Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:29:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 [6107] 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:34:14 PM

Living in Canada, I got used to metric a few decades back (Trudeau the elder) but some people never made the change and probably paid a price in job opportunities

LoL ! I was the other way around.

When I was at primary school the Wilson government committed itself to metrication and we learned everything metric. Then the society was too stubborn and they couldn't get enough shops and companies to stop using pounds, yards and ounces and they rescinded and made it optional. So my generation grew up with a whole load of decimal stuff that was useless in a grocer's shop. We barely knew what an ounce was.

The UK's just getting round to it now.

Tee hee -- my father was a rural valuer, a character of yards, miles, roods, chains, and perches; but when Australia decided to go metric, he bit the bullet. I recall -- I was ten -- him driving me nuts as he drilled me in the new values.

Now I'm comfortable with it -- the metric system is incalculably more efficient -- but I've noticed that little pockets of Old Think linger: a 9-pound baby is a nice big baby, and I still think of tire pressures in p.s.i.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:35:47 PM

if the good lord had meant us to use the metric system he would have given us meters instead of feet.

Boeing still use the imperial system as far as I'm aware. Seem to work.

Heh - I was just being flippant, but I didn't know that about Boeing. Apparently it's controversial: http://metricviews.org.uk/2007/11/boeing787-grounded/

When to accept change and when to dig in - always a challenge. Dash vs. Darkcoin - the trolls had a field day with that one - I remember "sounds like a laundry detergent", as though that were a terrible thing.

Living in Canada, I got used to metric a few decades back (Trudeau the elder) but some people never made the change and probably paid a price in job opportunities, peace of mind, and so forth. They will die off in time and those going through K-12 here will know only metric as normal.

Patterns, patterns, patterns. History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes. Now about that credit market system.          Wink

Nothing against the rest of the post but Dash indeed sounds like a laundry detergent. I embarked on the darkcoin boat and was not happy with the change. Converted 50% of DRK equity to bitcoin when the re-labeling happened. Still believe with DRK the marketcap today would be much higher.

Would have been great to have the self-governance back then ;-)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:19:45 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 03:49:59 AM by MasterMined710

One doubt about this:
easily reversible (if the cashier rang my brussel sprouts through on the other guy's bill by mistake they should be able to credit them and charge me within a few seconds)

Do we know if Dash evolution, contemplates some mechanism or technology?

Thank you

Yes, Dash evolution does indeed. Not sure where all the info is on that but it is out there somewhere.

It will be optional, here is a glimpse....
Dash Evolution Preview -- A Glimpse at the Future of Payments
https://youtu.be/7J4m04Tkfb4?list=PLDUbBQQ8iiY_ZE8SC-xuOTQiM2rKpPIlv

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:27:19 AM

Blockchains yes but not 2nd tier layers. In btc that would be something similar to the lightning network (censorship prone 3rd parties, semi centralized, not efficient, more fees) and in Dash that would be the masternode network (censorship resistant - protocol level, decentralized, efficient, less fees).
Masternodes meet your criteria as being fast, mobile, flexible and scalable RPS, but you are right that blockchains don't. Masternodes may not have all that functionality right now but it is coming and coming very very soon.

Ok, you have a point there. Dash's articulated protocol does indeed provide transaction support 1 tier back from the mining protocol, so I'll keep an open mind on how adaptable that may be. The DAPI layer that Evolution introduces a further level of abstraction that will facilitate an even greater diversity of options.

However there are still two aspects of targeting cryptos for merchant adoption that are highly unrealistic in my opinion that I'd like people to keep in mind.

1 the fact that a payments system is primarily a facilitator for a product sale, that's all. The business processes associated with the product sale have a far higher priority than instant clearing and IMO have conflicting priorities with those of a blockchain

2 the whole idea of using bearer instruments to pay for goods and services is positively medieval. It's only needed in a very primitive economy because it basically amounts to a form of barter.

Advanced economies quickly evolve organically beyond using base monetary tokens to a secondary financial "tier" or credit tokens which are far more efficient, flexible and fungible. I keep coming back to the idea of exchanges and some people don't seem to get the point. Why do exchanges not use blockchains to facilitate trades ?

If I asked you right now how many Dash are in circulation (including MN collateral) what would your answer be ? You'd go and look at coimarket.com and tell me there were 7,017,804.

But that's not true. You'd need to add all the Dash-denominated exchange liquidity to that number which would take the total to something approaching 8 million maybe. I know you're going to say that the exchange token simply acts as a proxy for the deposit while you're trading as they are backed "1 to 1" but that's not true either. The exchange token is actually independent of the blockchain token and the two are only connected by a contract of debt between you and the exchange where you are the creditor party. While you're busy trading your Dash denominated exchange token, the exchange can be using your blockchain deposits as it sees fit (as does any bank). They can be invested in masternodes, re-lent out, whatever.

Thats the thin end of the wedge. In this way the "Dash" economy is growing an economic monetary tier on top of the base blockchain token tier and this will typically continue until the "credit" tier dwarfs the base money supply. Thats what happens in a mature economy. The amount of credit money in circulation right now dwarfs the central bank monetary base - it just happens naturally.

P.S. This is why my view is that obscuring blockchain properties in order to "preserve" privacy is a very stupid idea unless you're only intending it to have a role as a payment system. If it's really going to be used as a currency then the economy will quickly mature to the point where most trading is carried out off-chain and where your anonymity is dependent on the particular payment system in use. So, in that regard, the base money supply that backs everything else benefits far more from transparency than it does obscurity because nobody's using it for transactions anyway, however it's of supreme importance that confidence in the base capital asset is supported to the max.

I've been arguing this point with the Monero people lately and they don't like me pointing this out. They say that I am engaging in "inane hand waving" and making a "deluded attempt at economic theory". But it's not economic theory, just plain observable facts. Even 99% of the entire volume of trading in Monero last month took place off-chain, not using their wonderful Ring-Sig system and depending totally on Poloniex's privacy support and not Monero's. Despite that their blockchain still had to sacrifice the open accountability, user symmetry and transparent fungibility that an open blockchain brings.

Not a very good deal.

Great points as always tok.

As to the last p.s. part I totally agree. Not sure our invisible blockchain friends have figured that part out yet though, most people have not. There is still lots of upside potential (offshore dark money accounts) with there tech and newer similar tech. I just hope they eventually realize they will never be the world's reserve currency or even the crypto world's reserve currency. Fundamentals of economic theory insure that. Good luck to them in their other endeavors though, Dash will take care of everything else!

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:32:07 AM

if the good lord had meant us to use the metric system he would have given us meters instead of feet.

Boeing still use the imperial system as far as I'm aware. Seem to work.

Heh - I was just being flippant, but I didn't know that about Boeing. Apparently it's controversial: http://metricviews.org.uk/2007/11/boeing787-grounded/

When to accept change and when to dig in - always a challenge. Dash vs. Darkcoin - the trolls had a field day with that one - I remember "sounds like a laundry detergent", as though that were a terrible thing.

Living in Canada, I got used to metric a few decades back (Trudeau the elder) but some people never made the change and probably paid a price in job opportunities, peace of mind, and so forth. They will die off in time and those going through K-12 here will know only metric as normal.

Patterns, patterns, patterns. History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes. Now about that credit market system.          Wink

Nothing against the rest of the post but Dash indeed sounds like a laundry detergent. I embarked on the darkcoin boat and was not happy with the change. Converted 50% of DRK equity to bitcoin when the re-labeling happened. Still believe with DRK the marketcap today would be much higher.

Would have been great to have the self-governance back then ;-)

I loved the Darkcoin name too and hated to see it go. Unfortunately, it was not conducive to Dash becoming the crypto reserve currency, let alone the world reserve currency. That is our aim now!

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:35:10 AM

I see the phenomenon of credit inflation beyond the base supply as a 20th century thing, fueled in part by dramatic population growth in the Americas. I see it as inherently unstable. I see it as a phenomenon that will slow and end over the next few decades, probably sooner rather than later, and with dramatic unintended leverage damage as it unwinds.

I totally agree with this. It's why i got into gold and silver and eventually BTC which then lead me to DASH.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:44:24 AM

DashForce Contest Thread: Help Dash to Win Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-contest-thread-help-dash-to-win-dash.12172/

DashForce_Tips Contest: 1

Find a new Dash article and post it in the Dash Force_Tips slack Channel and win 0.1 Dash or more. This will also apply to people posting (non-official/sponsored) links to Dash related BTCtalk threads, Reddit post, Youtube videos, polls or any other Media that mentions Dash either positively or negatively. Give a tip, get a tip.
Tips will not apply to newbie spam threads.

DashForce_Tips Contest 2:

Find a new news article or video etc where Dash is mentioned and post it in the DashForce Tips slack Channel and across all social media platforms. Win 0.5 to 1 Dash or more. You must post it to BTCtalk, The Dash Forum, r/dashpay & /r/cryptocurrency. Extra Dash for posting to other social media platforms. Places like Steem, telegram, facebook etc.
If someone already posted a article but only to one or two places then earn 0.1 for every other major social media place you post it.

You can also participate and get tips by simple joining the DashForce_tips slack channel and linking to your comments on various dash articles or threads. DashForce team members will keep an eye out for people making high value comments on the Dash Reddit and BTCtalk thread. Substantial five or more sentence high value comments will earn tips. If you feel your comment was missed please link to it in the DashForce tips slack channel for review.

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

dashforce_tips slack channel
https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/dashforce_tips/details/

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:46:24 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 03:58:30 AM by IMZ

I see the phenomenon of credit inflation beyond the base supply as a 20th century thing, fueled in part by dramatic population growth in the Americas

I think it just depends on what you define as "money" and what you define as "credit". The two are so interchangeable as to be indistinguishable today. Almost all modern money is created by the credit markets.

Maybe we both need to read this. Wink

I'm 73 so not in the workforce (yea) but I put in my 40 back in the day.

Well that makes sense with the Dash thread being one of the few on Bitcointalk that's not populated by adolescent children  Cheesy A Bretton Woods contemporary ! Congratulations - now I understand your monetary philosophy  Wink

At primary school – Australia in the ‘60’s – us littlies were bullied into ‘saving for the future.’ The Man from The Bank came, put up his trestle table (literally . . . ); and took our penny deposits. At that time, the notion of owning gold as a ‘store of value’ would have been thought insane – though home ownership was recognised as a non-monetary 'store of value.'

No one explained that 7% per annum ‘C.P.I’ inflation meant that in fifteen years or so the purchasing power of any unit of currency had halved.

And sure as hell no one explained to us that our-money-that-the-banks-kept-safe-for-us was the lubricant of a fractional-reserve-banking system making Mr. Bank obscenely rich (though 7-15% per annum interest rate was the norm).

So, now we’re in the terminal-decline phase of fiat currencies – certainly my conviction – the discussion above is helping me fine tune my thoughts: nil-inflation ‘crypto commodity'? or super-inflationary enough-units-to-go-around-if-it-all-catches-on cryptographic currency? infinitely-scaleable digital cash, entrenched-therefore-super-useful-but-doomed Point-Of-Sale fiat system, post-holocaust-barter 'instrument of exchange.'
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:32:47 AM

DashForce Contest Thread: Help Dash to Win Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-contest-thread-help-dash-to-win-dash.12172/

DashForce_Tips Contest: 1

Find a new Dash article and post it in the Dash Force_Tips slack Channel and win 0.1 Dash or more. This will also apply to people posting (non-official/sponsored) links to Dash related BTCtalk threads, Reddit post, Youtube videos, polls or any other Media that mentions Dash either positively or negatively. Give a tip, get a tip.
Tips will not apply to newbie spam threads.

DashForce_Tips Contest 2:

Find a new news article or video etc where Dash is mentioned and post it in the DashForce Tips slack Channel and across all social media platforms. Win 0.5 to 1 Dash or more. You must post it to BTCtalk, The Dash Forum, r/dashpay & /r/cryptocurrency. Extra Dash for posting to other social media platforms. Places like Steem, telegram, facebook etc.
If someone already posted a article but only to one or two places then earn 0.1 for every other major social media place you post it.

You can also participate and get tips by simple joining the DashForce_tips slack channel and linking to your comments on various dash articles or threads. DashForce team members will keep an eye out for people making high value comments on the Dash Reddit and BTCtalk thread. Substantial five or more sentence high value comments will earn tips. If you feel your comment was missed please link to it in the DashForce tips slack channel for review.

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

dashforce_tips slack channel
https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/dashforce_tips/details/
I am happy to announce that thanks to the Dashforce budget proposal we can focus on getting a solid Incentivized Dash testnet infrastructure implemented.
The idea is to put it to the stress test.
From the budget we have for this month, DF will put about 50 dash towards that goal which will be to incentivize all the test volunteers and supporters who help us test the many different aspects.

What is needed mostly at the moment is the testing of the budget proposals and voting on them, so we can imitate the mainnet as close as possible.

To incentives the volunteers the DF will tip every member activity in testing and we would like to see you do some or all of these like:

* mixing 1000 coins @ 8 rounds - repeat after the completion

* Instant sending, you can use the @chaeplins ping-pong address to send coins there and you get back some too

https://test.stats.dash.org/is

* Private sending

* masternoding

* budget proposal using the @snogcel proposal tool creator here: http://govobject-proposal.slayer.work/

* mining with your CPU using the command `setgenerate true`

You can get the testnet coins and all other info needed here or on dashnation slack too:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/testnet-tools-resources.1768/#post-110244

To get the tip simply put a screenshot of your activity on dashnation.slack.com on #df_testnet_contest channel - here you can get the invitation: http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

You can earn dash each week for doing the testing of all of these features or most of them and if you do it for 4 weeks and proved the screens we will choose 3-5 members who will win and get the rest of the coins as a prize for participating in testnet contest! Should be around $100+ each or more depending on participation rates and the current Dash price.

We hope to see your participation and let's earn some money simply by improving the network together!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:26:29 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 01:38:49 PM by qwizzie

Looks like Bitcoin's bullrun came to an end at last, bearish sentiments seem to be taking over now.
Dash on the other hand looks increasingly more bullish to me.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:24:56 PM

Hey don't forget your wednesday's most important news:

The Week That Dash Was in the News - A LOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AyAbH5fPAg&t=317s

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 02:07:55 AM

Visiting a Solar Powered Altcoin/ Dash Mining Farm in Costa Rica

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@aaronkoenig/visiting-a-solar-powered-altcoin-mining-farm-in-costa-rica
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:32:57 AM

Guys,
is there any DASH API that would give me details of the latest transactions?

I can not see it here: https://explorer.dash.org/q - is there any other good API I could use?
Cheers!
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#
https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Dash
https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html
These are the one's i know of.
Cool, thanks again qwizzie!

Guys, none of these work for me.

I am trying to implement dash transaction notification whenever balance on an address changes and I don't see function to get transactions from address;
I need get transactions from address to notify for user; the site itself is a work in project in here:
https://addresswatcher.ymsolution.com/public/auth/login

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:31:07 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 11:56:29 AM by toknormal

The 6-hour market momentum chart for the world's only fully fungible transparent blockchain dual layer protocol asset just went positive.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 11:28:04 AM

Guys,
is there any DASH API that would give me details of the latest transactions?

I can not see it here: https://explorer.dash.org/q - is there any other good API I could use?
Cheers!
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#
https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Dash
https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html
These are the one's i know of.
Cool, thanks again qwizzie!

Guys, none of these work for me.

I am trying to implement dash transaction notification whenever balance on an address changes and I don't see function to get transactions from address;
I need get transactions from address to notify for user; the site itself is a work in project in here:
https://addresswatcher.ymsolution.com/public/auth/login

Some addresses could have tons of txes and could be way too heavy to process, most explorers do not provide this info as api at all because of that.

But I think for your purposes there is no need to abuse a service with heavy requests (and get banned one day eventually), instead you can ask for a total amount sent/received from/to an address (which I believe is stored aggregated). For example:
https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Dash/q/getreceivedbyaddress/XhdzFu9CfetPU5sh5sMxHgRn5piwcoQCRN
https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Dash/q/getsentbyaddress/XhdzFu9CfetPU5sh5sMxHgRn5piwcoQCRN

(I picked some random address but you get the idea)

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Mushrooms

Activity: 630
Merit: 309

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:25:46 PM

Do you think it's a good moment to buy before Feb release?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:26:03 PM

Bitcoin Crashed! Now What?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL52ywnhfT8

Interesting view, specially the 7 steps in a market cycle that Chris Dunn talks about and which can apply to any cryptocurrency
or altcoin (including Dash).

I strongly advice newbees that are relatively new to cryptocurrencies to watch it.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:39:29 PM

The 12-hour market momentum chart for the world's only fully fungible transparent blockchain dual layer protocol asset just went positive.
huxdy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:41:57 PM

the dash, it's cool Cool
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:50:05 PM

Interesting view, specially the 7 steps in a market cycle that Chris Dunn talks about and which can apply to any cryptocurrency...I strongly advice newbees that are relatively new to cryptocurrencies to watch it.

He's cited exactly the same 3 bubbles as I noticed last night in a post I made on the Wall Observer thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg17475939#msg17475939
Pages: « 1 ... 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 [6107] 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: