Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:17:42 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 11:32:12 AM by gtraah

Sorry for the delay, some personal stuff came up and I've been away from my computer for most of yesterday.

That said, we're still waiting for withdrawals from Cryptsy.  We have 2 pending withdrawals currently (and a ticket in to support), one for 71 btc submitted yesterday, one for 42 btc submitted just now.

I manually did payouts last night based with the funds that we had traded on coinmarket, but that was a very small portion of our overall exchanged amount.  Essentially until Cryptsy pays us, we can't pay you, and I have no idea when ours will go through.  We didn't start having withdrawal problems until a few days ago, which leaves me with 2 guesses as to why its happening:
1) We're now withdrawing large enough amounts that they need to be manually approved (and that happens once/twice a day).
2) Cryptsy's hot wallet runs out of funds, and needs restocked, and we just hit that block more often than most because of the size of withdrawals.

All that said, I'm really sorry the payouts aren't on time, but there isn't much I can do about.  I'm more sorry in the lack of communication, just some things came up, and wasn't something I was able to do.

Just saying you may want to have back up exchanges bter, Coins-e. For example if Cryspty has issues , As crypsty on its own cant be relied on all the time, thats what I guess one thing middle-coin did right - payouts 99% on time Max I have ever been paid was 4 hrs late. Thats one good thing I guess.

I like this pool but unfortunately the first few days this has happened not a good coincidence ay? I know its not your fault, how often does happen may I ask, as I have only been here for a few days. For the people who have been for awhile
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANJULE

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:26:36 AM

Hey, I wrote this to reddit and thought it might be here too, because there are
more people here to comment on this being correct or un-correct.
Here it is:

I'm mining thru cgminer and I noticed the drop between the amount of submitted shares.
When you have low enough hashrate it is possible that the calculations take so long to complete, that the block has been found and work has been re-started.
When this happens, it is allmost impossible to submit any shares at all.
Think this as an coin toss vs. tossing a 12-faced dice.
When tossing a coin your chances are 50/50 = 50% (low diff)
When tossing a 12-faced dice your chances are 1/12= 8,333% (high diff)
You continue to toss an toss you will finaly succeed but, when you add time-limit to this it is more and more possible that you can't succeed in given time.
They say it is just a matter of time and then your income will be just the same as before the diff. change.
I believe that this is true. It is also tru that if I stop my daily work and start fillin lottery-coupons, within time my income-average will be good.
Sorry to say this, but that is the case for us all. It only emphasizes when having low-hashrates.
Or else we all would be single-mining, right?

CoinWare.eu - Just started an online-store that accepts BTC!
For now only few items, but more to come! Shipping allover the World by Express-mail.
Europe: 3-6workdays| USA: 4-7workdays | Rest of the World: 4-11 workdays
Slow1

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:25:24 PM

That said, we're still waiting for withdrawals from Cryptsy.  We have 2 pending withdrawals currently (and a ticket in to support), one for 71 btc submitted yesterday, one for 42 btc submitted just now.

Many problems on cryptsy withdrawals and other.. use bter.com if you can..

Is Cryptsy going the way of MtGox?  I would think that any/all exchanges would recognize that even greater than liquidity access is of primary concern...
gtraah

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:56:37 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 01:19:04 PM by gtraah

That said, we're still waiting for withdrawals from Cryptsy.  We have 2 pending withdrawals currently (and a ticket in to support), one for 71 btc submitted yesterday, one for 42 btc submitted just now.

Many problems on cryptsy withdrawals and other.. use bter.com if you can..

Is Cryptsy going the way of MtGox?  I would think that any/all exchanges would recognize that even greater than liquidity access is of primary concern...

Like I said, Unfortunately you cannot rely on one exchange. If this pool is going to last and not go the way of Middle Coin >> (DOWNHILL) << Within 1 week lost 8-10 GH and a lot of people VERY-VERY ANGRY, even to the point of posting the pool owners address online and also his photo dont not sure if its real or not but people really started to hate the middlecoin owner because of lack of communication and High fees, Missing Bitcoins  etc...

-------------------------------------

But anyway back to this pool I really like this place and the stability, its great hardly any rejects, stales etc... (Cant wait for more servers though - maybe some near Australia (Sydney) Tongue ) I want this place to grow nicely just like a woman ages gracefully LOL, and I want to grow with it and make money with it and hopefully the pool grows nicely and stays pretty and doesn't become one big mess (Always be 10 steps ahead) As you never know when the MH can SPIKE some other pools may go down - Are you prepared for that? Just saying, I have told quite a few people from middlecoin this place is cool i can see the increase in MH already, anyway reliability is the key and you cannot rely on one exchange, like a weekly paycheck, You would HATE it if your boss was late with your pay, every second week or what ever even if its once a week late its quite annoying, Well its the same thing here. I mean 1-5 hrs is Fine but 15+ Hrs is getting beyond annoying, But Yes we know its Cryptsy fault, .which is why  I think we need multiple exchanges to handle your transactions and they each need to be AWARE of whats happening so they are not shocked every day with big payouts. Even giving a time to the Exchanges and asking them to email you if there will be a problem so you know not to use them for that days payout.

Owning  pool is HARD work I can tel you that you need to more much more effort for the money your making out of it, but thanks for doing it Smiley Anyway if you still want to keep getting this money I urge you to take action and Get on to things quicker. Like I said Its a very big Shame Middlecoin went down as He was Very proactive with payments , Only lacking communication.. Reason I stayed is because i was getting paid on time and I didn't need him to talk. But when things started to freeze and payments drop and missing BTC and STILL no communication and response that was the final straw. Don't let this happen here. Get on to these idiots @ cryptsy and say Use some scare tactics "Give me back all my coins Im taking them to Coins-E or Bter" Or speak directly to Bigvern as you should be considered a VIP customer to them. What ever!! if they cannot handle this then stuff them. They should be LOVING YOUR BUSINESS and bending over for you when ever. They are making money quite abit of all of us.

Anyway take this as constructive criticism Smiley

Peace brother!!!

A.H
bamroth

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:04:06 PM

Sorry, but that's not good enough and there is more you can do about it. 

Based on this update, all you've done is open a support ticket and are sitting and waiting. That's simply not sufficient if you're running a site such as WP and have hundreds of customers waiting on you.  Have you tried directly reaching out to anyone at Cryptsy?  I realize they don't have an 800 number posted on their site, but there are surely other ways of getting a hold of them.  Twitter, IRC...etc. 

You're probably one of their larger sources of revenue and shouldn't have to play the sit and wait game when there's an issue affecting your withdrawals.

Sorry for the delay, some personal stuff came up and I've been away from my computer for most of yesterday.

That said, we're still waiting for withdrawals from Cryptsy.  We have 2 pending withdrawals currently (and a ticket in to support), one for 71 btc submitted yesterday, one for 42 btc submitted just now.

I manually did payouts last night based with the funds that we had traded on coinmarket, but that was a very small portion of our overall exchanged amount.  Essentially until Cryptsy pays us, we can't pay you, and I have no idea when ours will go through.  We didn't start having withdrawal problems until a few days ago, which leaves me with 2 guesses as to why its happening:
1) We're now withdrawing large enough amounts that they need to be manually approved (and that happens once/twice a day).
2) Cryptsy's hot wallet runs out of funds, and needs restocked, and we just hit that block more often than most because of the size of withdrawals.

All that said, I'm really sorry the payouts aren't on time, but there isn't much I can do about.  I'm more sorry in the lack of communication, just some things came up, and wasn't something I was able to do.
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:11:03 PM

To PoolWaffle: Can you clear this and explain why some get paid and for half of us, including me, the payout has not happened yet?

Because our withdrawals from cryptsy are in limbo somewhere.  I paid as many people as I could, with the amounts withdrawn from other exchanges (the amount we had on hand at the time).  The selection of users was essentially random (just selected all users with a balance, and started paying until we ran out of local funds).  Soon as cryptsy withdrawals go through, we'll do the exact same thing.

As for the issue with cryptsy.  I agree it sucks to have the coins in limbo, but we've been over this before, we really don't have another exchange that offers the APIs we need to be able to trade automatically.  We've recently added coinmarket for a small number of coins that need to be manually traded, and I'd really prefer to not have something where the majority of our coins are manually traded on an exchange (just a lot of extra work).  That said, it doesn't mean much to have the auto-trading on cryptsy, if we can't get the coins back out.

Like I said, I've got a support ticket in with Cryptsy to deal with the issue, and I'll make sure to find out if this is a temporary thing that will be corrected, or if withdrawals of this size (50+ btc) are always going to be subject to major delays.  This hasn't been an issue until the last few days, withdrawals have always taken a few minutes.  So I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume that its a temporary problem that will be fixed, and not cause us headaches in the future.

If it looks like its going to be a permanent issue, we'll find a different solution (new exchange, move payouts to compensate for the withdrawal delay, etc).
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:12:00 PM

Based on this update, all you've done is open a support ticket and are sitting and waiting. That's simply not sufficient if you're running a site such as WP and have hundreds of customers waiting on you.  Have you tried directly reaching out to anyone at Cryptsy?  I realize they don't have an 800 number posted on their site, but there are surely other ways of getting a hold of them.  Twitter, IRC...etc. 

You're probably one of their larger sources of revenue and shouldn't have to play the sit and wait game when there's an issue affecting your withdrawals.

Feel free to suggest a solution you'd like me to try.  Saying "fix it" doesn't make it go faster unfortunately.
ajsingh007

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:19:49 PM

Is vircurex an option? I've had excellent performance on that exchange
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:23:12 PM

They do offer trade APIs, however, they support very few of the coins that we mine on a regular basis.  Moving off of cryptsy would require spreading our trading to 2-3 different exchanges (just for coin coverage), and would require manual trading for almost all of them.
lowww

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:25:06 PM

Cryptorush maybe?
gtraah

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:27:40 PM

They do offer trade APIs, however, they support very few of the coins that we mine on a regular basis.  Moving off of cryptsy would require spreading our trading to 2-3 different exchanges (just for coin coverage), and would require manual trading for almost all of them.

This is out of Middlecoins FAQ:

How many exchanges do you use?

I have four exchanges automated, and I occasionally manually trade at a couple others.

He seems like his twitted back so some people may go back not sure, He stated therre was an error which occured somewhere but its fixed etc etc..

Anyway my point is:  he uses different exchanges which is why payments where NEVER more than 1-3 hr late, 90% they were spot on the EXACT minute give or take 10-15 minutes each day.

I am just trying to help you compete with the best that was around... now MC is at its week spot & you can take over the multipool game if you play your cards right! believe me its worth it for you. He had close to 20 GH off HASH power, his weekly earnings were more than enough to hire permananent workers, not sure what happen in the last week or so which he has not explained still to this point. Only said  " An error occurred which is fixed".. He was raking it in... And you can too!
nitrocs

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

Feel free to suggest a solution you'd like me to try.  Saying "fix it" doesn't make it go faster unfortunately.

+1

If its a matter of withdrawal size, perhaps multiple small withdrawals prior to payout. I cant imagine that Cryptsy has a problem with withdrawals that size though.... In the grand scheme of things ~100 BTC isnt really that much.
bamroth

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:30:27 PM

I don't think you read my entire post.  I did offer suggestions.

Try reaching out to their leadership team.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryant-ibana/7/980/911
https://twitter.com/cryptsy
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cryptsy/208535829335021?hc_location=timeline

Tech Name: PAUL VERNON
Tech Organization: PROJECT INVESTORS INC
Tech Street: 1300 NW 17TH AVE
Tech Street: SUITE 152
Tech City: DELRAY BEACH
Tech State/Province: FL
Tech Postal Code: 33445
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.8889639935

gtraah

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

I don't think you read my entire post.  I did offer suggestions.

Try reaching out to their leadership team.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryant-ibana/7/980/911
https://twitter.com/cryptsy
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cryptsy/208535829335021?hc_location=timeline

Tech Name: PAUL VERNON
Tech Organization: PROJECT INVESTORS INC
Tech Street: 1300 NW 17TH AVE
Tech Street: SUITE 152
Tech City: DELRAY BEACH
Tech State/Province: FL
Tech Postal Code: 33445
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.8889639935

Based on this update, all you've done is open a support ticket and are sitting and waiting. That's simply not sufficient if you're running a site such as WP and have hundreds of customers waiting on you.  Have you tried directly reaching out to anyone at Cryptsy?  I realize they don't have an 800 number posted on their site, but there are surely other ways of getting a hold of them.  Twitter, IRC...etc.  

Feel free to suggest a solution you'd like me to try.  Saying "fix it" doesn't make it go faster unfortunately.

+1 THey need to know that this is a DAILY thing and if they cant handle it spread it out through multiple exchanges, or leave them
nosurrender

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:37:46 PM

I manually did payouts last night based with the funds that we had traded on coinmarket, but that was a very small portion of our overall exchanged amount.  Essentially until Cryptsy pays us, we can't pay you, and I have no idea when ours will go through.  We didn't start having withdrawal problems until a few days ago, which leaves me with 2 guesses as to why its happening:

All that said, I'm really sorry the payouts aren't on time, but there isn't much I can do about.  I'm more sorry in the lack of communication, just some things came up, and wasn't something I was able to do.

Thanks a lot for your post. Knowing how time consuming a "normal" software project can be, I can only imagine the hours of tweaking and the lack of sleep to handle a pool, that´s hashrate has been exploding in just a few days as wafflepool experienced. It´s astounding how naive some users can be, thinking nothing happens at all or baaaaad things are hiding behind the cornes, if they don´t see an update on the site for a few hours or if you don´t post a comment every few minutes. You have a personal life? They don´t care. You need time for administrating and fixing the pool rather than chat in a forum? They don´t care.

MtGox has shut down withdrawals for days and weeks without any believable explanation, Cryptsy faces deposit and withdrawal issues every other weekend - and you have to face the heat for a hiccup in transfering coins for one day? middlecoin is sitting on 206 unexchanged BTC (!) at the moment. I´m glad, Wafflepool is a serious alternative to pools with 20% rejects or 200 BTC unexchanged or 200 MH/s hashrate. Keep up the good work, thanks for your patience with user who don´t know what they are talking about and hopefully your personal life isn´t effected that much by those, who are sitting in front of their computers, blaming you not getting rich fast enough.

gtraah

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:49:39 PM

Thanks a lot for your post. Knowing how time consuming a "normal" software project can be, I can only imagine the hours of tweaking and the lack of sleep to handle a pool, that´s hashrate has been exploding in just a few days as wafflepool experienced. It´s astounding how naive some users can be, thinking nothing happens at all or baaaaad things are hiding behind the cornes, if they don´t see an update on the site for a few hours or if you don´t post a comment every few minutes. You have a personal life? They don´t care. You need time for administrating and fixing the pool rather than chat in a forum? They don´t care.

MtGox has shut down withdrawals for days and weeks without any believable explanation, Cryptsy faces deposit and withdrawal issues every other weekend - and you have to face the heat for a hiccup in transfering coins for one day? middlecoin is sitting on 206 unexchanged BTC (!) at the moment. I´m glad, Wafflepool is a serious alternative to pools with 20% rejects or 200 BTC unexchanged or 200 MH/s hashrate. Keep up the good work, thanks for your patience with user who don´t know what they are talking about and hopefully your personal life isn´t effected that much by those, who are sitting in front of their computers, blaming you not getting rich fast enough.

When you open a pool like this Expect your life to be Changed as this is a full time job. You need to be able to balance your personal and Business life otherwise don't bother opening a pool, like i said in my other post , Multipool is a HARD JOB.... Which is why MC had to hire workers with his Large  salary... And yes good on Pool waffle for taking on the job, just need to be able to handle it without effecting your brain lol This is money and when people dont get there money they go crazy So think of yourself like a one man bank if Shit hits the roof be prepared for an influx of emotional posts... Secret is never take it personally. Keep it business like , Apologetic and you must always sound like you want to help...

-----
AnywAY
For the sake of this pool -
If 1 person has one valuable advice > post it, Poofwaffle may use one of our comments. And please @ Poolwaffle , Dont take all our comments as attacks as well we are trying to help you help us, if you know what I mean.
diwskwmx

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:58:11 PM

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with this pool.  I know how difficult it can be to try and maintain large systems like this that are changing constantly, relying on many 3rd parties and all with technology that is still in its relatively new. 

I'm not concerned over delayed payouts, I trust they will come as soon as they can.   
reset2k

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:01:54 PM

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with this pool.  I know how difficult it can be to try and maintain large systems like this that are changing constantly, relying on many 3rd parties and all with technology that is still in its relatively new.  

I'm not concerned over delayed payouts, I trust they will come as soon as they can.  

ditto, I am also having an issue with a small personal 0.3 BTC payout from cryptsy (non-pool related), and my payout from wafflepool.

poolwaffle - I appreciate your hard work and will stand by and wait for the payout!
ANJULE

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 02:06:08 PM

Based on this update, all you've done is open a support ticket and are sitting and waiting. That's simply not sufficient if you're running a site such as WP and have hundreds of customers waiting on you.  Have you tried directly reaching out to anyone at Cryptsy?  I realize they don't have an 800 number posted on their site, but there are surely other ways of getting a hold of them.  Twitter, IRC...etc.  

Feel free to suggest a solution you'd like me to try.  Saying "fix it" doesn't make it go faster unfortunately.

Possible to add automated-payout time in the stat-page of miners own stats? (What a sentence, but I leave it like that since this isn't my native language)
What I try to suggest is a way to divide the BIG withdraw in to many other smaller withdrawals.
Maybe there could be different times of withdrawal, like 01:00, 03:00, 05:00, 07:00, 09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 21:00, 23:00
Also those multiple times for withdrawal could be used without any "instant-payout"-buttonm on the stats page. Could that make
the withdrawals faster?
And to make things simpler, miners shouldn't be able to influence their withdrawal-time. This way you could separate the huge withdrawal
into 12 smaller.

PS. my withdrawal of 0.3btc came out in 3mins today from Cryptsy (not poolwaffle thou)

CoinWare.eu - Just started an online-store that accepts BTC!
For now only few items, but more to come! Shipping allover the World by Express-mail.
Europe: 3-6workdays| USA: 4-7workdays | Rest of the World: 4-11 workdays
sve

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:09:11 PM

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with this pool.  I know how difficult it can be to try and maintain large systems like this that are changing constantly, relying on many 3rd parties and all with technology that is still in its relatively new. 

Not concerned YET; but this must be a one time thing otherwise it might be time to move to the next pool. Better a little less revenue but payed when expected.
Compare it to the salary of your day job your salary has to be there when it should be there.

I understand it's a hard job but aren't we paying a fee for that.

That being said; the pool is stable and has low rejects that's a big plus.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: