Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 [668] 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:13:27 PM

Do we have an approximate ETA on the android wallet release? Not complaining, just wondering when it will likely be out.

paspi gave us a recent update just a few pages back. there are some problems that we have to solve. maybe you could comment if you have ideas?

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:14:56 PM

welcome aboard! if you have some ideas for the future development don'T hesitate to post them! people here in the thread are really friendly!

Thanks!  Cheesy

I believe that the mint-qt needs some improvements, e.g.:
- Implement a small symbol in the bottom left showing when the wallet is "minting", when rolling the cursor over, you can see status, e.g. that you are not minting because your coins are not "old" enough, and then show the age of your youngest coin.

- Safty: when wallet is unlocked and mininting, then should the user be asked for the password again if sending mints.
- The logo in the wallet, should be more appealing (simple), perhaps just a mint-leave or the mint logo.
- Better installer, manually coping the conf file is not ideal.
- Window 64bit support.  
- Mint blockchain bootstrap as torrent.

This is not meant as a criticize to mint-qt, it works great and is stable, just suggesting for new features.

you can contact kergecoin or the developers with your suggestions. i think these are really simple improvements that can be implemented in the 1.9 version.
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:19:20 PM

Im selling every two days 30.000 mint at vault of satoshi.
You guys do the same, keep that market liquid.

Is those 30k from minting?

No, from my stash

i mint only like 1000 a day or so.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:26:25 PM

Im selling every two days 30.000 mint at vault of satoshi.
You guys do the same, keep that market liquid.

Is those 30k from minting?

No, from my stash

i mint only like 1000 a day or so.

How can you mint everyday? Will your coins age not be reset after mininting?

I haven't started minint yet (my coins are too young).

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
MarSas

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:16:07 PM

One can mint every day if there were deposits made every day in the last 20 days.
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:23:47 PM

One can mint every day if there were deposits made every day in the last 20 days.

Right.. i have a considerable amount of mint i mine in POW phase, and they all have diferent coinage.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:54:19 PM

Seems to have gone a little quiet with the marketing side of things.

Anyone care to update how things are traveling with Merchants, plans etc?

It's hard watching others fly, when MINT has so much to offer. I realise long term is the big goal, but would be nice to see some action.

Not anymore. Something is going on. Huge buys just happened. At sell prices... Someone is digging into this coin quick and buying up.

My question is what don't I know. Not a typical pump tactic to buy at current levels... So is something about to happen that will spike this coin?

I have just joined MINT a few days ago.
I have bought 5m over the last days, at 15-16 satoshi.

Not looking to dump, my plan is to MINT - and see if I can help the community make the coin takeoff.
I am a strong believer in PoS.

I have a background in mining, but I am almost completely out of mining (expect one scrypt-miner and one GB), I am most likely not going to reinvest in mining, the profit margin is simple to narrow.  
I believe that other miners will do the same when the scrypt ASIC miners seriously hit the market.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:12:25 PM

Yeah, I usually mint several times a day because I was mining mint during the POW phase, so I was receiving coins in "chunks" multiple times a day, each of which was part of a different block. Then I was using the mint multipool for a while so that added some more chunks in. I have enough of them that I basically mint a few times a day, every day.
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:23:32 PM

Yeah, I usually mint several times a day because I was mining mint during the POW phase, so I was receiving coins in "chunks" multiple times a day, each of which was part of a different block. Then I was using the mint multipool for a while so that added some more chunks in. I have enough of them that I basically mint a few times a day, every day.

Thats sweet.

Our network has more people stacking their coins than any other POS CLone.

That means we are more secure to an attack.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:53:28 PM

Thats sweet.

Our network has more people stacking their coins than any other POS CLone.

That means we are more secure to an attack.

I do like mintcoin but hobonickels has way more people holding and staking. Too many mintcoin holders are selling like fucking dumbasses, which is why the price isn't going up. It frustrates me to no end; how is it worth it to sell your coins for like fucking 15-20 satoshis... But most people on here are just looking to make quick buck rather than a slow fortune.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:22:46 PM

I do like mintcoin but hobonickels has way more people holding and staking. Too many mintcoin holders are selling like fucking dumbasses, which is why the price isn't going up. It frustrates me to no end; how is it worth it to sell your coins for like fucking 15-20 satoshis... But most people on here are just looking to make quick buck rather than a slow fortune.

Holding... Holding... BUYING! Holding... BUYING! Holding... Holding... Holding...

hodl those Mint!!!

buy more Mint!!!

...and above all:

(...below a reasonable floor. Like maybe, 3000 sat)   Grin
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:50:50 PM

Someone shared this link on our Mintcoin reddit page the other day  http://www.coingecko.com/  as you can see Mintcoin is growing faster than quite a few coins even some that have seen recent pumps so if everyone believes and you take a look at the FACTS the future is bright. Mintcoin has a positive, friendly and very helpful community. Our community is growing all the time and with your help Mintcoin can be Number 1

Please share on Facebook invite friends to like / tweet and do what you can to get the word out!

Social Networking
   http://www.mintcointalk.com/
   https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
   http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/
   https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam
   https://plus.google.com/116843574211918716580/posts

ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:04:33 PM

One problem that has come up recently in BTC circles is that merchants who accept a coin but then immediately exchange it, are actually creating sell pressure rather than helping the coin price. Any ideas on how mint could work around this?

I'm a merchant and like the idea of making 20% interest on money coming in or that I'm holding. I believe this gives a little more incentive to hold onto the coins rather than immediately exchange them. Sometimes I can do alot better than 20% profit with items I buy/ sell but Mintcoin is alot better than holding Cash or just keeping money in a regular banking account. So there is at least some incentive to hold coins

When price is stable and slowly going up, merchants will hold.

That also needs BTC price gets stable

It may take some time, but finally all people will understand what is inflation. Then people will start prefering coins over FIAT.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:18:56 PM

Earth Day is soon (22nd). It is a great opportunity to bring some attention toward mintcoin. And have fun at the same time and build up the community.

What I propose:
every one of us go looking for a natural spot around your place of living. Print out a Mintcoin poster that we still have to create together. Take a camera, place the poster in a strategic location so that it will be on the shot without obscuring the natural spot. Make some shot (Photoshop is allowed for small modification - do not make the spot looks like what it is not).

Once back home, choose the best one and send it to me with a 3-liner about this location. Why you choose it (particularly beautiful, particularly destroyed by mankind, great memories...) We will post them in a carousel fashion on a website that will go public this very day.

Example text: "When I was young, my mother liked to bring me here and just stay silent, watching the waterfall. We have only one mother. We have only one Earth." Gl0sser, mintcoin user
As you can see, no mention on mintcoin on the text itself, only the signature will be the same. I believe it is better that way, but your mileage may vary.

We'll try to publish it on non-crypto related websites. Even if it doesn't increase the price of mintcoin, it will strenghten us as a community and it is our duty as a sustainable development coin to act this way.

Another possibility would be to not included a mintcoin poste in the picture but to have a mintcoin logo in the surrounding text. I am thinking of regular motivator-like poster with a logo on the right (or the left). I'll try to provide you a sample.

Who's in?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

Earth Day is soon (22nd). It is a great opportunity to bring some attention toward mintcoin. And have fun at the same time and build up the community.

What I propose:
every one of us go looking for a natural spot around your place of living. Print out a Mintcoin poster that we still have to create together. Take a camera, place the poster in a strategic location so that it will be on the shot without obscuring the natural spot. Make some shot (Photoshop is allowed for small modification - do not make the spot looks like what it is not).

Once back home, choose the best one and send it to me with a 3-liner about this location. Why you choose it (particularly beautiful, particularly destroyed by mankind, great memories...) We will post them in a carousel fashion on a website that will go public this very day.

Example text: "When I was young, my mother liked to bring me here and just stay silent, watching the waterfall. We have only one mother. We have only one Earth." Gl0sser, mintcoin user
As you can see, no mention on mintcoin on the text itself, only the signature will be the same. I believe it is better that way, but your mileage may vary.

We'll try to publish it on non-crypto related websites. Even if it doesn't increase the price of mintcoin, it will strenghten us as a community and it is our duty as a sustainable development coin to act this way.

Another possibility would be to not included a mintcoin poste in the picture but to have a mintcoin logo in the surrounding text. I am thinking of regular motivator-like poster with a logo on the right (or the left). I'll try to provide you a sample.

Who's in?

This is a great idea! I love doing things to help our planet and have been planning on picking up some trash around our lake. The lake is low so all kinds of trash is along the shore. It really is awful that people just throw bottles, cans and all sorts of trash and just think it doesn't matter. I don't know if I can get any good photos but sounds fun anyways.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 06:18:16 AM

I suddenly started having synch issues today, which tells me there were bad nodes in my .conf file. I deleted all nodes and renamed my wallet exe to "Mintcoin -qt -checknode=o.exe"  and everything synched fine.

Then, I sent 1 million MINT to Vault of Satoshi and WOW, it was confirmed FAST.

Nice to not have to sit around with my thumb up my ass with this coin. It moves quick and if I have an issue I can't figure out on my own, I know I can come here, and that is VALUABLE in the crypto-world. We should integrate a link to this forum in the "Help" section of the wallet, as this is the most likely place someone will find answers to their questions already posted.

Nice to be invested in a coin that has great PoS and an excellent price point backed by a strong community with plans currently in action. This coin is my current favorite, and has been my go-to coin for long-term gain. Keep up the great work community!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:41:43 AM

Okay, I know there is a lot of very smart people here, I need a few of you to help me understand why in the hell there are people who let MILLIONS of Mintcoins sit on exchanges on sell walls all the way past 35 Satoshi?

Do they not realize that even if some HUGE whale came along and started buying Mint with 100BTC, they would most likely miss out on the action anyways? I just can't imagine why you would leave something that will pay you approx. 1.06% every 20 days just laying around where it does you NO GOOD.

I calculated the coins on Mintpal on current sell walls up to 22 Satoshi, and there is 4.5 MILLION coins being given up, just basically thrown in the garbage, why on Earth would anyone just throw away that many coins?

If anyone here has coins on exchanges, sitting at unreasonable sell orders, think about this, then transfer them back into your wallet and leave them there....EARN THE INTEREST....

Good, Dedicated and supportive people are putting their heart and soul into this coin, and there are people just throwing the greatness of it away.....WHY?Huh?
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:28:05 AM

welcome aboard! if you have some ideas for the future development don'T hesitate to post them! people here in the thread are really friendly!

Thanks!  Cheesy

I believe that the mint-qt needs some improvements, e.g.:
- Implement a small symbol in the bottom left showing when the wallet is "minting", when rolling the cursor over, you can see status, e.g. that you are not minting because your coins are not "old" enough, and then show the age of your youngest coin.

- Safty: when wallet is unlocked and mininting, then should the user be asked for the password again if sending mints.
- The logo in the wallet, should be more appealing (simple), perhaps just a mint-leave or the mint logo.
- Better installer, manually coping the conf file is not ideal.
- Window 64bit support.  
- Mint blockchain bootstrap as torrent.

This is not meant as a criticize to mint-qt, it works great and is stable, just suggesting for new features.

you can contact kergecoin or the developers with your suggestions. i think these are really simple improvements that can be implemented in the 1.9 version.

Hi,

First of all. Please remember, that im not in developer of Mintcoin. Simply a fan.

- Minting/staking icon requires quite a bit of  changes and additions in source code. Mincoin source is based on different tree than blackcoin or hobonickels, which have this feature. So its not easy copy from another source. But its definately doable if anyone familiar with mintcoin code tree takes time for it.
- Unlock wallet for minting only from gui is not hard to do. At worst, its few hours of work. If no one else takes it then perhaps i find some free time for it later.
- I somewhat agree regarding wallet.png image. It could be better. I would also like a smaller window size wallet. I already made smaller version of wallet from 1.7 in past. No 1.8 yet. Anyway. This is not my decision to make.
- Most users dont even need .conf file. Regarding installer. I cant do it myself, since im not familiar with windows installers neither do i have software for making it. I agree that installer would be nice as an optional choice.
Also a static build would be nice for windows. Getting rid of those .dll files to make installing client even simplier.
- 64bit? I dont know any reason why to use 64bit wallet instead of 32bit on 64bit system. 32bit runs perfectly fine.
- bootstrap torrent. Perhaps it could be useful in later time.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 08:24:46 AM

Hi,

First of all. Please remember, that im not in developer of Mintcoin. Simply a fan.

- Minting/staking icon requires quite a bit of  changes and additions in source code. Mincoin source is based on different tree than blackcoin or hobonickels, which have this feature. So its not easy copy from another source. But its definately doable if anyone familiar with mintcoin code tree takes time for it.
- Unlock wallet for minting only from gui is not hard to do. At worst, its few hours of work. If no one else takes it then perhaps i find some free time for it later.
- I somewhat agree regarding wallet.png image. It could be better. I would also like a smaller window size wallet. I already made smaller version of wallet from 1.7 in past. No 1.8 yet. Anyway. This is not my decision to make.
- Most users dont even need .conf file. Regarding installer. I cant do it myself, since im not familiar with windows installers neither do i have software for making it. I agree that installer would be nice as an optional choice.
Also a static build would be nice for windows. Getting rid of those .dll files to make installing client even simplier.
- 64bit? I dont know any reason why to use 64bit wallet instead of 32bit on 64bit system. 32bit runs perfectly fine.
- bootstrap torrent. Perhaps it could be useful in later time.

Thank you for explaining Smiley
I think that is cool that you are contributing to the development on fan basis Smiley
I hope to also do a contrition (where I can).
Cheers!

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
jakema

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:41:01 AM

Okay, I know there is a lot of very smart people here, I need a few of you to help me understand why in the hell there are people who let MILLIONS of Mintcoins sit on exchanges on sell walls all the way past 35 Satoshi?

Do they not realize that even if some HUGE whale came along and started buying Mint with 100BTC, they would most likely miss out on the action anyways? I just can't imagine why you would leave something that will pay you approx. 1.06% every 20 days just laying around where it does you NO GOOD.

I calculated the coins on Mintpal on current sell walls up to 22 Satoshi, and there is 4.5 MILLION coins being given up, just basically thrown in the garbage, why on Earth would anyone just throw away that many coins?

If anyone here has coins on exchanges, sitting at unreasonable sell orders, think about this, then transfer them back into your wallet and leave them there....EARN THE INTEREST....

Good, Dedicated and supportive people are putting their heart and soul into this coin, and there are people just throwing the greatness of it away.....WHY?Huh?

+1
people send your coins to your wallet, don't waste the pos stages
Pages: « 1 ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 [668] 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: