Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465521 times)
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

christ, is that just poor design or are mongo databases meant to be used for small stuff?

http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2013/11/11/why-you-should-never-use-mongodb/

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luthan

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:18:06 PM

Both, perhaps? I'm only running a single mongodb instance and mongo REALLY shines (apparently) when you replicate it and shard it. So I'm not using it perfectly.

The largest dataset is storing each datapoint at 1 to 5 minute intervals for two weeks. There are currently 27,294,278 data points for 4500 addresses. Each datapoint is 240bytes in size.

convert to mysql and call it a day haha

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:18:36 PM

I don't think you should bother with ghash.io. They are right up against the 40GH/s limit before the bonus is cut.

Clearly, you missed my point entirely..

I didn't miss it at all. You assert that by mining on ghash.io, then we force the whale to share the profits. The assumption being that the whale (who only controls 15GH/s is all there is. There is another 25 GH/S that is on ghash.io, and who knows how much waiting in the wings.

Let's assume that PW moves the entire pool to ghash.io, and the whale moves back to wafflepool (wp is now back to 30 GH/s, and ghash.io is up to 55 GH/s). What have you accomplished? You have caused ghash.io to exceed 40 GH/s, and the reward drops to 1.25. Is it worth sitting at ghash.io for 25% bonus? I don't think it is worth the headaches to PW for a 25% bonus for one week.

Let's say the Whale moderates his return to WP, does PW want to design a complex algorithm to figure out how much of WP to send to ghash.io?
comeonalready

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:19:09 PM

is there a chance that this whale we all talk about is just another "multipool" that is too lazy to run his own shit?

Doesn't really matter either way.  He still controls a significant amount of hashpower.

Out of curiosity, I traced some of the whale's payments through the bitcoin network, and very quickly found about US$3.5 million still sitting unspent in bitcoin wallets.  If the whale were really a pool, then he would have had to pay much of that out to miners.  So it seems that he is indeed a very large farm as he has mentioned, likely with installations located in Guangzhou, Beijing, and Shanghai -- which suggests very strong backing as it has not been necessary for him to convert that much bitcoin into fiat currency in order to cover expenses.

And with all that money, he only donated $63 to Wil for wafflestats.  Well, it's better than nothing I guess!

LPCobris

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:25:15 PM

Both, perhaps? I'm only running a single mongodb instance and mongo REALLY shines (apparently) when you replicate it and shard it. So I'm not using it perfectly.

The largest dataset is storing each datapoint at 1 to 5 minute intervals for two weeks. There are currently 27,294,278 data points for 4500 addresses. Each datapoint is 240bytes in size.

Hi!
Welll Mongo is very crappy... Try to convert to Mysql db and you will see it will be much better!
My hosting plans are for php+Mysql+Apache... If interested pm me!

As for the chinese farm of greedy bastards... The bigger they get, the greedier they become...

I see the chinese investors even worse then American Investors... Sleezy Greedy Bastards, that see capitalism in a very fanatical way...

LPC

luthan

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:25:48 PM

is there a chance that this whale we all talk about is just another "multipool" that is too lazy to run his own shit?

Doesn't really matter either way.  He still controls a significant amount of hashpower.

Out of curiosity, I traced some of the whale's payments through the bitcoin network, and very quickly found about US$3.5 million still sitting unspent in bitcoin wallets.  If the whale were really a pool, then he would have had to pay much of that out to miners.  So it seems that he is indeed a very large farm as he has mentioned, likely with installations located in Guangzhou, Beijing, and Shanghai -- which suggests very strong backing as it has not been necessary for him to convert that much bitcoin into fiat currency in order to cover expenses.

And with all that money, he only donated $63 to Wil for wafflestats.  Well, it's better than nothing I guess!

wowzers, that is a ton of cash.  i bet its a fuckin gpu manufacturer in china using the unsold gpus before shipping them out when needed.  

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
ycsi

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:37:57 PM

As for the chinese farm of greedy bastards... The bigger they get, the greedier they become...

I see the chinese investors even worse then American Investors... Sleezy Greedy Bastards, that see capitalism in a very fanatical way...

LPC

So, if the whale was an American, it would be fine?  Huh The greed you are talking about originates in the US. Now is someone else winning the capitalist game, so what?  Tongue

The whale everyone is talking about just put more money into the game and rightfully so is reaping more rewards. Think of WalMart vs. small local stores.

And, btw, no, I am not Chinese.  Cheesy
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:41:18 PM

Thank you guys for your company but I am going to quit wafflepool for good.

I am going to mine dogecoin on a dedicated mining pools from now on with my mining farm. I think dogecoin value will only rise after the coming fork in 2 days because of static block reward. Hence no more cherry picking those 400,000 blocks. So sad... well it was fun till it lasted.
Also the new algo digishield is going to make it difficult for multipools to take advantage of difficulty adjustment.

With dogecoin rewards next halvening coming in  approx 1 month, and then subsequent halvening every 2 months it will really take off the selling pressure and I genuinely believe it will rise steadily due to its 70,000 strong community on reddit. My guess is it will be worth at least 5 times more than it is now in terms of doge/btc.

I did a big mistake of converting my litecoins for bitcoins for 6 month last year when ltc/btc was between 0.015 and 0.01 only to kick myself when the ratio rose to 0.04 in last dec. If I would have hold on to my litecoins I would be very rich by now.

Not gonna make same mistake again with dogecoin.

So long...
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:47:18 PM

I am going to mine dogecoin on a dedicated mining pools from now on with my mining farm. I think dogecoin value will only rise after the coming fork in 2 days because of static block reward. Hence no more cherry picking those 400,000 blocks. So sad... well it was fun till it lasted.
Also the new algo digishield is going to make it difficult for multipools to take advantage of difficulty adjustment.

With dogecoin rewards next halvening coming in  approx 1 month, and then subsequent halvening every 2 months it will really take off the selling pressure and I genuinely believe it will rise steadily due to its 70,000 strong community on reddit. My guess is it will be worth at least 5 times more than it is now in terms of doge/btc.

I did a big mistake of converting my litecoins for bitcoins for 6 month last year when ltc/btc was between 0.015 and 0.01 only to kick myself when the ratio rose to 0.04 in last dec. If I would have hold on to my litecoins I would be very rich by now.

So long...

I keep half of my hash pointed at doge these days, so I do agree with you. When all said and done, only the altcoins with strong communities will go anywhere. BTC/LTC are too serious for mainstream but I think DOGE fills in a nice broader appeal. Crypto is still young and there is room for 4-5 others outside bitcoin and litecoin
comeonalready

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:00:00 PM

So long...

I keep half of my hash pointed at doge these days, so I do agree with you. When all said and done, only the altcoins with strong communities will go anywhere. BTC/LTC are too serious for mainstream but I think DOGE fills in a nice broader appeal. Crypto is still young and there is room for 4-5 others outside bitcoin and litecoin

Have you ever considered that doge has a large following because people like the uncertainty of variable block rewards (however illusional or perhaps delusional), and that you likely would have been able to accumulate more doge by sending all you hashpower here and then buying doge with btc?

I never would have mentioned this before, but since variable block rewards are going away in a couple days it no longer really matters..

igoork

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:07:38 PM

Why cannot we have option to be payed in LTC and not in BTC?

I mean can it be optional, who want BTC give him BTC who want LTC give him LTC.

Is it possible?
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:08:19 PM

So long...

Have you ever considered that doge has a large following because people like the uncertainty of variable block rewards (however illusional or perhaps delusional), and that you likely would have been able to accumulate more doge by sending all you hashpower here and then buying doge with btc?

I never would have mentioned this before, but since variable block rewards are going away in a couple days it no longer really matters..

That's a fair point. I guess in the bigger scheme of things, it probably averages out over many many many blocks
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:09:17 PM

Alrighty.

So, first things first.  I've been very actively monitoring the GHash hashrate, and been turning on/off proxying accordingly.  Overall, I would say we were like 10% on it throughout the last few hours.  Sometimes at 50%, sometimes 0-5% (more often than 50%).  Its unfortunately not the easiest thing to turn on/off, and its not the most accurate when it comes to exact % (its just our load balancer, and its balancing per connection, some connections are 100khs, some are 10MHs, and the balancer doesn't know/care).  So I've probably been a bit more cautious on average than I should have.

As for the big hashrate loss, as I'm sure most of you know, the vast majority of it comes from one guy (he posted here a while ago).  I confirmed with him that he moved to GHash to take advantage of the offer (expected), and he confirmed that when the offer is out (either at the end of the week, or when it drops based on hashrate) that his plan is to come back to WP, so it looks to be a temporary drop (also expected).

I'll keep tweaking our proxy hashrate as their 2x is available, and if there is a time when I won't be able actively tweak (who needs sleep?!) I'll cut it off at that time (or find someone who can enable/disable via web interface - if I write one before then).
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

Alrighty.

So, first things first.  I've been very actively monitoring the GHash hashrate, and been turning on/off proxying accordingly.  Overall, I would say we were like 10% on it throughout the last few hours.  Sometimes at 50%, sometimes 0-5% (more often than 50%).  Its unfortunately not the easiest thing to turn on/off, and its not the most accurate when it comes to exact % (its just our load balancer, and its balancing per connection, some connections are 100khs, some are 10MHs, and the balancer doesn't know/care).  So I've probably been a bit more cautious on average than I should have.

As for the big hashrate loss, as I'm sure most of you know, the vast majority of it comes from one guy (he posted here a while ago).  I confirmed with him that he moved to GHash to take advantage of the offer (expected), and he confirmed that when the offer is out (either at the end of the week, or when it drops based on hashrate) that his plan is to come back to WP, so it looks to be a temporary drop (also expected).

I'll keep tweaking our proxy hashrate as their 2x is available, and if there is a time when I won't be able actively tweak (who needs sleep?!) I'll cut it off at that time (or find someone who can enable/disable via web interface - if I write one before then).

You are the best!
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:16:31 PM

[/quote]

Dogecoiners discovered about our cherry picking blocks quite a while back and they hate us for that. They dont like variable blocks at all. Thats why they are forking it and call it "fork off multipool". I just saw it on their subreddit.

Since I am going to hold all my dogecoins from now on, it really doesnt matter whether I mine here or at dedicated dogecoin pool. Its all going to be same amount of dogecoins at the end of the day. I might be able to make 5 to 10 percent more here but sellingltc or doge to get btc by wafflepool and then me buying again dogecoin for my btc will narrow down the difference even more.
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

Speaking of the Doge fork (expected in 2-3 days).  Our wallet isn't running 1.6 yet, so at some point in the next day or so, we'll be off of mining Doge for probably 10min-60min as we upgrade and resync blockchains (or at least rescan).  Shouldn't notice anything from a miner perspective, we just won't be mining it during that time.
comeonalready

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:28:38 PM

Alrighty.

I would suggest that you don't even have to monitor the ghash.io hashrate, but just the whale's hashpower HERE, which is up from 2GH/s earlier to 4GH/s now.  For as long as his hashrate here is less than 10GH/s, you can send more hashpower there, and he will yield, as it is in his own best interest to do so.  (Sample math posted somewhere above, but I doubt you need it.)  As much as those bonuses as possible should be shared with EVERYONE in the pool!

I'm currently mining directly at ghash.io so it doesn't matter much to me except as a point of fairness to all.  You're a good egg poolwaffle!

miless2111s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:45:24 PM

WAFFLEStats V1.0 - Summarizin' and Detailin'
Just going to get right to it:

Summary Tab
This new first page shows a stacked filled area chart for balances. This allows for a much cleaner overview of what you're currently earning than the previous line charts. It also overlays payments (green line), hashrate (red line), and the "payout threshold" which is yellow dashes.
The balances are all a shade of blue to help tone down the number of colors and to prevent overwhelming you with information. They are stacked so your "unsent" balance is now shown automatically.

I wonder if it would be possible to reverse the confirmed and unconfirmed?  I know that the current looks much nicer but it can give an incorrect view of when a payment could be possible - stacking the confirmed on top of the unconfirmed hides the point at which you actually cross the payment threshold.  If the stack was the other way around the lower line (confirmed) would cross the threshold line when you could actually be paid.  This would still show the "total" but might not be as pretty.

Great job by the way Smiley

Miles
comeonalready

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:48:43 PM

Since I am going to hold all my dogecoins from now on, it really doesnt matter whether I mine here or at dedicated dogecoin pool. Its all going to be same amount of dogecoins at the end of the day. I might be able to make 5 to 10 percent more here but sellingltc or doge to get btc by wafflepool and then me buying again dogecoin for my btc will narrow down the difference even more.

It's funny.  You don't seem to want to be the most profitable, you just want to be right.  Using your own numbers of possibly being able to make 5-10% more here, even after deducting 1% for pool fees (including transaction fees into bitcoin), and at most another 0.5% to transfer back into dogecoin, you're leaving 3.5-8.5% of your potential profits on the table.  So how does that result in earning the same amount at the end of the day?

comeonalready

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:52:17 PM

It's funny.  You don't seem to want to be the most profitable, you just want to be right.  Using your own numbers of possibly being able to make 5-10% more here, even after deducting 1% for pool fees (including transaction fees into bitcoin), and at most another 0.5% to transfer back into dogecoin, you're leaving 3.5-8.5% of your potential profits on the table.  So how does that result in earning the same amount at the end of the day?

I just figured it out.  If the value of dogecoin drops to zero, you WILL have the same amount at the end of the day!
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: