Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:33:28 AM

Guys please investigate and do some research before you post, look at the wallet distribution. Only the top accounts have a lot of coins. Which includes those of tradingplatforms. After the top 10 wallets, the next wallets have considerable less coins. Compare to any other altcoin distribution over wallets outstanding is much fairer.

Those huge wallets that supposedly belong to exchanges mean that there are lots of coins hanging there ready to be sold.

That's the way it is with every coin. I guess all of cryptocurrency is about to crash by this logic. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:34:32 AM

Price-wise, probably one of the more frustrating coins... Has a ton of potential, yet the price keeps getting hammered down repeatedly. Something not adding up.

10% insta-mine total coins.

which means 50% insta-mine coins of currently in circulation.

which means instant dump by the few who owns it as soon as the price moves up a bit

which means price will not be high for at least 6 months.

to make matters even worse they decreased the number of coins from 80 mil to 20 mil which makes the coin distribution even more unfair.

Yet apparently worth your time to troll. Cheesy

Of course, perhaps your time is just worth very little. The hardcore facts suggest so.

Don't call him a troll - he's right. It would explain what's wrong with this coin marketwise. Every time it makes headway towards 20, no matter how strong or substantive the news, it gets dragged down (I wouldn't say hammered). My question, to Darkcoin believers, and to those who know how much of this "overhead supply" is out there - how long before it's run down?

Is 6-months a likely scenario - is that how much longer there is to wait before the road is cleared so this coin can rise above 20? And for those asking for patience, it's been like this for weeks/months while a number of other coins, with much less substance/news, have soared. The opportunity cost for holders of this coin has been huge (then again, so has the benefit of being spared from the volatility of scam/blipcoins).

I'm hopeful Darksend coming out to full release and the marketing push will help give this coin the massive attention it deserves. But dont dismiss those frustrated with its treatment on the exchanges so far - its price behavior has not been normal.

I dont think you're right, this coin has gone through many stages, it's pretty unlikely that someone knew how big this coin would become when it was called xCoin, had a few people involved and had got almost no attention. Anonymity has only come into works the last 2 months, before that it was a matter of belief and speculation.
Perhaps some people own a big percentage of the coins, but that could just as well be due to someone buying up a lot of cheap coins in the start.
Also, there is no coin with a fair distribution, it's all about gambling, speculation and innovation.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 08:50:35 AM

there is no coin with a fair distribution

yeah. you tell yourself that.

there are coins with only 0.2% premined.

not like 50% instamined dark coins (50% of in circulation)

also very rarely devs decrease the number of coins just to increase the value of their already-high-number-of-coins.

most people who post and read these forums are knowledgable and smart. they know what you are doing.
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:56:21 AM

not like 50% instamined coins (50% of in circulation)

also very rarely devs decrease the number of coins just to increase the value of their already-high-number-of-coins.

most people who post and read these forums are knowledgable and smart. they know what you are doing.
So what are you suggesting?

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 09:00:43 AM

So what are you suggesting?

they can undo 1 of the mistakes they have had.

increase the number of coins back to its original (and intended) value.

this would dilute their holdings a bit and would make the coin distribution more fair for future-miners.
brianbbad

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:03:31 AM

Are people required by law to post pointless whining/bragging on the forums? If you think DRK is so horrible, or you don't like the current price, or you bought some blackcoin right before it exploded in value... go snapchat it to your friends or something, nobody on the forum wants to hear about it.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:09:21 AM

Guys please investigate and do some research before you post, look at the wallet distribution. Only the top accounts have a lot of coins. Which includes those of tradingplatforms. After the top 10 wallets, the next wallets have considerable less coins. Compare to any other altcoin distribution over wallets outstanding is much fairer.

Those huge wallets that supposedly belong to exchanges mean that there are lots of coins hanging there ready to be sold.
If the large holders are keeping their coins in exchanges , then it probably means they want to be able to sell them.
How much of the large holdings are in exchanges
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:10:10 AM

Are people required by law to post pointless whining/bragging on the forums? If you think DRK is so horrible, or you don't like the current price, or you bought some blackcoin right before it exploded in value... go snapchat it to your friends or something, nobody on the forum wants to hear about it.
As a Darkcoin holder, I'd like to hear all points of view.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:11:17 AM

I only have one concern with DRK.
The only real problem DRK might run into is regulators....and  the name Darkcoin is like a red rag to a bull

Regulators can only control fiat, not crypto. You can't effectively regulate bits and bytes, to think one can is foolish.

The days of government are numbered since their ability to track wealth is.

1. They're foolish.
2. They still have us outgunned.

But I'm with you, comrade! Wink

The general consensus by regulators seems to be this:

1. If you are moving digital coins around, there is no real problem. They think of it as la-la land, i.e. not real.
2. If you are moving out of la-la land and transacting digital coins with fiat, then the choke points where fiat enters and exists or is used as part of the exchange execution, then KYC has to be applied ( or in the case of China, informally-formally banned).

The problem with darkcoin is not regulators cracking down on it. There have already been statements around zerocash that the choke points are the primary areas of concern. 

The issue is finding a way for merchants to feel comfortable with using it. For that I think some integration with third party kyc providers is a way forward. That way it is optional - if a merchant demands it in order to use darkcoin, then you can choose to transact with that merchant.

You know what got me into crypto? I saw an interview on Youtube with a Texas gun store owner, the first in the country to accept BTC directly. When the rednecks would rather have crypto than fiat, you know the world is changing. (No disrespect to my Texas brethren, I'm a gun totin' Brit - yes, we do exist!)

The choke points you mention are disappearing. I can buy plenty of stuff without fiat, and that's improving every day.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:12:27 AM

not like 50% instamined dark coins (50% of in circulation)
A Darkcoin clone with a different distribution may do better.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:20:17 AM

There is not too much trading volume out there. Some early holders of Dark are looking to make a quick profit. Which is good for them but will also be good for those who buy their Darks in the longer term. We have to wait for DarkSend to work and for more nodes to be up. Then 15 will most likely be 150 or 200 quite fast.

Typically, markets, even defective ones, are forward-looking. Why hasn't DRK's price been going up in anticipation of that future news?
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:22:00 AM

Don't call him a troll - he's right. It would explain what's wrong with this coin marketwise. Every time it makes headway towards 20, no matter how strong or substantive the news, it gets dragged down (I wouldn't say hammered). My question, to Darkcoin believers, and to those who know how much of this "overhead supply" is out there - how long before it's run down?

Is 6-months a likely scenario - is that how much longer there is to wait before the road is cleared so this coin can rise above 20? And for those asking for patience, it's been like this for weeks/months while a number of other coins, with much less substance/news, have soared. The opportunity cost for holders of this coin has been huge (then again, so has the benefit of being spared from the volatility of scam/blipcoins).

I'm hopeful Darksend coming out to full release and the marketing push will help give this coin the massive attention it deserves. But dont dismiss those frustrated with its treatment on the exchanges so far - its price behavior has not been normal.

I don't know either, but any large holders that dump makes for a healthier coin in the end.  I think we'll survive it though because we have such active developers with excellent ideas and great work ethic (or obsessive, LOL)  Because of our great developers and progress, I don't think that the dumps will be harmful except that the growth in price will continue to be delayed.  However, that means more and more people will purchase darks and the distribution will be very healthy.

Just my opinion though Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
sdersdf2

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:23:45 AM

As a Darkcoin holder, I'd like to hear all points of view.

As would I - including explanations of what's going on, rather than "shut up" comments.
sdersdf2

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:26:26 AM

I don't know either, but any large holders that dump makes for a healthier coin in the end.  I think we'll survive it though because we have such active developers with excellent ideas and great work ethic (or obsessive, LOL)  Because of our great developers and progress, I don't think that the dumps will be harmful except that the growth in price will continue to be delayed.  However, that means more and more people will purchase darks and the distribution will be very healthy.

Just my opinion though Smiley

I agree, long-term. Question is, what's your guess on when DRK's price shakes off its stagnation and takes off?
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:30:30 AM

There is not too much trading volume out there. Some early holders of Dark are looking to make a quick profit. Which is good for them but will also be good for those who buy their Darks in the longer term. We have to wait for DarkSend to work and for more nodes to be up. Then 15 will most likely be 150 or 200 quite fast.

Typically, markets, even defective ones, are forward-looking. Why hasn't DRK's price been going up in anticipation of that future news?

I think it tried to, but as the price rose, large holders decided to sell, which is actually great because it spreads the coins to others, giving them an opportunity to buy.  But how long this kind of thing will last, I have no idea.  All I know is that the coin has great developers, great ideas, has proven itself to work, and is the first one out there that has done such an excellent job.  So I can't see where it will go wrong.

sdersdf2, I think it's going to steadily climb.  Up a bit, down a bit less, up a bit more, down a bit less, etc.... a stead zig zag finding new "bottoms" and then climbing again.  I think there is something different about the people interested in Darkcoin.  Not so quick to jump, therefore not so easy to manipulate.  But of course I may be proven completely wrong???

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:36:22 AM

If the price remains (artificially?) low for a while yet, I'm fine with that! I want to increase my stake by a significant percentage while I can afford to.

Don't really see what people are moaning about. Do you really think the BC/WC day traders are the ones who will have the last laugh? Go join them, good luck.
sdersdf2

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:37:35 AM

I think it tried to, but as the price rose, large holders decided to sell, which is actually great because it spreads the coins to others, giving them an opportunity to buy.  But how long this kind of thing will last, I have no idea.  All I know is that the coin has great developers, great ideas, has proven itself to work, and is the first one out there that has done such an excellent job.  So I can't see where it will go wrong.

sdersdf2, I think it's going to steadily climb.  Up a bit, down a bit less, up a bit more, down a bit less, etc.... a stead zig zag finding new "bottoms" and then climbing again.  I think there is something different about the people interested in Darkcoin.  Not so quick to jump, therefore not so easy to manipulate.  But of course I may be proven completely wrong???

Appreciate the response.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:43:31 AM

Litecoin is officially over.

why do you say that?

A bit of recent X11 enthusiasm no doubt... but I do believe so in any case

Litecoin got big exactly because BTC got invaded with ASICs. LTC was the promiss land for the core principle of BTC, decentralised trust less distributed consensus network, 2.5 minutes instead of 10, all round a much better/stronger coin technically. So GPU miners fled to scrypt to protect their investment.

Come November 13, BTC exploded, taking LTC along with it. The world, myself and my mother found out about BTC. A few million geeks like me quickly understood BTC mining was over and rushed into scrypt. A few million geeks like me almost threw their rigs out the window in rage when, after spending fiat for a 5x 280x rig, only for scrypt-ASIC to hit the market of pre-orders and Gridseeds.

People are starting to dump their rigs on ebay etc, because they know LTC will "die", like BTC, for the small miner very very soon.

In the meantime, everyone in Nov'13 was thinking the same as me... WOW, no .gov, anonymous untraceable geek money, how cool... Well, BTC/LTC is exactly the opposite. It can be anon, but its much more open to scrutiny than an x-ray scan. Its is heaven for NSA

So, when disgruntled GPU miners, the Chinese (and other oppressed...), Silk Roaders and Karpeles (and his ball licking chiwawa) find out about Darksend, Darkcoin and X11, the hash rate will skyrocket. Lets not forget summer is near and the vast majority of GPU miners live on the northern hemisphere.

The real question is, with Darkcoin, why on earth would I need Litecoin for? Its obsolete in all accounts, starting with scrypt. First there was SHA256, then there was Scrypt, now there is X11. Algorithmic fan-club aside, X11 is a dream for managing rigs. Power and heat alone are a reason to shut down the previous algo's entirely, let alone the lack of true innovation.

DRK is the first to bring something actually useful to the table, that is not freakish to understand (ever tried explaining ethereum to anyone?), is everything a crypto-coin should be. Yes, an ASIC could be made for X11, or 13 or X99999^3 - but such a class of computing would equate that of a normal PC for a very very VERY long time.

Darkcoin is like going back in time and starting over fresh and clean, dunno if anyone agrees or not. DRK will explode soon, could even happen before KNC rolls out 250MH/s scrypt ASICs as miners have learnt their lesson with BTC->LTC.

Scrypt-Jane or N are great, but have the same heat/power issues as scrypt. Yet look at Vertcoin's success and rise... LTC miners are jumping on alt.coin lifeboats. When they find how awesome X11 is, they'll have a boner just like I'm having and word spreads properly, DRK will have a massive influx of miners.

So don't go on forum explaining this stuff to everyone, so we can keep the hash rate low and mine big and HODL and secretly buy a Tesla with DRK come Nov'14.

shhhhhh!!

Grin
fra55

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:48:42 AM

Difficulty @ 1008 and now 794?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:52:41 AM

Difficulty @ 1008 and now 794?

> 15GH again.
Pages: « 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 [722] 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: