Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:46:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722525 times)
gotqn

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:30:18 PM

A lot of people get 2.3Mh with their 280x's anyway, and your screenshots prove nothing.
Well, i imagined this kind of response, but i don't know what could prove i have done it without releasing the code. If you have any ideas, please tell me!

Release the code. Smiley

You'll get some donations. Nobody with a brain is going to pay you up front to run unaudited mining software.

I tried that before. Never got a penny. (my Protoshares miner is now used by several noirshares pools and i never seen a peny for it in donations).

I can't understand, too. What if sgminer developers started to ask money for bug fixes or new releases?

If you have made something nice because you are clever, share it with the rest. If you won't share it, after a while your 'fix' will be rediscovered by someone else who will share it.

If you want to make money like this, go to work for the fucking M$

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:31:37 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post it..

Yes, this is not the right place.

So could you please direct me to the right place?

thanks a lot.

www.ebay.com
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:33:44 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post it..

Yes, this is not the right place.

So could you please direct me to the right place?

thanks a lot.

www.ebay.com

http://www.qvc.com
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:36:52 PM

A lot of people get 2.3Mh with their 280x's anyway, and your screenshots prove nothing.
Well, i imagined this kind of response, but i don't know what could prove i have done it without releasing the code. If you have any ideas, please tell me!

Release the code. Smiley

You'll get some donations. Nobody with a brain is going to pay you up front to run unaudited mining software.

I tried that before. Never got a penny. (my Protoshares miner is now used by several noirshares pools and i never seen a peny for it in donations).

I can't understand, too. What if sgminer developers started to ask money for bug fixes or new releases?

If you have made something nice because you are clever, share it with the rest. If you won't share it, after a while your 'fix' will be rediscovered by someone else who will share it.

Well, you are saying that i should help people make money (literally), by mining but that i should not get any money for it? really???!
No one will "rediscover" my "fix" for free either. This kind of improvement requires hard work and those who rediscover it will be willing to be rewarded for their work.

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

Release the code. Smiley

Well, you are saying that i should help people make money (literally), by mining but that i should not get any money for it? really???!
No one will "rediscover" my "fix" for free either. This kind of improvement requires hard work and those who rediscover it will be willing to be rewarded for their work.

my opinion:

Just send the code to coins101, AlexGR, chaeplin or other senior trusted member (who agrees) of our community to verification. Later you might claim some donations...

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

Release the code. Smiley

You are free to benefit from your own hard work by mining with your software yourself.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:40:12 PM

my opinion:

Just send the code to coins101, AlexGR, chaeplin or other senior trusted member (who agrees) of our community to verification. Later you might claim some donations...

Thanks, i'll contact them and see if they are willing to do so.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:44:31 PM

I think it's great you are trying to improve the code but SPH-SGminer already gives 2.3Mhash per 280x.

probably so with adequate tweeking, i guess. Could you please tell me the settings with which you get that speed and i'll try to use them on my code to see what the improvement will be.

Thanks.

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:52:55 PM

Is it really a good thing to have one guy owning 5% of the coin? Seems worrying. Hope it's an exchange or pooled investment address.

There are bigger whales -- at least one person with 300k and another with 200k and likely a few others. This one just happens to hold it in a single public key (which is generally bad practice).

Honestly I wouldn't worry about these large holdings. DRK doesn't have the liquidity to handle such large amounts so they'll be holding for a long time.

I might be overwhelmingly naive and optimistic, but perhaps its an exchange (BTC-e???) that is accumulating drk in order to introduce it and have the liquidity to support it...

NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING!!!

If an exchange needs liquidity, it's doing it wrong or up to no good. They're not banks, they exist to swap money between customers and take a small cut of each trade, that's all, they shouldn't need stockpiles of whatever they list.

Oooh, its actually very important for an exchange to be able to provide enough liquidity on both sides of the book.
Otherwise they would be easy fodder for the sharks. Soros like.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:55:23 PM

Suchpool is down again!  Huh

MOVE TO P2POOL PEOPLE !

and just read this on coindesk

Whitecoin suffers variant of 51% attack

whitecoinIt appears that in the early hours of 30th April, a coordinated double-spend attack was launched against the whitecoin network. The incident affected digital currency exchanges and mining pools, and has sparked questions regarding the future of the altcoin.

A statement published on 1st May by whitecoin community member and developer Mogonzo detailed the attack.

According to Mogonzo, the event took place in two stages.

The first part of the attack involved a dedicated denial-of-service (DDOS) attack against the mining pool Chunkypools. This enabled the perpetrators to assume control of the network and gain control of the block chain.

A time warp attack was then launched against several exchanges. This is a variation on the 51% attack, which involves artificially lowering the block difficulty in order to generate coins quickly.

The attackers used the time warp attack to generate multiple blocks of whitecoins that were then sent to exchanges and sold. Cryptsy, MintPal and Bittrex were among the exchanges affected by the attack.

In the statement, Mogonzo advised whitecoin users to avoid use of the existing wallet infrastructure:

“We continue to discourage wallet use at this time until our update is provided. It’s taken us some time to develop a full understanding of what happened, as well as develop a solution.”

At press time, representatives from the exchanges were reportedly meeting with members of the Whitecoin Foundation, the coin’s community organisation, on coordinating deployment of the new wallets.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:57:18 PM

Is it really a good thing to have one guy owning 5% of the coin? Seems worrying. Hope it's an exchange or pooled investment address.

There are bigger whales -- at least one person with 300k and another with 200k and likely a few others. This one just happens to hold it in a single public key (which is generally bad practice).

Honestly I wouldn't worry about these large holdings. DRK doesn't have the liquidity to handle such large amounts so they'll be holding for a long time.

I might be overwhelmingly naive and optimistic, but perhaps its an exchange (BTC-e???) that is accumulating drk in order to introduce it and have the liquidity to support it...

NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING!!!

If an exchange needs liquidity, it's doing it wrong or up to no good. They're not banks, they exist to swap money between customers and take a small cut of each trade, that's all, they shouldn't need stockpiles of whatever they list.

Oooh, its actually very important for an exchange to be able to provide enough liquidity on both sides of the book.
Otherwise they would be easy fodder for the sharks. Soros like.

The liquidity should come from the sellers having deposited whatever they are wanting to sell at the exchange. There is no good reason I can see for an exchange to need stock of its own.

That's like saying ebay needs their own stock of whatever people are selling on it.
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:12:13 PM

I think it's great you are trying to improve the code but SPH-SGminer already gives 2.3Mhash per 280x.

probably so with adequate tweeking, i guess. Could you please tell me the settings with which you get that speed and i'll try to use them on my code to see what the improvement will be.

Thanks.

Sure.  I have Asus 280x cards -

2.341 avg Mhash (running stable since last reboot(60 hours))
2.1% reject rate

Afterburner overclock settings:
memclock: 1800
coreclock: 1180
power limit%: +20

SPH-SGminer device1.conf settings:
"kernel" : "darkcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"intensity" : "13",
"worksize" : "256",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"failover-only" : true,
"scan-time" : "1",
"device" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "2"

.bat contents:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe --config device1.conf
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:20:29 PM

Thanks.

Sure.  I have Asus 280x cards -

2.341 avg Mhash (running stable since last reboot(60 hours))
2.1% reject rate

SPH-SGminer device1.conf settings:
"kernel" : "darkcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"intensity" : "13",
"worksize" : "256",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"failover-only" : true,
"scan-time" : "1",
"device" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "2"

.bat contents:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe --config device1.conf

yeah most 280x get 2.25-2.3 right of the package... You just had a broken old version of a miner if you only got 1.8mh/s
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:22:16 PM

For any market maker, be it an exchange or whoever, the ability to curb wild swings of the price is VERY important.
Items on exchanges don't sell out like on eBay, you can't compare that.
If you want to trade against fiat you need liquidity, or you get eaten by anybody who has it.
Like a central bank, just like that.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:33:12 PM

The screenshots are from the CPU miner, tweaked to show GPU hashrates.... Which means you are probably trying to scam people.

As i said before, i use the codebase from my previous miner for metiscoin, based on cpuminer, but with GPU capabilities: https://github.com/girino/cpuminer

If I was trying to scam people i'd probably use a sph_miner screenshot (unless i was really stupid).

You actually wrote: "I made some speed improvements in the GPU miner listed on the first page."

The GPU miner listed on the first page is sph-sgminer, not the cpuminers.

The correct phraseology would be something like "I tweaked the cpu miners on the first page to work with openCL and now I'm getting better speeds than even sph-sgminer" (which from I gather from those posting their 280 results is not really slower).

I have worked on some GPU miners in the past, as you can see on those links:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447298.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424517.msg4917971#msg4917971

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2460.0

(this proves nothing about the current miner, of course, but shows evidence that I have the expertise to do what i claim)

Yeah well, this is cryptoland... you know how things go. Sorry I can't check your code to see if it works (I lack the skill) + I've uninstalled my GPUs due to rising temps.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:33:57 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 09:49:58 PM by thelonecrouton

For any market maker, be it an exchange or whoever, the ability to curb wild swings of the price is VERY important.

Exchanges != market makers, and I don't care about the convenience of "market makers." Buyers and sellers make the market. If the price swings wildly then so be it. Exchanges should not be trying to control anything.

Items on exchanges don't sell out like on eBay, you can't compare that.

If no one is selling, no one can buy. Same thing. They might not run out, they'll just rise in price. And with enough BTC, you could absolutely buy up every DRK available on every exchange that sold it.

If you want to trade against fiat you need liquidity, or you get eaten by anybody who has it.

If you want to trade anything you need that item or the ability to pay the going rate for it. Not sure what your point is here.

Like a central bank, just like that.

Central banks and their idiot "market makers" are one of the reasons the world economy is down the shitter.

Any exchange that "needs" stockpiles of coins is fundamentally broken. Mt Gox for example.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:49:58 PM

My gigabyte board would freeze on anything higher than 1500/1100. I'm unable to test the code on those conditions! (i'm really impressed on this asus one)!

girino
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:55:58 PM

You actually wrote: "I made some speed improvements in the GPU miner listed on the first page."

The correct phraseology would be something like "I tweaked the cpu miners on the first page to work with openCL and now I'm getting better speeds than even sph-sgminer" (which from I gather from those posting their 280 results is not really slower).

This wouldn't be accurate either. The correct phrase should be: I used some of the code from sph_miner with some of the code from cpuminer and some improvements of my own... As for getting the speeds people are getting with their 280x, thay are overclocking really high. My hardware does not support that, so i cannot test with the same settings as them. The best i can do is 2.5Gh/s with 1100/1500 OC.

Yeah well, this is cryptoland... you know how things go. Sorry I can't check your code to see if it works (I lack the skill) + I've uninstalled my GPUs due to rising temps.

That's ok, i'll keep looking for someone who can test it and has the trust of the community.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:57:34 PM

yeah most 280x get 2.25-2.3 right of the package... You just had a broken old version of a miner if you only got 1.8mh/s

Could you point me to a miner that gets the 2.25-2.3 please? I'll check it on my hardware to see how it goes.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:00:25 PM

This wouldn't be accurate either. The correct phrase should be: I used some of the code from sph_miner with some of the code from cpuminer and some improvements of my own... As for getting the speeds people are getting with their 280x, thay are overclocking really high. My hardware does not support that, so i cannot test with the same settings as them. The best i can do is 2.5Gh/s with 1100/1500 OC.

That's ok, i'll keep looking for someone who can test it and has the trust of the community.

Is the miner using any cpu to enhance the speed? Btw, I've often thought what if some of the hashes are better performed in the cpu than in the GPU? What if some functions were done in the CPU and some in the GPU for max performance? Surely there'll be a waiting impact from CPU-GPU crossover as data flow from GPU ram to system RAM but it may be worth a try to see if something can actually be improved way more (like +20/30/50%)... Then again the performance hit from waiting as data moves from cpu-gpu-cpu might be too large to gain anything.
Pages: « 1 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 [894] 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: