Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:21:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
msarro

Activity: 788
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:42:54 PM

First post in the thread, and I want to say that poolwaffle has done an awesome job.

That said... one thing I'd really like to see is the ability to hold a particular coin/not exchange it for BTC, and still trade everything else. Right now I have to switch back and forth between wafflepool and another pool (about every 3-4 days) so I can mine and save some altcoins, while the majority of time is spent on wafflepool converting everything to BTC. That allows me to hedge againt price changes over the long run, while bringing in a profit over the short run.

I can sort of get it to work with multipool, but nothing gives me mining results as good as wafflepool. I'd love to only use the one pool and never switch, especially one this reliable.

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
████ █████████████████ ████
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GalacticMiningCorp

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:25:39 PM

First post in the thread, and I want to say that poolwaffle has done an awesome job.

That said... one thing I'd really like to see is the ability to hold a particular coin/not exchange it for BTC, and still trade everything else. Right now I have to switch back and forth between wafflepool and another pool (about every 3-4 days) so I can mine and save some altcoins, while the majority of time is spent on wafflepool converting everything to BTC. That allows me to hedge againt price changes over the long run, while bringing in a profit over the short run.

I can sort of get it to work with multipool, but nothing gives me mining results as good as wafflepool. I'd love to only use the one pool and never switch, especially one this reliable.

I like this idea with a minor variant: specify a percentage of coins to hold back. IE: when WP is mining mooncoin, then hold back 10%, when mining doge, hold back 25% etc.

It's not like poolwaffle has anything else on his plate Wink

This is probably a far-in-the-future feature tho and I'm fine without it. WP is amazing right now.

Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:48:46 PM

I like this idea with a minor variant: specify a percentage of coins to hold back. IE: when WP is mining mooncoin, then hold back 10%, when mining doge, hold back 25% etc.

It's not like poolwaffle has anything else on his plate Wink

This is probably a far-in-the-future feature tho and I'm fine without it. WP is amazing right now.

Interesting idea. Not sure I'd use the percentage feature, but I would be tempted to have a few coins paid out directly rather than converted to BTC.
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:07:24 PM

I just want to say two things.

First, thanks poolwaffle for the great pool. It's reliable and simple to setup and use. Unlike another profit-switching pool, there are no worries about crazy high rejects that no one can really fix. I'm getting 0.3-0.8% here... nice.

Second, this thread is very informative and the folks here seem to honestly want to help each other. I've seen some threads for other pools where the more experienced members seem to enjoy flaming the new guys looking for help. Not so here, thanks for that.   Smiley
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:19:16 PM

I just want to say two things.

First, thanks poolwaffle for the great pool. It's reliable and simple to setup and use. Unlike another profit-switching pool, there are no worries about crazy high rejects that no one can really fix. I'm getting 0.3-0.8% here... nice.

Second, this thread is very informative and the folks here seem to honestly want to help each other. I've seen some threads for other pools where the more experienced members seem to enjoy flaming the new guys looking for help. Not so here, thanks for that.   Smiley

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm here working hard to make sure everything goes smoothly.  Things happen (delayed withdrawals, huge spikes in hashrate, bad days, etc), but overall, people obviously like the pool, so something is going right.  I'll keep doing my part, you guys keep mining Smiley
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:13:09 PM

So you want everyone to get stuck with these unexchanged coins just because you want to hold on to some of them? If you want to keep some of the alt coins, mine them on your own or join a pool specifically for that. Then you can do whatever you want with them.

Zoella

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:21:46 AM

So you want everyone to get stuck with these unexchanged coins just because you want to hold on to some of them? If you want to keep some of the alt coins, mine them on your own or join a pool specifically for that. Then you can do whatever you want with them.

He's not asking for a pool wide implementation, but a user definable option. Nobody gets stuck with anything. This is one of the features I like at Hashcows.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:28:04 AM

Why don't you just add the other pools as balanced mining or quota mining in cgminer? It's simple to setup. You could send 90% to waffle and the other 10 could bounce to your other pools so you are building some coin inventory.
Zoella

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

Why don't you just add the other pools as balanced mining or quota mining in cgminer? It's simple to setup. You could send 90% to waffle and the other 10 could bounce to your other pools so you are building some coin inventory.

I've had issues with --load-balance on both cgminer and bfgminer. I've never gotten either to run with less than a 10% loss in hash rate. Using minepeon to proxy for cubes/blades as well as using CryptoSlax and SMOS for GPU mining. I have not tried running on Windows, but that is not an option for me.
Slow1

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:52:00 AM

As to the suggestion to allow holding of some alt-coins. I think it would be unnecessary complexity to the whole system.  More book keeping etc for the pool.

IF you want to collect some alt-coins "just in case" then take your btc from WP and go buy whatever you wish to hold.  Sure you have to pay a transaction fee but that is probably minimal in the big picture.
dmenace4

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:35:15 AM

I agree getting the good btc for waffle and then buying coins on an exchange especially when the price drops. You may actually get more coins than mining them directly due to the good hash rate and efficiency of waffle pool especially the low 1% fee. This has worked a treat for me on mint coin.

Cheers
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 02:14:55 AM

poolwaffle, I know you said you're for a few days, but please check what's going on with the pool as of now. Today's average is a historically low, at only 0.0064 BTC/MH. Sure it could just be bad luck, but this is too big of a dip for just luck I think.

ndevices

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:23:47 AM

poolwaffle, I know you said you're for a few days, but please check what's going on with the pool as of now. Today's average is a historically low, at only 0.0064 BTC/MH. Sure it could just be bad luck, but this is too big of a dip for just luck I think.
We mine auroracoin which has high difficulty, and didn't find any block.
Zoella

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:33:59 AM

We mine auroracoin which has high difficulty, and didn't find any block.

That and he's looking at a partial day, which just recently kicked over.
Zoella

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:44:08 AM

As to the suggestion to allow holding of some alt-coins. I think it would be unnecessary complexity to the whole system.  More book keeping etc for the pool.

IF you want to collect some alt-coins "just in case" then take your btc from WP and go buy whatever you wish to hold.  Sure you have to pay a transaction fee but that is probably minimal in the big picture.

This is less complexity than all of the yammering for sub 1 difficulty coins and vardiff. This feature request does not affect mining in anyway, and any database that can't handle a few additional fields per record is junk anyway. The only complexity is additional work for WP (which I admit would not be insignificant).

Must say I'm surprised by the negative response to this. Perhaps more posts complaining about vardiff, payouts, asics, BTC/MH, or stats would be preferred? Maybe I'll just go look for answers on the last couple pages and post questions as if I hadn't seen them.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:50:51 AM

This is less complexity than all of the yammering for sub 1 difficulty coins and vardiff. This feature request does not affect mining in anyway, and any database that can't handle a few additional fields per record is junk anyway. The only complexity is additional work for WP (which I admit would not be insignificant).

Must say I'm surprised by the negative response to this. Perhaps more posts complaining about vardiff, payouts, asics, BTC/MH, or stats would be preferred? Maybe I'll just go look for answers on the last couple pages and post questions as if I hadn't seen them.
Do you not see how complicated it would be to implement?  WP has no login system, so how do would you confirm what coins you want to not trade?

WP has better stuff to work on, IMO.  If you want altcoins, go mine them or buy them with BTC.  If you want the best profits, paid in BTC, mine here.
Zoella

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:57:44 AM

Do you not see how complicated it would be to implement?  WP has no login system, so how do would you confirm what coins you want to not trade?

WP has better stuff to work on, IMO.  If you want altcoins, go mine them or buy them with BTC.  If you want the best profits, paid in BTC, mine here.

Eligius and BitMinter (familiar interface?) don't have a login system either, but you are able to merge mine and add multiple coins. A login is NOT required. Some backend coding that works off a signed message using your BTC address will work just fine. Yes it would take time and effort, but don't act like it's something more difficult than the work already done.

Yes, I already admitted it is not a "quick" implementation. Yes, I think profits are more important than anything else. Yes I would rather see posts requesting features over posts asking where their payouts are.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:00:25 AM

It could be coded in the worker username or password (/DOGE={address} or the like). Not sure if there are length limits on those though.

I kind of disagree that buying the coins yourself is a direct substitute. At that point trading costs are being paid twice, which is dumb.

Development priorities is certainly a valid reason to implement one feature over another though.

Dawg75

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:13:39 AM

I didn't update yesterday but here is today's which is over 9.8 days.  First time the average has dropped below .01 BTC/MH for me.

MH (Avg)= 26.25MH (-3.86%)
Hours= 235.75
BTC/MH (Avg of 11 miners)= 0.00993079
BTC/MH (Max of 11 miners)= 0.01129942
BTC/MH (Min of 11 miners)= 0.00944803
Today's Trend= -0.55%
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:05:14 AM

I have a couple miners, I just want to show an example on one of them, this represesnts all of them. Anyway one is mining at 5500KHS Shouldnt I be getting around 0.05 per day if this pool is roughly 1mhs/0.01BTC? Hmmm any real stats here to show what income we are making?.. Seems because of this pay time different everyday it makes some more frustrating to pull stats out.

I will give you an example Last few days (Amount + Times + dates) what do you think?

0.041 - 04:50 4/3
0.049 - 02:09 3/3
0.026 - 03:07 2/3
0.015 - 09:23 1/3
0.051 - 00:23 1/3
0.078 - 20:02 27/2
0.003 - 15:36 27/2

anyone try any other pool? and really compare, Only other pool I have tried is middlecoin and this is when it was going down, but I dont think its actually down i think it may have just had a hiccup as people are still mining there and happy.

Put it this way , The stats should NEVER go down under 5000KHS If you look at my Cgminer it hovers 5500khs - 5400khs 99% of the time. I see the stats show 3900KHS to 6000KHS  but most of the time under alittle - If the payments go by the stats and if the stats are faulty your payment will not be accurate.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: