Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:43:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 [5710] 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:04:18 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 02:53:26 AM by toknormal

So, are you saying we should do something like nubits does?

People who claim to be engineering a monetary (base) media need to realise that they are claiming alchemists of the day and solely concern themselves with the proprieties of monetary media and nothing else.

A web browser or talking client isn't going to do sh*t regarding monetary media.

Gold was formed in some kind of astronomical event that cannot be recreated even by modern technology. Does anyone around here think that some social media oriented money is going to remotely compete with that ?

Dash needs to stick to it's original vision and stop trying to sell itself.

The original vision was:

[1] - bitcoin
[2] - plus cash drawer

If Dash can only do that it will be massive.

If it gets distracted by B.S. that people from 500 years ago would not recognise then it be nothing.

All we want is Bitcoin + the Cash Drawer. Thats the only tiny thing missing.

We'll do the rest.

Thanks !
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:06:50 AM

We are not going in the right direction with Evolution.

Monetary tokens are a kind of scared commodity that is very rare. We cannot f*ck with such a commodity.

If you think you have it is so rare that your entire effort needs to go to consolidating its existence and nothing else. If it has any value, the people will create a huge ecosystem around it.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:10:17 AM

Rate ~ 9-10DASH at the moment.
$40 USD for a t-shirt? I hope that includes shipping!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:12:59 AM

Evolution will be optional, Tok. Just an app to access Digital Cash for the non-technical. What's under the hood is exactly what you described, those properties will not change.

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:18:33 AM

Sorry. The core team extra fucked the wifi portal and anarchopolca, there was never any extra funds. Sucks that happened cause now all three didn't get paid.

Way to jump to conclusions...

Thank you Evan for providing the correct answer!

lol, gonna start in on me too? Cool bro. I asked questions, gathered the information, made a pretty decent formal post, and quietly stated a theory at the end of it all. Way to skip over everything and get on my ass. Im not the dashguy, so whatever preconceived notions you have about him or whatever kinda stick you have up your ass in regards to the way he's acted toward you, well you can leave that out of my face or I will gladly add you to the list of monero trolls I already blocked here. Thank you and have a nice day.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:27:28 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 03:52:11 AM by toknormal

Evolution will be optional, Tok. Just an app to access Digital Cash for the non-technical. What's under the hood is exactly what you described, those properties will not change.

People need to realise what a rare event the creation of a base monetary token is. You are competing with universal, material history.

If Dash truly appreciated these facts it would only work on the monetary aspects of its product and nothing else.

Dash has a some huge potential to become an industrial electronic monetary token. To me, targeting 13 year old girls (which is what Evolution seems to be doing) is not the route to adoption. Nor is it distinctive of a modern industrial medium of exchange by steelworks, coalworks or railway companys.

If you really think you've created an unbacked monetary medium for the first time since gold was formed then I would not be worrying about how it was presented.
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 04:21:13 AM

Bumping for VIZ! A great masternode guide! (yes I'm a bit biased, hehe)

Well done Reuben! And thanks for all the props! Is nice to see dashman so prominently recommended! Smiley

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:12:37 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 06:03:00 AM by tungfa

Bumping for VIZ! A great masternode guide! (yes I'm a bit biased, hehe)

Well done Reuben! And thanks for all the props! Is nice to see dashman so prominently recommended! Smiley

page is down in the moment
reuben is on it
give it a sec please  Roll Eyes

Edit
sorted
 Grin
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:21:23 AM

Sorry. The core team extra fucked the wifi portal and anarchopolca, there was never any extra funds. Sucks that happened cause now all three didn't get paid.

Way to jump to conclusions...

Thank you Evan for providing the correct answer!

lol, gonna start in on me too? Cool bro. I asked questions, gathered the information, made a pretty decent formal post, and quietly stated a theory at the end of it all. Way to skip over everything and get on my ass. Im not the dashguy, so whatever preconceived notions you have about him or whatever kinda stick you have up your ass in regards to the way he's acted toward you, well you can leave that out of my face or I will gladly add you to the list of monero trolls I already blocked here. Thank you and have a nice day.

All I said was that you jumped to a conclusion, which you did. You concluded that the proposal in question "fucked up" other budgets. In fact, it did not. Cheers!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:07:50 AM

Hello! The budget system was finalized and at the time these three proposals were not established (All three were submitted too late). Budgets must be submitted at least 24 hours before the budget system in finalized. This means they must be submitted 3 days before the budgets are paid out.

v12.1 Improvements:
- I am going to add some warnings to v12.1 when you add a proposal to let the proposer know they should move the budget proposal to the next month if they're within that finalization period.
- We also need to vote on if we want to support contracts in the new system, I'll put a proposal up before I begin work on that next week

Sorry for the confusion, but it's not a bug, everything is working great  Wink

Rango is going to change Dashwhale.org so it doesn't allow you to create a proposal with a date sooner than 3 days before a budget payout.  - Thanks Rango.

Evan,
The command to prepare a proposal burns 5 Dash and it also has the block(date) coded into it.  Instead of just a warning, can you reject that command so the Dash are not burned if it has a date sooner than 3 days in advance?  Then give a nice warning that says the payout date is too soon.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:11:55 AM

Monetary tokens are a kind of scared commodity that is very rare. We cannot f*ck with such a commodity.

If you think you have it is so rare that your entire effort needs to go to consolidating its existence and nothing else. If it has any value, the people will create a huge ecosystem around it.

Wait, Tok, Evolution just makes it easier to use and harder to lose.  It still has the same principles and structure.  So I don't see Evolution changing anything like that.  You can still always run your own full node wallet until the end of time if you want, this is simply a functional layer that allows you to have the ease of paypal and the network takes care of your keys for you so you don't risk forgetting to backup your wallet.  The only thing you need to do is secure your name and passphrase. (and the 5-6 word passphrase that retrieves your account if you forget the other one.)  You do still ultimately have to be responsible for that.

I'm just trying to understand how Dash can or would support risk assets and stable currencies, heck what it all means, LOL.  I am NOT a market person, LOL.  But I'm trying to learn, so if you have the time ....

But honestly, I don't think Evolution risks losing any of the original decentralized currency ideals at all.  It offers up a decentralized service to users - by choice - so that it isn't so scary to run a wallet while at the same time, making it easily usable by choice, or you can go dark and keep all this info to yourself and not let anyone know about you or your wallets.

I wish it were working already for my liquidity provider because I wouldn't have to worry about running out of addresses and losing my wallet before I had the chance to back it up (thus losing my funds)  As it is, I have to keep a constant eye on that Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
afreer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:19:17 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 09:42:24 AM by afreer

People need to realise what a rare event the creation of a base monetary token is. You are competing with universal, material history.

If Dash truly appreciated these facts it would only work on the monetary aspects of its product and nothing else.

Dash has a some huge potential to become an industrial electronic monetary token. To me, targeting 13 year old girls (which is what Evolution seems to be doing) is not the route to adoption. Nor is it distinctive of a modern industrial medium of exchange by steelworks, coalworks or railway companys.

If you really think you've created an unbacked monetary medium for the first time since gold was formed then I would not be worrying about how it was presented.

I don't think this is said much but all crypto currencies are a type of internet service.

Without service providers (nodes, miners) sustaining it, they cease to function and lose their utility, which is a large part of their value.

The monetary properties are dependent on the reliable provision of that service...and the utility is restricted by the level of access to that service.

Right now, that service is limited by the tools we require users to have to gain the full utility (desktop applications).

Evolution is about breaking that barrier, the monetary properties the service provides are not changed, just the utility is increased.

ra_pl

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:22:23 AM

Rate ~ 9-10DASH at the moment.
$40 USD for a t-shirt? I hope that includes shipping!

unfortunately, but printing is two-sided. simple T-shirt with logo on front costs approximately $ 5 - but it is a simple T-shirt - this is of the highest quality material and printing
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:13:24 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 01:27:53 PM by toknormal

Wait, Tok, Evolution just makes it easier to use and harder to lose.

Indeed.

Please disregard my last post. Too much partying last night.

Fried eggs suddenly in greater demand than cryptocurrencies  Wink

lesterdsa

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:31:54 PM

I need 200 dash any sellers here or good site .

Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 02:55:39 PM

You should make a list of things needed to consolidate Dash's status as a "sacred commodity" (which should be prioritized higher than Evolution unicorn-chasing).

Quick, do it before the Evan's Gate Rehabilitation Project Force shoves you in a van and take you out to sea!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:28:39 PM

You made some good points.  Don't forget them in the stupor of your hangover!

Tyre-kicking observers like me have the luxury of periodic indulgence and thinking aloud. (Especially in a 5000 page thread).

Developers have priorities to work to and if I really thought those priorities were misplaced you'd hear more than a party-hour rant from me about it  Grin

A more serious problem is forgetting that living amongst grape fields does not increase one's consumption capacity.
DaveJones

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:52:06 PM

So, are you saying we should do something like nubits does?

People who claim to be engineering a monetary (base) media need to realise that they are claiming alchemists of the day and solely concern themselves with the proprieties of monetary media and nothing else.

A web browser or talking client isn't going to do sh*t regarding monetary media.

Gold was formed in some kind of astronomical event that cannot be recreated even by modern technology. Does anyone around here think that some social media oriented money is going to remotely compete with that ?

Dash needs to stick to it's original vision and stop trying to sell itself.

The original vision was:

[1] - bitcoin
[2] - plus cash drawer

If Dash can only do that it will be massive.

If it gets distracted by B.S. that people from 500 years ago would not recognise then it be nothing.

All we want is Bitcoin + the Cash Drawer. Thats the only tiny thing missing.

We'll do the rest.

Thanks !

That was my observation --> do what is says on the box.

snip

You know, I've been talking to a lot of people who run exchanges at these conferences. There's a huge unintended benefit to Darksend. Basically when you mix via Darksend, you're reseting your history. Like clearing your browser history. After the fact when you're sending coins to an exchange from their prospective, address A (your pubkey) is sending address B (their pubkey) coins. What freaks these exchanges out is when it could be multiple people, completely unrelated to your public key that are sending them money (e.g. address A or B or C or D or E sent money to address F). All of these other technologies use something closer to the later, which will cause them to have less adoption in the long run, unless legal compliance gets easier over time... which I doubt.

TLDR; Some decent privacy and an easy to understand blockchain makes compliance easier.

Making compliance easier might be a decent benefit to have.  But it says digital cash on the box.

Don't mind me I'm just looking around for the odd alt with decent growth / trading potential.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:54:32 PM

Wait, Tok, Evolution just makes it easier to use and harder to lose.

Indeed.

Please disregard my last post. Too much partying last night.

Fried eggs suddenly in greater demand than cryptocurrencies  Wink

I'm giggling right now because I just noticed some of your spelling errors in a new light Cheesy

But seriously,  What does it mean for dash to support risk assets?  Dear Master?

Returning to my previous post and to your reply, I think that Dash needs to start thinking about supporting the two distinct demands for monetary media:

[1] - risk assets
[2] - stable currencies

I know nothing really about economics, only that I want to take power back from the government Tongue  So if you would please explain these aspects of money?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:21:07 PM

But seriously,  What does it mean for dash to support risk assets?

Yes. I suppose this is the main theme that would prevail throughought all my various states of consciousness.

It's not something that is an issue for Dash alone - it affects all fixed supply forms of money. It even was a problem for the dollar when the gold standard was around.

In the fiat world, when there's a need for new liquidity the banks just issue it. That absorbs all the liquidity shocks and keeps the value of the currency stable. I don't see that model ever disappearing - even if there's widespread financial reform. Cryptocurrencies are a great monetary base, it's just that I'm not sure they'll ever be actually used directly as currency.

For example, at the moment when you buy stuff with bitcoin you are actually still trading fiat denominated goods and services. If you bought a $800 tent from Overstock 12 months ago it's still $800 today but the amount you transferred in bitcoin may be very different.

"Risk assets" are simply investments where there's a fixed supply of a commodity and you make your money (or loose it) from the change in value. The other type is, say, a bond which isn't fixed supply and where you make your money from getting paid monthly interest. (So called 'fixed income' assets). Risk assets will never have a stable value in relation to goods and services - they just won't by their nature. With a very large marketcap they would be much more stable than bitcoin is now, and I'm sure will get used for trading, it's just that I don't know if they will reach the point where goods and services are ever denominated in, say, a cryptocurrency price.

Pages: « 1 ... 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 [5710] 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: