Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:27:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 02:53:33 PM

gotta love how slyA just pops out of nowhere, reminds me of these guys:

Lol, nobody expects the Spanish inquisition.

Hell no! Smiley DarkCoin is not afraid of any inquistion from any country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:56:16 PM

why it's the best coin ?

Probably because he instamined it or bought too much.

I love how mining at the beginning of the launch is now synonymous with instamining. Lots of sore miners showing up in here.

It's synonymous with instamining because there is no other way to describe 50% of currently available coins being released in 24hrs. After block 4500 the reward dropped from 500 to 56, and the difficulty retarget was changed from 24hrs to 1hr. It's one the most terrible launches I've ever seen. I wish it had been done right in the start. It just looks bad, and the bad press will unfortunately open the door up for numerous "fairdark" clones.

I'm not a "sore miner' as I was mining xcoin a few days after launch, although I didn't know about the instamine at the time. You could also argue that I benefited from buying at low prices, which I did, but it doesn't mean I don't care about the blatant instamine. Something like that will haunt a coin. People hate quark because of its "unfair" distribution.

Agree,  to outsiders this gives a very bad taste, i was annoyed with it in bitcoin already. The thing is, theres no valid reason im aware of to distribute 10, 20, 30, 40 or even more % of a coin within the first weeks, months or even years while theres no or barely an economy where such a distribution is needed. Its not benifiting the crypto currency image and as beeing sayd it does not benifit a coins image. Wish i could write different, but thats how i see it. Its not a darkcoin issue alone, bitcoin did it already.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

Agree,  to outsiders this gives a very bad taste, i was annoyed with it in bitcoin already. The thing is, theres no valid reason im aware of to distribute 10, 20, 30, 40 or even more % of a coin within the first weeks, months or even years while theres no or barely an economy where such a distribution is needed. Its not benifiting the crypto currency image and as beeing sayd it does not benifit a coins image. Wish i could write different, but thats how i see it. Its not a darkcoin issue alone, bitcoin did it already.

The difference is, most of the coins have been redistributed long time ago - sold and given away, so it's not an issue.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:10:41 PM

Well i wish i knew about this coin too! I was too busy mining other coins, but it seems people were complaining about it because the developers dropped the number of coins down to 22 million, making the difficulty higher, i also think there was a bug in the code that was giving a high block reward for the first few blocks before they patched it.

The reduction in coins is caused by a 7% reduction in rewards starting January 2015, it hasn't been "felt" yet.  The difficulty climbed because more people started mining it.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:16:30 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 06:08:07 PM by coins101

When people spend so much of their time trying to attack and criticise. That's when you know you are doing something right.

Time to buy more DRK.
sippsnapp

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:17:05 PM

Agree,  to outsiders this gives a very bad taste, i was annoyed with it in bitcoin already. The thing is, theres no valid reason im aware of to distribute 10, 20, 30, 40 or even more % of a coin within the first weeks, months or even years while theres no or barely an economy where such a distribution is needed. Its not benefiting the crypto currency image and as beeing sayd it does not benefit a coins image. Wish i could write different, but thats how i see it. Its not a darkcoin issue alone, bitcoin did it already.

The difference is, most of the coins have been redistributed long time ago - sold and given away, so it's not an issue.

Oh rly? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0

As i tried to line out, theres no valid reason im aware of (if oyu know one, please introduce me) why a coin has to be heavily distributed while there’s no economy around it.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:17:17 PM

Well I can certainly see how the whole issue might taint the image of an otherwise good coin. But what I wonder is, why is it now that this issue is being brought up?

3 months ago when this coin was worth 1/10th of its value on C-CEX, no one brought this up. In fact people were selling the coins like magic beans here. Evan himself was buying off people. 20K darkcoins were going for less than 1btc.

Now we have people who are popping up out of the wood works to wage a complaint after events such as the intense poloniex dump of about 100k drk that almost killed this coin.

The intense mining of bitcoin by satoshi and the earliest few is a benefit fro them believing in something that people equated to monopoly money at the start. Same thing is happening here. I'm not a major holder of this coin but I have been here for a while and I've seen the issues brought up but its only when the coin is primed for a higher valuation do we hear people moaning about fair distribution. Very childish IMO. The people that were giving out thousands of coins have done their part.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:37:47 PM

As i tried to line out, theres no valid reason im aware of (if oyu know one, please introduce me) why a coin has to be heavily distributed while there’s no economy around it.

It's called a fuck up.  Evan fucked up.  He didn't realize the damage until a block explorer was created, and by then, he had to decide, restart, when everyone had been mining days already, or just go forward.  He would have had a mutiny if he tried to restart, and the coin would have either 1. taken on a life of it's own without Evan, and died or 2. Nobody would come back to mine the second time.  So it was full speed ahead.

I still maintain that most of those coins were redistributed.  Huge numbers of coins were already exchanging hands before an exchange opened up.  They've been selling ever since at a low price.  It's a better distribution than if only miners had the coins, and wouldn't sell 'em.  This is such a dead end point, it's history.  No point in crying over it.  I've been here since the beginning, but I was such a newb, I couldn't get the mining to work (never mined before) until lotterymining opened up, so I ended up mining about 1400 coins, and I bought the rest.  I don't have much money, so buying 600 coins was very hard to do for me as I've been unemployed for quite some time, I just call myself retired.  I have bad arthritis so I can't even do a retail job.  Still, seriously, almost anyone can buy into darkcoin, it'd cost less than mining by a LOT since less than a month out from it's birth.  And the prices have now dropped even more because of our bickering.

Any person who thinks Darkcoin has a great future today has no excuse if they look back a year from now and see it's success, and have to say "gee why didn't I buy any dark back then!"

The opportunity has been here for 3 months now and continues, with prices super low today.  I bought at .0016 and .00146 or so, today it's .00135  I still think I got a deal.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:39:19 PM

Well I can certainly see how the whole issue might taint the image of an otherwise good coin. But what I wonder is, why is it now that this issue is being brought up?

3 months ago when this coin was worth 1/10th of its value on C-CEX, no one brought this up. In fact people were selling the coins like magic beans here. Evan himself was buying off people. 20K darkcoins were going for less than 1btc.

Now we have people who are popping up out of the wood works to wage a complaint after events such as the intense poloniex dump of about 100k drk that almost killed this coin.

The intense mining of bitcoin by satoshi and the earliest few is a benefit fro them believing in something that people equated to monopoly money at the start. Same thing is happening here. I'm not a major holder of this coin but I have been here for a while and I've seen the issues brought up but its only when the coin is primed for a higher valuation do we hear people moaning about fair distribution. Very childish IMO. The people that were giving out thousands of coins have done their part.

I think it is deeply unfair that less than 60 people at WhatsApp get to share $19bn. They are complete bastards entrepreneurs that bring something new to the table.
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:46:00 PM

+1
I understand the apprehension from people in cryptocurrencies, with all the scams. But even a glance at what's going on here will tell you this coin is in a different class.

This is a free market. You don't like the distribution then sell your coins. If you believe Darkcoin has innovation and can make it to the top 10 then buy and hold. What happened on day one is published and acknowledged. It's all out in the open. Do what you want with your own coins. Stop crying about how unfair it is. Vote with your money.

The Developers are public and transparent. How many alt coins have devs who have real names and identities? Is everything going to be perfect? No, but time and time again Evan Duffield has shown extreme competence in handling issues that arise. Keeping the community aware of whats happening and responding to every problem. Every coin is going to go through growing pains, and Darkcoin has come through better each time. You have a better coin, then go there and have at it. The community here is serious about taking this to the top. Let's move on. We have more important things to do.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:50:03 PM

Life isn't freakin fair.

I never grew taller than my sister.

My husband never became a millionaire.

My dad died when I was a girl.

I couldn't get the freakin miner to work on day one.

I had to buy dark to make my goal.

Too freakin bad, I got over it!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:51:49 PM

Hirocoin has nice little feature built in its wallet, which tells you that new update is available. Would be great for Darkcoin to have it in near future.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

Hirocoin has nice little feature built in its wallet, which tells you that new update is available. Would be great for Darkcoin to have it in near future.

I'm adding it to the list, good one!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:58:21 PM

On a more positive note, I would like to offer a 50 DRK bounty for a step by step guide on setting up Masternodes, screenshots would be preferable. I went through LimLim's bounties and it seemed like a fair amount.  I would also like for somebody like Tante, InternetApe, Chaositec or some other respectable member of the community to validate the guide that gets the bounty. I believe some clear directions and best practices for security would go a long way in encouraging people to set up master nodes.

As I understand the more master nodes on launch the better for Darksend. I understand the risks of setting up the nodes it has been discussed but I think we let each person worry about that, I am sure advice on how to setup and protect your node from DDOS,theft, etc would help. In my case I would have an IT professional that I trust implement the guide.  Would somebody be interested in this project?
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

this is true. I bought all of my drk on this forum. I mined about 460 in 12 hrs renting an aws system or three. This was two weeks after it launched. I remember explicitly. The story? Ok, sure, why not. I became overwhelmed by the shitcoins and took a few months away. Came back and saw not drk but ultracoin. (I know, gross). It 'launched' on feb 1 and was abject failure. Completely fubared unminable piece of shit with mining pools charging btc to sign up with. I was pissed but pressed on, wanting to get in on something new. Found drk and gridcoin. Mined drk that day and continued to buy from the forum. Bought hand over fist 20,000 worth of drk from the likes of phm and internetape among others. The opportunity was there to buy. People were selling like mad. The ecology of this coin wasn't mine, hoard price soar sell. It's been mine, sell, price soar, chill, wait for darksend. If you are pissed that you missed the early entry, keep eyes out for another coin launch and mine the hell out of it and hope it rips. If you're pissed because you really like drk and missed the early entry, well, sorry. It's still early, maybe not as early as you'd like, but I wish I had loaded up on light coin when it was $4. Remember when? Remember when it was a $1? I do. I hate that I let that slip, but live and learn. For me the most important things in choosing a coin are the dev, coin specs, and community. Dev and coin specs make sense, no? The community because I would like to invest also in a solid base for which the coin will grow, an active community. Megacoin had that. Dark HAS that. A community in it for the long haul and not pump and dumps. I guess what I am trying to say is, I am sorry that you feel you missed the boat, but, dark has something to offer on a technical level most other coins do not. There was time to get in and I can attest to that. Hell, even upt to feb 5 my inbox was flooded with offers of 10,000's of drk for .2 btc. FLOODED. It was awesome and overwhelming. I am also sorry that you could not get into google when it  was 20 bones, netflix at 50 or apple at 75.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:02:19 PM

Life isn't freakin fair.

looool t'es fr?
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:04:06 PM

I still want to get more darkcoin to make a master node.
sippsnapp

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:04:15 PM

Life isn't freakin fair.

Hehe, i didnt mined fro mday one but could get some coin, also bought for roughly 2 btc. However, i find it sad if something that is really interesting, innovative and wit ha nice community has such flaws. Well we  will see how this plays out, but this fade taste stays. I right now try to decide how much time and effort i should put into darkcoin related projects.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:07:26 PM

It's called a fuck up.  Evan fucked up.  He didn't realize the damage until a block explorer was created, and by then, he had to decide, restart, when everyone had been mining days already, or just go forward.  He would have had a mutiny if he tried to restart, and the coin would have either 1. taken on a life of it's own without Evan, and died or 2. Nobody would come back to mine the second time.  So it was full speed ahead.

I still maintain that most of those coins were redistributed.  Huge numbers of coins were already exchanging hands before an exchange opened up.  They've been selling ever since at a low price.  It's a better distribution than if only miners had the coins, and wouldn't sell 'em.  This is such a dead end point, it's history.  No point in crying over it.  I've been here since the beginning, but I was such a newb, I couldn't get the mining to work (never mined before) until lotterymining opened up, so I ended up mining about 1400 coins, and I bought the rest.  I don't have much money, so buying 600 coins was very hard to do for me as I've been unemployed for quite some time, I just call myself retired.  I have bad arthritis so I can't even do a retail job.  Still, seriously, almost anyone can buy into darkcoin, it'd cost less than mining by a LOT since less than a month out from it's birth.  And the prices have now dropped even more because of our bickering.

Any person who thinks Darkcoin has a great future today has no excuse if they look back a year from now and see it's success, and have to say "gee why didn't I buy any dark back then!"

The opportunity has been here for 3 months now and continues, with prices super low today.  I bought at .0016 and .00146 or so, today it's .00135  I still think I got a deal.

Wow. When DRK hits $250, you'll be rich.  If you need someone to push the wheelbarrow of money around behind you, I'm free that week.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

Hehe, i didnt mined fro mday one but could get some coin, also bought for roughly 2 btc. However, i find it sad if something that is really interesting, innovative and wit ha nice community has such flaws. Well we  will see how this plays out, but this fade taste stays. I right now try to decide how much time and effort i should put into darkcoin related projects.

Yah, the controversies suck and are really getting annoying, LOL.  I don't think in reality it was bad for the coin's economy at all, but all the negativity is certainly not good, unless the hoopla brings more curious eyes to our community and more people join us because of it Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: