Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:04:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722574 times)
AD_Infinitum

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:56:43 PM

Should update the original post mentioning moolah. Darkcoin is accepted there. It is primarily a store front for people, and you can pay in whatever coin you like (that is accepted) and moolah transfers it for the merchant. They will also have a fiat/DRK exchange. That is big news imo.

Also, I have a question, what are the biggest pools for DRK?

From the moolah's official website FAQ:

What currencies do you support?
Currently we support Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin and Vertcoin.

Where is Darkcoin?
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:04:44 PM

Should update the original post mentioning moolah. Darkcoin is accepted there. It is primarily a store front for people, and you can pay in whatever coin you like (that is accepted) and moolah transfers it for the merchant. They will also have a fiat/DRK exchange. That is big news imo.

Where is Darkcoin?

They replied to a tweet I sent Monday, they are adding it this week.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:07:04 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

(Moderator - If you delete this, at least give me a good reason on why this is off topic, and why the other pools advertising is not off topic)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:32:30 PM

Wow they have been deleting your posts CHAOSiTEC?

In protest of this deletions, and in support of you being such an awesome member of this thread, I will mine 24 hrs in your pool to donate to your pool costs. Will point my rigs as soon as I get home later. Sorry p2p guys, I will be back soon!
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:06:53 PM

There is no tx out -> tx in -> tx out going on, at least as far as chained transactions (which I think you are describing). Do you know what stealth addresses are? All those addresses would look totally random to anyone tracing them. Here's a link in case you don't know about them.
http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/31813471/

The only time you could identify that there was a central owner is if you combined all the addresses into a larger address or sent them all to some other address. That is why you need a denomination pool, to recombine for higher denomination DarkSends. You would still know all those addresses belonged to some central user, but after recombining in a denomination pool with 1000 other people, who sent what? And where did they send it?
I wasnt aware of the stealth addresses, thanks! I have already implemented a proof of concept version of a NXT version of this, which is much simpler due to how NXT is implemented.

The problem with anything complicated (you have to admit the bitcoin stealth addresses are complicated) is that I cant fully understand them immediately. Maybe after a while I can speak more to its effectiveness, but in my experience the more complicated something is, the more likely to be bugs or exploits. Certainly stealth addresses (assuming no bugs/exploits) sounds great, but the assumption is that there is an attacker who has access to then entire set of IP traffic and the servers to analyze and correlate.

Short of a mathematically provable algo, my assumption is that full information + clever guys + lots of servers will be able to unravel any path information. From an anonymity standpoint the whole txout->txin system is absolutely horrible. Its like if you looked at a $100 USD bill with a microscope you could see every transaction it was involved in! This is why some theorize bitcoin was invented by one of the TLA's

For example, at some point the funds come out of the stealth address to a public destination. Even if knapsacking analysis is prevented by streams of identical denominations, there is still timing analysis.

That's cool, I just wanted to make sure you were aware that something similar existed (although not automated, as you point out). I think it would be amazing, it would just take a lot of work. Good luck!
Thanks! I hope to be able to announce some sort of service in the near future, been hard at work

James

Stealth addresses are actually relatively easy to implement and understand. It's just mathematics. The way they describe it on the mailing list makes it harder to understand than it really should be. Here's an image that might help from a reddit thread on the matter:

What do you mean by timing analysis? The way DarkSend will be implemented makes all DarkSending nodes connect through other nodes to get to the master node. After each stage they detach from that node chain and initialize a new chain. If you add encryption on top of that, how could anyone ever know? Am I bouncing someone else's signal or generating my own? After all the stages are complete the master node broadcasts the transaction, making all DarkSends for that round announced from the same IP at the exact same time.

Even if you transfer to the equivalent of Coinbase and cash out, as long as you DarkSend to the Coinbase address there would be nothing to track beyond that address.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
iwantcoins

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:17:42 PM

So i was having some trouble figuring out how to mine Darkcoin i looked everywhere for a simple solution and fininally found this
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Guide on How to Mine Dark Coins http://www.reviewoutlaw.com/how-to-mine-darkcoin-gui-friendly-simple-way-mining-dark-coin/
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
btcpoland

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:20:45 PM

I have a server with Intel Xeon 2x E5-2650v2. How many DRK will I mine in 24h? Any guess?
fusecavator

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:29:38 PM

It's not any less trackable to 'the same' user if the change goes to a throw away address to original wallet or secondary wallet, plus that just complicates things to where it isn't usable.
Whenever a change address from a darksend is used in a transaction with an address existing before the darksend there could potentially be a privacy breach. In the current implamentation, the wallet constructs transactions from any of the addresses it has control over, so this could happen on any transaction if the wallet keeps its own change. By sending the change to a completely different wallet, there is no chance for those addresses to get mixed together.
lordbah

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:35:22 PM

This might be the right crowd to ask: is there a cryptocoin exchange where you don't have to register? I imagine it would work something like you say "generate a new foocoin address", it gives you one on the web page, you send coin to it - I guess it becomes a wallet identifier - when you spend foocoins from it to buy barcoins, it can also draw on the other addresses sent to it. But I'm just guessing. As long as it never has to convert to fiat and go to a bank account, who needs first/last name and email and etc.? Does such a thing exist? Or do people just register with false names and throwaway email addresses?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:53:32 PM

Coinedup uses google login, so no registration there. Not anonymous though.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:04:16 PM

What do you mean by timing analysis? The way DarkSend will be implemented makes all DarkSending nodes connect through other nodes to get to the master node. After each stage they detach from that node chain and initialize a new chain. If you add encryption on top of that, how could anyone ever know? Am I bouncing someone else's signal or generating my own? After all the stages are complete the master node broadcasts the transaction, making all DarkSends for that round announced from the same IP at the exact same time.
Thanks for the stick figures!

Remember, we assume all IP traffic is monitored, so the fact that you participated in the round and any net change in acct balances are obtainable. if you are just bouncing your own payment, the net balance in the acct is unchanged.

I am not saying immediate decoding of all payment paths. Only that each time you DRK send, the probabilities are updated above random guessing. Maybe by only a little bit. however over time it adds up. This is why burners are used

Also, think about the weakest link. What if someone (attacker) isnt so careful and leaks a bunch of info? then like solving a jigsaw puzzle, more and more transactions go from unknown to known.

These all very advanced capabilities and does not apply to DRK audience. My original point is that from what I can tell current incarnation of DRK solves the mass market privacy needs and you addition makes it a bit harder for TLA, but in the overall scope of things, not be enough to warrant complicating or delaying DRK send.

James

P.S. I am not even invoking my magical quantum computer from the future that cracks your puny encryption Smiley

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:21:51 PM

Thanks for the stick figures!

Remember, we assume all IP traffic is monitored, so the fact that you participated in the round and any net change in acct balances are obtainable. if you are just bouncing your own payment, the net balance in the acct is unchanged.

I am not saying immediate decoding of all payment paths. Only that each time you DRK send, the probabilities are updated above random guessing. Maybe by only a little bit. however over time it adds up. This is why burners are used

Also, think about the weakest link. What if someone (attacker) isnt so careful and leaks a bunch of info? then like solving a jigsaw puzzle, more and more transactions go from unknown to known.

These all very advanced capabilities and does not apply to DRK audience. My original point is that from what I can tell current incarnation of DRK solves the mass market privacy needs and you addition makes it a bit harder for TLA, but in the overall scope of things, not be enough to warrant complicating or delaying DRK send.

James

P.S. I am not even invoking my magical quantum computer from the future that cracks your puny encryption Smiley

Evan said he'd be working on stuff the community wants sometime in the future, I just wanted to suggest it. I feel like he is solving a much harder problem (implying respect) doing decentralized CoinJoin and to tack this on in the end would be sweet, especially if some library already exists. Someone asked earlier if he was going to allow stealth sending, so if he is potentially doing that anyway, why not throw this in? As I indicate in my original post, it could be baked into the client. If he's checking for DDOS'ing on the pool he can surely easily implement an output value check. He seems quite, quite capable.

You are right though. We really need a mesh net!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:32:17 PM

coinmine.pl about 60% hash rate

Yeah, this is really a problem for the coin. If I was just now looking at getting into this coin a situation like this would scare me away. Since Coinmine will not cooperate and raise fees like it has been suggested, it is up to us miners.

MOVE YOUR HASH!  
Such Pool  (dark.suchpool.pw)
Lottery Mining (lotterymining.com)
The Official Pool  (www.drkpool.com)

These are all just as stable as Coinmine. Also there is P2P and some lesser known pools if you prefer those. Let's do our part and secure the network! DRK has nearly everything going for it -- let's not let a issue like this drag down the coin.

yeah, that what we as miners should do right now - it's our responsibility!

secure the network by distributing your hash-power - what is the great goal for mining at a stable pool like coinmine, when an attack happens - then there is a great turbulence with DRK
do you want to have such desaster?

i personally mine at P2P-pool and lotterymining

yeah it has come down to a bit over 50 % at coinmine.pl from 60 %

but even this is too high!

are you miners at coinmine.pl too lazy to distribute your hashrate or even too greedy?
i like this pool too - low rejects and only a little bit over 100 % solving rate -  middle and long term
but its not good for the coins image to have such a big pool ober 50 %

though i have to say it again -> miners at coinmine.pl: Please distribute your hashrate!

bump

now we have 43 % at coinmine.pl - thanks for the distribution of your hashpower!

but the alarm signals are only orange now - have been red past day(s)

lets have some green color!

you know what i mean and what to do Wink
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:45:36 PM

Acknowledgements. We thank Stephen Checkoway, George
Danezis, and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful
comments. The research in this paper was supported in part
by the Office of Naval Research under contract N00014-11-
1-0470, and DARPA and the Air Force Research Laboratory
(AFRL) under contract FA8750-11-2-0211.

ZeroCoin, sponsored by the government. Nice.  Grin
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:57:03 PM

Hi, anybody here who actually knows why a symlinked .darkcoin folder only allows for ./darkcoind with sudo?
I get
Code:
EXCEPTION: N5boost12interprocess22interprocess_exceptionE       
Permission denied      
darkcoin in AppInit()

folder ownership of .darkcoin is my user who runs ./darkcoind

or is there a way pre compile to change the folder directory of .darkcoin?

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

This is pool hashrate (sum of pool's hash. coinmine, such, lottery, mininghub, official, p2pool, cpupool)

update : 10 min.
recent block : when block found.

ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

Where is Darkcoin?

It's on their exchange already. https://prelude.io/
tifozi

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:15:56 AM

Hi, anybody here who actually knows why a symlinked .darkcoin folder only allows for ./darkcoind with sudo?
I get
Code:
EXCEPTION: N5boost12interprocess22interprocess_exceptionE       
Permission denied      
darkcoin in AppInit()

folder ownership of .darkcoin is my user who runs ./darkcoind

or is there a way pre compile to change the folder directory of .darkcoin?

Hi, no need to recompile. You can pass these arguments on command line to specify location of darkcoin.conf and the data directory

-conf=<file>           Specify configuration file (default: darkcoin.conf)

-datadir=<dir>         Specify data directory

Code:
./darkcoind -conf=/path/to/darkcoin.conf -datadir=/path/to/blockdata
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:19:03 AM

Hi, no need to recompile. You can pass these arguments on command line to specify location of darkcoin.conf and the data directory

-conf=<file>           Specify configuration file (default: darkcoin.conf)

-datadir=<dir>         Specify data directory

Code:
./darkcoind -conf=/path/to/darkcoin.conf -datadir=/path/to/blockdata

TYVM , my fail to not check the commands, didnt knew these commands as i never needed them.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
tifozi

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:19:52 AM

http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

This is pool hashrate (sum of pool's hash. coinmine, such, lottery, mininghub, official, p2pool, cpupool)

update : 10 min.
recent block : when block found.

Awesome job Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: