Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:56:07 PM

Highly unlikely as they're chosen randomly

But still possible.

Haven't seen the code snippet, but if probability tends to 0 without actually being zero, I'm down with that. Actually probability and distribution functions should be an interesting addition to whitepaper.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:57:25 PM

Apparently we needed a white paper to be a legit crypto-currency, so here it is:

http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkcoinWhitepaper.pdf

Let me know if you see anything that could be improved, clearer, typos, etc.

DarkGravityWell (typo in the abstract) jumped right at me. Sux, I am at work, so having to read this on phone. I could definitely help reword some sentences. We really need to enrich the document with mathematical and code snippets from DGW and some other key DarkSend areas.

Evan, I am with "them". A whitepaper is absolutely necessary to appeal to scholars.

Thanks, updated!

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:57:40 PM

Checkout the whitepaper, master nodes don't control the collateral payments anymore. It's payment nodes, which are the last 2 block solvers. So it's the pools that would have to collude, in which case we'd know and stop using them.

Very interesting.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:02:19 PM

Apparently we needed a white paper to be a legit crypto-currency, so here it is:

You should use (I don't really know the english word for it) left and right justified text to make it appear more professional.   Wink

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:02:36 PM

DarkGravityWell (typo in the abstract) jumped right at me. Sux, I am at work, so having to read this on phone. I could definitely help reword some sentences. We really need to enrich the document with mathematical and code snippets from DGW and some other key DarkSend areas.

Evan, I am with "them". A whitepaper is absolutely necessary to appeal to scholars.

Thanks, updated!

The last sentance about Reward Curve seems cut off "The maximum amount of Darkcoins is set to 84 million, eventually though the lower cap will be 
reached and it will take"

Typo's I noticed:
ollateral transaction that is made out to the payment node, which can 
be cashed if they misbehave in any way.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:02:53 PM

"Darkcoins is set to 84 million, eventually though the lower cap will be " ...(empty)

Near the end I've rewritten it as follows:

"The use of X11 will prevent the use of ASIC miners for the short-term to mid-term future, being more complicated than a SHA-256 ASIC implementation. It will also allow for a longer period of mining for CPU/GPU users.
GPU miners that mine with the X11 alogirthm are currently experiencing reduced power usage (up to 50%) and reduced heat generation compared to scrypt."

(right now it mentions excess heat generation)
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:05:33 PM

You should use (I don't really know the english word for it) left and right justified text to make it appear more professional.   Wink

It is called "justify" and I totally agree with you (coming from experience  Smiley)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:09:13 PM

"X11, a chained ...." => needs better flow
"creates much slower advancement of mining technology" = a bit vague (?)
"to provide quick responses" => quick response to large mining power fluctuations
"This came at a cost" line, needs rephrasing for better flow.
"This thas implications"
"In 2014 we realized that we could make a crypto­currency that used a decentralized version of
CoinJoin as it’s implementation for anonymizing transactions, we have named this DarkSend. "
=>
"To solve this inherent problem of privacy, we created a new crypto-currency (DarkCoin) that used a decentralized version of CoinJoin in order to anonymize transactions. We gave this implementation the name DarkSend.

Great suggestions, Updated.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:12:29 PM

"The decentralized nature of DarkSend requires that one node decide "
=>
"The decentralized nature of DarkSend requires that one node will decide"
or
"The decentralized nature of DarkSend requires that one node decides"

"Users that want to add to anonymity of the pools "
=> to add to the anonymity
or
=> to enhance the anonymity of the pools
or
=> to increase the anonymity of the pools

"Using this formula the reward will drop very steady over the following months and years, then provide a steady supply of 1M coins per year."
=>
"Using this formula the reward will gradually drop over the following months and years and then provide a steady supply of approximately 1 million coins per year."

cyanez

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

Some very, very minor grammar corrections. I'll leave the readability on the technical issues to those smarter than me.

Last sentence of the first paragraph in the "Introduction" section: "This has implications. . ."
Second paragraph in the "Introduction" section: ". . .of Conjoin as its implementation. . ."
First sentence, first paragraph in the "Darksend" section: remove a in the sentence ". . .into a larger anonymous transactions. . ."
First sentence, first paragraph in the "Defending Against Attack" section: ". . .challenges to dealing. . ." or ". . .challenges in dealing. . ."
Second sentence, second paragraph in the "Defending Against Attack" section: "A transaction for. . ."
First sentence, fourth paragraph in the "Defending Against Attack" section: eliminate space after first parens
First sentence, fourth paragraph in the "Improved Anonymity" section: ". . .will be elected in its place."
First and second sentences, first paragraph in the "Master Node Election" section: ". . . transaction IDs in the darksend pool. By adding up the hash values of the transaction IDs,. . ."
First sentence, second paragraph in the "Master Node Election" section: ". . .pubkeys of the 
users' outputs."
Second sentence, second paragraph in the "Master Node Election" section: Not sure of sentence construction here, ". . .can know who is master, that is 
tamper­proof and decentralized."
First sentence, third paragraph in the "Master Node Responsibility" section: ". . .their inputs and outputs. . ."
First sentence, first paragraph in the "Improved Pool Anonymity" section: "Users who want. . ."
Third sentence, second paragraph in the "Reward Curve vs Reward Halving" section: ". . .drop very steadily over. . ."
Third paragraph in the "Reward Curve vs Reward Halving" section looks unfinished?
First sentence, second paragraph in the "Proof-of-Work Utilizing X11" section: ". . .more difficult to create. . ."
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:20:04 PM

(DarkSend paragraph)

"into a larger anonymous transactions" => into larger anonymous transactions.

"The DarkSend implementation uses multiple stages each session" => in each session

"broading finalized transaction" => broadcasting (?)
"and finally collateral collection or destruction" => ...and completes the operation with the final collection or destruction of collateral.

(Defending Against Attack paragraph)

"A transactions for 0.1DRK" => A transaction of 0.1 DRK
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:20:21 PM

It is called "justify" and I totally agree with you (coming from experience  Smiley)

Got it, thanks

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:22:54 PM

I'm relatively new here but I have to say darkcoin is really in a different league from almost every other coin it seems. A few have interesting variations on the basic concept, some nice logos and promotion but nothing much more than that. As a fellow aspiring dev I'm impressed by the darkcoin dev, good luck with further development.

roll up your sleeves....there are a few bounties around. Android wallet?
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:35:06 PM

Some very, very minor grammar corrections. I'll leave the readability on the technical issues to those smarter than me.

Last sentence of the first paragraph in the "Introduction" section: "This has implications. . ."
Second paragraph in the "Introduction" section: ". . .of Conjoin as its implementation. . ."
First sentence, first paragraph in the "Darksend" section: remove a in the sentence ". . .into a larger anonymous transactions. . ."
First sentence, first paragraph in the "Defending Against Attack" section: ". . .challenges to dealing. . ." or ". . .challenges in dealing. . ."
Second sentence, second paragraph in the "Defending Against Attack" section: "A transaction for. . ."
First sentence, fourth paragraph in the "Defending Against Attack" section: eliminate space after first parens
First sentence, fourth paragraph in the "Improved Anonymity" section: ". . .will be elected in its place."
First and second sentences, first paragraph in the "Master Node Election" section: ". . . transaction IDs in the darksend pool. By adding up the hash values of the transaction IDs,. . ."
First sentence, second paragraph in the "Master Node Election" section: ". . .pubkeys of the 
users' outputs."
Second sentence, second paragraph in the "Master Node Election" section: Not sure of sentence construction here, ". . .can know who is master, that is 
tamper­proof and decentralized."
First sentence, third paragraph in the "Master Node Responsibility" section: ". . .their inputs and outputs. . ."
First sentence, first paragraph in the "Improved Pool Anonymity" section: "Users who want. . ."
Third sentence, second paragraph in the "Reward Curve vs Reward Halving" section: ". . .drop very steadily over. . ."
Third paragraph in the "Reward Curve vs Reward Halving" section looks unfinished?
First sentence, second paragraph in the "Proof-of-Work Utilizing X11" section: ". . .more difficult to create. . ."

Updated, thanks!

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:35:27 PM

These nodes will monitor DarkSend,when any misbehavior is detected they will “cash” the transaction by signing and broadcasting it.
=> These nodes will monitor DarkSend and when any misbehavior is detected they will “cash” the transaction by signing and broadcasting it.

using a sigScript to make them only valid for a given period of time.
=> using a sigScript to make them valid only for a given period of time.

These outputs are new addresses not connected to their identity. This implementation allows for amounts to be sent of any precision without reducing the quality of anonymity provided.
=>These outputs are new addresses that are not connected to a user's identity. This implementation allows for amounts of any precision to be sent without a negative impact in the quality of anonymity.

"there is no risk of lost money from the master node being a bad actor, a slave node would be elected to replace the master node and the collateral would be forfeit to the network.
=>
"there is no risk of lost money from the master node being a bad actor as a slave node would be elected to replace the master node and the collateral would be forfeited to the network.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:35:44 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 06:49:56 PM by humanitee

I had an idea so I created a diagram for it. I think it would help further obfuscate amounts being sent using DarkSend. Furthermore, the amounts would already be denominated for future DarkSends.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:43:18 PM

Another thing:

You're using Calibri currently, right? The Satoshi paper uses Times New Roman. For my papers I always use Calibri, but did you already try how it look with TNR? Sometimes serif typefaces look better

also page 3 is currently blank Tongue

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

I had an idea so I created a diagram for it.

Your idea gave me a further idea, although I have no clue if it can be implemented:

What if people who did NOT want to send money to others, were given the incentive to send money to the "laundry buckets" by taking a small portion of the transaction fee as a reward for their contribution...

In a way, you could have 100 people that do not want to use darksend but simply to use their capital to add noise to the darksend buckets and get paid for it (instead of having their money on their wallet, producing nothing in terms of profit). And you could have 5-10 people who genuinely want to darksend money and use the other 100 for good noise.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:50:55 PM

* The Satoshi paper overcomes mining becoming less profitable and diminishing to zero by repositioning transaction fees as a future source of revenue - "Once a predetermined number of coins have entered
circulation, the incentive can transition entirely to transaction fees and be completely inflation
free".

Transaction fees are an inventive feature of Darkcoin which will remain once the predetermined number of coins have been circulated. Honest nodes are also encouraged to participate in DarkSend transactions by offering them the opportunity to earn additional fees charged against dishonest actors that attempt to deliberately deny services to the network. This feature creates a form of fee structure akin to charging for excessive email traffic in order to reduce the profitability of spam.

* It will also allow for a longer period of mining for CPU/GPU users.....This supports the decentralized nature of Darkcoin by making small scale mining feasible for a longer period of time. This discourages dishonest attacker nodes from accumulating more processing power than honest nodes and thereby improving the security of the system.

TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:56:03 PM

I have an idea, if you could send an encrypted messages for example certain size with the darksend block.
like when you pay bills, you put in refence code, or a simple small message to the person or company you are paying.
This way you could send messages with the payments for example delivery address or something like that..

could this theoretically be done?

Someone mentioned this idea a couple of weeks back, and I think it would be an awesome thing to implement, and I know Evan will want these ideas as soon as he has Darksend finished!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: