Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
chatta

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:11:26 PM

I like to be part of the swarm team ?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:11:56 PM

wow nxt price keeps dropping Huh  I thought the price will rise after all the noise about being listed in cryptsy, are the big holders of nxt cashing out? Maybe its good for them, the price earlier was probably propped up and maybe its returning to actual value. With NEM hopefully we will not have the same problem.     

POS coins seem to have a bad rep among most crypto enthusiast, We must really emphasize the fair distribution of NEM or we will have the same reputation.

There will be ups and downs...
I too hold and am active in NXT and when NEM is here I will spend time here too.

I hate PoW, its a personal decision, BTC will soon register as a cause of global warming the way its is soaking up the worlds energy supply for something that is a mathematical fiction and simply not needed.
Most crypto enthusiasts are sitting on mining H/W of some form and therefore tend to be enthusiastic about new coins they can rape mine with the H/W they can't use on other coins anymore..

Putting aside distribution issues PoS seems to be more about technology, innovation and driving value through use - which is a lot harder but much healthier in the long term for everyone involved.

Fasten your seat belts for POI Wink

mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:25:32 PM

wow nxt price keeps dropping Huh  I thought the price will rise after all the noise about being listed in cryptsy, are the big holders of nxt cashing out? Maybe its good for them, the price earlier was probably propped up and maybe its returning to actual value. With NEM hopefully we will not have the same problem.     

POS coins seem to have a bad rep among most crypto enthusiast, We must really emphasize the fair distribution of NEM or we will have the same reputation.

I too hold and am active in NXT and when NEM is here I will spend time here too.

I hate PoW, its a personal decision, BTC will soon register as a cause of global warming the way its is soaking up the worlds energy supply for something that is a mathematical fiction and simply not needed.
Most crypto enthusiasts are sitting on mining H/W of some form and therefore tend to be enthusiastic about new coins they can rape mine with the H/W they can't use on other coins anymore..

Putting aside distribution issues PoS seems to be more about technology, innovation and driving value through use - which is a lot harder but much healthier in the long term for everyone involved.

No need for a seat belt when i'm glued to the chair at Bter !

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
RunPastChickens

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:28:56 PM

PoI does seem very intriguing!
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:50:50 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 08:04:28 PM by mr smith

MY COOL RAMBLINGS

Ethereum - cool - why = videos in trendy venues with hip speakers / leaders
NEM - cool - why = mass fair distribution with a no envy NEM community
Dodge - cool - why = Started as a joke but media took interests (not crypto2 but still !)
NXT - uncool - why = No distribution with chaotic decentralized indifference
Mastercoin - uncool - why = Promised much but made you poor it's rep is finished

I hope this space for the crypto2 fledglings will be whittled down to just two. All the Devs can perform great magic and the arms race will narrow. It will be our community that makes the BIG difference and i hope we are the last team standing. Now back to videos i think a meet up video would be great  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

hopefully POI will give equal chance to the little guys to forge NEM, it could be a key factor in NEMs success.  
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:05:34 PM

hopefully POI will give equal chance to the little guys to forge NEM, it could be a key factor in NEMs success.  

I too await PoI with interest...

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:29:32 PM

Development plan
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NhxTyi4Eo2D_1m1Ca8zvzQr0_RB0dgM2VuWXAIzcS-I/edit
seems to contain High-level plan but still byte-devel design ...
but where could be suggested new (or old) features? Smiley

H.j. zrxog wkhuh eh ehqhilwv wr kdyh vxfk dq dffrxqw, zklfk lv rzqhg eb vhyhudo rzqhuv?
Vhyhudo rzqhuv zrxog phdq wkdw wr wudqvihu prqhb iurp wkh dffrxqw, lw zrxog uhtxluh doo rzqhuv wr dffhsw wkh wudqvihu.

Ru lv vxfk srvvleoh wr lpsohphqw vxfk dq dffrxqw rq wrs ri wkh QHP vbvwhp?

There will probably be something better, the details, are currently covered with thick smokescreen.

Just one more question about that previous issue, which lies behind the smokescreen:
 transparency ?

Where smokescreen discussions are? In pm's?
apullman

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:43:07 PM

If NEM will the the first to use POI, hold-on!
As something fun, put seat belt instructions in the terms and conditions of the NEM client (alpha version only).

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.gadling.com/media/2009/06/seatbelt-sign.jpg

http://www.myparkingsign.com/img/lg/K/Aluminum-Seat-Belt-Sign-K-2402.gif
leo66

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:47:13 PM

wow nxt price keeps dropping Huh  I thought the price will rise after all the noise about being listed in cryptsy, are the big holders of nxt cashing out? Maybe its good for them, the price earlier was probably propped up and maybe its returning to actual value. With NEM hopefully we will not have the same problem.      

Disclaimer: I hold NXT as well as being a stakeholder of NEM

At the moment NXT is still pretty young and as a traditional crypto-currency you can't do much with it, e.g. spend it like Bitcoin and some other alt-coins. That isn't really the point of NXT and a few things conspire against it, the coins have had to be distributed fairly quickly from a smallish number of stakeholders, if one or two dump then the price will fall. NXT is all about the long term; if it is next generation to Bitcoin then it will follow a similar path to Bitcoin taking years to realise its value. But ultimately I believe NXT will survive and grow in value. The problem at the moment is it is valued lower than many fly by night alt-coins that are copies of Bitcoin or Litecoin with a marketing spin.

What does this mean for NEM? Probably the same thing as for NXT and we should be aware of this when it launches. Some stakeholders will dump because they saw it as just another alt-coin, others will hold but become vocal and demand things are done to increase its value short-term. Me? I see it like NXT as a long term investment and being part of something new. I don't sell NXT I buy and increase my stake, I will do the same with NEM. I also speculate in small amounts with alt-currencies but after making some profit I use this to buy into my long term coins Bitcoin or NXT atm. I also invest in some short-term coins that I believe have sufficient potential and are different enough, but also spend this category in the crypto eco system to keep it growing overall.

Hope the above is not to much of a ramble, just sharing my thoughts on NXT, NEM and crypto in general.

KC
Same as u .I hold nxt as o long term investment. And I will do the same to nem

NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:15788835964854428501
New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
NEM:TAJTLH-CH7MYT-6I5B74-SNVBIA-XEMRQC-2E42WT-Q337
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:02:27 AM

Any reason why NXT is crashing at the moment?

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:37:00 AM

If there is something to be learned from what is happening to NXT is this:

Try and make the client as "average user" friendly as possible.

Besides distribution, the other thing affecting NXT is that the community seems to refuse to reach out to the average person.

The client itself is horrible for first time users and they have yet to officially release an all-in-one easy to use client.
I mean, you still have to use a really long password and remember it, average Joe gets scared away by this (one of the bad things of the cleint).

The marketing team is basically non-existent and the community is pretentious when it comes to non-tech savvy users.

It seems like NEM will be a really good competitor if it is launched and done right.

From the looks of it, everyone in NEM community is learning for the mistakes of other PoS systems.
yaya

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:58:48 AM

Have no idea,maybe some big stakeholder dumped.Good news is I bought a few,
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

Besides distribution, the other thing affecting NXT is that the community seems to refuse to reach out to the average person.

The client itself is horrible for first time users and they have yet to officially release an all-in-one easy to use client.
I mean, you still have to use a really long password and remember it, average Joe gets scared away by this (one of the bad things of the cleint).

The marketing team is basically non-existent and the community is pretentious when it comes to non-tech savvy users.

It seems like NEM will be a really good competitor if it is launched and done right.

From the looks of it, everyone in NEM community is learning for the mistakes of other PoS systems.

QFT.

Seriously, this.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:05:27 AM

Why does it take so long till the coin will launch? Why does it takes a month to create a final stake holder list. I'm not impatient, but we as investors, invested a lot of NXT/BTC, I would like to know when this coin will launch... can somebody tell me that please. thanks
gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:08:54 AM

It seems they are doing a self destructing thing. They are creating a coin called nodecoin. People can get nodecoins almost free by running a separate program when they are forging and running nodes. Then they artificially set a price for these worthless nodecoins. It is 1 nodecoin= 0.01 NXT. How they came up this price is a mystery. If this nodecoin is created by some stranger instead of their own hired programmer, it would be no value and no one will buy it. But this is created by a Nxt hired programmer and he will use the community funds to buy these nodecoins. I doubt that any nxters are willing to buy nodecoins out of their own pockets. but this program controls millions of NXT in the funds. Therefore, the nodecoins suddenly become valuable. In the future, nodecoins will also play a role in other transactions. These worthless coins become valuable at the cost of NXT. This nodecoin will dilute NXT. They said that the nodecoins are for rewarding people running nodes and servers. Why don't they reward people with NXT which can build NXT's utility and value, instead they create a worthless coin to compete with NXT and it could become a potential Trojan horse in NXT. All this is so weird and the most weird thing is that most of the community members even believe that the nodecoin is a good thing.

In a word, NXT community  lacks of leadership.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:11:06 AM

Why does it take so long till the coin will launch? Why does it takes a month to create a final stake holder list. I'm not impatient, but we as investors, invested a lot of NXT/BTC, I would like to know when this coin will launch... can somebody tell me that please. thanks

We didn't invest that much. No one person really invested that much in terms of USD. These guys are doing this part time i think.

I'll admit, I for one, am impatient, but it is what it is. Maybe we can create a fund and if all the stakeholders donate enough we can hire another programmer.
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:12:01 AM

It's thousands of lines of code, you need to debug it, test again, debug, test.

There is a series of steps taken in order to create a succesful system out of thin air.

They are working on something of quality, just be patient and you'll be rewarded.

Besides, for the amount of $$ we invested is really not much.  If this project is succesful, you'll be glad you waited.

The range of time is anywhere from April-July, I included extra time just in case they get it done earlier or later.  You never know.
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:15:33 AM

It seems they are doing a self destructing thing. They are creating a coin called nodecoin. People can get nodecoins almost free by running a separate program when they are forging and running nodes. Then they artificially set a price for these worthless nodecoins. It is 1 nodecoin= 0.01 NXT. How they came up this price is a mystery. If this nodecoin is created by some stranger instead of their own hired programmer, it would be no value and no one will buy it. But this is created by a Nxt hired programmer and he will use the community funds to buy these nodecoins. I doubt that any nxters are willing to buy nodecoins out of their own pockets. but this program controls millions of NXT in the funds. Therefore, the nodecoins suddenly become valuable. In the future, nodecoins will also play a role in other transactions. These worthless coins become valuable at the cost of NXT. This nodecoin will dilute NXT. They said that the nodecoins are for rewarding people running nodes and servers. Why don't they reward people with NXT to build NXT's utility and value, instead they create a worthless coin to compete with NXT and it could become a potential Trojan horse in NXT. All this is so weird and the most weird thing is that most of the community members even believe that the nodecoin is a good thing.

In a word, NXT community  lacks of leadership.

The leader (BCNext) sort of just disappeared.  I still don't understand, it was a good idea when it was a cryptocurrency 2.0 but now it has turned into an exchange where you buy tokens to have permissions to use that exchange.  I don't get it anymore, I lost hope in the project.
gwinevere

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 03:20:24 AM

QFT.

Seriously, this.

+1
The NEM client needs to be a simple one-click installer, nothing like NXT client.
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: