Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 [660] 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722710 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:14:00 PM

Wow. When DRK hits $250, you'll be rich.  If you need someone push the wheelbarrow of money around behind you, I'm free that week.

LOL, that would be lovely, but I've yet to have that kind of luck.  However, maybe it's been building up for just this moment in time, LOL.

Just a couple of questions:

1.  Are you cute?

2.  Are you at least 60 years old?

3.  Are you at least 5'10"

4.  Do you have your own place, my hubby is always home, LOL

(joking)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:19:50 PM

On a more positive note, I would like to offer a 50 DRK bounty for a step by step guide on setting up Masternodes, screenshots would be preferable. I went through LimLim's bounties and it seemed like a fair amount.  I would also like for somebody like Tante, InternetApe, Chaositec or some other respectable member of the community to validate the guide that gets the bounty. I believe some clear directions and best practices for security would go a long way in encouraging people to set up master nodes.

As I understand the more master nodes on launch the better for Darksend. I understand the risks of setting up the nodes it has been discussed but I think we let each person worry about that, I am sure advice on how to setup and protect your node from DDOS,theft, etc would help. In my case I would have an IT professional that I trust implement the guide.  Would somebody be interested in this project?

I would gladly do something like this for 50 DRK but you should specify what exactly you ask for because I think Evan's guide is enough as is.
Well, at least I think because my masternode is technically still offline but it seems to be Evan's problem with his initial masternode (reminder: it's beta phase...).
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:28:33 PM

On a more positive note, I would like to offer a 50 DRK bounty for a step by step guide on setting up Masternodes, screenshots would be preferable. I went through LimLim's bounties and it seemed like a fair amount.  I would also like for somebody like Tante, InternetApe, Chaositec or some other respectable member of the community to validate the guide that gets the bounty. I believe some clear directions and best practices for security would go a long way in encouraging people to set up master nodes.

As I understand the more master nodes on launch the better for Darksend. I understand the risks of setting up the nodes it has been discussed but I think we let each person worry about that, I am sure advice on how to setup and protect your node from DDOS,theft, etc would help. In my case I would have an IT professional that I trust implement the guide.  Would somebody be interested in this project?

I would gladly do something like this for 50 DRK but you should specify what exactly you ask for because I think Evan's guide is enough as is.
Well, at least I think because my masternode is technically still offline but it seems to be Evan's problem with his initial masternode (reminder: it's beta phase...).

if one needs a tutorial its eventually a bad idea to host one unless you plan to fully outsource the management.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:29:35 PM

Well i wish i knew about this coin too! I was too busy mining other coins, but it seems people were complaining about it because the developers dropped the number of coins down to 22 million, making the difficulty higher, i also think there was a bug in the code that was giving a high block reward for the first few blocks before they patched it.

The reduction in coins is caused by a 7% reduction in rewards starting January 2015, it hasn't been "felt" yet.  The difficulty climbed because more people started mining it.

Stop telling lies dude. The difficulty didn't change much in the first 24 hrs. Later the retarget time was changed from 1 day to 1 hr.

Is it me or difficulty is stuck at 1.00 for the last 2 hours? The network is around 100Mh/s, and we are solving blocks faster than every 5 minutes, shouldn't diff be higher?

Yeah, it's been around 12 hours now and difficulty changed only few times. In the code there is:

static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 24 * 60 * 60; // Xcoin: 1 day
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 2.5 * 60; // Xcoin: 2.5 minutes
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

so interval between difficulty changes is 24 * 60 / 2.5 = 576 blocks. For me it looks like the target difficulty adjustment period is 1 day, not 1 hour.

You're correct.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:33:13 PM

why it's the best coin ?

Probably because he instamined it or bought too much.

I love how mining at the beginning of the launch is now synonymous with instamining. Lots of sore miners showing up in here.

It's synonymous with instamining because there is no other way to describe 50% of currently available coins being released in 24hrs. After block 4500 the reward dropped from 500 to 56, and the difficulty retarget was changed from 24hrs to 1hr. It's one the most terrible launches I've ever seen. I wish it had been done right in the start. It just looks bad, and the bad press will unfortunately open the door up for numerous "fairdark" clones.

I'm not a "sore miner' as I was mining xcoin a few days after launch, although I didn't know about the instamine at the time. You could also argue that I benefited from buying at low prices, which I did, but it doesn't mean I don't care about the blatant instamine. Something like that will haunt a coin. People hate quark because of its "unfair" distribution.

People in general and miners are a different issue. The cryptocommunity is so self-absorbed that it lacks the understanding that cryptos are far broader than their mining. You see people saying "oh, it's over, ASICs came" and what they really mean is that's its over from their own mining perspective even if a coin like Bitcoin goes up a few hundred times in price. It's no wonder why miners are so low in the "food chain" of cryptoland (miners < traders < investors). It's also no wonder why miners lose so many of their BTCs by engaging in scams, pump and dumps etc.

There are coins out there with IPOs / ICOs, serious premines, full premines and PoS. Compared to all these anomalies, an accelerated mining curve is pretty fair - you just have to be there to mine (I wasn't). If i was there, I'd get coins. The premine gives me 0 chance to get coins so it's a wholly different game.

If you aren't there, you can then say "ok I missed the train", you can say "I can buy from those who were in the train for cheap", or you can invest / mine later because you still think there is potential for growth beyond the first days boom. It's like Bitcoin... People were selling for a couple of dollars and thinking they got the best deal of their lives.

As for the fairDRK, in general people aren't kind to shitclones. You either bring something to the table or you are dealt like a shitcoin that you are. And, given that DarkSend is a new feature, I wouldn't like to be hanging from the main devs balls to provide me with a fix if a problem occurs because I've no idea how to fix it on my own. Even quark with the 97-98% early distrib was not "bettered" by one of its multiple clones despite its image being trashed. I think there's a coin called FairQRK or something and others with other names - none of them is doing good really.

When people try to benefit from the work of other people (clone a coin and expect to make money) it imprints in their subconscious that they are useless. The ultimate form of programming is not in computer code but in mind code. The computer code is simply an analogy that will make people realize the mind code (later on).

Coding the mind is a process which is usually performed indirectly, through every action or thought that we make. For example, if I steal something, my subconscious is observing my action and then thinks to itself "since I'm stealing, I'm obviously useless to gain what I want on merit, otherwise why would I steal? By the mere fact that I'm stealing, I accept that I'm useless".

Cheating, stealing, leeching etc etc, all those behaviors self-program one's mind into limitation through subconscious self-suggestions / self-admissions of inadequacy, which are very strong as they are reinforced by one's conscious thoughts and actions. Humanity doesn't even need karma or hell to penalize the "wrongdoers".

Every negative act that one does versus others is an automatic self-programming into limitation. For example if I want to gain something against another by tricking them, then I'm registering a subconscious self-admission that I am useless to excel with my own capabilities without dirty tricks. This self-admission becomes a strong subconscious self-suggestion that then limits my mind's creative capacities. Why would I want to limit myself in this way? People only do it because they are unaware of the hidden cost of their actions and thoughts.

Society will tell us "do whatever you have to, and its ok if you are not get caught" yet the subconscious always monitors everything and makes its conclusions which in turn are programming our capabilities and limitations.

Every time we are "caught" it registers self-limiting admissions that restrict our innate (enormous) capabilities and potential. It says "if I'm stealing / cheating / advancing against others by harming them or ripping them off etc etc, it's obviously because I can't do it on my own capabilities". And this creates a feedback loop where the same behavior is replayed and the same mindset is calcified into further self-limitation, where eventually the mind can only act in a parasitic way, instead of a creative way where it can stand on its own and excel.

When I see a shit-clone, I know what I'm seeing: Some poor guy who wants to get a quick buck by cloning something else and thinking that this is the "way" to go (for his pocket). He doesn't know that at that instant he is also registering his own inadequacy. And that inadequacy will show up later for everyone who'll "trust him" as a coin dev to do things right, when in fact he never had to make anything, or gain experiences through trial and error. This is a huge "no-no" for the backer of a coin, unless the time-span of involvement for the backer is a short one (mine & dump, pump & dump, etc). Long-term however is problematic.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:35:14 PM

I would like a Masternodes For Dummies Guide in the lines of:

• 1. Install your server with Ubuntu 64 or whatever is preferable etc.. make sure you set it up in a certain way.
  • 2. Set up the IP and configure it in a certain way...
  • 3. Install the client and modify the configuration files in a certain way...
  • 4. Make sure you configure you Firewall like X.. I  have a Fortinet 80C is that enough?...
  • 5. To protect your wallet.dat make sure you encrypt it and dont expose it etc.. (Best Practices)...
  • 6. How to prevent and what to do in case of an attack?..

Something like this with screenshots is what I am looking for... And any other best practices advice you may find useful... I am basically in need of some consulting.. But would like to memorialize it in a guide so other people like me can benefit to.

Is it more clear?

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:36:37 PM

if one needs a tutorial its eventually a bad idea to host one unless you plan to fully outsource the management.

Thank you thats my plan I have a high level IT professional that will do it, but he has no previous Crypto experience so a guide would go a long way.
anonuser777

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

why it's the best coin ?

I love how mining at the beginning of the launch is now synonymous with instamining. Lots of sore miners showing up in here.

It's synonymous with instamining because there is no other way to describe 50% of currently available coins being released in 24hrs. After block 4500 the reward dropped from 500 to 56, and the difficulty retarget was changed from 24hrs to 1hr. It's one the most terrible launches I've ever seen. I wish it had been done right in the start. It just looks bad, and the bad press will unfortunately open the door up for numerous "fairdark" clones.

I'm not a "sore miner' as I was mining xcoin a few days after launch, although I didn't know about the instamine at the time. You could also argue that I benefited from buying at low prices, which I did, but it doesn't mean I don't care about the blatant instamine. Something like that will haunt a coin. People hate quark because of its "unfair" distribution.

People in general and miners are a different issue. The cryptocommunity is so self-absorbed that it lacks the understanding that cryptos are far broader than their mining. You see people saying "oh, it's over, ASICs came" and what they really mean is that's its over from their own mining perspective even if a coin like Bitcoin goes up a few hundred times in price. It's no wonder why miners are so low in the "food chain" of cryptoland (miners < traders < investors). It's also no wonder why miners lose so many of their BTCs by engaging in scams, pump and dumps etc.

People in general are harsher than this community. A lot people call bitcoin a ponzi scheme. They wonder why they should invest just line the pockets of early adopters. The same thing will happen to dark. Without a relatively flat rewards schedule, people dismiss it as a ponzi. Sure, some will buy in, as you can see with bitcoin, but it hinders mass adoption.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

Thank you thats my plan I have a high level IT professional that will do it, but he has no previous Crypto experience so a guide would go a long way.

A high level IT professional with no crypto experience? Dude, get another one  Grin
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:41:33 PM

Well i wish i knew about this coin too! I was too busy mining other coins, but it seems people were complaining about it because the developers dropped the number of coins down to 22 million, making the difficulty higher, i also think there was a bug in the code that was giving a high block reward for the first few blocks before they patched it.

The reduction in coins is caused by a 7% reduction in rewards starting January 2015, it hasn't been "felt" yet.  The difficulty climbed because more people started mining it.

Stop telling lies dude. The difficulty didn't change much in the first 24 hrs. Later the retarget time was changed from 1 day to 1 hr.

Is it me or difficulty is stuck at 1.00 for the last 2 hours? The network is around 100Mh/s, and we are solving blocks faster than every 5 minutes, shouldn't diff be higher?

Yeah, it's been around 12 hours now and difficulty changed only few times. In the code there is:

static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 24 * 60 * 60; // Xcoin: 1 day
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 2.5 * 60; // Xcoin: 2.5 minutes
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

so interval between difficulty changes is 24 * 60 / 2.5 = 576 blocks. For me it looks like the target difficulty adjustment period is 1 day, not 1 hour.

You're correct.

How am I lying.  The person said "developers dropped the number of coins down to 22 million, making the difficulty higher" but that was a recent change, voted  on to reduce number of coins and give a set possible number of coins to be minted.  That did nothing to the difficulty.  And you're  quoting something from day two.

Boy, that's a strong word, lying, why would you accuse someone of something so strong off the bat.  Please read the comment over again and make sure you understand what you're reading before accusing someone of lying.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:42:56 PM

why it's the best coin ?

People in general are harsher than this community. A lot people call bitcoin a ponzi scheme. They wonder why they should invest just line the pockets of early adopters. The same thing will happen to dark. Without a relatively flat rewards schedule, people dismiss it as a ponzi. Sure, some will buy in, as you can see with bitcoin, but it hinders mass adoption.

Lol you think the bitcoin distribution hindered adoption? don't be silly. The people crying about bitcoin wallets are drops in the bucket compared to the tidal wave of money from wall street that will pour in once bitcoin has more rigorous regulatory infrastructure.
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:43:04 PM

a lot of narrow sighted people use the word ponzi..

just saying..

It's amazing how people can live in the past. So what of it?

invest or don't that's what you can do from here on...

Do you think DRK is overvalued at the current price compared to what it offers? well then you are just another idiot.

Focus on what matters
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:44:46 PM

A high level IT professional with no crypto experience? Dude, get another one  Grin

I could but would like somebody without a vested interest to execute, so I am hoping on guidance from the community so somebody who knows his sh*t can implement. I also need somebody I can trust and have direct access to in case of an issue.
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

If hes high level tux he wont need any dummy guide, srsly, damn i have to go off for the day, cya guys.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:48:19 PM

AlexGR

Mind= Blown
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:48:29 PM

Quietly in the background, the network is EXPLODING
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:49:28 PM

I understand that. But those who want to pull the ponzi argument, they can use it for every single coin, whether it's bitcoin, litecoin or anything. Because the logic is still there: The buyer who bought at 1$ needs a buyer at 2$, who'll need a buyer at 4$, who'll need a buyer at 8-16-32-64$ to make 100%. The stock market, real estate, all are called "bubbles", in the same sense. Someone is waiting for another to buy his own stuff for more than he bought it. If it doesn't happen the bubble is burst.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:53:32 PM

I would like a Masternodes For Dummies Guide in the lines of:

• 1. Install your server with Ubuntu 64 or whatever is preferable etc.. make sure you set it up in a certain way.
  • 2. Set up the IP and configure it in a certain way...
  • 3. Install the client and modify the configuration files in a certain way...
  • 4. Make sure you configure you Firewall like X.. I  have a Fortinet 80C is that enough?...
  • 5. To protect your wallet.dat make sure you encrypt it and dont expose it etc.. (Best Practices)...
  • 6. How to prevent and what to do in case of an attack?..

Something like this with screenshots is what I am looking for... And any other best practices advice you may find useful... I am basically in need of some consulting.. But would like to memorialize it in a guide so other people like me can benefit to.

Is it more clear?

I appreciate everybody's input, I would still like the guide and I think it would be enlightening. So janos666 can we do this? I am willing to advance 25DRK so you know you are not wasting your time?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:55:11 PM

There are coins out there with IPOs / ICOs, serious premines, full premines and PoS. Compared to all these anomalies, an accelerated mining curve is pretty fair - you just have to be there to mine (I wasn't). If i was there, I'd get coins. The premine gives me 0 chance to get coins so it's a wholly different game.

If you aren't there, you can then say "ok I missed the train", you can say "I can buy from those who were in the train for cheap", or you can invest / mine later because you still think there is potential for growth beyond the first days boom. It's like Bitcoin... People were selling for a couple of dollars and thinking they got the best deal of their lives.

As for the fairDRK, in general people aren't kind to shitclones. You either bring something to the table or you are dealt like a shitcoin that you are. And, given that DarkSend is a new feature, I wouldn't like to be hanging from the main devs balls to provide me with a fix if a problem occurs because I've no idea how to fix it on my own. Even quark with the 97-98% early distrib was not "bettered" by one of its multiple clones despite its image being trashed. I think there's a coin called FairQRK or something and others with other names - none of them is doing good really.

When people try to benefit from the work of other people (clone a coin and expect to make money) it imprints in their subconscious that they are useless. The ultimate form of programming is not in computer code but in mind code. The computer code is simply an analogy that will make people realize the mind code (later on).

Coding the mind is a process which is usually performed indirectly, through every action or thought that we make. For example, if I steal something, my subconscious is observing my action and then thinks to itself "since I'm stealing, I'm obviously useless to gain what I want on merit, otherwise why would I steal? By the mere fact that I'm stealing, I accept that I'm useless".

Cheating, stealing, leeching etc etc, all those behaviors self-program one's mind into limitation through subconscious self-suggestions / self-admissions of inadequacy, which are very strong as they are reinforced by one's conscious thoughts and actions. Humanity doesn't even need karma or hell to penalize the "wrongdoers".

Every negative act that one does versus others is an automatic self-programming into limitation. For example if I want to gain something against another by tricking them, then I'm registering a subconscious self-admission that I am useless to excel with my own capabilities without dirty tricks. This self-admission becomes a strong subconscious self-suggestion that then limits my mind's creative capacities. Why would I want to limit myself in this way? People only do it because they are unaware of the hidden cost of their actions and thoughts.

Society will tell us "do whatever you have to, and its ok if you are not get caught" yet the subconscious always monitors everything and makes its conclusions which in turn are programming our capabilities and limitations.

Every time we are "caught" it registers self-limiting admissions that restrict our innate (enormous) capabilities and potential. It says "if I'm stealing / cheating / advancing against others by harming them or ripping them off etc etc, it's obviously because I can't do it on my own capabilities". And this creates a feedback loop where the same behavior is replayed and the same mindset is calcified into further self-limitation, where eventually the mind can only act in a parasitic way, instead of a creative way where it can stand on its own and excel.

When I see a shit-clone, I know what I'm seeing: Some poor guy who wants to get a quick buck by cloning something else and thinking that this is the "way" to go (for his pocket). He doesn't know that at that instant he is also registering his own inadequacy. And that inadequacy will show up later for everyone who'll "trust him" as a coin dev to do things right, when in fact he never had to make anything, or gain experiences through trial and error. This is a huge "no-no" for the backer of a coin, unless the time-span of involvement for the backer is a short one (mine & dump, pump & dump, etc). Long-term however is problematic.

Wow, I never thought of it that way!  I mean, I can see one point where you would be wrong, and that is if it were a psychopath.  They actually lack a conscience, and are approximately 1% of the population.  Only a very few commit big crimes like murder, but that's because they still are interested in self preservation.  Most just create havoc on their "friends" (whom they only care about in as much as what they can provide) and family.  I've gotten to know 3 of them in my lifetime, and hope to figure it out quickly so as not to get caught up in any again in the future, LOL

Otherwise, this is a very interesting thought.  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
anonuser777

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:56:16 PM

Lol you think the bitcoin distribution hindered adoption? don't be silly. The people crying about bitcoin wallets are drops in the bucket compared to the tidal wave of money from wall street that will pour in once bitcoin has more rigorous regulatory infrastructure.

Here maybe not, but out in the real world it does. Ask anyone or just read the comments about bitcoin on zerohedge.com for example (ok, not strictly real world, but still).

I understand that. But those who want to pull the ponzi argument, they can use it for every single coin, whether it's bitcoin, litecoin or anything. Because the logic is still there: The buyer who bought at 1$ needs a buyer at 2$, who'll need a buyer at 4$, who'll need a buyer at 8-16-32-64$ to make 100%. The stock market, real estate, all are called "bubbles", in the same sense. Someone is waiting for another to buy his own stuff for more than he bought it. If it doesn't happen the bubble is burst.

Yes, but DRK with a 50% instamine is particularly at risk of being labeled a ponzi.

Anyway, I'll stop posting this same shit here, it's not particularly constructive and the thread is bloated enough already.
Pages: « 1 ... 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 [660] 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: