Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:53:56 PM

Yes they would. The number of coins produced imo has little affect on anything. a coin with little to no use, means that its worth nothing

i have to go with what the holders of ADT want / the people that have voted

i am 100% sure that having some crazy amount of stake would get people interested short term but long term it would just inflate ADT until its worth nothing !  

if the majority of ADT holders want some crazy amount of stake i will go with it but until that point i am going with what the users want and that is around 5% a year

hate to break it to you, but 5% a year is shit. ADT is not a government bond, or a REIT. Its not a fiat currency. Its magical internet money. I won't risk holding ADT for 5% a year, when it can drop 50% in a day. I really wish you heeded my advice when I suggested a higher interest.

The network doesn't stay at high interest forever, it adjust the interest rate to stay inline with the amount of coins that need to be minted. If you are worried about ADT being worth nothing in the future, mate you should be worried about it not being worth much now.

Look at TEKcoin. 40% interest per MONTH. People have wet dreams about being able to buy even 1000 TEK. I can put a 10000 TEK sell wall and the market will eat that block of coins up like a fat kid on a birthday cake.

Once I knew you wouldn't budge, I dumped all my ADT at 50 latoshi. Only business nothing personal.

Very good argument here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:12:39 AM

Yes they would. The number of coins produced imo has little affect on anything. a coin with little to no use, means that its worth nothing

i have to go with what the holders of ADT want / the people that have voted

i am 100% sure that having some crazy amount of stake would get people interested short term but long term it would just inflate ADT until its worth nothing ! 

if the majority of ADT holders want some crazy amount of stake i will go with it but until that point i am going with what the users want and that is around 5% a year

hate to break it to you, but 5% a year is shit. ADT is not a government bond, or a REIT. Its not a fiat currency. Its magical internet money. I won't risk holding ADT for 5% a year, when it can drop 50% in a day. I really wish you heeded my advice when I suggested a higher interest.

The network doesn't stay at high interest forever, it adjust the interest rate to stay inline with the amount of coins that need to be minted. If you are worried about ADT being worth nothing in the future, mate you should be worried about it not being worth much now.

Look at TEKcoin. 40% interest per MONTH. People have wet dreams about being able to buy even 1000 TEK. I can put a 10000 TEK sell wall and the market will eat that block of coins up like a fat kid on a birthday cake.

Once I knew you wouldn't budge, I dumped all my ADT at 50 latoshi. Only business nothing personal.

Very good argument here.

40% a month X 12 months compounded is over 5000% so I would advise people to stay away from that coin !

if you all want to turn ADT into a pump and dump I would suggest you find someone else to run the coin as I am not going to be involved in that   

most of the big ADT holders don't want it to be more than 12% a year and there the guys that would benefit the most from that

The USD value of ADT is very close to what it was before BTC went up 500% so its only gone down relative to BTC

I can understand why you want it to be crazy high as It will make you all more money short term but longer term it will just crash the price

The last couple of days I have been trying to work out what can be done to keep the most amount of users happy as there is a huge amount of variance in what the users want from ADT so I think everyone is going to need to compromise a bit what I am suggesting is not set in stone YET so it can be changed if there is a valid reason to do so

12% Proof of Stake a year ( 24 x 15 days x 0.5% ) making the maximum Proof of Stake inflation just over 9,000,000,000 more coins over the next 12 months

1000 Proof of Work coins per block 1 POW block every 60s making 525,600 POW blocks a year with a total of 525,000,000 coins a year

The problem is that ADT is in competition with other POS coins that pay out a far higher amount meaning people would rather hold a pump and dump coin as they could make more money from that

If ADT had a huge amount of POS it would bring lots of people to ADT as they would want to make the most amount of money possible but that wouldn't last for long as the amount of coins on the market would cause the price to drop faster than people could buy them

There is a lot to be learned from coins like cent that have had crazy POS settings and one of those things is that the price will stay up for a while but eventually it will be worth nothing due to over saturating the market with coins

If ADT is going to be used as an online currency for buying and selling online / virtual goods / apps / stuff like that it cannot have a crazy amount of inflation

There is also a good chance to do what craft coin is meant to do as a virtual currency that can be used across multiple games and operating systems is something that would be a game changer for any crypto that manages to do it

craft coin has limited it self by sticking to minecraft and that is one of the things that is holding back its adoption

ADT is not just for 1 thing it can be used for anything or everything its not store of value like BTC its a currency not a piece of GOLD !

There is no limits to what ADT can be used for you get all these coins marketing themselves as the currency for x place or x thing that's just crazy crypto is meant to be nearly limitless on what and who can use it

so much has been lost because of all the people that are here just to make money of other people I can see why satoshi nakamoto decided to leave

at one point I got so much abuse from people that I was considering what to do with my coins if I decided to leave ADT

fortunately for everyone involved I stick with things threw the good and the bad Smiley I can understand why jag didn't want to be part of a sinking ship but i don't think he realised that him thinking it was a sinking ship made it sink more that it should have

i have people calling me a scammer all the time because they made the choice to buy ADT i never forced them to buy it they did it under there own free will

if i was a scammer i would just have made my own pump and dump coin not take over the mess that was ADT !

1 way or another ADT will do well and it will always be around Smiley

its nice to see more people on the ADT forum making good posts Smiley

sorry for the long post tat probably dosent make 100% sense i have tried to compress everything into the smallest amount possible

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:46:15 AM

Have you asked Tranz?

he made it clear last time that he doesn't want to help competing coins

Please don't tell lies. I have done work for ADT twice now. I have helped RPC, TEK, GLB, and a few others.  Some for free, and some I have received payment, although I never asked for a penny.

I did give you advice on your ADTv2 to increase not only the PoS interest (slightly) but more importantly to speed up the process. You said No. I listened, and told ahmed you were making a mistake.

I get no less then 10+ PMs a week asking for help with their coins, or creating one for them, ect. I can't do this. So my main response is no, sorry.

I am still at a complete loss, how anyone, and there are many out there, can be an admin of a C++, Crypto Currency, and not be able to code? What exactly are you doing? 

Anyway Zach I wish you no ill will. But please don't drag my name through the mud because you are having troubles.

Good luck!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:10:24 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 05:20:49 AM by zackclark70

Have you asked Tranz?

he made it clear last time that he doesn't want to help competing coins

Please don't tell lies. I have done work for ADT twice now. I have helped RPC, TEK, GLB, and a few others.  Some for free, and some I have received payment, although I never asked for a penny.

I did give you advice on your ADTv2 to increase not only the PoS interest (slightly) but more importantly to speed up the process. You said No. I listened, and told ahmed you were making a mistake.

I get no less then 10+ PMs a week asking for help with their coins, or creating one for them, ect. I can't do this. So my main response is no, sorry.

I am still at a complete loss, how anyone, and there are many out there, can be an admin of a C++, Crypto Currency, and not be able to code? What exactly are you doing?  

Anyway Zach I wish you no ill will. But please don't drag my name through the mud because you are having troubles.

Good luck!

give me 10 mins and I will find the pm where you refused to help

Edit cant find it as there are so many pms and the search is not working Sad

i am 99.99% sure you said that you wouldn't help with the new blockchain as its a competing coin

i remember well as it was just after i paid you 1000usd to patch up the old ADT chain so the swap could happen

i also hear it was you that made the POS part of the ADT v2 code for ahmed if that's the case its your code that's causing the current issue of POS blcoks staking before the client is in sync causing forks Sad

the stake on ADTv2 is over 100X more than it was on ADT1 so that was plenty for the first version and as i have always said it could be changed if the users wanted it and now they want it so its being changed   

saveADT

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:33:46 AM

I suggest that zackclark70 hands over ADT to Tranz or Ahmed along with All the un swapped coins , The swap program , All the domains and websites related to ADT then gives over all of his holdings other than 500 mill as a new DEV fund

Once zackclark70 is gone the coin needs changing to

10% POS every 15 days and 25,000 coins per POW block as that would bring new users and only make ADT have 200,000,000,000 coins in 12 months time that should make it half the price of IFC making everyone loads of money and make the zackclark70 donated DEV fund worth around 100k USD giving the new DEVs the money to take ADT to the next level or pay them selves for the work 

gooby

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:39:57 AM

Any other information about this coin ? Huh Huh

EquinoxManagement - New Reliable Currency
GlobAllCoin -100%IPO-15657191800@163.com
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! | wallet address
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:48:23 AM

I suggest that zackclark70 hands over ADT to Tranz or Ahmed along with All the un swapped coins , The swap program , All the domains and websites related to ADT then gives over all of his holdings other than 500 mill as a new DEV fund

10% POS every 15 days and 25,000 coins per POW block as that would bring new users and only make ADT have 200,000,000,000 coins in 12 months time that should make it half the price of IFC making everyone loads of money and make the zackclark70 donated DEV fund worth around 100k USD giving the new DEVs the money to take ADT to the next level or pay them selves for the work 

i will ignore the first part as this is blatantly an alt account

i think you mean 10% / 30 days lol ( ether that or your calculation is well off )

5% / 15 days for 6 months then dropping by 1% every 3 months until it gets to 1% then it halves every 3 months after that

As long as people don't sell there stake coins they would still have the same over all % of coins in circulation

i would prefer to stay low POS but we could use POS to get ADT upto the original 180 bill it was meant to be if the users wanted that

if we aimed to get it to 160 bill over the next 12 months i don't think that would harm ADT to much in the long term and it can always be changed in the future

i would prefer to keep it low as it would help it be a more stable currency  but i know 99% of the people don't care unless it makes them good money

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:54:13 AM

im sorry but ill never take up adt v2. the only coin which i am dedicating my time to is myriadcoin and it has been like that from the second it launched. it has been the only coin in recent times with potential and a dev who can code. i have no wish to pick up the mess around adt v2. Even if i had my way i would definitely re-enable POW mining with a ppcoin like block reward and increase the Stake amounts which im sure the bag holders here dont want. Secondly Props to Tranz. he has helped numerous coins around and contrary to what zack says he has no responsability towards adt v2. all tranz did was set the stake times and amounts. the rest was done by CRC. We advised zack when we started that we hadnt done a PoS coin before and he has the coin looked over by mullick and paid us. That freed us from our contractual agreement which was to make the coin to his standard.

Ahmed

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:48:38 AM

Mr SaveADT should use his real account and doesn't really know much about the politics. It is open source so really anyone could build for it. Why 10% every 15 days?

POS could work a bit like a derrent to keeping it on an exchange if it were high enough for example if it were 100% a year, after a year of holding it on the exchange it would be worth half as much.  POS blocks could be updated for better block finding (possibly minimum stake age compounding). You should look into Ultracions code for how they said you could only mine if you were holding a balance.

You could even check into Nxt for their mining of fees, I'm sure you could route the TX fees back into POS and have staking claim fees along with staked interest. Myriadcoin is a good example of using multi algorithms in one coin. I particularly like features of the x11 coins but I'm still far more partial to Proof of stake but I think Pow could be secured at low hashrates or low yields if done right.

I think it's not so much what the percentage of inflation as how everything will interact with each other that matters.
coinbloke

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:34:17 AM

I have lost more than 0.5B ADT today, becuase of the hard disk error. I have not backup it becuase this is my temp Wallet, and I never think the hard disk will crash. those ADT lost forever.

Use data recovery but DO NOT ATTEMPT yourself take it to a professional. This is what I do for a living.
coinbloke

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:21:16 AM

I think ADT should just be what the majority wants with some common sense as simple as that. After all we are all here to make a profit so while I get Zach's point of view he really needs to lower his resistance, saying that also ignore crazy ideas as some suggest. ADT can and will be a good coin if partly can run as investors demand and partly if stays true to its original purpose but clearly interest rates need to raise quickly.
Even more important the patch needs to come out ASAP!
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:14:22 AM

I think ADT should just be what the majority wants with some common sense as simple as that. After all we are all here to make a profit so while I get Zach's point of view he really needs to lower his resistance, saying that also ignore crazy ideas as some suggest. ADT can and will be a good coin if partly can run as investors demand and partly if stays true to its original purpose but clearly interest rates need to raise quickly.
Even more important the patch needs to come out ASAP!

changing the POS will also need a hardfork so its best to do both at the same time right now the average that people want is 28% a year if everyone agrees on that I can move forward with it and get this patch finished

no mater what its going to annoy some of the ADT users as there is nothing I can do to keep everyone happy

if there is enough response over the next few h I will be able to tell mullick the new settings and get this patch out as right now half the people want 1 thing and half want the opposite and I am stuck in the middle ( there are a lot of ADT holders that have sent me messages about this )

how does this sound

2.5% POS / 15 days for 6 months lowering by 0.5% every 6 months until it hits 1%

1000 ADT / POW block 1 block / min to keep the POW going well

every 6 months the status of the POW and POS can be reviewed and changes can be discussed at that time

I would also like to remind you all that POS was only 0.005% every 30 days on ADT v1 so by upping it to 0.05 I made it 100X more on ADT v2 !

coinbloke

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:20:38 AM

I say just go ahead and as suggested and finish the patch. After all as you say you cant make all happy but better make some happy than being stuck. Just hit sweet spot in between so whoever wants to hold can do and for some quick interest will mean happiness. Its hard but you gotta go with the flow.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:31:20 AM

i still have a ton of adt1 i can't swap over, come on guys let's just decide and get these chains running so we can use the coin.

how does this sound   

2.5% POS / 15 days for 6 months lowering by 0.5% every 6 months until it hits 1%

that sounds good, we need pow mining a bit i think.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:32:57 AM

i still have a ton of adt1 i can't swap over, come on guys let's just decide and get these chains running so we can use the coin.

the swap program will be back online as soon as the patch has been running 24-48h after the patch

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:35:54 AM

how does this sound   

1000 ADT / block will make just over half a bill coins a year it could be upped to be 10,000 then lowered by 1,000 every 6 months it would get people mining again if that's the route people want to go I will make it happen and make sure I have a server ready to setup a pool on

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:38:02 AM

how does this sound   

1000 ADT / block will make just over half a bill coins a year it could be upped to be 10,000 then lowered by 1,000 every 6 months it would get people mining again if that's the route people want to go I will make it happen and make sure I have a server ready to setup a pool on

Yeah either that or POS that makes people hold their coins and wallets open. I think staking daily is the best way like blackcoin.

coinbloke

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

so this should be the way than I think we are in agreement here so lets patch it up.
coinbloke

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:42:52 AM

staking keeps he wallets open which we really need.
KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:43:49 AM

Whaaatt?
ADT is also POS?
I thought it was POW.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: