Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:40:27 PM

hehehe....don't worry  Grin, maybe my perception system needs recalibration or my imagination
is pulling me around because of all the crypto excitement....I like b) and c)

and of course my stuff. but it's too complicated for a logo

looks quite scary Cheesy
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

I actually wrote a (trance)song called "Nem" about 4 years ago.  Visionary!  Roll Eyes

http://be.electrobel.org/muzik.ebel/detail/25842
norti

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Krass wie viele deutsche sich hier rumtreiben .. Wink grüße^^

Und noch einer  Grin

Deutsch++ Wink

Has anybody already registered a German domain for NEM? If not I could take a look at it as there seems to a bit of interest already and I have some domain slots open at my provider anyhow.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:19:20 AM

I actually wrote a (trance)song called "Nem" about 4 years ago.  Visionary!  Roll Eyes

http://be.electrobel.org/muzik.ebel/detail/25842

Very nice sir!  Reminds me of some Sasha and Digweed.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:25:40 AM

Hi.

the colored logo isnt that cool. Looking the logo, the coin doesnt look trusty.

The other whith the hand means something like "we gonna hold our money...".

I hope this can be a construtive feedback.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 01:50:43 AM

My attempt with New Economy Movement Forum:
nemovement.org

I think you should use the http://www.mybb.com/ software instead Smiley And why are there chinese text and english in the same lines? Gets kinda confusing...
We not really sure about name. And my vote to nakamoto
Though naming the basic unit of the NEM currency (micro-NEM) is a low priority, I
propose that we call it the Nakamoto, in reference to BTC’s Satoshi Nakamoto. In Japanese,
Nakamoto can have several ways of being written, but one is 中元, which can also mean
Chinese Yuan (中国元). This could make the currency popular in China, since it would already
be called “Chinese money” by one interpretation. Also, it would place NEM as continuing the
BTC tradition.

I like Nakamoto, too Cheesy

Chinese characters have meaning in the way they are written and are easier than English words to understand.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 02:07:37 AM

i think all stake holders in group 3 of the statistics spread sheet should be scrapped.. no one that has just heard of nxt/nem/btc would simply open an acc just to apply for that and never use it again.. and like it says it some acc's show activity.. AFTER the stats are done and ppl realise they are in the bottom group they try and build up usage to get out of it to try and protect their multiple shares! i think community should vote on this! if you remove these inactive acc's which contribute nothing to the community and will most likely be merged with other multiple sock puppet acc's every one else will get a larger stake but still evenly distributed and you wont end up with 10/15 guys with 40/50 shares or more.. those acc's should be removed!

That is complete BS.  I made an account just to be part of this.  I was one of the first 2000 owners of NXT, liked the idea but was more fond of this more egalitarian approach.  I never felt the urge to post on this forum because I think that you should only post something if you have something interesting to add.  What you're saying is that if someone has posted posts like 'to da moon!'  or 'how much you think crapcoin X will be worth in 2015' in the past has more rights than someone who doesn't post crap like that?  Maybe I will contribute somewhere along the way, maybe on this forum, maybe somewhere else.  You don't know.

Maybe we should scrap all the accounts who actively try to slim down the total amount of accounts just to end up with a bigger share of the cake themselves, like you're doing right now.

Please do try to activate people and try to motivate them on engaging in this community but please DO NOT try to do this by bending or changing the initial deal/rules and by forcing them to post anything not worth posting on a forum just for the sake of it.

I have to agree that no one should be scrapped.  Yes there will be a few fake accounts but it would be much more sinister if an individual or two were wrongfully cut out.  My close friend who has been buying and mining BitCoin for the past eight months thinks there is no value in the alt coins and feels bitcoin will simply absorb any valid competitive attributes, he had NO account on bitcointalk and I convinced him to get on here and help fund this movement.  When NEM launches it will probably be worth less or close to what we put in, so someone with 10BTC could buy 100 stakes in seconds after it hits the exchange.  The real focus should be getting the word out and not wasting time on this.  

But is Bitcoin sustainable long term?

Bitcoin depends on a small network of mining nodes who support their operations by generating a fixed profit of 3600 bitcoins per day.  The available daily operating budget to keep Bitcoin from freezing up is thus $3.6M or less (at $1K/BTC or under) to  generate the current 25 million GHash/s needed daily.  A representative miner “pickaxe” is a Butterfly Labs Monarch costing $2000 and using 350W of power to produce 600 GHash/sec. Thus the current Bitcoin mining network has sunk unit infrastructure costs of at least $83 million and (at $0.10/KwH) ongoing electricity costs of at least $35,000 per day. 

Both costs are rising faster and faster. Exponential growth of Bitcoin’s hashrate (see blockchain.info/charts/hashrate) means mining rigs and energy use will skyrocket out of control, sooner rather than later.  Bitcoin, and clones like Doge, are thus by their very nature destined to fail.

NXT is the sustainable solution to this problem.  By using cooperative transparent forging, not competitive gigahash mining, NXT does not have an exponential forcing function at its core that drives its costs and energy consumption ever higher.  A NXT blockchain support network of 1000 Odroid U3 nodes has a one-time unit infrastructure cost of only $60 thousand and uses only $48 per day in electricity – forever. 

Taken from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.36460 page 1824

I don't think PoW is sustainable or secure in the long run.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:13:48 AM

nemovement.org

I think you should use the http://www.mybb.com/ software instead Smiley And why are there chinese text and english in the same lines? Gets kinda confusing...
Though naming the basic unit of the NEM currency (micro-NEM) is a low priority, I
propose that we call it the Nakamoto, in reference to BTC’s Satoshi Nakamoto. In Japanese,
Nakamoto can have several ways of being written, but one is 中元, which can also mean
Chinese Yuan (中国元). This could make the currency popular in China, since it would already
be called “Chinese money” by one interpretation. Also, it would place NEM as continuing the
BTC tradition.

Chinese characters have meaning in the way they are written and are easier than English words to understand.

Are we saying instead of calling a NEM satoshi a nakamoto?
That is a great idea.

Not calling a Nemcoin a nakamoto, but a .00000001 a nakamoto, Right?

This is genius, I can't see anyone disagreeing with this. I cant believe it hasnt been done yet by some other coin. It's very bold.
MuChHaPpyDoge

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:15:02 AM

Hey, sorry first post here.
I submitted a stake during the buy-in period.

Now what?  When is this crypto set to release?  When will shares be given to stakeholders?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:21:33 AM

Hey, sorry first post here.
I submitted a stake during the buy-in period.

Now what?  When is this crypto set to release?  When will shares be given to stakeholders?

sometime in June or sooner. There is no official timeline set as far as I know. But I believe this is a good  estimate. I wish it was alittle sooner myself,  but they are making this coin from scratch, and they are really making this coin something that will be worth the wait. Someone correct me if I'm off on this estimate
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:32:48 AM

nemovement.org

BTC tradition.

Are we saying instead of calling a NEM satoshi a nakamoto?
That is a great idea.

Not calling a Nemcoin a nakamoto, but a .00000001 a nakamoto, Right?

This is genius, I can't see anyone disagreeing with this. I cant believe it hasnt been done yet by some other coin. It's very bold.

Yes, 1 NEM or 0.00000001 NEM is 1 nakamoto. That is one idea.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:48:46 AM

update 2/19 : an unified stake holder list would be made on 2/22 which is three days from today. You need to file a complaint in the stake complaint thread by that day if you think you are a stakeholder but you are not on the list or on the list without Y.
From now on, I will put all important updates in the front page of this thread (in the update section) so please at least bookmark that page to catch up with important information.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MuChHaPpyDoge

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:51:04 AM

update 2/19 : an unified stake holder list would be made on 2/22 which is three days from today. You need to file a complaint in the stake complaint thread by that day if you think you are a stakeholder but you are not on the list or on the list without Y.
From now on, I will put all important updates in the front page of this thread (in the update section) so please at least bookmark that page to catch up with important information.

Great, thanks!
vladnokov

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:54:29 AM

What about a font style used on checks? Too old?
http://s23.postimg.org/6qg187omv/NEM.jpg
xzh4518

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:11:56 AM

Thank you for NEM team,NEM will be a huge success!!!
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:18:08 AM

I like the second type. Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:00:19 AM

Krass wie viele deutsche sich hier rumtreiben .. Wink grüße^^

Und noch einer  Grin

Deutsch++ Wink

Has anybody already registered a German domain for NEM? If not I could take a look at it as there seems to a bit of interest already and I have some domain slots open at my provider anyhow.
nemcoin.at

schöne grüße vom nachbarn Wink
topcoiner

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

First Asia-wide Asset Exchange

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:17:17 AM

I like the second type too.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
████████████▀██████████▀████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████▄██████▄▄▄▄▄███▄███████████
███████████▄███▀████▀███▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.GenieICO.
███
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
▀▀▀

███
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
█▀▄
▄██
▀▀▀
aljode

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:23:45 AM

good job!
upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:25:20 AM

guys, what about a NEM-Newsletter?
first hand information for the community and an easy way to reach many people.

I think it would be pretty cool..
We could also include things like signature-updates in the mail.
So that 1000+ community members change their signature at the same time. Wink

do you know of any other crypto that has a Newsletter?

NEM - New Economy Movement
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: