Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:01:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
LuckyKey

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:14:05 PM

Hold on, hold on... If the price does spike early due to limited supply, that's what will trigger people who already generate solar to start submitting their claims in earnest which will start adding to the supply (coins in circulation). That will keep the price in check from going too high in the short term because many of those claimants will be more inclined to sell or be inclined to accept SLR as payment and get transactions under way.

So exciting to think about all of this! I think we are about to witness something special and unique with SolarCoin.  Shocked Many books will be written about it in the future. I might start taking notes now... LOL

Nice to see the excitement!  :-)

I believe it could also make sense if the solarcoin foundation, being so well represented in the community, approach the photovoltaics companies (manufacturers) to subsidize the coin, to spur investment into their products.  Even if a very small percentage of their sales could go to subsidizing the solar coin initiative, it could really add up. If solarcoins hit the $10-$50 range, it would truly initiate growth in the solar power usage, and they would get that small investment back quite easily; and probably be eligible for some corporate tax right-off of the contribution to the solar coin foundation. Why wouldn't the manufacturers collectively provide some incentive?  According to the following photovoltaics companies wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photovoltaics_companies), it appears that the top manufacturing companies have a large % of the market.  I would start there   Wink  Although, I am not sure how you would go about distributing any $ that were contributed to the solarcoin foundation?  How would you go about connecting the $ to the individual coins?  Could you have additional coins awarded periodically to those that hold their coins, kinda like a PoS system? Of course you would have to only apply that to the mined coins (not the pre-mined/award coins). Maybe there's an easier way?  That would have to take more thought :-)

Exciting times for a solid crypto coin, that has a great backing!
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:31:45 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 01:22:18 AM by LuckyKey

Hold on, hold on... If the price does spike early due to limited supply, that's what will trigger people who already generate solar to start submitting their claims in earnest which will start adding to the supply (coins in circulation). That will keep the price in check from going too high in the short term because many of those claimants will be more inclined to sell or be inclined to accept SLR as payment and get transactions under way.

So exciting to think about all of this! I think we are about to witness something special and unique with SolarCoin.  Shocked Many books will be written about it in the future. I might start taking notes now... LOL

Nice to see the excitement!  :-)

I believe it could also make sense if the solarcoin foundation, being so well represented in the community, approach the photovoltaics companies (manufacturers) to subsidize the coin, to spur investment into their products.  Even if a very small percentage of their sales could go to subsidizing the solar coin initiative, it could really add up. If solarcoins hit the $10-$50 range, it would truly initiate growth in the solar power usage, and they would get that small investment back quite easily; and probably be eligible for some corporate tax right-off of the contribution to the solar coin foundation. Why wouldn't the manufacturers collectively provide some incentive?  According to the following photovoltaics companies wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photovoltaics_companies), it appears that the top manufacturing companies have a large % of the market.  I would start there   Wink  Although, I am not sure how you would go about distributing any $ that were contributed to the solarcoin foundation?  How would you go about connecting the $ to the individual coins?  Could you have additional coins awarded periodically to those that hold their coins, kinda like a PoS system? Of course you would have to only apply that to the mined coins (not the pre-mined/award coins). Maybe there's an easier way?  That would have to take more thought :-)

Just to clarify;

In the example of using a PoS type reward system, where I said only award to the mined coins, I meant not to award to the coins still in storage (not awarded), as well.  The idea was that those that made claims to accumulate coins, as well as those coins that were mined, could benefit from holding their solarcoins from some kind of value created by the $ that could be donated from the manufacturers.

freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:43:00 PM

So exciting to think about all of this! I think we are about to witness something special and unique with SolarCoin.  Shocked Many books will be written about it in the future. I might start taking notes now... LOL

Nice to see the excitement!  :-)

I believe it could also make sense if the solarcoin foundation, being so well represented in the community, approach the photovoltaics companies (manufacturers) to subsidize the coin, to spur investment into their products.  Even if a very small percentage of their sales could go to subsidizing the solar coin initiative, it could really add up. If solarcoins hit the $10-$50 range, it would truly initiate growth in the solar power usage, and they would get that small investment back quite easily; and probably be eligible for some corporate tax right-off of the contribution to the solar coin foundation. Why wouldn't the manufacturers collectively provide some incentive?  According to the following photovoltaics companies wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photovoltaics_companies), it appears that the top manufacturing companies have a large % of the market.  I would start there   Wink  Although, I am not sure how you would go about distributing any $ that were contributed to the solarcoin foundation?  How would you go about connecting the $ to the individual coins?  Could you have additional coins awarded periodically to those that hold their coins, kinda like a PoS system? Of course you would have to only apply that to the mined coins (not the pre-mined/award coins). Maybe there's an easier way?  That would have to take more thought :-)

I agree that it would be a good idea to approach large solar companies and seek investment or grants from them. Certainly developing such a relationship of mutual benefit between the Foundation and the companies could help SolarCoin to catch on.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

Regarding PoS, there has been some talk about that among SolarCoin volunteers and it's something the Foundation will be studying carefully.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:17:52 AM

Regarding PoS, there has been some talk about that among SolarCoin volunteers and it's something the Foundation will be studying carefully.

Every time I see "PoS", something else entirely fills my brain as to what that stands for...  Undecided

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:50:19 AM

I think most urgent matter for SLR is gravity well patch.
Without this, mining will be monopolized by some whales or multi pools.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Mineit

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

I think most urgent matter for SLR is gravity well patch.
Without this, mining will be monopolized by some whales or multi pools.

that is already happening, if the diff is below 3 the net-hashrate triples and so the diff raises is again around 5/6 like now
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:22:43 PM

I read that one company alone, US First Solar (which has about 5% of the market, I believe), recently said it expected net sales in 2014 to range between $3.7 and $4 billion, with higher numbers in 2015 & 2016.  Solarcoin has 100 million mined coins (to be about 75+% completed over the next year or two).  Add on the claimed solarcoins, and the number will climb some - not sure of that growth, so I'll just throw out a number, say 150 million in total over the two years (?).  These companies have revenues in the billions, and profits in the hundreds of millions of dollars annually.  Even if the top companies donated a million a year each to the solarcoin initiative/foundation, that could mean 10 cents on each coin annually. If they donated 5 million a year, it would equate to .50 a coin annually. Any annually guaranteed return on coins would be a double banger for the valuation, as it would spur on demand/desire, as well as incentive for people to hold their coins, which would drive up the price. Could be a real win-win…but would need to be able to implement some sort of reward system; i.e., PoS.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:27:42 PM

Not too concerned about the "whales" for now.  They are most likely selling the majority they mine on the market and people are constantly buying, so the coins are being distributed.

With that kind of hash power, you don't have much of a choice but to sell the bulk, unless you already have a ton of money...

Right now is the time to buy it cheap or mine it and hold....  Grin

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:14:01 PM

instead of complaining why not invest in some equipment to secure the network for $999 on ebay you can buy a gridseed blade with everything included that will do 5.5 mhs or about 2200 solarcoins a day
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:36:25 PM

Hey folks, great interview with Joseph Zitoli (co-founder of SolarCoin) on the Bitcoins & Gravy Show. He definitely took it up a notch.  Grin

Have a listen and let's discuss!

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/bitcoins-gravy-15-to-the-sun/#.U3EDPctOWM8

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:45:24 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 02:13:50 PM by vipgelsi

Hey folks, great interview with Joseph Zitoli (co-founder of SolarCoin) on the Bitcoins & Gravy Show. He definitely took it up a notch.  Grin

Have a listen and let's discuss!

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/bitcoins-gravy-15-to-the-sun/#.U3EDPctOWM8

Very impressive makes me want to buy more solarcoins!
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:45:21 PM

Here we go again. Hash rate just jumped by 500%, up to 950 Mh/s !!!

As soon as the difficulty drops, in they come like flies on s!@#.

Then they take off leaving it in high difficulty mode for days, so that the rest of us can suffer.  This process sucks for the long-term miners,  with much less of a hashing rate, most of which are holding their coins   Angry
LuckyKey

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:04:51 PM

Then they take off leaving it in high difficulty mode for days, so that the rest of us can suffer.  This process sucks for the long-term miners,  with much less of a hashing rate, most of which are holding their coins   Angry

Expect a few more hundred thousand coins to hit the allcrypt streets shortly….

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

It's going to happen. It's very old school. I would suggest switching to rosemining.com At least it'll balance the network a bit and maybe leave the whales with a few less coins.

mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:29:17 AM

This coin is ridiculous. All the loyal followered are fucking getting hammered, dedicating to this coin, and when DIFF goes low all the temp miners hop on, destroy the difficulty and leave these faith miners be with a shit difficulty. Where the fuck is the loyalty for these miners. Miners make this coin run. If you believe this means more "cheap" coins for people then your mistaken because, the price will keep TANKING. A month ago 1400 with the NORM, now its 900, watch what happens next month. Joke Dev, Joke Coin.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:20:15 AM

8.98893164 difficulty
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:27:45 AM

This coin is ridiculous. All the loyal followered are fucking getting hammered, dedicating to this coin, and when DIFF goes low all the temp miners hop on, destroy the difficulty and leave these faith miners be with a shit difficulty. Where the fuck is the loyalty for these miners. Miners make this coin run. If you believe this means more "cheap" coins for people then your mistaken because, the price will keep TANKING. A month ago 1400 with the NORM, now its 900, watch what happens next month. Joke Dev, Joke Coin.

Mining is a small fraction of this coin. It's not designed to be mined, it's designed to be claimed. As far as the price is concerned it's following the natural pattern. I have no doubts this tech is in the right hands. Do some research.

themeco

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:36:01 AM

This difficulty problem needs to be fixed. I understand that mining is only meant to be a part of the coin, but the reason the devs decided to support mining is so that the miners would support the network. If people *cough* Seerhaad *cough* keep jumping on the network when the diff is low they are only going to drive miners away. The people who are dedicated to supporting the network are the ones who get the worse deal as they are stuck mining for lesser reward.

When the diff lowers again as people leave, the whales will jump on again and the cycle will continue.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:24:34 PM

This difficulty problem needs to be fixed. I understand that mining is only meant to be a part of the coin, but the reason the devs decided to support mining is so that the miners would support the network. If people *cough* Seerhaad *cough* keep jumping on the network when the diff is low they are only going to drive miners away. The people who are dedicated to supporting the network are the ones who get the worse deal as they are stuck mining for lesser reward.

When the diff lowers again as people leave, the whales will jump on again and the cycle will continue.

At least the current difficulty is around 9. I will take that any day compared to 7,200 for litecoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: