Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:57:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722706 times)
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:46:16 AM

Asking this question again, in case this gets lost among the flood of message:
What's the latest best-guess on when Dark Send will be fully released? Really think that's key to get the price back to where it should've been by now.
You want an exchange rate rise? Get DRK on Bter and/or BTC38 and it'll increase demand by a large amount. For the life of me, I can't understand why these Chinese exchanges have BTC and CNY trading pairs for total shitcoins yet they blissfully ignore DRK.

You can count on Bter and BTC38 to follow the herd - these exchanges follow the money (or the perceived money). They follow the growth. When DRK show's growth, they'll pop up. That's why I ask for a guesstimate on when Darksend will come out fully from beta.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:08:21 AM

can I be running a regular darkcoind node and a master node at the same time, or will I be, if I run a Master node?

Only one.

With some trick, running a regular darkcoind node and a master node at the same time is possible.
(change data directory, change port, change rpcport)

Maybe it'll be something available in the future?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:17:34 AM

can I be running a regular darkcoind node and a master node at the same time, or will I be, if I run a Master node?

Only one.

With some trick, running a regular darkcoind node and a master node at the same time is possible.

If there is an option like "do not touch(send from) 1000 DRK for Masternode". Smiley
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:31:21 AM

The price of bitcoin may get a little hairy soon.

The closer we get to 15 April when China exchanges are rumoured to be prevented from using their own corporate bank accounts for BTC and alt-coin to fiat conversions, the wilder things will get.

Official confirmation to the contrary may stop the run on Bitcoin and Litecoin. And it is feasible that the bulk of selling has largely taken place.

If anyone gets the urge to sell some DRK for fiat if bitcoin takes a nose dive. PM me. I might be interested, at the right price.

bump
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:06:19 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 09:32:50 AM by coins101

So I just realized how stupid it is to ask people to dump a few DRK my way while a) saying the price will shoot through the roof to $250 in a few months, and b)

I read the annual statement of Bitcoin Foundation chairman Peter something which was put out at the weekend. And its been bugging me.

The main thrust of the statement is privacy from the block chain.

The statement says that bitcoin should avoid adding any data to the block chain, colored coins and the like, and then quickly moves on to talk about how there is too much data that can be pulled out of the block chain.  This leads to support for zerocash and zerocoin.

My view is that the bitcoin foundation is saying bitcoin will be replaced by zerocash or it needs to introduce zerocoin into bitcoin. The problem bitcoin has is that it wants to put out a friendly face to the regulatory community. So zerocash should be supported (why else mention it in the official statement), probably as a test bed, and once regulations are in place and the issues of internet cash off the block chain are debated in the media, then there should be some bitcoin moves towards anonymity off the block chain.

If this is right, please help here with the assessment because this could be the theme for DRK PR, then anonymity is of front and centre importance which could impact every single alt-coin without an anonymity strategy.

Back to a): I'm changing my bid from $250 to $550.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=679
reflexmk

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:21:12 AM

Hi, I'm new to darkcoin and x11 mining, can someone please shere optimal settings for 280 dual-x? what WU is expected with this cards?

I'm using -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --gpu-powertune 20 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-fan 50, and getting WU 0.03-0.031 per card (on a rig with 4 cards)

Thanks Smiley

Try here

https://www.darkcointalk.org/forums/mining.3/

There is a thread with settings.

didnt find anything there, and WU droped to 0.027 after 3 hours. Anyone with a better config?

BUMP, no one to help?

edit, thanks alot @blajde. cheers

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
chaeplin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:31:33 AM

Hi, I'm new to darkcoin and x11 mining, can someone please shere optimal settings for 280 dual-x? what WU is expected with this cards?

I'm using -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --gpu-powertune 20 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-fan 50, and getting WU 0.03-0.031 per card (on a rig with 4 cards)

Thanks Smiley

Try here

https://www.darkcointalk.org/forums/mining.3/

There is a thread with settings.

didnt find anything there, and WU droped to 0.027 after 3 hours. Anyone with a better config?

BUMP, no one to help?

edit, thanks alot @blajde. cheers

I am using p2pool. Don't care WU. Oh I have found a block.
Code:
2 XFX 280X(undervolted)
--worksize 256 \
--thread-concurrency 8192 \
--gpu-threads 2 \
--gpu-engine 1040 \
--gpu-memclock 1500 \
--gpu-platform 0 \
--temp-target 75 \
--temp-cutoff 90 \
--shaders 2048 \
--lookup-gap 2 \
--intensity 13 \
--log 1 \
--queue 0 \
--auto-fan \
--worktime

sgminer 4.1.0-96-g983e - Started: [2014-04-10 04:40:14]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1s):3.898M (avg):3.853Mh/s | A:44  R:0  HW:1  WU:0.054/m
ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 324  LW: 105013  GF: 0  RF: 0
Connected to Pool 1 (stratum) diff 0.005 as user my_darkcoin_address+0.005
Block: 67d29725...  Diff:475  Started: [18:24:13]  Best share: 2.23K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[P]ool management [G]PU management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 GPU 0:  66.0C 1111RPM | 1.951M/1.931Mh/s | R:  0.7% HW:0 WU:0.027/m I:13
 GPU 1:  60.0C 1035RPM | 1.941M/1.921Mh/s | R:  0.8% HW:1 WU:0.026/m I:13
[18:24:15] Stratum from Pool 0 requested work restart
[18:24:20] Stratum from Pool 0 requested work restart
[18:24:21] Stratum from Pool 0 requested work restart
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:16:16 AM

Only one.

If there is an option like "do not touch(send from) 1000 DRK for Masternode". Smiley

I think it's already there. You just need to enable the "coin control (experts only)" option for the QT GUI or alternatively use "raw transactions" (works for both GUI and rpc daemon).

---

By the way... Is there a particular reason why my earlier questions about masternode operations got practically zero responses while the topic moved on? Roll Eyes
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:45:42 AM

I think it's already there. You just need to enable the "coin control (experts only)" option for the QT GUI or alternatively use "raw transactions" (works for both GUI and rpc daemon).

---

By the way... Is there a particular reason why my earlier questions about masternode operations got practically zero responses while the topic moved on? Roll Eyes

I believe that when you retrieve a private key in a wallet, it becomes one with the wallet, and it can get all messed up if you tried to reuse that private key again.  I could be wrong about that, but I happened to ask that very question tonight in the Darkcointalk forum.  Hopefully someone will know the answer.  But I made test paper wallets and retrieved them into my wallet, and I don't see how that can be separated again.  It was as if the paper wallet and my computer wallet were merged.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
chaeplin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:02:43 AM

I made a post about darkcoin innovations to keep a track of who is using them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563075.msg6139074#msg6139074

can you keep me updated when you see another coin adopting Evans work.

thanks.

Frycoin
Scrypt + DGW(24h -> KGW -> DGW)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449648.0
https://github.com/Frycoins/Frycoin/commits/master

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

I made a post about darkcoin innovations to keep a track of who is using them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563075.msg6139074#msg6139074

can you keep me updated when you see another coin adopting Evans work.

thanks.

Frycoin
Scrypt + DGW(24h -> KGW -> DGW)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449648.0
https://github.com/Frycoins/Frycoin/commits/master

thanks!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:46:46 AM

Is there a way to create nodes as a service (NaaS)?

TanteStefana, aka Mrs Robinson, is doing quite a bit of work getting up to speed on how to run a masternode. For those that are not as curious, is there a way to enable off the street investors to run them with the help of others or hosted by others?

Maybe two factor authentication added to double encrypted masternode wallets with an email confirmation required to break the chain as well?

If something could be done, a) darkcoin can get more nodes; and b) when the darkcoin clones pop-up darkcoin could charge a fortune for enabling the running of the nodes and those with a more technical bias can have a new sideline.
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:05:31 PM

TanteStefana, aka Mrs Robinson, is doing quite a bit of work getting up to speed on how to run a masternode. For those that are not as curious, is there a way to enable off the street investors to run them with the help of others or hosted by others?

Maybe two factor authentication added to double encrypted masternode wallets with an email confirmation required to break the chain as well?

If something could be done, a) darkcoin can get more nodes; and b) when the darkcoin clones pop-up darkcoin could charge a fortune for enabling the running of the nodes and those with a more technical bias can have a new sideline.
How about making them much cheaper with an idiots' guide to setting up a secure master node so the main danger is DDOS. After all, if the main danger of running a master node becomes a DDOS attack, wouldn't it be better to have as many nodes running as possible? That way it would be basically impossible to DDOS all of them. If pretty much anyone is able to run a master node, people may look at it as a way of increasing their DRK holdings (kind of like interest) while securing the network at the same time.

If there are more master nodes is it less likely it is for somebody to gain control of the network buy buying DRK to run master nodes? If they can run 1 master node with an investment of 1000 DRK, everybody else can too, and if they can run 100 master nodes with 1000 DRK, everybody else can too. One key difference of a cheaper barrier to entry for master nodes would also mean that there could be more master nodes with different IP addresses. Maybe I'm completely missing something here, because I don't fully understand the technical side of things but I imagine that once the master nodes are set up (if they are done properly) it is almost a case of set and forget, just making sure to keep on top of any security vulnerabilities.

I think it's worth pointing out that possessing 1000 DRK doesn't necessarily mean that somebody has the technical know how  to run a master node, nor does holding less than 1000 DRK mean that somebody is technically incapable of running one.
chaeplin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:23:29 PM

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/mnkr9BbiBVmtyiRE8zBBzXtzyswEnDm1yN

May be ~ 150MH/s solo ?
infra172

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:25:34 PM

Dark siitting in the shadows hasnt done it any harm, its price is very stable

Stable prices
Let us to see the rise of hope
Waiting

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:26:03 PM

How about making them much cheaper with an idiots' guide to setting up a secure master node so the main danger is DDOS. After all, if the main danger of running a master node becomes a DDOS attack, wouldn't it be better to have as many nodes running as possible? That way it would be basically impossible to DDOS all of them. If pretty much anyone is able to run a master node, people may look at it as a way of increasing their DRK holdings (kind of like interest) while securing the network at the same time.

If there are more master nodes is it less likely it is for somebody to gain control of the network buy buying DRK to run master nodes? If they can run 1 master node with an investment of 1000 DRK, everybody else can too, and if they can run 100 master nodes with 1000 DRK, everybody else can too. One key difference of a cheaper barrier to entry for master nodes would also mean that there could be more master nodes with different IP addresses. Maybe I'm completely missing something here, because I don't fully understand the technical side of things but I imagine that once the master nodes are set up (if they are done properly) it is almost a case of set and forget, just making sure to keep on top of any security vulnerabilities.

I think it's worth pointing out that possessing 1000 DRK doesn't necessarily mean that somebody has the technical know how  to run a master node, nor does holding less than 1000 DRK mean that somebody is technically incapable of running one.

I think Evan is right about creating a financial barrier to protect the anonymity network.

There should be some way to get people together to afford to run nodes. Escrow, into a NaaS would be one way.
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:28:05 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 12:45:01 PM by janos666

---

I believe that when you retrieve a private key in a wallet, it becomes one with the wallet, and it can get all messed up if you tried to reuse that private key again.  I could be wrong about that, but I happened to ask that very question tonight in the Darkcointalk forum.  Hopefully someone will know the answer.  But I made test paper wallets and retrieved them into my wallet, and I don't see how that can be separated again.  It was as if the paper wallet and my computer wallet were merged.

Yeah. That's exatly the pint of importing a private key from a paper wallet (or similar offline storage) to a wallet.dat (or similar online wallet)
Your wallet.dat has no other important informations (it does store other things but nothing crucial) but a number of private keys (encrypted or not and with or without a corresponding public key -> the public key can be calculated from the private key any time, so no need to calculate and store it before you need it).

If we take Bitcoin for an example, you can do this:
- generate new wallet.dat from scratch (and thus generate a new private key)
- dump the (or actually one of the many from the keypool) private key(s) from that wallet.dat
- print this private key on a paper
- send coins to the public key (again, this can be calculated from the private key)
- either burn the paper wallet or securely erase the wallet.dat of your drive(s) (or encrypt it with an unknown, unrecorded random password)
- use the remaining copy(s) of your private key(s) to spend your coins

You can have as many copies of either (wallet.dat and paper wallet) as you wish, but you only need one.

Paper wallets and wallet.dat files are only a container for the private key (which is the single important thing) and optionally the public key (for the ease of the human user who can't calculate it on his head if he needs the public key only).

Well, I could theoretically test this ... if I were very rich:
- send coins to a fresh DRK address
- dump the private key and print it (or secure it by other means, doesn't really matter, I could theoretically also memorize it if I actually could)
- start a masternode which uses this address for masternode qualification
- shut down this masternode and try to spend the coins by using my private key in a different only wallet (import it to a new wallet.dat)

I guess it would work. I shud work. It must work. But... Evan said something what confused me if it really works and he haven't respond since. Huh
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:32:27 PM

just got another 1300BC

i know have 5300BC.

going long on BC Cool
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

just got another 1300BC

i know have 5300BC.

going long on BC Cool

Try these

infra172

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:37:50 PM

Depend of happenings during time i think price will be somewhere between $15-20 and $30-50 in normal circumstances, but with implementation of some more new unique things Evan mentioned before he has in mind maybe price will go over $50 and maybe even over $100 though...

What a wonderful future
Investors want to see the scene
I hope so

Smiley Smiley Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: