Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 [5638] 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:13:49 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 11:36:24 AM by qwizzie

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/

Block Size Limitation Increase

We would also like to propose we raise the Dash block size limitation to 2MB to prepare for the future growth of the network. We want to know if the stakeholders support this idea. For this, we would like the nodes to vote using our decentralized governance system to make sure we have the community behind us.

With the current 1MB block size limit we have approximately 4x the capacity of the Bitcoin project in transactions per second capability, due to the 2.5 minute block spacing and a current 1MB blocksize. With our current limitations our network could theoretically allow nearly 28 transactions per second. We propose a change to a 2MB block size limitation, allowing up to 56 transactions per second. This will allow the currency to grow to approximately 8x the current transactional capacity of the Bitcoin project. It is important to plan for the long term success of the network and future adoption, by making this change we will be ready to scale and also give ourselves ample time to continue research and development to look for additional ways to improve efficiencies of the network.

The reason why raising the block size limit is not a centralization concern on our network is because of the full node incentive model. As the volume and usage rise on our network, the profits of the masternode network will also increase, creating excess funding to process the extra bandwidth without losing decentralization. This is in sharp contrast to projects without a full node incentive program, due to the inverse relationship between the full-node count and bandwidth requirements.

To implement 2mb blocks and prepare for Evolution, we must take care of some security concerns as well. There is a concern even with 1MB blocks that an attacker could add a transaction that takes 30 seconds to process, with 2MB blocks it’s actually possible to add a 10 minute script to process (https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3yulwv/any_examples_of_the_10_minute_script_thats_a/). To close these attack vectors there will be no more “ completely free” transactions in blocks, instead we will use a flat fee per kb when adding transactions to the blockchain that should be negligible for normal usage. This can be done via the spork code, which can set system-wide variables in the code. Once set, all blocks will be subject to this limitation, otherwise will be rejected by the network.

As far as determining if this proposal passes, we will consider more yes votes than no votes approval by the network as long as more than 33% of the network votes. If less than 33% of the network votes, we will consider the proposal denied and will not raise the blocksize limitation.

If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production. Let’s give Dash room to grow.

If you support this proposal, please vote yes for the following:

** see official Dashtalk site ref above for detailed vote instruction **  

Thank you for your continued support,

Evan Duffield

** i removed the specific vote instruction to avoid having it tempered with through reposts

Discussion about this block size limitation increase is best to be done on these two sites :

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/2mb-blocksize#comments

(its more structured there and also its more easy to find comments back)

**** Please keep voting, we need as much participation as we can get !!  ****

Current vote status with 3499 active masternodes :
(data from Dashwhale : https://www.dashwhale.org/p/2mb-blocksize)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:31:58 PM

Hey arielbit, I have some advice for you: When you are thinking of posting more inanities, do this instead..

Step one: Get a leather glove.
Step two: Slap yourself in the face with it.
Repeat as often as necessary.

I think this will really help you. No need to thank me.

Now...why do I strike a nerve on you every time I mention Dashcoin DSH?

Looks like somebody involved in DASH is affiliated with a new altcoin dubbed Decred: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.msg13271863#msg13271863
No, that is Dashcoin (DSH) who's community took over maintenance of the coin, and continued to use the same name and logo, after Evan Duffield legitimately purchased them from the DSH dev.

making up stories just to attack Dashcoin DSH and me (the 10,000 monero dice lost)..hmmmmm ..don't worry every time you pop up I'll mention Dashcoin DSH  Grin
You forgot to slap yourself in the face. Doh!
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:40:39 PM

Hey arielbit, I have some advice for you: When you are thinking of posting more inanities, do this instead..

Looks like somebody involved in DASH is affiliated with a new altcoin dubbed Decred: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.msg13271863#msg13271863
No, that is Dashcoin (DSH) who's community took over maintenance of the coin, and continued to use the same name and logo, after Evan Duffield legitimately purchased them from the DSH dev.

making up stories just to attack Dashcoin DSH and me (the 10,000 monero dice lost)..hmmmmm ..don't worry every time you pop up I'll mention Dashcoin DSH  Grin

I have one serious question about Dash, but do not want to be labelled a troll  Huh

One, or several, hard questions about Dash is not trolling.

Sociopathic flogging of horses, is.

Shot buddy.
Ok then. Being a veteran GPU miner myself (four years), I find myself wondering how Dash attracts miners to the network since, I myself, would initially balk at such terms. How is it profitable for miners, and who the hell is GPU mining Dash? I would also like to disclose that I am invested in Dash. Thanks guys!

volyova
Date Registered: August 21, 2014, 08:17:00 PM

2016 - 4 years = 2012  ....so where have you been from 2012-2014 while mining with GPUs?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:13:04 PM

Ooooh ooooh !! Ariel-11k !! do me !! do me!!
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:26:41 PM

I think the bells gone!

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:13:35 PM

The resolution of the bitcoin experiment

Despite the news blockade, within a few days of launching Bitcoin XT around 15% of all network nodes were running it, and at least one mining pool had started offering BIP101 voting to miners.

That’s when the denial of service attacks started. The attacks were so large that they disconnected entire regions from the internet:

“I was DDos’d. It was a massive DDoS that took down my entire (rural) ISP. Everyone in five towns lost their internet service for several hours last summer because of these criminals. It definitely discouraged me from hosting nodes.”

In other cases, entire datacenters were disconnected from the internet until the single XT node inside them was stopped. About a third of the nodes were attacked and removed from the internet in this way.

Worse, the mining pool that had been offering BIP101 was also attacked and forced to stop. The message was clear: anyone who supported bigger blocks, or even allowed other people to vote for them, would be assaulted.

The attackers are still out there. When Coinbase, months after the launch, announced they had finally lost patience with Core and would run XT, they too were forced offline for a while.

I was wondering how masternodes will handle with ddos attacks? Is anything being done/thinked of to handle this possible issue?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:14:21 PM

making up stories just to attack Dashcoin DSH and me (the 10,000 monero dice lost)..hmmmmm ..don't worry every time you pop up I'll mention Dashcoin DSH  Grin

I have one serious question about Dash, but do not want to be labelled a troll  Huh

One, or several, hard questions about Dash is not trolling.

Sociopathic flogging of horses, is.

Shot buddy.
Ok then. Being a veteran GPU miner myself (four years), I find myself wondering how Dash attracts miners to the network since, I myself, would initially balk at such terms. How is it profitable for miners, and who the hell is GPU mining Dash? I would also like to disclose that I am invested in Dash. Thanks guys!

volyova
Date Registered: August 21, 2014, 08:17:00 PM

2016 - 4 years = 2012  ....so where have you been from 2012-2014 while mining with GPUs?
Piss off you nosy bastard!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:36:04 PM

Despite the news blockade, within a few days of launching Bitcoin XT around 15% of all network nodes were running it, and at least one mining pool had started offering BIP101 voting to miners.

That’s when the denial of service attacks started. The attacks were so large that they disconnected entire regions from the internet:

“I was DDos’d. It was a massive DDoS that took down my entire (rural) ISP. Everyone in five towns lost their internet service for several hours last summer because of these criminals. It definitely discouraged me from hosting nodes.”

In other cases, entire datacenters were disconnected from the internet until the single XT node inside them was stopped. About a third of the nodes were attacked and removed from the internet in this way.

Worse, the mining pool that had been offering BIP101 was also attacked and forced to stop. The message was clear: anyone who supported bigger blocks, or even allowed other people to vote for them, would be assaulted.

The attackers are still out there. When Coinbase, months after the launch, announced they had finally lost patience with Core and would run XT, they too were forced offline for a while.

I was wondering how masternodes will handle with ddos attacks? Is anything being done/thinked of to handle this possible issue?

I don't know if I'm right here, but I'm going to guess that they attacked his known node, the miner and coinbase, who supported XT.  Which is kind of limited.  Still, everyone online is subject to ddos attacks, and there isn't much one can do about it.  One thing, though, Masternode IP addresses are no longer published, and I believe we will learn to obfuscate our ip addresses in other ways in the future.  I mean, ddos attacks are an issue for everyone, but I would think with a world wide network, we should be OK.  But if we're processing tons of transactions, like Visa, a ddos attack could seriously slow down the processing of transactions.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:25:11 PM

I don't know if I'm right here, but I'm going to guess that they attacked his known node, the miner and coinbase, who supported XT.  Which is kind of limited.  Still, everyone online is subject to ddos attacks, and there isn't much one can do about it.  One thing, though, Masternode IP addresses are no longer published, and I believe we will learn to obfuscate our ip addresses in other ways in the future.  I mean, ddos attacks are an issue for everyone, but I would think with a world wide network, we should be OK.  But if we're processing tons of transactions, like Visa, a ddos attack could seriously slow down the processing of transactions.

Thank you for the reply, however, why are you saying that MNs' IP addresses are no longer visible? I know that for now the command dash-cli masternode list gives you the vin addresses, but https://dashninja.pl/ still shows all the IPs.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
gerhard

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:44:21 PM

Something is up. Someone or some group bought a whole bunch of Dash in the last several days. The thing I love about cryptocurrencies (as opposed to say, the stock market) is that there is no pretense that insiders are prevented from profiting from "inside information." I like that insiders profit. God bless them. If you don't think the insiders are honest, or competent, don't invest!

What I would like to do to amuse myself is start a completely unsubstantiated rumor that the Winklevoss twins are behind the latest run-up in Dash, that they have decided to become serious investors in Dash, and are are even planning a Dash ETF.

- G
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:52:29 PM

I am amazed at how well-done and attention-grabbing the soda machine project is. The best part is that the machine can be reused and so can the Dash:
1) Hand a conference-goer a paper wallet with 0.4 Dash on it
2) Have them scan the funds to their phone
3) They spend the money in our soda machine
4) Use the Dash collected to print more wallets for the next conference

The only thing we'd need to fund on an ongoing basis is the soda! If only we could move the soda machine easily.

When we open our first Dash offices, we need to make sure we have a Lamaseu ATM and a Dash soda machine in the lobby of the building!

The wallets will have .25 dash -- soda's will cost .19 (plus 0.01 ix fee) to make an even .2 per soda. Leaving each person with .05 dash in hand.

--

I'll have to get with Lamassu to help them get InstantX on their ATM's -- another win! Smiley

Oooh yah, instant withdrawal of cash for Dash would be very nice (especially for tourists)   And those paper wallet give-aways sound a lot more realistic from the numbers I've heard bandied about.  I wonder how many wallets you're able to make?  And how many people are expected to be there?
I printed about 600 wallets.  (Don't worry about the TSA confiscating, they won't get funded until the day of the show.) 

TheDashMan made a nice backgournd for them too.  Thanks TDM.

aristokrat

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:35:39 PM

Hi!

Please help....

I must reinstall windows. What I need to do, to keep wallet with dashs?
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:40:52 PM

Hi!

Please help....

I must reinstall windows. What I need to do, to keep wallet with dashs?

Open wallet

File -> Backup

and save that file to a safe place and make more copies

alternatively you could go to %appdata%\dash with wallet closed

and make copies of wallet.dat to safe places.

flailing Junk

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:23:00 PM

So i guess the foundation owns the trademark? Does that mean we are fucked if blockstream takes over the foundation?
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:28:11 PM

So i guess the foundation owns the trademark? Does that mean we are fucked if blockstream takes over the foundation?

That makes no sense to me, can you explain?
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:33:07 PM

Something is up. Someone or some group bought a whole bunch of Dash in the last several days. The thing I love about cryptocurrencies (as opposed to say, the stock market) is that there is no pretense that insiders are prevented from profiting from "inside information." I like that insiders profit. God bless them. If you don't think the insiders are honest, or competent, don't invest!

What I would like to do to amuse myself is start a completely unsubstantiated rumor that the Winklevoss twins are behind the latest run-up in Dash, that they have decided to become serious investors in Dash, and are are even planning a Dash ETF.

- G

I know some people have been twisting their arm to get DASH listed
Hopefully you are correct :-D
flailing Junk

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:42:09 PM

I am just worrying about what happened to bitcoin happening to dash, but I don't know the details enough to do more than just generally worry about it. I assume if there was a hostile takeover of the foundation they could do some bullshit like fork dash and prevent anyone else from using the trademark. I don't know how the foundation is governed though.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:05:09 PM

I am just worrying about what happened to bitcoin happening to dash, but I don't know the details enough to do more than just generally worry about it. I assume if there was a hostile takeover of the foundation they could do some bullshit like fork dash and prevent anyone else from using the trademark. I don't know how the foundation is governed though.

If the foundation really owns the trademark, they won't even have to fork DASH in order to prevent anyone else from using it. However, I think the shareholder concentration of the foundation is probably very high, so that will likely deter a (hostile) takeover. But you can never know for sure. Let's say they offer a huge premium, who knows what might happen.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
gonedark

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:13:01 PM

Anyone know if the BTC Miami 2016 conference will be streamed live and if so where?
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:22:50 PM

https://vimeo.com/152191884  +  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RZnhyMGKU  = I can't wait for more nice surprises!
Pages: « 1 ... 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 [5638] 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: