Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
cloudrck

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:13:11 AM

But todays you will spend more much money in electricity generating the bitcoin than the bitcoin themselves are worth so unless you have some way to get free electricity it's just not worth doing it.
Speak for yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Fat Miner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:32:20 AM

I did it for a little mining while when it first hit notoriety and the first GPU clients came out. But todays you will spend more much money in electricity generating the bitcoin than the bitcoin themselves are worth so unless you have some way to get free electricity it's just not worth doing it.

It's worth it but not by much, But It all depends on how much the price rises in the future doesn't it, Who knows how much one coin will be worth in two three years.
MisterWil

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:44:53 AM

http://waffles.wilschrader.com/

is not working from my Work Internet but it  was yesterday, is there something wrong on sites end Or my works end..

Site is down.

Hey guys, sorry the server was down and acting up for a large part of the day. It finally "gave out" under so much load and, unfortunately for all of us, I am super busy at work this week for the first time in a long time.

So, I went ahead and jumped up my costs quite a bit by starting up several more AWS instances. I now have an instance hosting nginx and redis, which load balances to two separate node instances, and then I have a dedicated mongodb instance running as well. I'm really hoping this keeps things running smooth for awhile. :-)
Rock6.3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:51:57 AM

http://waffles.wilschrader.com/

is not working from my Work Internet but it  was yesterday, is there something wrong on sites end Or my works end..

Site is down.

Hey guys, sorry the server was down and acting up for a large part of the day. It finally "gave out" under so much load and, unfortunately for all of us, I am super busy at work this week for the first time in a long time.

So, I went ahead and jumped up my costs quite a bit by starting up several more AWS instances. I now have an instance hosting nginx and redis, which load balances to two separate node instances, and then I have a dedicated mongodb instance running as well. I'm really hoping this keeps things running smooth for awhile. :-)

Great post Wil, and thank you for spinning up the extra hardware.
Now you need to do one more thing.  Add a donation link in your signature here Smiley
MisterWil

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:01:02 AM

Great post Wil, and thank you for spinning up the extra hardware.
Now you need to do one more thing.  Add a donation link in your signature here Smiley

Thanks, good idea, and done!
abalam

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:59:45 AM

So the current plan, for the next few days (at least) is to pay out users as we have the funds.  Anyone over the threshold (0.01btc) will be eligible for payouts, and we'll select users who haven't been paid in the longest time first.  We'll pay out all of the funds we have at the time, and run another set of payouts every time a cryptsy deposit clears.  We'll likely be running them twice a day (we'll see).

+1
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:13:14 AM

Proposal:  If Cryptsy pendings cause you to only have XX% of the BTC owed to pool members, then pay each pool member XX% of what is owed.  I think this is much fairer than paying some and not paying others.

I suspect this is going to lead to far more angry emails of "WTF YOU PAID ME 0.03 AND I HAD 0.05 WTF".  Just a guess however.  It also means a larger set of fees on my side due to paying out more users every time (larger transactions) vs a smaller set of users, not a huge deal, but something to consider.

Multiple payouts not that great, Curious about how some multipools manage and handle multiple exchanges..

I think we're still in line with most of the other pools.  From my understanding clever is essentially overstating their numbers by a decent percentage (10-20%), as it is based on accepted hash rate, and most users have a 10-20% reject rate (which puts us at even, or above them).  I haven't done a ton of research into the other pools (just seeing whats been posting here and making potentially wildly inaccurate conclusions).  My guess is they use multiple exchanges, which is doable, but the amount of time required to manually trade (or build bots to auto-trade) hasn't been something I've had time for yet.

That said, I've got a full day for today/tomorrow to be working on WP, so I'm stoked to finally get some time to hammer out stuff I've been wanting to do for a while Smiley

As for the negative earnings on the stats page for the first hour or so after midnight (UTC).  Its just based on the way we're calculating numbers.  We take a snapshot of our balances every minute (coins * price = balances) and add them up.  I didn't personally see the list when it was negative, but my guess is either we found a block just before midnight (value added in for midnight stats), and then a bit later it got orphaned, so our earnings between then, and midnight were negative.  Its also possible that prices on an exchange changed during that time (higher price slightly at midnight, price dropped a bit, and we're at a lower overall balance a bit later).  Doesn't mean we're actually losing money, just that the balance at the time you looked is slightly below the balance at exactly midnight Smiley
brendandinho

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:19:30 AM

Hi PW,

Thanks for all your hard work.

Just a quick question on the mint coin that has been sitting in unexchanged for days. Are we not mining it any more, and is there a problem exchanging it? The price seems quite volatile as well.

Thanks, Smiley
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:36:38 AM

Just a quick question on the mint coin that has been sitting in unexchanged for days. Are we not mining it any more, and is there a problem exchanging it? The price seems quite volatile as well.

Yep, essentially our depth analyzer went a little nuts and got confused seeing it at both cryptsy and coinmarket (the exchanges we trade at), and we mined about 20btc worth (according to last trade prices), and theres about 6btc worth of depth at the two exchanges combined, so I've disabled it for the time being (depth analyzer is fixed).  However, as part of our exchange scripts, it saw the price was higher on coinmarket, and sent most of the coins there for exchange, and they've been down for the last couple days testing a new trading engine.  So while we do have a request for that amount as a withdrawal from coinmarket --> cryptsy so we can trade it out, its stuck there until they're back up (ideally today or tomorrow).

This was one of my major reservations with dealing with new coins essentially.  While coinwarz/whoever will show them as a great mining opportunity, they're really a great mining opportunity for about 5 seconds with our hashrate, and after that, they're back to nothingness for a day or so.  Essentially those coins are going to sit there until coinmarket comes back up and processes our withdrawal to cryptsy and can trade them off slowly.
brendandinho

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:45:17 AM

Yep, essentially our depth analyzer went a little nuts and got confused seeing it at both cryptsy and coinmarket (the exchanges we trade at), and we mined about 20btc worth (according to last trade prices), and theres about 6btc worth of depth at the two exchanges combined, so I've disabled it for the time being (depth analyzer is fixed).  However, as part of our exchange scripts, it saw the price was higher on coinmarket, and sent most of the coins there for exchange, and they've been down for the last couple days testing a new trading engine.  So while we do have a request for that amount as a withdrawal from coinmarket --> cryptsy so we can trade it out, its stuck there until they're back up (ideally today or tomorrow).

This was one of my major reservations with dealing with new coins essentially.  While coinwarz/whoever will show them as a great mining opportunity, they're really a great mining opportunity for about 5 seconds with our hashrate, and after that, they're back to nothingness for a day or so.  Essentially those coins are going to sit there until coinmarket comes back up and processes our withdrawal to cryptsy and can trade them off slowly.

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Hopefully this overmining and very short profitability will become less of an issue with maturing multimining algos.

Smiley
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:49:35 AM

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Hopefully this overmining and very short profitability will become less of an issue with maturing multimining algos.

Yep!  I think a lot of people see us as a large pool and sort of expect that we've been around for a while, while the truth is we started under a month ago, and about 2 weeks of that time has been fighting to make sure we scale with the added load Smiley

Haven't had nearly enough time to tweak algorithms and get things to an optimal state yet.  Just a matter of time Smiley
abalam

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:05:23 PM

Proposal:  If Cryptsy pendings cause you to only have XX% of the BTC owed to pool members, then pay each pool member XX% of what is owed.  I think this is much fairer than paying some and not paying others.

I suspect this is going to lead to far more angry emails of "WTF YOU PAID ME 0.03 AND I HAD 0.05 WTF".  Just a guess however.  It also means a larger set of fees on my side due to paying out more users every time (larger transactions) vs a smaller set of users, not a huge deal, but something to consider.

Multiple payouts not that great, Curious about how some multipools manage and handle multiple exchanges..

I think we're still in line with most of the other pools.  From my understanding clever is essentially overstating their numbers by a decent percentage (10-20%), as it is based on accepted hash rate, and most users have a 10-20% reject rate (which puts us at even, or above them).  I haven't done a ton of research into the other pools (just seeing whats been posting here and making potentially wildly inaccurate conclusions).  My guess is they use multiple exchanges, which is doable, but the amount of time required to manually trade (or build bots to auto-trade) hasn't been something I've had time for yet.

That said, I've got a full day for today/tomorrow to be working on WP, so I'm stoked to finally get some time to hammer out stuff I've been wanting to do for a while Smiley

As for the negative earnings on the stats page for the first hour or so after midnight (UTC).  Its just based on the way we're calculating numbers.  We take a snapshot of our balances every minute (coins * price = balances) and add them up.  I didn't personally see the list when it was negative, but my guess is either we found a block just before midnight (value added in for midnight stats), and then a bit later it got orphaned, so our earnings between then, and midnight were negative.  Its also possible that prices on an exchange changed during that time (higher price slightly at midnight, price dropped a bit, and we're at a lower overall balance a bit later).  Doesn't mean we're actually losing money, just that the balance at the time you looked is slightly below the balance at exactly midnight Smiley

I agree with you, always choose the simplest thing.
Complex schema can generate bugs, and useless long term maintenance... less transactions, less problems.
razamit

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:36:42 PM

Hi

Quick question:

Does the Unchanged balance in the stats page includes the immature balance?
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

Does the Unchanged balance in the stats page includes the immature balance?

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, where do you see "Unchanged"?
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:51:05 PM

Quick update (noted at the top of the site as well):

If anyone is still mining on the base domain (wafflepool.com:3333) instead of the geo endpoints (uswest.wafflepool.com, useast.wafflepool.com, or eu.wafflepool.com), please change your miners to one of the new endpoints.  We will be disabling proxying from the base domain in a few days here (probably saturday) due to reconfiguring of some servers.

If you do not update your configs, your miners will be disconnected and will either connect to your backup pool (if you have one set), or just stop mining completely if you do not have a backup pool configured.
csf3lih

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:59:08 PM

Quick update (noted at the top of the site as well):

If anyone is still mining on the base domain (wafflepool.com:3333) instead of the geo endpoints (uswest.wafflepool.com, useast.wafflepool.com, or eu.wafflepool.com), please change your miners to one of the new endpoints.  We will be disabling proxying from the base domain in a few days here (probably saturday) due to reconfiguring of some servers.

If you do not update your configs, your miners will be disconnected and will either connect to your backup pool (if you have one set), or just stop mining completely if you do not have a backup pool configured.

Hi PW,

I don't know what kind of sorcery you are doing, it's working. Back with Hashcow, MC-Asia server, I always had 5-7% reject rate, and CM, 10% easy, but with your uswest, I got 1-2%, mostly under 1%, and the WU is relatively high as well. I'm in China btw. So please don't change anything in the future, it's already perfect Smiley

And do you have any updates about when will the Asia server be up, really looking forward to it!

Cheers.
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

I don't know what kind of sorcery you are doing, it's working. Back with Hashcow, MC-Asia server, I always had 5-7% reject rate, and CM, 10% easy, but with your uswest, I got 1-2%, mostly under 1%, and the WU is relatively high as well. I'm in China btw. So please don't change anything in the future, it's already perfect Smiley

And do you have any updates about when will the Asia server be up, really looking forward to it!

Glad its working well for you!

As for asia server, it was up like a week ago, and I never posted it anywhere (was testing).  Unfortunately at this point I've made enough modifications to the code that it is no longer a working server (was doing fixes on our other endpoints and asia got left out).  And haven't had time to go back and get it working again.  Maybe tomorrow is the day I do that Smiley
evansearle42

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:52:49 PM

Glad its working well for you!

As for asia server, it was up like a week ago, and I never posted it anywhere (was testing).  Unfortunately at this point I've made enough modifications to the code that it is no longer a working server (was doing fixes on our other endpoints and asia got left out).  And haven't had time to go back and get it working again.  Maybe tomorrow is the day I do that Smiley

Was hopping for a asia server too. hopefully it is coming soon but take your time fixing stuff Smiley.
azebro

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:01:38 PM

PW / cgminer experts,

I see strange constant behaviour on couple of my miners. Cgminer displays "connection interrupted" and just hangs there without even falling over to other pool (have 2 backup ones set). There seems to be no internet issue at that time.

I use EU server.

Its really annoying, as can happen from 0 to few times a day and my hash drops as miner does nothing at all.

Now the q is, what is the possible issue? Is it my end or the pool end?

Thanks,

A.

poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

PW / cgminer experts,

I see strange constant behaviour on couple of my miners. Cgminer displays "connection interrupted" and just hangs there without even falling over to other pool (have 2 backup ones set). There seems to be no internet issue at that time.

I use EU server.

Its really annoying, as can happen from 0 to few times a day and my hash drops as miner does nothing at all.

Now the q is, what is the possible issue? Is it my end or the pool end?

If you're specifically talking about today (over the last 3 hours or so), I've been making tweaks across our clusters (eu is easiest to test with since it is lowest hashrate), so that might specifically be me.

Can you post your config to see why failover isn't working?
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: