Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:03:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
zsutbd

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:13:43 AM

The fatal flaw of NXT has been discovered. So there will be legitimate copies of NXT in near future.

I don't know how this will effect NEM or not. Time will tell.

Now it seems that huge egitimate copies of BTC,but this is helpful for the further development of BTC.

NEM:NCVE3G-VBES2G-H7QEUG-L25X6E-EGYSPC-3DMFXM-UIP7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sampsonm

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:30:31 AM

I also have to stress that i think the key isn't in just distribution or the fear of dumping, but also in making sure we have ACTIVE stakeholders who are prepared to donate a portion of their NEM to community promotions and other initiatives.

This is the big problem with NXT right now. In order for the idea to succeed in such a competitive market, it'll take community effort to make NEM stand out. This also means, imo, getting NEM to have some presence on the deep web as well as more legit retailers.

I will be donating NEM for a forging system that runs on the Raspberry Pi, waiting for some NEM and waiting for that RPi bounty to be listed.

Funfact: NEM will probably note use the term forging as it is connected to POS and NXT. If you read some of my posts I already used the word foraging (i guess people thought it's a typo) Smiley
Not sure this is final though but I like it.

PoW= Mining
PoS= Forging
PoI= Foraging
or
PoI= Guarding

NXT chose to use the word forging in the metallurgical sense, unfortunately the general public views it with a criminal connotation.
I like the idea of having a new name for POI, but from a marketing perspective foraging is not much better.

I looked-up foraging in Merriam-Webster and several other dictionaries.

Definition of Forage.
1: Food for animals especially when taken by browsing or grazing. Grasses and other plants that are eaten by animals (such as cows).
2: Search for provisions. To wander in search of forage or food, browse, graze, pasture, rustle.

Agriculture and animal husbandry? Does this sound like NEM?

Foraging has a lot of associations and many are negative:
browsing, collecting, combing, eat, explore, feed, ferret, fodder, gathering, graze, harvesting, hunt, looking for, nibble, nose around, peeking,
peering, pilfer, plunder, probing, prying, raid, ransack, ravage, rifling, root about, rummage around, rummaging, scavenge, scouring, scrounge,
searching, seeking, sifting.

"I am mining bitcoin." or "I mine bitcoin." or "We are mining bitcoin." Sounds fine. 
"I am forging NXT." or "I forge NXT." or "We are forging NXT."  Sounds like we are coping NXT illegally.
"I am foraging NEM." or I forage NEM." or "We are foraging NEM." Makes us sound like we are cows foraging in the pasture.
"I am guarding NEM." or I guard NEM." or "We are guarding NEM." Sounds slightly better.   

Foraging implies searching and collecting.
If you are a forager for NEM you are randomly, willy-nilly searching and collecting NEM.

A guard protects and gets paid.
If you are a guard for NEM you are protecting the NEM network and can get compensated with the transaction fee.
NEM soldiers guarding the NEM network.

Also the pronunciation of foraging is too silmilar to forging, some people will find it confusing when they hear it.
The forging mechanism in NEM needs to have it's own term for PoI. Guarding is a better description, but we need to think more about this and
come up with the perfect name.

sorry patmast3r, I did notice the "typo" and thought it was a joke or typo. I like reading your posts, it's just my logomisia.

NullOp

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:17:47 AM

"3. How can I get my shares ?

You will need to access your BTT account to send a PM or make a post confirming the ownership of the account to claim your share. Detail instructions in an announcement will be posted here, NEM reddit, NEM facebook, ournem website and the announcement will last at least 5 days. It is your responsibility to read and follow the instructions to claim your shares. So please check back frequently. Thanks."

Here is my post claiming ownership of my account. I don't know if I've missed an announcement; there seems to be hundreds of pages of comments.
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:04:21 AM

You will need to access your BTT account to send a PM or make a post confirming the ownership of the account to claim your share. Detail instructions in an announcement will be posted here, NEM reddit, NEM facebook, ournem website and the announcement will last at least 5 days. It is your responsibility to read and follow the instructions to claim your shares. So please check back frequently. Thanks."

Here is my post claiming ownership of my account. I don't know if I've missed an announcement; there seems to be hundreds of pages of comments.

You're too late man. Sorry.

Jk. Every update is posted on the first page.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:35:11 AM

She never posted anything here after that, ... top 50 c4s store (that is clips4sale) anyone can confirm she isn't me Smiley

now that's interesting, would she consider selling clips for nem?
(maybe in some limited amount)

We will need some some kind of decentralized digital store. The price fluctuation (compared to fiat) would be a problem too. It will be pain to change prices if Nem goes up and down 100% in a day.  She can bring some other top c4s sellers too if she realize that will be good for her as stakeholder (or if she is paid).

(though most of them won't be interested if they have to deal with price fluctuations).

By the way, I know contact address of clips4sale owner (his name  is neil), and months ago when I suggested to him to accept bitcoins, he backed off immediately when he saw price fluctuations.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:36:04 AM

You're too late man. Sorry.

Jk. Every update is posted on the first page.

Did I miss something also? To whom I need to send PM?
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:44:10 AM

any updates on when the initial distribution will take place?
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:46:21 AM

All of the updates are on page one. The last update was on March 12, I believe. Nem won't be ready until around June, so don't worry, the distribution of the coins hasn't started yet.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
gustav

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:47:23 AM

All of the updates are on page one. The last update was on March 12, I believe. Nem won't be ready until around June, so don't worry, the distribution of the coins hasn't started yet.

ok. i just wanted to be sure. thanks for the info.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:58:34 AM

PoW= Mining
PoS= Forging
PoI= Foraging
or
PoI= Guarding

NXT chose to use the word forging in the metallurgical sense, unfortunately the general public views it with a criminal connotation.
I like the idea of having a new name for POI, but from a marketing perspective foraging is not much better.

I looked-up foraging in Merriam-Webster and several other dictionaries.

Definition of Forage.
1: Food for animals especially when taken by browsing or grazing. Grasses and other plants that are eaten by animals (such as cows).
2: Search for provisions. To wander in search of forage or food, browse, graze, pasture, rustle.

Agriculture and animal husbandry? Does this sound like NEM?

Foraging has a lot of associations and many are negative:
browsing, collecting, combing, eat, explore, feed, ferret, fodder, gathering, graze, harvesting, hunt, looking for, nibble, nose around, peeking,
peering, pilfer, plunder, probing, prying, raid, ransack, ravage, rifling, root about, rummage around, rummaging, scavenge, scouring, scrounge,
searching, seeking, sifting.

"I am mining bitcoin." or "I mine bitcoin." or "We are mining bitcoin." Sounds fine. 
"I am forging NXT." or "I forge NXT." or "We are forging NXT."  Sounds like we are coping NXT illegally.
"I am foraging NEM." or I forage NEM." or "We are foraging NEM." Makes us sound like we are cows foraging in the pasture.
"I am guarding NEM." or I guard NEM." or "We are guarding NEM." Sounds slightly better.   

Foraging implies searching and collecting.
If you are a forager for NEM you are randomly, willy-nilly searching and collecting NEM.

A guard protects and gets paid.
If you are a guard for NEM you are protecting the NEM network and can get compensated with the transaction fee.
NEM soldiers guarding the NEM network.

Also the pronunciation of foraging is too silmilar to forging, some people will find it confusing when they hear it.
The forging mechanism in NEM needs to have it's own term for PoI. Guarding is a better description, but we need to think more about this and
come up with the perfect name.

sorry patmast3r, I did notice the "typo" and thought it was a joke or typo. I like reading your posts, it's just my logomisia.

Interesting post - I dont understand the obsession with using a physical activity verb-form which has no physical representation at all...
Why not accept that what a node will be doing is validating a NEM transaction, drop the fiction of some hard to relate physical activity
Words that could be used (mundane) I agree...

Validate - Validater - Validating - Validation
Ratify - Ratifier - Ratifying - Ratification
Affirm - Affirmer - Affirming - Affirmation
Confirm - Confirmer - Confirming - Confirmation

utopianfuture (OP)

Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

Look NEM in essence is about equal distribution of wealth to all stakeholders, do you honestly think UP ever intended for people to have multiple stakes even in the beginning Huh I think not.  You are basically saying dont correct a mistake even when we all know it is a mistake due to some minor technicality.

A good audit will only enhance the reputation of NEM, whatever u think.  Calling UP dishonest is very harsh, he is trying to give every one an equal opportunity, I don't think u will find many people opposing that.

That person who claims to have 90 stakes, if you support him on a mere technicality, when he even admits to gaming the system blatantly then u are either crazy or a robot without the capability of using judgment.

Yes, In the beginning utopianfuture argued in support of sockpuppets. I know I said I was done with this, but utopianfuture's use of the "rape" analogy is really quite sleazy.

This argument that taint analysis is like DNA testing, so now we can catch rapists analogy is ridiculous, and offensive too.

If he wants to compare sockpuppets with rapists, then how does he explain the post below? Using UP's own chosen analogy he's basically saying "if a guy goes to the trouble of stalking a woman, holding her down, then raping her, then he went to a lot of trouble so he deserves to have sex because he put in a lot of effort"

What a ridiculous and dangerous analogy you choose to use!!

Using your chosen analogy, this is what you were saying back on 22 January.

"Furthermore, it takes time to rape someone. It takes time to stalk the victim and hold them down ... That's a lot of work already and if someone can go through all of that they have shown a lot of interest in NEM and probably deserve their stakes."

That's your chosen analogy - catching sockpuppets is like catching rapists.

Read what utopianfuture wrote.

1.) Are you going to PM the account passwords to all initial stakeholders? I think it'd be a good idea to compile a list (google docs) of everybody who is interested and paid the fee.

2.) How are you going to prevent multiple buyins?

3.) Make the color of the NEM logo silver/grey to emphasize the silver to gold idea.

1. I have worked out a plan. It should work well. List of stakeholders are coming soon.

2. I won't prevent multiple buy-in. It is impossible to prevent people making two- three accounts and register for them. But it won't matter much as our user bases would

be huge. Furthermore, it takes time to make multiple accounts. It takes time to manage multiple accounts. Later on you would need to provide me passwords on these

accounts. That's a lot of work already and if someone can go through all of that they have shown a lot of interest in NEM and probably deserve their stakes. And at this point,

more accounts means more development fund to NEM. So I don't see the need to prevent multiple buy-in. It is very different from someone putting 10.000 NXT in and buy 10%

stake of NEM. I very much doubt anyone can have more than 5-6 buy-ins. I hope this explanation clears the worry about double buy-in.

3. in progress.

Shame on you utopianfuture! Rape should not be trivialised!

You are a very dishonest and I am going to weed out every single sock puppet like you. To your idiot and dishonest brain, DNA testing is given as an example of how new method of detecting illegal activities can be applied retrospectively. Don't confuse new method/ measure with new rules and don't confuse how an comparison is set up.

Go on make more fun of yourself. None cares about the stupid words you wrote because it is getting more and more ridiculous.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:04:01 AM

I think we should have a new thread for multiple account discussion as pat suggested. This issue is clogging up the whole thread. Dgex_victim did you even try to understand what I was trying to say, I think you just high lited one sentence out of context and argue on that.

Ok bad analogy but we get the message, no need to show you took a logic course. read UPs post that you posted above, he says 5-6 accounts will not make a lot of difference and the audit is allowing 5 accounts.  

At first I thought u were just a stakeholder sharing his opinion , now with your constant attack on UP I am beginning to doubt your intentions. How many accounts do you really have or are you just jealous the coins you invested in were carp.  Angry
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:13:26 AM

Yes, In the beginning utopianfuture argued in support of sockpuppets. I know I said I was done with this, but utopianfuture's use of the "rape" analogy is really quite sleazy.

This argument that taint analysis is like DNA testing, so now we can catch rapists analogy is ridiculous, and offensive too.

If he wants to compare sockpuppets with rapists, then how does he explain the post below? Using UP's own chosen analogy he's basically saying "if a guy goes to the trouble of stalking a woman, holding her down, then raping her, then he went to a lot of trouble so he deserves to have sex because he put in a lot of effort"

What a ridiculous and dangerous analogy you choose to use!!

Using your chosen analogy, this is what you were saying back on 22 January.

"Furthermore, it takes time to rape someone. It takes time to stalk the victim and hold them down ... That's a lot of work already and if someone can go through all of that they have shown a lot of interest in NEM and probably deserve their stakes."

Utopianfuture was on the side of the 'rapists/sockpuppets' back in January.

Read what utopianfuture wrote.

1.) Are you going to PM the account passwords to all initial stakeholders? I think it'd be a good idea to compile a list (google docs) of everybody who is interested and paid the fee.

2.) How are you going to prevent multiple buyins?

3.) Make the color of the NEM logo silver/grey to emphasize the silver to gold idea.

1. I have worked out a plan. It should work well. List of stakeholders are coming soon.

2. I won't prevent multiple buy-in. It is impossible to prevent people making two- three accounts and register for them. But it won't matter much as our user bases would be huge. Furthermore, it takes time to make multiple accounts. It takes time to manage multiple accounts. Later on you would need to provide me passwords on these accounts. That's a lot of work already and if someone can go through all of that they have shown a lot of interest in NEM and probably deserve their stakes. And at this point, more accounts means more development fund to NEM. So I don't see the need to prevent multiple buy-in. It is very different from someone putting 10.000 NXT in and buy 10% stake of NEM. I very much doubt anyone can have more than 5-6 buy-ins. I hope this explanation clears the worry about double buy-in.

3. in progress.

Shame on you utopianfuture! Rape should not be trivialised!

Wow dude...now it's becoming absurd.
I rememeber that post and if i remember it correctly then there was nothing about rapes in there (I'm sure there were more posts about this so I may be remembering a different one). He said it takes time to create all those accounts and posts and that if someone goes through that than he has shown a lot of interenest in NEM. The sentence you are posting doesn't even make sense. I takes time to rape someone so they have shown interest in NEM -  really ? At least post a poper quote of it so we can jump to the actual post and see for ourselfs or was that a pm ?
He did say this (example of a proper quote btw)

That's one measure. Unfortunately for you, we do have some more new measures such as taint analysis + activity analysis to detect people with many accounts. I would consider applying them retrospectively is similar to applying DNA testing to samples from raping cases occurred before the invention of DNA testing. In both instances, they are quite useful, don't you think ?  

which is not trivializing rape at all. The mentioning of rape is not necessary because DNA is surely used for other cases as well but it's not offending.
Long story shot: Give a poper quote or link so we can see the actual posts or leave it be.

ashapasa

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:26:04 AM

Again what is your agenda, i hope you are not the same person who wanted a refund before the ipo for not seeing the whitepaper Grin .
dgex_victim

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:27:42 AM

Again what is your agenda, i hope you are not the same person who wanted a refund before the ipo for not seeing the whitepaper Grin .

My agenda - I don't like 'spin'!
Emill

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:32:13 AM

lol i was thinking the same, copy post, copy post, copy post same style nothing to say BORING
ashapasa

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:32:53 AM

Lets ask the stakeholders

friends who wants people having 20-30 stakes in NEM.
utopianfuture (OP)

Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:35:25 AM

No long quotes and shouting? How refreshing ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:35:37 AM

UP chose to use the catching sockpuppets with DNA testing retrospectively is like catching sockpuppets retrospectively. Obvious difference is the cops were always trying to catch rapists BEFORE DNA testing. Utopianfuture's quotes from january show he accepted sockpuppets, and even defended their 'work ethic'. His quotes! Bad to use rape in his argument I would say. See below

Hold on a second. Don't change topic now. We're not talking about wether or not apllying that rule retrospectively is cool or not anymore.
You said that UP trivialized rape and I want to see a proper quote for that post now.
The post I quoted mentions rape in an unecessary but not bad or offending way imho.  

I want to see a quote where this

Utopianfuture was on the side of the 'rapists/sockpuppets' back in January.

was said or implied.
You just accused someone of trivializing rape and not only of changing the rules anymore. Now show proof for what this accusation is based on.

Changing the thread now would leave UP accused and that would shed abad light on NEM so this should be resolved here and asap.

Emill

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:35:53 AM

The world is not enough i want 31 pls  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: