Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:42:14 PM

I'm doing a little research on DNotes distribution worldwide and would like to know what country everyone is from other than those from U.S. and Canada.  If you don't want to post it here (even though I think everyone would love to know), could you please send me a message.  Thank you!

I am from the Mid-West, USA. I do know that a few of our large stake holders are from Malaysia.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:26:05 PM

Voting at Mintpal Exchange for DNotes has been doing very well. Since June 18, 2014 we have advanced from position #85 with 1646 votes to position #71 with 2266 votes, at time of this post. Our social media campaign will begin Wednesday next week, supported by more giveaways at Allcoin and Poloniex Exchange. DNotes giveaway at C-Cex has just ended with 1,000 recipients. However, we can use a lot more help. This is an important milestone for DNotes.

All my indicators are reflecting that DNotes is on an up trend. This is likely to continue. We are on track to be a market cap top 50s before the end of this year. Again, our goal is to give DNotes the best chances to be the most stable digital currency with reliable appreciating value.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

Added two new nodes. I had them available last night but wanted to ensure they updated. Here is the list.

addnode=n4.dnotescoin.com
addnode=n5.dnotescoin.com
addnode=128.199.239.199
addnode=95.85.44.200
addnode=162.243.225.90

If you are having problems syncing, close the client, add the nodes to your DNotes.conf file, open the client, give it a bit to connect and catch up.

Please report back here or send me an email contact@dnotescoin.com if you're still having a problem syncing so I can closely monitor the issue.

Rekatan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:18:07 PM

We're at what looks like a stable 290-300 sat on Poloniex! This is looking like the first time that we'll achieve 300+ satoshi where it wasn't the result of a pump.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

I agree. Too early to make a solid call, but looks very promissing. Quite unusual in the crypto currency space. I am interested to hear what other stake holders think.
Rekatan

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:09:20 PM

I agree. Too early to make a solid call, but looks very promissing. Quite unusual in the crypto currency space. I am interested to hear what other stake holders think.

Someone just bought through a .3 BTC sell wall. That's pretty substantial for DNotes where sell walls are almost non existent, and volume is fairly low compared to other cryptocurrencies. I think at this point we're either going to see continued stable growth, or a newcomer take the opportunity to pump&dump it for a new all time high, with the dnotes low end stabilizing well higher than the last pump (probably no lower than 250 with where things have been the last month).
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:53:01 PM

Added two new nodes. I had them available last night but wanted to ensure they updated. Here is the list.

addnode=128.199.239.199
addnode=95.85.44.200
addnode=162.243.225.90

The initial downloading of the blockchain is, in my opinion, a big stumbling block on the road to adoption. People don't like to wait especially if its something they are trying and don't really know about yet. I'm not a Dev but, have been in the industry mot of my life and this holds true everywhere: Quick=Adoption=Stability=Profit

Here's an idea: could the standard wallets be modified to download a compressed file containing the latest blockchain data current up to say a day or so old? This file could be automatically updated at the source daily. The file could be made available on a large download site with plenty of bandwidth so it would be fast download, seconds vs what we see now. Immediatly following download the wallet would go out and grab blockchain data only from the point a which the file left off.

-or-

Add latest blockchain data to the wallet files so it comes with the download and again, after install, pick up the rest of the chain?

Just something think on, there must be a better way to do this part. Sounds complicated I know but it could be a fully automated process.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Rekatan

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:24:50 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 05:35:35 PM by Rekatan

addnode=128.199.239.199
addnode=95.85.44.200
addnode=162.243.225.90

The initial downloading of the blockchain is, in my opinion, a big stumbling block on the road to adoption. People don't like to wait especially if its something they are trying and don't really know about yet. I'm not a Dev but, have been in the industry mot of my life and this holds true everywhere: Quick=Adoption=Stability=Profit

Here's an idea: could the standard wallets be modified to download a compressed file containing the latest blockchain data current up to say a day or so old? This file could be automatically updated at the source daily. The file could be made available on a large download site with plenty of bandwidth so it would be fast download, seconds vs what we see now. Immediatly following download the wallet would go out and grab blockchain data only from the point a which the file left off.

-or-

Add latest blockchain data to the wallet files so it comes with the download and again, after install, pick up the rest of the chain?

Just something think on, there must be a better way to do this part. Sounds complicated I know but it could be a fully automated process.

I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I believe the blockchain is all or nothing. Bitcoin does have some light wallets that bypass downloading the blockchain entirely though, as does Dogecoin I know off the top of my head. Someone with more technical know-how will have to weigh in on this one, but a dnotes light wallet certain wouldn't be a bad idea (though the less users who download the blockchain, the less available connections for those of us who have).

*EDIT*

Actually if no one is already working on one, I would be interested in writing a light wallet. It would be in my spare time and learning as I go, but there's a lot of transferable skills there that I need to learn sooner or later, and DNotes has been good to me thus far, so I should start giving back.

Can a dev let me know their thoughts on this? PM is fine if you'd prefer, and I completely understand if you're uncomfortable with a newbie using it as a learning experience Cheesy .
mine big alts

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:30:56 PM

Someone just bought through a .3 BTC sell wall. That's pretty substantial for DNotes where sell walls are almost non existent, and volume is fairly low compared to other cryptocurrencies. I think at this point we're either going to see continued stable growth, or a newcomer take the opportunity to pump&dump it for a new all time high, with the dnotes low end stabilizing well higher than the last pump (probably no lower than 250 with where things have been the last month).

Yeah, maybe a big rise is on it's way...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:17:42 PM

I haven't checked out the light wallet as of yet. We were considering a web wallet as a way to get new people interested without having to use a desktop wallet. Eventually, even if you use a web wallet, you will want to use a desktop client, for higher security or storage, though there are other options here as well. Making the desktop client more user friendly will be helpful when you get to that point.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

Rekatan, and this goes for everyone, we would love people to get more actively involved in development such as creating an open source light wallet. Just bare in mind, we would need a good amount of time to review the source and compile it for ourselves to really be able endorse it.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:24:28 PM

I haven't checked out the light wallet as of yet. We were considering a web wallet as a way to get new people interested without having to use a desktop wallet. Eventually, even if you use a web wallet, you will want to use a desktop client, for higher security or storage, though there are other options here as well. Making the desktop client more user friendly will be helpful when you get to that point.

Then perhaps something as simple as a distraction while the blocks are loading. Remember Windows XP & 7 installs? There is a moving bar showing completion status but also a box with constantly changing information to read while the install continues, just to distract you from how long the install is taking!  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:39:58 PM

Then perhaps something as simple as a distraction while the blocks are loading. Remember Windows XP & 7 installs? There is a moving bar showing completion status but also a box with constantly changing information to read while the install continues, just to distract you from how long the install is taking!  Smiley

Some fun facts maybe? Smiley

Rekatan

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:42:10 PM

Haha Cheesy love it!

Unfortunately if the older/larger coins are any indication, we may need more than just a visual distraction, like Google Fiber going nation-wide. I have 50 down/10 up internet and the bitcoin blockchain still takes about half a day for me whenever I need to sync the blockchain on a new drive. I definitely agree with your fundamental point though, syncing with the blockchain needs to be significantly streamlined in order for mainstream adoption to occur. Your average user won't be too happy with a wallet eating up 30GB of their harddrive for some unknown reason either. That's the fun of crypto though, SO MUCH room for improvement. It's very exciting that we get to be in on it at the ground level.

Rekatan, and this goes for everyone, we would love people to get more actively involved in development such as creating an open source light wallet. Just bare in mind, we would need a good amount of time to review the source and compile it for ourselves to really be able endorse it.

Great, and I honestly am not even concerned if it's endorsed/released or not. If it doesn't get the stamp of approval internally I'll just call it a learning experience and either revise it or move on if it's not worth the time. I just wanted to first make sure that it wasn't something you already had in the works before I got started.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:02:12 PM

Yeah, maybe a big rise is on it's way...

I also think that the excess supply has been bought up.  At Poloniex, any sellers rarely go past the top one or two buy orders and there seems to be a few hungry buyers there.  I think the pump and dump is mostly within the current cryptocurrency community and that DNotes will be held mainly by more serious long term investors that know how to handle these games.  I do agree on the new all time high and it may appear like a bit of a pump, but keep in mind the supply was reduced by 90%.  After that initial rise, everything looks like it is strategically planned for steady growth and stability.

MINTPAL VOTING - a fast rise on Mintpal is very good advertising for DNotes!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:11:34 AM

Keep in mind, that while supply was dropped by 90%, peoples demand doesn't necessarily stay at its previous level. The Notes become more expensive and fewer people want to buy, whenever the price increases, note holders are given an incentive to sell, adding to downwards price pressure. Velocity of the currency / what is listed on the exchanges, is the only price determinant of the entirety of  notes in the system. I would presume only 2% of notes are listed on exchanges, and that is what, in the short term, decides the value of the other 98%. In short, we won't know what our notes are worth for a long time.

Prisoners dilemma, if people start giving in to price signals to sell their Dnotes all at once, they ruin it for everybody, if people only sell in drips and drabs then there would be price stability and possibly more even stake distribution.  

There are too many variables to discuss, in the crypto world, it is just easier to watch for now. There are ways to mitigate pump and dumps, but they are unsustainable long term (dev acting as a buyer and seller with the pre-mine means he would run out of either note or bitcoin eventually and the whole thing would collapse) or the exact reason why people moved from fiat currency to crypto - no government intervention.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:56:25 AM

Keep in mind, that while supply was dropped by 90%, peoples demand doesn't necessarily stay at its previous level. The Notes become more expensive and fewer people want to buy, whenever the price increases, note holders are given an incentive to sell, adding to downwards price pressure. Velocity of the currency / what is listed on the exchanges, is the only price determinant of the entirety of  notes in the system. I would presume only 2% of notes are listed on exchanges, and that is what, in the short term, decides the value of the other 98%. In short, we won't know what our notes are worth for a long time.

Prisoners dilemma, if people start giving in to price signals to sell their Dnotes all at once, they ruin it for everybody, if people only sell in drips and drabs then there would be price stability and possibly more even stake distribution.  

There are too many variables to discuss, in the crypto world, it is just easier to watch for now. There are ways to mitigate pump and dumps, but they are unsustainable long term (dev acting as a buyer and seller with the pre-mine means he would run out of either note or bitcoin eventually and the whole thing would collapse) or the exact reason why people moved from fiat currency to crypto - no government intervention.

Boy I'm glad you're here!  As a matter of fact, I'm so glad you're here, I'm not even going to object to you calling me brother!  Wink  I don't think DNotes is going to go up in correlation to the 90% decrease immediately but I was factoring in an increase in demand.  DNotes has done things differently than other currencies and I don't think a lot of people understand the building of a good foundation first.  There hasn't been the usual fuss made here that there has been with other coins and I'm pretty sure we have flown almost completely under the radar.  I think the buying will come from outside the current cryptocurrency world, maybe not in the next couple of weeks, but rather the next several months.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:32:40 AM

In an effort to make me eat my words, within 15 minutes of my last post, someone sold 35,000 DNotes at 300 on Poloniex.  I think I'll go back to staying out of the price game!

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:20:40 AM

Boy I'm glad you're here!  As a matter of fact, I'm so glad you're here, I'm not even going to object to you calling me brother!  Wink  I don't think DNotes is going to go up in correlation to the 90% decrease immediately but I was factoring in an increase in demand.  DNotes has done things differently than other currencies and I don't think a lot of people understand the building of a good foundation first.  There hasn't been the usual fuss made here that there has been with other coins and I'm pretty sure we have flown almost completely under the radar.  I think the buying will come from outside the current cryptocurrency world, maybe not in the next couple of weeks, but rather the next several months.

Well, brother (Bro) is NZ slang which you either have not encountered much in the US (going by movies you do)... orrrr you are female, then you can be sister Smiley

I like watching the price go up, but again, I plan on holding for a long while so I will be riding out the dips and hopefully get a good result down the line. I'm helping vote on Mintpal, everybody get in on it!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:36:41 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 12:48:01 PM by Dyna

Wow! I have been gone for just one day and missed all the excitement and now I am a little exhausted to give each of you a personal response and expression of appreciation you deserve.

Your increased participation in this forum is greatly appreciated. It will go a long way in contributing to the overall success of DNotes.

As always, I keep a very close watch on many different indicators, both within DNotes and the crypto currency world as a whole.  I will continue to provide guidance in the most objective manner I can when I see something worth noting. There is a noticeable change in sentiment on DNotes as an investment choice. It is looking very favorable. It is still too early to call, and will take another week to ten days before I can be sufficiently confident as to what our next higher low will be. Someone mentioned 250 Satoshi. If I must guess, I would say 300 Sat.

It may surprise you to know that my biggest fear is not that the higher low will drop back to 200 Sat but large buy orders. To fill a buy order of 1,000,000 DNotes at Poloniex, this minute, will cost 5BTC, bringing DNotes price to 700 Sat. This will negatively affect our stability model. It is not likely to happen but it could. We do have action plans in place should it happen. No one can control the price in a sustainable maner over an extended period of time. However, we believe our committment to proactively manage stability increases our stake holders' value.  A steady price increase is the most favorable to our long term stake holders.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: