Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:23:33 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 06:06:31 PM by Dyna

Quick Updates:

I wish I have more time, but at this time of the year when daylily and other flowers are at their peak bloom time, my "honey do list" is long and demanding. This is our time to entertain and show off a little with lots of garden walks and dinners for families and friends. So, let me just give you a quick update.

DNotes' performance has been much stronger than expected. The fact that it has been staying at close to 600 Satoshi for many days with relatively high volume is impressive. This bull seems to be resting, rather than retreating. Give it another week or two to see if it is going to be testing a new higher low before continuing the upward climb.

We are definitely on track to be one of coin market cap top 50s. Again, it only counts when it is sustainable. The DNotes team will continue to work very hard and not take anything for granted.

Our development team has been growing with a solid addition. Our project list has also been growing.

We know that some of you have been working very hard voting at Mintpal to get DNotes listed on their exchange. We are very appreciated of your efforts. Although we have made significant advances, we are falling behind. With an average daily vote of less than 200, we are behind and must pick speed. This is a significant mile stone for DNotes. We can use a lot more help.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:16:21 PM

Quick Updates:

I wish I have more time, but at this time of the year when daylily and other flowers are at their peak bloom time, my "honey do list" is long and demanding. This is our time to entertain and show off a little with lots of garden walks and dinners for families and friends. So, let me just give you a quick update.

DNotes' performance has been much stronger than expected. The fact that it has been staying at close to 600 Satoshi for many days with relatively high volume is impressive. This bull seems to be resting, rather than retreating. Give it another week or two to see if it is going to be testing a new higher low before continuing the upward climb.

We are definitely on track to be one of coin market cap top 50s. Again, it only counts when it is sustainable. The DNotes team will continue to work very hard and not take anything for granted.

Our development team has been growing with a solid addition. Our project list has also been growing.

We know that some of you have been working very hard voting at Mintpal to get DNotes listed on their exchange. We are very appreciated of your efforts. Although we have made significant advances, we are falling behind. With an average daily vote of less than 200, we are behind and must pick speed. This is a significant mile stone for DNotes. We can use a lot more help.

Thanks for the update!  Found the article below, might want to see if we can ride this train, looks interesting:

"ExpressCoin, which we’ve covered in the past, is a Bitcoin commerce startup that’s aiming to make Bitcoin transactions accessible to people without technical expertise or conventional bank accounts. The creators of the platform hope to achieve this by offering a variety of easy methods of payments, including personal checks and cash, and maintaining a full-time support staff to help non-technical users access features of the platform. The platform currently supports Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, BlackCoin, and DarkCoin, and plans to support more Altcoins in the future."

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

Quick Updates:

With peak bloom finally here in the next two weeks at Smokeys Gardens, we are very, very busy. I have just recruited my ninth person that is voting for DNotes on a regular basis...Give a welcome to my nephew Adam. He is the ninth person I have recruited among friends and family (mostly family). Even during our long hours here on the farm (we prepped and planted until after 8PM most of last week, including July 4), we still find time to stop and vote for DNotes regularly. As you can see, you can leverage your efforts by including friends and family in our quest.

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:39:18 PM

Go DNotes!!!

Mined DNotes back in the day when I first started mining crypto.

Have yet to sell any, DNotes has a bright future Smiley
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:11:43 AM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

note.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.

Total Donations Raised in July so far: 92 - Really need to get our hash power back up to where it was before!
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in June: 3,443 NOTE (Experienced some pool related issues that resulted in a week of shutdown)
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in May: 74,361 NOTE (50k was Donated directly From Dyna)
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in April: 33,715 NOTE
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in March: 83,495 NOTE
Total Donations Raised and Donated to Charity in February: 29,690 NOTE
TX IDs and BTC breakdown provided on the Pool site.

Mandatory 0.75% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups, DDOS Protection
0.75% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.75% Pool Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins mined at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.75% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:32:22 AM

Thanks for the update!  Found the article below, might want to see if we can ride this train, looks interesting:

"ExpressCoin, which we’ve covered in the past, is a Bitcoin commerce startup that’s aiming to make Bitcoin transactions accessible to people without technical expertise or conventional bank accounts. The creators of the platform hope to achieve this by offering a variety of easy methods of payments, including personal checks and cash, and maintaining a full-time support staff to help non-technical users access features of the platform. The platform currently supports Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, BlackCoin, and DarkCoin, and plans to support more Altcoins in the future."

Thanks RJF, that definitely looks intriguing and warrants some further investigation.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:33:17 AM

With peak bloom finally here in the next two weeks at Smokeys Gardens, we are very, very busy. I have just recruited my ninth person that is voting for DNotes on a regular basis...Give a welcome to my nephew Adam. He is the ninth person I have recruited among friends and family (mostly family). Even during our long hours here on the farm (we prepped and planted until after 8PM most of last week, including July 4), we still find time to stop and vote for DNotes regularly. As you can see, you can leverage your efforts by including friends and family in our quest.

Glad to hear it! Every single vote counts. Welcome Adam!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:34:17 AM

Go DNotes!!!

Mined DNotes back in the day when I first started mining crypto.

Have yet to sell any, DNotes has a bright future Smiley

CryptoJohn, glad to see you're still with us! Hold onto those DNotes tightly.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:29:46 AM

Has anybody had a look into that Quickcoin facebook wallet application for bitcoin that even grandmothers can use?

I'm currently doing a lot of research into Crypto markets (in particular Dnotes), adoption advantages over fiat and price predictions of bitcoin prices with application of different economic theories, but simplifying it to basic reasoning for readers to form their own opinion. I will hopefully have something for you all soon, there is so much information to digest, and there has been almost no prior research on the topic. There is also a complete lack of academic sources. Makes for very exciting research!

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:23:47 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 02:01:51 PM by Chase

Has anyone noticed this on the Mintpal voting page?

"Important: Please be aware that we are phasing out the voting system. We have removed the option to make payment votes and will stop taking voting winners from 1st September onwards. The system will continue as normal until then."

This is their official announcement:

We haven't posted an official update here for almost 3 months, and what a 3 months it has been. We've hit our 5 month birthday, seen record volume numbers (over 16,700 BTC 24hr volume), had unprecedented levels of activity on the site and processed over 3 million deposits and withdrawals.

Voting changes
However, in those months, things have changed. When we first started out we introduced the coin voting system and initially it was a great success, many communities were working together to get their coin on a relatively new and unheard exchange, however recent events and attitudes have proven that the system is no longer viable in its current form. Effective immediately we are removing the paid vote facility for all coins and we are officially announcing the phasing out of the voting system altogether. It's only fair that we allow the coins currently on the list to have a fair shot at making the top spot, so we will operate a further 8 'Voting Mondays' including today, thus ending on 25th August 2014. After that we intend to adapt the voting system as a way of monitoring the current public demand for a coin by factoring in more for recent votes and allowing us to make decisions based on that.

New coin additions
We'll also be changing the way we handle new coin additions. The general feedback that we've had recently is that we have been slow in adding new coins. While this has been our way of vetting coins for quality, we appreciate that our users want to trade the most popular new coins at our exchange as soon as possible. We intend to add at least one brand new coin a week which we believe has potential and will give it fair time to prove itself. This will fit alongside our current schedule of adding coins that are already trading well elsewhere.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:55:51 PM

"Important: Please be aware that we are phasing out the voting system. We have removed the option to make payment votes and will stop taking voting winners from 1st September onwards. The system will continue as normal until then."

We haven't posted an official update here for almost 3 months, and what a 3 months it has been. We've hit our 5 month birthday, seen record volume numbers (over 16,700 BTC 24hr volume), had unprecedented levels of activity on the site and processed over 3 million deposits and withdrawals.

Voting changes
However, in those months, things have changed. When we first started out we introduced the coin voting system and initially it was a great success, many communities were working together to get their coin on a relatively new and unheard exchange, however recent events and attitudes have proven that the system is no longer viable in its current form. Effective immediately we are removing the paid vote facility for all coins and we are officially announcing the phasing out of the voting system altogether. It's only fair that we allow the coins currently on the list to have a fair shot at making the top spot, so we will operate a further 8 'Voting Mondays' including today, thus ending on 25th August 2014. After that we intend to adapt the voting system as a way of monitoring the current public demand for a coin by factoring in more for recent votes and allowing us to make decisions based on that.

New coin additions
We'll also be changing the way we handle new coin additions. The general feedback that we've had recently is that we have been slow in adding new coins. While this has been our way of vetting coins for quality, we appreciate that our users want to trade the most popular new coins at our exchange as soon as possible. We intend to add at least one brand new coin a week which we believe has potential and will give it fair time to prove itself. This will fit alongside our current schedule of adding coins that are already trading well elsewhere.
Here is my take. I have very high regards for Mintpal, except for their voting system. To be fair, I must add that I was dumbfounded that Cryptsy would not even put DNotes on their voting list, and Bittrex would not list DNotes on their Exchange because of our forum low page count. With this new policy, there is no assurance that DNotes will be listed on Mintpal by September 15, 2014.  However, I do respect Mintpal for making this policy change. I suspect that they are making a serious effort to upgrade the quality of their listings. If DNotes is measured against a list of selection criterion objectively, I am confident that we will score high on that list. Hence, my prediction is that DNotes will be listed sooner than later on Mintpal.

In the meantime our supporters should work even harder to give DNotes the best chance of being the winner for one of the 7 remaining picks. Win or loose we deeply appreciate your efforts.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:32:15 PM

Has anybody had a look into that Quickcoin facebook wallet application for bitcoin that even grandmothers can use?

I'm currently doing a lot of research into Crypto markets (in particular Dnotes), adoption advantages over fiat and price predictions of bitcoin prices with application of different economic theories, but simplifying it to basic reasoning for readers to form their own opinion. I will hopefully have something for you all soon, there is so much information to digest, and there has been almost no prior research on the topic. There is also a complete lack of academic sources. Makes for very exciting research!

QuickCoin is on the right track. However, I will add that, as it is, QuickCoin is only offering a partial solution. I am sure that they are working on other applications and features to fell the gaps. Unfortunately, I can not elaborate further, without show our hand.

What I can say is that, DNotes is positioned to meet the needs of the masses beyond the current crypto industry or early adaptors. To do that, we must focus on features and applications that are easy to understand, easy to use, and highly secured. We do recognize that there is a need for “NSA proof privacy” but that is not our focus at this time. We are also concerned that Proof of Stake (POS) causes more problems and complications than it has been represented, resulting in further hindrances for mass adoption. I will post my position on POS at a later date.

TeeGee, we are very appreciative of your research efforts to assist our community to gain a better understanding of digital currency from an economist’s point of view, perhaps with DNotes as part of your case study. I will PM you with some suggestions in the next few days. I apologize for the delay.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:30:56 PM

Quick Updates:

RJF, thanks for bringing our attention to ExpressCoin. They do offer an interesting service. I will contact them to consider supporting DNotes in their future plan.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:51:34 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 05:04:32 PM by Chase

Voting changes

New coin additions
Here is my take. I have very high regards for Mintpal, except for their voting system. To be fair, I must add that I was dumbfounded that Cryptsy would not even put DNotes on their voting list, and Bittrex would not list DNotes on their Exchange because of our forum low page count. With this new policy, there is no assurance that DNotes will be listed on Mintpal by September 15, 2014.  However, I do respect Mintpal for making this policy change. I suspect that they are making a serious effort to upgrade the quality of their listings. If DNotes is measured against a list of selection criterion objectively, I am confident that we will score high on that list. Hence, my prediction is that DNotes will be listed sooner than later on Mintpal.

In the meantime our supporters should work even harder to give DNotes the best chance of being the winner for one of the 7 remaining picks. Win or loose we deeply appreciate your efforts.

I agree with you - we should ramp up our voting.  Even at our current 250 votes per day, it will take us to over 18,000 by Aug. 25.  I realize that the other coins aren't standing still on this, but a lot of them weren't moving with our momentum and they can no longer buy their way up.  We are also actively securing new voters.  Mintpal could do another vote audit and some of them could take a big tumble.  Even if we don't make the top 7, we will be up high enough to be noticed.

"Bittrex would not list DNotes on their Exchange because of our forum low page count"  -  I believe you, but I  feel like saying 'You're kidding, right'Huh?  I checked out another coin that is listed there and they only had 42 pages when they got listed.  As much as I like our forum because it isn't filled with pages of repeats, etc., just say the word, and I will go through the last 50 pages and +1 every post (just kidding!).  I can hardly wait for the professional exchanges to come.  Rant over.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:53:49 PM

Vote here:

https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1719117-0lbiRIgZWM

to have DNotes added to the "ExpressCoin" payments system...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:05:00 PM

Vote here:

Thanks, RJF. I just voted. Others should join our efforts. DNotes is not yet on their list. To vote for DNotes, check "Other" box and type "DNotes". This is another opportunity to show that we have solid community support. Our development team has been working extremely hard for no extra extra pay or general donation. They are just like the rest of us who are strongly committed to build stake holder value every day. Our projects have been and will continue to be funded by a handful of larger stake holders. I like to take this opportunity to thank them and thank all of you for your support.
----------------------
Express Voting:

Which currencies would you like us to support?*
Auororacoin
Counterparty
Mastercoin
Namecoin
Vertcoin
Nxt
Quarkcoin
BitShares
Peercoin
Myriadcoin
Ripple
Other:
DNotes
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:28:32 PM

Voting changes

New coin additions
Here is my take. I have very high regards for Mintpal, except for their voting system. To be fair, I must add that I was dumbfounded that Cryptsy would not even put DNotes on their voting list, and Bittrex would not list DNotes on their Exchange because of our forum low page count. With this new policy, there is no assurance that DNotes will be listed on Mintpal by September 15, 2014.  However, I do respect Mintpal for making this policy change. I suspect that they are making a serious effort to upgrade the quality of their listings. If DNotes is measured against a list of selection criterion objectively, I am confident that we will score high on that list. Hence, my prediction is that DNotes will be listed sooner than later on Mintpal.

I agree with you - we should ramp up our voting.  Even at our current 250 votes per day, it will take us to over 18,000 by Aug. 25.  I realize that the other coins aren't standing still on this, but a lot of them weren't moving with our momentum and they can no longer buy their way up.  We are also actively securing new voters.  Mintpal could do another vote audit and some of them could take a big tumble.  Even if we don't make the top 7, we will be up high enough to be noticed.

"Bittrex would not list DNotes on their Exchange because of our forum low page count"  -  I believe you, but I  feel like saying 'You're kidding, right'Huh?  I checked out another coin that is listed there and they only had 42 pages when they got listed.  As much as I like our forum because it isn't filled with pages of repeats, etc., just say the word, and I will go through the last 50 pages and +1 every post (just kidding!).  I can hardly wait for the professional exchanges to come.  Rant over.

Yes, let's give it our best shot.

It does get frustrating sometime. Six months from now, the tide will turn. Many will be doing the "selling" as to why we should participate in their program. That is part of our strategic mission. One day in the near future, DNotes will sell itself on merits. This will be especially true in winning over merchant accounts that will accept DNotes.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:01:58 PM

I'd just like to A. Increase our post count by one, so that we can 'get more forum pages' for bittrex and B. show everybody my country's Central Bankers beginning to make some noise in regards to digital currency.

"New Zealand Central Banker: Cryptocurrencies Could Supplant Cash"

For anybody interested:

http://www.coindesk.com/new-zealand-central-banker-cryptocurrencies-supplant-cash/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:49:57 PM

Vote here:

Voted.  Expresscoin is also expanding into Canada - http://www.coindesk.com/expresscoin-expands-canada-offers-debit-card-payments/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:51:27 PM

I'd just like to A. Increase our post count by one, so that we can 'get more forum pages' for bittrex and B. show everybody my country's Central Bankers beginning to make some noise in regards to digital currency.

"New Zealand Central Banker: Cryptocurrencies Could Supplant Cash"

For anybody interested:

http://www.coindesk.com/new-zealand-central-banker-cryptocurrencies-supplant-cash/

+1 

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist!

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: