Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:14:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 [2355] 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722622 times)
wellenater

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:34:47 PM

How can you guys buy a coin that doesn't have proven anonymity? The reason the Dev wont share the code because its not anonymous. 28 million in market cap  Huh Prove to me its anonymous until then I'll stick with my TorCoins  Wink

good luck with Tor
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28447023

TorCoin launches anonimity August 18th. I'm confident they are a solution to the matter. Since the Dev knows the owner of the black market I assume the "Big Thing" Sept. 1st will be the black market implementing the coin or it will trade like GH or KH. Who knows, but you didn't answer my question. 28 million in market cap because a coin has anonymity but its not proven?? Am I missing something?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/

and in regard to the highlighted text you wrote, i can only say 1 thing, dont count on becoming mainstream then...

and on a further note, funny thing this, we are getting more miners... so you tell me :-p

Thats not anonymity its a mixing service just like all the other wanna be anonymous coins
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:37:23 PM

For those saying drkcoinz is dedz or people who don't follow this monster thread.

DRK is on the cusp of being the best thing since bitcoin.

----------

So we have the darksend+ in RC4 in testing

Darksend+ pre-privatises your coins so you can use them as you normally would - ie. Darksend+ makes darkcoin ready for the world.

Proper adoption can begin in ernest. Beyond crypto land.

This will be vetted by Kristov Atlas - so actually vetted as opposed to other coins claiming "anon - promise!"

--------------

And with that comes the becoming more pro and ready for the world developments:

We are getting electrum wallets - regenerate your wallets from a seed phrase.

Just keeping everyone up to date with Darkcointalk. Super exciting all the time!!!!

Quote from Tante:
"Also, one of the exciting opportunities that Masternodes provide, is that they can host the blockchain, decentralized, for lightweight users. I hope this feature happens soon. So only the masternodes, mining nodes and people who want to have a copy of the blockchain ever need have it. And yet it will still be stored in a decentralized fashion."

More Info:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/page-3
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-drk-electrum-server.1648/page-2
http://electrum-drk.org/

-------------------

Separately we are getting an upgrade to look and functionality of the QT wallets

Wow, this one (#3 with a couple suggestions that Raze implemented) is SEXY!

-----------------------

Also of interest:

xpool.ca multi pool where you can mine with X11, Scrypt or your old sha256 asics and get payed in DRK!

darkbids.com ebay for darkcoin. Sell stuff for darkcoin, buy stuff for darkcoin

-----------------------

And lastly we've consistently had the highest volume on mintpal and cryptsy for quite a while now.

So in short..

RC4 is coming be ready!!

Pump

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:40:37 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 01:53:19 PM by CHAOSiTEC

How can you guys buy a coin that doesn't have proven anonymity? The reason the Dev wont share the code because its not anonymous. 28 million in market cap  Huh Prove to me its anonymous until then I'll stick with my TorCoins  Wink

good luck with Tor

TorCoin launches anonimity August 18th. I'm confident they are a solution to the matter. Since the Dev knows the owner of the black market I assume the "Big Thing" Sept. 1st will be the black market implementing the coin or it will trade like GH or KH. Who knows, but you didn't answer my question. 28 million in market cap because a coin has anonymity but its not proven?? Am I missing something?

and in regard to the highlighted text you wrote, i can only say 1 thing, dont count on becoming mainstream then...

and on a further note, funny thing this, we are getting more miners... so you tell me :-p

Thats not anonymity its a mixing service just like all the other wanna be anonymous coins

well, seems like you fail to read and see properly.. besides kristov atlas is going to review the code, and he is also going to try and crack the anonymity...

he is the one who deviced an automated tool for cracking coinjoin...

i dont get it, why do you invest energy in trying to "educate" us about another coin, why dont you stay with your coin, and try and make it the best, without putting down other peoples choices, choise is freedom, but it seems you dont like freedom, i actually think you feel darkcoin is treatening your coin, so my conclusion is,

but alas, your just another troll, to the ignore can with you...

ohh and how is torcoin anonymous? nothing stated on their thread AT ALL

sending it through tor doesnt make it anonymous, you can still track wallet to wallet transactions...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:40:52 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 01:54:16 PM by thelonecrouton

good luck with Tor

Who do you think is running all those Tor exit nodes? Who supplies most of the Tor project's funding?

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:43:46 PM

BTC dumps out of sheer boredom apparently on OKCoin and Stamp.

Horses should be put on HOLD
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:09:31 PM

in regard to torcoin, which is a fork of zerocoin i found this commentary from Maurice P on Cryptonote:

1. Stealth address is a technique, which is most similar to ours. It is a protocol, which allows users to create one-time addresses (not linked to their main public key). Honestly, this is quite an old idea; researchers have reinvented it several times, as I recently noticed looking through the forums' posts and research papers. It may vary in implementation, but the underlying idea stays the same. The main advantage of CryptoNote is that one-time address is a DEFAULT option for sending/receiving payments. So you don't have to enable anything manually, the total anonymity is already provided.

2. CoinSwap, CoinJoin, DarkCoin. I've intentionally combined them, although they are not the same. In short, these are protocols allowing users to mix their payments with each others'. It can be done in a single transaction (CoinJoin) or through a transaction chain (CoinSwap).

One can say this is what we do with our ring signature, which hides your actual outputs among others'. Leaving the math aside, a distinctive feature of our solution is its autonomy. You do not have to interact with other users, send anything to the network (except for your final transactions), wait for peers to sign your common mixing transaction, or worry about hiding your activity. Everything is already in the block chain; I imply all the past outputs (no matter, spent or not). So you can create your entire transaction even being offline. Still, your payment will be perfectly hidden.

3. Zerocoin, Zerocash. This is the most advanced technology, I must admit. Yes, the quote above is from the analysis of the previous version of the protocol. To my knowledge, it's not 288, but 384 bytes, but anyway this is good news.

They used a brand new technic called SNARK, which has certain downsides: for example, large initial database of public parameters required to create a signature (more than 1 GB) and significant time required to create a transaction (more than a minute). Finally, they're using a young crypto, which I've mentioned to be an arguable idea: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19#p55
Maurice.P

im not saying one coin is better than the other, i dont go around in different threads and do so neither, but i am saying i choose what I felt, is the best, and what speaks to me.. its your choice on choosing what you want in life, just dont go around and try to make your choices better than anyone else's, and say my daddy is stronger than your daddy...

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:19:07 PM

im not saying one coin is better than the other, i dont go around in different threads and do so neither, but i am saying i choose what I felt, is the best, and what speaks to me.. its your choice on choosing what you want in life, just dont go around and try to make your choices better than anyone else's, and say my daddy is stronger than your daddy...
[/quote]

well said
+1
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:45:17 PM

Which anon coin will succeed? Vote reset: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
Go Go Go!!!

Bump come on people..
Who cares, anonymous cryptocurrency is not a popularity contest. In the end, the technically best one will win. At the moment, we are not sure yet which one that will be (since most of them are not finished yet, still closed source and lacking detailed white papers), but it looks like it will be DarkCoin at the moment due to Evan's qualities, creativity and work ethic.

Wat? Everyone vote! We are the bestestmostpopularawesome. Must win!

Seriously though.. Darkcoins transparency makes it the best. Having our anon methods reviewed by an expert. And it's not just evan it's the whole team.

*ahem*

edit: I think it is a popularity contest until the technicals can be proved/disproved so we are on our way to being "proven"

just vote. takes a second.

voted .. remember guys .. one small vote for us, one giant leap for Darkcoin
(eh, or something like that)

feels weird quoting myself but right now we are number 1 with 32% !! Lets keep it this way.. all who havent voted.. vote

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
SoapMaker

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:45:27 PM

Am I missing something?

Only common sense & the boat.

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:04:07 PM

in regard to torcoin, which is a fork of zerocoin i found this commentary from Maurice P on Cryptonote:

1. Stealth address is a technique, which is most similar to ours. It is a protocol, which allows users to create one-time addresses (not linked to their main public key). Honestly, this is quite an old idea; researchers have reinvented it several times, as I recently noticed looking through the forums' posts and research papers. It may vary in implementation, but the underlying idea stays the same. The main advantage of CryptoNote is that one-time address is a DEFAULT option for sending/receiving payments. So you don't have to enable anything manually, the total anonymity is already provided.

2. CoinSwap, CoinJoin, DarkCoin. I've intentionally combined them, although they are not the same. In short, these are protocols allowing users to mix their payments with each others'. It can be done in a single transaction (CoinJoin) or through a transaction chain (CoinSwap).

One can say this is what we do with our ring signature, which hides your actual outputs among others'. Leaving the math aside, a distinctive feature of our solution is its autonomy. You do not have to interact with other users, send anything to the network (except for your final transactions), wait for peers to sign your common mixing transaction, or worry about hiding your activity. Everything is already in the block chain; I imply all the past outputs (no matter, spent or not). So you can create your entire transaction even being offline. Still, your payment will be perfectly hidden.

3. Zerocoin, Zerocash. This is the most advanced technology, I must admit. Yes, the quote above is from the analysis of the previous version of the protocol. To my knowledge, it's not 288, but 384 bytes, but anyway this is good news.

They used a brand new technic called SNARK, which has certain downsides: for example, large initial database of public parameters required to create a signature (more than 1 GB) and significant time required to create a transaction (more than a minute). Finally, they're using a young crypto, which I've mentioned to be an arguable idea: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19#p55
Maurice.P

So, here's a question for someone who knows better than myself: If darksend+ is not yet finished, how can someone, as shown in bold above, claim to use the same anonymity? Is it just his implementation of an interpretation of what darksend+ will be? This seems really strange to me. Again, I may have mis-read && || misinterpreted.
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:08:19 PM

Maurice.P

So, here's a question for someone who knows better than myself: If darksend+ is not yet finished, how can someone, as shown in bold above, claim to use the same anonymity? Is it just his implementation of an interpretation of what darksend+ will be? This seems really strange to me. Again, I may have mis-read && || misinterpreted.

a technique called lying springs to mind

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
flyingcatt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:12:04 PM

decent coin  Cool
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:17:04 PM

DRK gets my vote Smiley

Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

When you guys get a chance - put a leash on your rabid trailer trash dog MasterMined710. He's going all across the internet on a Cloakcoin FUDpack smear campaign. Let's keep the debate technical. I doubt DRK wants to get into a shit tossing competition with Cloak. There's plenty of people we can recruit for the job. I was one of the first DRK miners/investors. Although I have moved my funds elsewhere, I haven't resorted to the level of shit that some of the newer DRK holders have gone to protect their investment.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:26:14 PM

Maurice.P

a technique called lying springs to mind

Isnt Darkcoin (through DarkSend) using a modified coinjoin ? a coinjoin they adjusted and complimented with masternodes so its a lot more anonymous and therefore offers a lot more privacy? Also note that Maurice P only gives a definition of coinjoin and coinswap eventhough he mentioned coinjoin, coinswap and darkcoin as protocols.
I just think he points to three protocols but only know the details of two of them (coinjoin and coinswap). Which is logical as the third protocol (DarkSend / DarkSend+) is still in development and closed sourced.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:26:28 PM

Maurice.P

you guys have to remember that this quote is from the 1st version of darksend, since darksend has evolved quite a bit since, it no longer holds the total truth... but the definition still somewhat holds..

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:30:25 PM

When you guys get a chance - put a leash on your rabid trailer trash dog MasterMined710. He's going all across the internet on a Cloakcoin FUDpack smear campaign. Let's keep the debate technical. I doubt DRK wants to get into a shit tossing competition with Cloak. There's plenty of people we can recruit for the job. I was one of the first DRK miners/investors. Although I have moved my funds elsewhere, I haven't resorted to the level of shit that some of the newer DRK holders have gone to protect their investment.

well, im quite sad to hear that, but i have never heard of this person, and no we do not "control" him.

i will just remind everyone the following, please follow these words, and we will seem more like serious contender for the top anonymous coin.

Quote from: CHAOSiTEC

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:31:37 PM

I want a leash!

OK!

Coolstoryteller

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X11 | First DGW | RC4 Testing
Today at 04:24:05 PM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:32:38 PM

well, im quite sad to hear that, but i have never heard of this person, and no we do not "control" him.

i will just remind everyone the following, please follow these words, and we will seem more like serious contender for the top anonymous coin.

Quote from: CHAOSiTEC

i guess we can conclude from the above that trolls create anti-trolls.

Actions inevitably have consequences. In the material world, this principle is expressed as Newton’s Third Law of motion: “For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.”

Troll in our forum and yes there is a chance you get trolled in your own forum.

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:43:05 PM

Snipped

I don't normally engage in these type of discussions, but since you indicated to be an early DRK investor, I will indulge this one time.

I don't condone what any of the "DRK holders" are doing on another thread, there is absolutely no reason to do this. May be a bad apple here and there. However, 100% of the time you can trace it back to the sellers/PnDers/Traders of other "anonymous" coins coming to DRK thread first and riling people up here, because this thread is not moderated. It has been an absolute advertisement for other coins thread and a FUD thread. All this while people are not doing any of their homework and playing with their money, siding with certain camps and generally being idiotic. DRK bashing continues on ALL the anon coin threads. From HERO members, to newbies.

I had a chat with Evan before the CN coins came to limelight and he indicated that porting Ring Sigs to DRK would be an easy way as far as transaction privacy was concerned. It would not have taken more than a few days to do it. But he didn't take this route. He had long term plans via Masternodes.

To others, obviously do your due diligence but you ain't seen nothing yet. Don't believe in any FUD. People are throwing jargons and marketing like there is no tomorrow, mainly because DRK leads anon market.
Pages: « 1 ... 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 [2355] 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: