Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
UtopianNow

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:36:36 PM

Both are good offers  Smiley but no thanks, I am holding mine for at least a full year  Huh call me crazy but I really believe anyone selling their stakes right now will never be able to forgive himself when NEM becomes big. If NEM flops you are losing at most 50 bucks not a disaster if it succeeds who knows what it can be worth. Friends hold tight, help build the coin and we can all be winners  Wink

NEM has potential to become the silver to NXT's gold, just as LTC is the silver to BTC's gold in POW coins.

Today, as I write:
BTC marketcap is $7,352,253,598
LTC marketcap is $440,369,745

LTC has ~6% the marketcap of BTC

I'm valuing NEM at 10% marketcap of NXT.

With 4 times the coins for NEM over NXT, my offer is 1 NXT for 40 NEM.

This offer is competitive, and risk free if you have multiple NEM stakes.

Keep some NEM stakes, sell your socks, get a stake in NXT.

Instant risk free profit.

Send PM if you prefer.

Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:19:03 PM

Both are good offers  Smiley but no thanks, I am holding mine for at least a full year  Huh call me crazy but I really believe anyone selling their stakes right now will never be able to forgive himself when NEM becomes big. If NEM flops you are losing at most 50 bucks not a disaster if it succeeds who knows what it can be worth. Friends hold tight, help build the coin and we can all be winners  Wink

NEM has potential to become the silver to NXT's gold, just as LTC is the silver to BTC's gold in POW coins.

Today, as I write:

Send PM if you prefer.

I really dont understand how u made these assumptions. So u just calculate NEM market cap without even knowing what the NEM would be after development process is done. There is a significant possibility that NEM could be more usable in terms of a currency (distribution, POI, etc). And based upon your willingness to buy shares even before launch, i highly doubt that you have calculated very different valuation to the coin.

IMO it would fair to stop puplish these predictions, when the only purpose is to get cheap stakes and benefit on those.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:50:21 PM

Today, as I write:

Send PM if you prefer.

I really dont understand how u made these assumptions. So u just calculate NEM market cap without even knowing what the NEM would be after development process is done. There is a significant possibility that NEM could be more usable in terms of a currency (distribution, POI, etc). And based upon your willingness to buy shares even before launch, i highly doubt that you have calculated very different valuation to the coin.

IMO it would fair to stop puplish these predictions, when the only purpose is to get cheap stakes and benefit on those.

He claimed in another post that he had a budget of 10 million NxT ($330K USD).  That means, for a coin he thinks "could fail", he wants to purchase 14% of all upcoming NEM in circulation.   14% sounds little but to put into perspective - Satoshi has the largest Bitcoin wallet and he only owns like 8% or so.

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:51:22 PM

Today, as I write:

Send PM if you prefer.

He came across like an used car salesmen.

He's deliberately trying to drive down the value and his messages aren't that well thought through.  He probably choose the name UtopianNow, to look like Utopianfuture's name.  Second - he claimed in an earlier post to have a budget of 25,000,000 NxT but according to his conversion he could only afford a quarter of a stake. . . .

10% of NxT's market cap?  Lmao!!  For someone who has that much NxT, you would think he would remember that NxT was going to the moon until the IPO scandal became public knowledge.  It doesn't matter how good NxT becomes, that IPO stigma can't really go away.  I know Bitcoin was concentrated in a few hands but analogies are poor evidence as I could say something like we used to execute people for shoplifting and therefore we should bring back capital punishment for shoplifting.

That other guy who was offering 3-5 BTC ($1500 to $2000) was making a more realistic offer.

I think SBOSS is right. People should be very careful with selling their stake at a cheap price and then cry later.

While Nxt has a lot of value(and I believe in Nxt), it has become clear by now that the distribution was something of a problem(the least said) which is still affecting the value of Nxt.

In Nem case, this is a real advantage. The distribution seems already a success and this was only the first step. Since this is an innovative coin, our value is not bound in any way to the value of Nxt or any other currency for that matter. With such a promising beginning and depending on the value we manage to create, it is not at all excluded that Nem could and maybe will surpass the value of Nxt (sooner than we think?). This remains a very interesting experiment and results may be very surprising indeed.

A lot more offers will come. If you sell at least sell at a good price.
UtopianNow

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:55:52 PM

I base my valuation for NEM using similar methods to other investors. Past history, fundamentals, competition etc.

Price discovery process for NEM has started and the market will decide in the end.

If I were offering fiat I would expect red flags to go up.

I am offering NXT for NEM.

Both NXT & NEM have huge potential.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

Well, these offers are at least an encouraging sign of belief from non stakeholders. It'll be fun to see what transpires once some proper heat builds up.
jnuqsx

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:15:29 AM

There seems to be a lot of envy from the ones that didn't become stakeholder.
Please start trolling somewhere else, this No Envy Movement is not a place for
you anyway..
I agree with you
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:25:36 AM

Well, these offers are at least an encouraging sign of belief from non stakeholders. It'll be fun to see what transpires once some proper heat builds up.

I have a reservation for a stake but I am not interested in this offer.

It's not competitive.  There were other interested people who were offering 4 to 5 BTC (which is around $2K USD).  Your offer of 25,000 NxT ($750) is not competitive with those offers.

Personally, the only thing I would consider is minimum $5K but that would be conditional on if I needed money.

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
UtopianNow

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:32:08 AM

I think SBOSS is right. People should be very careful with selling their stake at a cheap price and then cry later.

While Nxt has a lot of value(and I believe in Nxt), it has become clear by now that the distribution was something of a problem(the least said) which is still affecting the value of Nxt.

In Nem case, this is a real advantage. The distribution seems already a success and this was only the first step. Since this is an innovative coin, our value is not bound in any way to the value of Nxt or any other currency for that matter. With such a promising beginning and depending on the value we manage to create, it is not at all excluded that Nem could and maybe will surpass the value of Nxt (sooner than we think?). This remains a very interesting experiment and results may be very surprising indeed.

A lot more offers will come. If you sell at least sell at a good price.

POS distribution will always attract criticism from someone who missed out.

73 for NXT was small, `3000 for NEM is also small compared to the size of the eventual user base.

NXT & NEM both had open & transparent distributions, so future investors will only be concerned with the technology.

'Fairness' of initial distribution is neutral for NXT & NEM.

What matters is the the quality of the product, and the network effect it creates.

Listen to Adam B Levine.

Hey all,
Adam here - If you think about NXT and XCP like "fundraisers" than you're missing the point.

They are not fundraisers, they are spreading-around-the-blame.   Both projects (NXT and counterparty) have anonymous developers, both of them have no mining to distribute coins as Satoshi did, and neither of them apparently needed development funds because NXT raised about $2000 worth of BTC and XCP burned 2100BTC.

So compare that to a method where they sell the tokens - Whose going to buy a new, proof of stake token from someone who won't even tell you their name?  Not many.

Compare it to a method where they give them away - They reward only people who wait for opportunities where they can get something for nothing and those people with more time than anything useful to do with it will become your first line of distribution, and will probably be happy with just about anything because there was no cost for them to acquire it.

But either raising a trivial amount of money (NXT) or simply saying "throw it in the fire and nobody will get it" (XCP) require a proof of give-a-shit and at least pretend to understand it enough to warrant throwing good money into a black hole for what might be a hoax or scam.   It's not ideal, but it's simple.

And because there is no giant pile of money, there is problem of how do you spend a giant pile of money.

As mentioned, I am building projects on all viable platforms, NXT is one of the top contenders from my analysis of the available options.

If NEM  software is mostly cloned from NXT with a few changes 1:40 will be a very good deal.

Distribution debate is not relevant outside the crypto community.

Jo Public missed out on NXT & NEM
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:37:24 AM

well, it is still 60 days of Nxt IPO against 30 days of NEM, so you can count it also: 2:1
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

well, it is still 60 days of Nxt IPO against 30 days of NEM, so you can count it also: 2:1

NEM waiting list is still going on.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:16:29 AM

To utopiannow:

There is allready marketplace section in btt, so i suggest you to continue your effort there.

Your whole story sounds shady and from investor perspective your actions seems two-fold.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
UtopianNow

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

To utopiannow:

There is allready marketplace section in btt, so i suggest you to continue your effort there.

Your whole story sounds shady and from investor perspective your actions seems two-fold.

My offer will only be active for the first 48-72 hours after the NEM stakes have been transferred to the stakeholders.

I need to post in the main NEM thread to be sure that the majority of NEM stakeholders see my offer.

Many NEM stakeholders would not look in the marketplace section, so for the sake of 'fairness' I have posted in the main NEM thread for visibility.

I am looking for a trusted party to provide escrow, so there is nothing shady.

I am an investor who wants to diversify my portfolio. I also have an idea that requires having a large stake in a viable crypto currency.

Once the details of how the NEM stakes are claimed is made public I will be in a position to finalise how the transfer will proceed.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

It depends on your definition of an IPO.  NXT's official IPO may had been the 60 or so days, but the real IPO lasted less than a week.  The 60 day thing is when they released all the NxT in November and declared the IPO over during the "official launch" in February.

NxT's official launch has been claimed to had been in January / February but, if you had held NxT like me, you would know that NxT was being traded long before that and the price back then was higher than it is now.   Grin

lol - no, Nxt IPO was from September till November - 60 days
fllybird

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:40:24 AM

selling 1 stake in nem for 100k nxt..(devs if im not allowed to sell my stake please inform me) thanks

The wait list is still running ,
they can pay less than 1K nxt to have 1 stake.
so ...  you are a really funning guy.

Lips sealed
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:42:05 AM

WTF IS GOING HERE?! why is everybody talking about selling stakes if there even is not a coin or anything?! just some logos of NEM. Don't understand you all
swartzfeger

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:14:33 AM

WTF IS GOING HERE?! why is everybody talking about selling stakes if there even is not a coin or anything?! just some logos of NEM. Don't understand you all

Everybody isn't talking about selling their stakes -- it's a very vocal but very, very, VERY SMALL minority.

Besides, a big part of NEM is distribution. Let people sell (and regret it later).

NEM is in a tough position like most coins go through. Actually, tougher. These are pre-launch jitters. We have no wallet to look at, no candle chart to watch rise (or fall) on an exchange, no meaningful media swarms to participate in... we're in a holding pattern. The stakeholder list will be finalized, some will bitch, most will be happy, and we'll arrive unscathed in a few months with a wallet and (hopefully) a one-way ticket to the moon.

Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:48:55 AM

I think NEM has the potential to become the platinum to NXT's gold.

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:50:38 AM

If NEM  software is mostly cloned from NXT with a few changes 1:40 will be a very good deal.

You seem to be misinformed. There is no common code between NEM and NXT. Aside from the "N", they're completely different.

NEM - nem.io
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:54:42 AM

Everybody isn't talking about selling their stakes -- it's a very vocal but very, very, VERY SMALL minority.

Besides, a big part of NEM is distribution. Let people sell (and regret it later).

this
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: