the Evolution plan working.  Evolution is really going to take a year to a year and a half to get completed though.

I don't see anything to do with credit cards coming up, Dash is instant by choice today, and with Evolution, will always be instant.  And it will be so easy to use, even other payment systems are moving to telephones, so why go with some kind of card?  But of course you can put the wallet on a trezzor or something like that (sp?)

Anyway, eventually, after Evolutions Distributed API is complete, there might be distributed exchanges built on it, or who knows what, so that exchanging will not only be cheaper, but safer (no exchanges to steal your coins).

Until then, Dash is instant, secure (large network) and private (DarkSend).  It's so far ahead of any other service, you don't have to wait 6 months for it to be usable.

That's why we're excited about the soda machine that will be at the convention. Sure, there are other soda machines, but they have to function without any confirmation that the coins are valid, or that they're not going to be double spent, leaving the vendor out in the cold.  But for a buck, it's not such a big deal. 

But when you're buying groceries, which can easily go over $100 or more, the grocer doesn't want to take that chance (that you'll use a py script and double spend the money, sending it back to yourself, and leaving his bill unpaid)

With Dash, instantX confirms as well as waiting for 5 confirmations, in an average of 4 seconds, but really way faster, I've never gotten to the transaction tab fast enough to not see the payment already confirmed.

The Dash team doesn't sit on it's laurels, they're constantly improving things, making them better, and have been doing that for 2 years now.  It's why I'm such a cheerleader, it's been so much fun to watch this project grow and grow!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:06:02 AM

Where do you guys see this coin in 6 months?

What are some plans for DASH?

Are there any plans for a DASH Visa Debit card?

Hi Blazin, next Friday Dash will be presenting at the TNABC Bitcoin conference in Miami. We have some really interesting updates and the slides for the keynote and the printed information we are taking to the show will have a great summary for your question as far our plans go. We should be able to share that after the show.

In the meantime I recommend reading our 2016 strategy statement that was published on Dec 30th 2015. It will give you a good overall idea of the strategy for this year. I am sure there will be changes and additions as the year progresses but is a great way to get a general idea of our current plans.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-strategy.7406/

Edit: About credit cards that is something that may come at some point from the market. I don't see the Dash team directly offering a product like that in the short term.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:15:56 AM

Dash vs. Bitcoin Comparison Infographic

please share !!

Tx to newcomer ericsammons (DT)

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:42:11 AM

Hello everybody. I would first like to say happy birthday, we made it. Over the last week I spent some time putting together a little present for the community. You can view it live at
http://darq.io/dash-timeline

Thank you to @Raptor73 for letting me use his images:

Please leave feedback on typos, events, dates, etc. If you want anything added let me know.
If you want to embed it on your website you may do so: Please give proper credit. Embed code below:
donate: XdarqoPGPhpFGDGD8rxnDzUh87d9yx98Jj

Enjoy.

Code:
<iframe src='//cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline3/latest/embed/index.html?source=1tas33D3li8GaCktwqog0RxSlWt7FEOf8_i5wGzBJcZE&font=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650' width='100%' height='650' frameborder='0'></iframe>
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:45:19 AM

well i guess i didn't get my check soon enough..  not going to buy and run any MNs after price nearly doubling over the weekend.  yes, it's a butt-hurt and selfish thing to say, but i guess you who are DASH-rich can keep on getting rich.  maybe i'll go long on metals with simplefx instead.  good luck.  missed my chance to join the party.  enjoy the pepsi and fetus flavoring

Keep an eye out, these markets are seriously crazy volatile.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want volatility, I'm not a market player, and I am happy to see Dash going up, but it has gone up in the past, then dropped.  So it may happen again.  Hopefully there will be inroads at some point?

Just be ready Smiley

i do love you guys, i just had a bad run of luck lately and the luck keeps hitting me on the head.  to those pumping, .. there is no rush friends.

Welcome to the club!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:05:50 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 05:39:34 AM by TanteStefana2

Hello everybody. I would first like to say happy birthday, we made it. Over the last week I spent some time putting together a little present for the community. You can view it live at

Please leave feedback on typos, events, dates, etc. If you want anything added let me know.
If you want to embed it on your website you may do so: Please give proper credit. Embed code below:

Enjoy.

Code:
<iframe src='//cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline3/latest/embed/index.html?source=1tas33D3li8GaCktwqog0RxSlWt7FEOf8_i5wGzBJcZE&font=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650' width='100%' height='650' frameborder='0'></iframe>

I can tell you why the name Xcoin was changed.  At the time, there was a scam website, an exchange or something, called xcoin, and we didn't want to be associated with them.  But in hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered Tongue  DarkSend happened well after the name change, which was done within 2 weeks of launch, if I remember correctly.

Everything else looks pretty much correct Cheesy  I like it, as it's a friendly way to read up on Dash History Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:21:07 AM

Why is the Bitcoin price suddenly dropping again?

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:27:29 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 05:38:59 AM by Minotaur26

Enjoy.

Code:

I can tell you why the name Xcoin was changed.  At the time, there was a scam website, an exchange or something, called xcoin, and we didn't want to be associated with them.  But in hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered Tongue  DarkSend happened well after the name change, which was done within 2 weeks of launch, if I remember correctly.

Also, that first price spike happened when someone got a bunch of bitcoins in their ccex account, accidentally, the guy kind of freaked out, he took the coins, and traded them, I think at Poloniex where he bought Dash, without regard for price, and that caused the huge pump.  Eventually he came forward, feeling bad about it, and gave ccex back what was left of the coins after trading to cover his tracks.  And then the price fell back to where it pretty much was beforehand.

Everything else looks pretty much correct Cheesy  I like it, as it's a friendly way to read up on Dash History Smiley

Tantestefana, a little correction since I see you keep repeating that. The CCEX hack had nothing to do with the huge 2014 price rise. The CCEX hack occured in February and yes it produced a price spike in CCEX while the hack was taking place, but it was just from 0.002 to 0.008, this was just momentary though as it was the hacker taking Dash out of CCEX to dump on Polo, the net effect was Dash going below 0.0010, so this has nothing to do with our big spike later that year.

This happened the same night we were added to Cryptsy, back then getting added to Cryptsy was a big deal everybody was expecting the "cryptsy pump" but it never happened because the hack happened a couple of hours earlier than we launched on Cryptsy. I was trading all that night with a friend trying to buy the Polo dumps.

I have seen you tell the story wrong a few times and I did not want to say anything not to make it a big deal. But now I saw it again and thought I should make the correction so we dont misinform newcomers.

If you please correct your posts on this it would be great. Thanks.

Edit: Also the CCEX hacker got fake BTC in his account in CCEX but he could not withdraw it so he bought Dash in CCEX which he could withdraw and dumped the Dash for BTC on Polo. I know, I lost 1500USD on that hack, they are still paying me back today. Again, nothing to do with our May rise.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:43:17 AM

Enjoy.

Code:

Also, that first price spike happened when someone got a bunch of bitcoins in their ccex account, accidentally, the guy kind of freaked out, he took the coins, and traded them, I think at Poloniex where he bought Dash, without regard for price, and that caused the huge pump.  Eventually he came forward, feeling bad about it, and gave ccex back what was left of the coins after trading to cover his tracks.  And then the price fell back to where it pretty much was beforehand.

Tantestefana, a little correction since I see you keep repeating that. The CCEX hack had nothing to do with the huge 2014 price rise. The CCEX hack occured in February and yes it produced a price spike in CCEX while the hack was taking place, but it was just from 0.002 to 0.008, this was just momentary though as it was the hacker taking Dash out of CCEX to dump on Polo, the net effect was Dash going below 0.0010, so this has nothing to do with our big spike later that year.

This happened the same night we were added to Cryptsy, back then getting added to Cryptsy was a big deal everybody was expecting the "cryptsy pump" but it never happened because the hack happened a couple of hours earlier than we launched on Cryptsy. I was trading all that night with a friend trying to buy the Polo dumps.

I have seen you tell the story wrong a few times and I did not want to say anything not to make it a big deal. But now I saw it again and thought I should make the correction so we dont misinform newcomers.

If you please correct your posts on this it would be great. Thanks.

Edit: Also the CCEX hacker got fake BTC in his account in CCEX but he could not withdraw it so he bought Dash in CCEX which he could withdraw and dumped the Dash for BTC on Polo. I know, I lost 1500USD on that hack, they are still paying me back today. Again, nothing to do with our May rise.

Oh crap, I got the date wrong again, sorry, I remember being corrected before now.  I'm senile, nevermind ... sorry  Seriously, I have this weird hiccup in my brain.  Very sorry!

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:49:29 AM

well i guess i didn't get my check soon enough..  not going to buy and run any MNs after price nearly doubling over the weekend.  yes, it's a butt-hurt and selfish thing to say, but i guess you who are DASH-rich can keep on getting rich.  maybe i'll go long on metals with simplefx instead.  good luck.  missed my chance to join the party.  enjoy the pepsi and fetus flavoring

I don't know where your getting your info from.  I sure as hell didnt invest in DASH for a measly $5 USD price.  I've bought this all the way from $0.40 USD up to $13.00 USD in May of 2014.  If BTC with all the drama is worth nearly $400.0 USD then do the math.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:57:24 AM

Know what annoys the shit out of me... finding 3.5BTC in a unused wallet from a couple years ago, yesterday.... I could have bought DASH few months ago for $2.00 USD urrrggg. And now the BTC isn't worth as much.  Lol.  Double whammy.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:11:08 AM

Know what annoys the shit out of me... finding 3.5BTC in a unused wallet from a couple years ago, yesterday.... I could have bought DASH few months ago for $2.00 USD urrrggg. And now the BTC isn't worth as much.  Lol.  Double whammy.

I've been really busy these past few weeks, and I kind of start to degrade when that happens. Yesterday I deleted my keypass key, I didn't think I'd ever find it again.  I dug it out of the deleted trash, but the file wasn't usable anymore.  I finally found it on one of my jump drives, but that just shows me how easily I can loose it all if I'm not careful enough.  And when I'm frazzled, I'm totally not trustworthy with anything.

Then I re-wrote something twice, wrong, same mistake, what can people think?  Of course, that I'm being an obstinate jerk, or that I'm mad as a hatter.  It's really just the latter, ugh.

Like that comment one page back. I bet Minotaur thinks I'm a jerk, but I'm just so sure I remember things one way, and despite screwing up regularly, I still stick by my stupid error prone memory because I forget that I forgot  Huh  Roll Eyes  Lips sealed

So don't feel too bad, you still have 3.5 bitcoins, that's really a cool thing to find, congratulations!

So now, I'm depressed and off to watch Sherlock to cheer me up Tongue

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:29:47 AM

Dash vs. Bitcoin Comparison Infographic

please share !!
Tx to newcomer ericsammons (DT)

Great info-graphics. I'd only suggest to place an "X" next to the features BTC does not support. It would emphasize the differences and DASH advantages even better.

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:35:54 AM

Enjoy.

Code:

GREAT presentation, thanks! You might consider using all the data and do something similar on https://slate.adobe.com/welcome/. It is another great visual tools, scrolls vertically but, more importantly, your DASH presentation would than be a part of a community outside of our own and will have reached even more people.

Just my 2 cents. Take them at their worth or shrug them off. Anyway, thanks again!!
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:37:47 AM

C'mon off it mate. Thats a high-class problem you probably shouldnt mention.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:43:08 AM

Dunno why I bothered to think about DASH given I dont own any, but here it goes:

DASH has one significant problem. The emission rate, esp of first few days. Nuff said.

If you seek more users and wish to go more mainstream I strongly suggest you throw a high profile airdrop announced at the Miami conf. These coins would be provided by early miners and Evan.

Alternatively, or additionally, you might consider rethinking your max supply and perhaps even increasing PoW rewards for a time. Short term DASH price drop but longer term vision.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:53:46 AM

What's going on with the price? Any recent leak/news?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:58:58 AM

Stolen Cryptsy bitcoins exchanged for DASH.. ?!
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:02:54 AM

I don`t know what is happening but i`m loving it Smiley
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:17:59 AM

Dunno why I bothered to think about DASH given I dont own any, but here it goes:

DASH has one significant problem. The emission rate, esp of first few days. Nuff said.

If you seek more users and wish to go more mainstream I strongly suggest you throw a high profile airdrop announced at the Miami conf. These coins would be provided by early miners and Evan.

Alternatively, or additionally, you might consider rethinking your max supply and perhaps even increasing PoW rewards for a time. Short term DASH price drop but longer term vision.

I agree they should think a way to fix their distribution...when I started mining back then (March, 2014).. I have second thoughts even with the instamine and maybe with the emission up to 84M would still be enough for late comers, but when I learned 84M was readjusted to 18M.. I left .
Pages: « 1 ... 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 [5630] 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: