Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:36:05 PM

DCEBrief.com is up for feedback on the design.

It will prompt you for a login, enter daylily for the username and daylily for the password (it will prompt you to login twice).

Nothing is finalized, please feel free to comment on any aspect of the site. Whether you love it, hate it, or its just ok, I want to hear your comments.

Also, the content was just thrown in. The executive briefs were quickly written for demonstration purposes.

The executive brief for each story will be on the homepage, or category specific page (Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes). So if you only wish to read the executive briefs, you wont have to click any further. If you wish to read more, you can click into the story, at the top you will be provided with the executive brief, and below will be the full story. Do you feel this is the best solution?

Also, the categorization of content may be a little tricky. I'm guessing we don't want to say "politicians click here" or "investors click here", to direct them the appropriate content. Is categorizing them as Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes, the best solution?

The logo up there doesn't look bad, but it is essentially just a placeholder. I know some of you liked Mochilles logo's, once I get the source files I will tweak them and provide screen shots for everyone to decide.

Outstanding!!  Very nice contemporary design, professional and easy to read and navigate. Love the layout! Good color choices..  NICE work!

I will be gone the rest of the day to attend a Bitcoin/Blockchain meeting in Chicago. I will check in tomorrow morning.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 08:45:49 PM

It will prompt you for a login, enter daylily for the username and daylily for the password (it will prompt you to login twice).

Nothing is finalized, please feel free to comment on any aspect of the site. Whether you love it, hate it, or its just ok, I want to hear your comments.

Also, the content was just thrown in. The executive briefs were quickly written for demonstration purposes.

The executive brief for each story will be on the homepage, or category specific page (Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes). So if you only wish to read the executive briefs, you wont have to click any further. If you wish to read more, you can click into the story, at the top you will be provided with the executive brief, and below will be the full story. Do you feel this is the best solution?

Also, the categorization of content may be a little tricky. I'm guessing we don't want to say "politicians click here" or "investors click here", to direct them the appropriate content. Is categorizing them as Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes, the best solution?

The logo up there doesn't look bad, but it is essentially just a placeholder. I know some of you liked Mochilles logo's, once I get the source files I will tweak them and provide screen shots for everyone to decide.

Outstanding!!  Very nice contemporary design, professional and easy to read and navigate. Love the layout! Good color choices..  NICE work!

Thanks RJF! Glad you like it.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:07:12 PM

I will be gone the rest of the day to attend a Bitcoin/Blockchain meeting in Chicago. I will check in tomorrow morning.

Just curious as to how the meeting went. Thanks.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:50:52 PM

Just curious as to how the meeting went. Thanks.

That was a four hour meeting and we went over a little. It was a good opportunity for me to catch up with a few people I met before as well as some new friends. Great meeting. Over 40 people showed up.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 02:44:52 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 03:06:05 PM by DNotes

Potential Upgrades:
-Advertising/banner section.
-Mobile App to receive new stories on your phone.
-Newsletter for new stories posted.
-Widget for important/sticky stories.
-Social media integration to make it easy to like/share.
-Section for submitting news or tips.
-A regulation map, showing current rules and regulations for each state.

Community Questions:
-Do we want a category specifically for bitcoin?
   My thoughts: Having a category specifically for bitcoin may add a sense of legitimacy to the site, as we have a category specifically for DNotes.
-Do we add a legal category or change regulation to Legal?
   My thoughts: Legal may give us a little more flexibility in the type of articel listed in this category. I'm just not sure if that is what we want.
-Do we want a price feed?
   My thoughts are yes, the only reason I can think of that we wouldn't is to prevent clutter.
   Which coins should we do?
   Bitcoin and DNotes only or expand?
   Mini-graph like coindesk?
   xx day average vs current price? Or can you think of a more meaningful expression?

General Todo:
-Have Alan update his profile.
-Privacy Policy
-About page
-Work on logo

Other ideas:
-Reward/award structure for authors and journalists to submit content (Chase is working on an idea)

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 04:28:24 PM

maybe can add a traders list, to buy p2p some cryptos , and some good quality exchanges

Mining tech

the scroll line with crypto prices, competece its healty i like to see DNotes, BTC, LTC, BTS, XMR, DSH

Wink

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:58:15 PM

DNotes Educational Guide 2.0.3 released!

Changes include:
-Graphics overhaul
-New how-to guide content
-Bug fixes

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu&hl=en

HTML5:
http://ff4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html
or
http://v4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html

Embed code for your website or blog:
Code:
<iframe width="450" height="800" scrolling="no" src="http://ff4dc.com/dnedu2/index.html"></iframe>

Great work cojack, I'm really impressed with what you've done for version 2. I'd like to thank Wiser for the excellent content she submitted to DNotes Educational Guide. Contributions like this will ensure that the next generation of Digital Currency users can be educated more efficiently than we were by the first cryptocurrencies. I'd also like to thank everyone who downloaded the app and left such positive reviews,  DNotes Educational Guide can't be a success without support of people like you.

Quote from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094490.msg11878328#msg11878328
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:02:07 PM

I came across a very interesting article this morning, while doing research on "why people want to hear what they already believe". This information may prove to be of tremendous value when trying to draw new people into the industry, and to DNotes in particular.

Why we only listen to what we want to hear
http://www.management-issues.com/news/5652/why-we-only-listen-to-what-we-want-to-hear/

People tend to avoid information that contradicts what they already think or believe.

At the same time there can be certain factors that can cause people to seek out, or at least consider, other points of view, it suggested.

The research found that people were in general twice as likely to select information that supported their own point of view as to consider an opposing idea, with two thirds going for supportive views as opposed to a third going the other way.

People were more likely to expose themselves to opposing ideas when they were useful to them in some way.

Getting your management message across is not impossible then but, if it is going against the tide, it's important to recognise it may need to be said more than once. "But it's good news that one out of three times, or close to that, they are willing to seek out the other side," added Albarracín.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:41:33 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 01:52:29 AM by Chase

Potential Upgrades:
-Advertising/banner section.
-Mobile App to receive new stories on your phone.
-Newsletter for new stories posted.

-Widget for important/sticky stories.
-Social media integration to make it easy to like/share.
-Section for submitting news or tips.
-A regulation map, showing current rules and regulations for each state.

Community Questions:
   My thoughts: Having a category specifically for bitcoin may add a sense of legitimacy to the site, as we have a category specifically for DNotes.

-Do we add a legal category or change regulation to Legal?
   My thoughts: Legal may give us a little more flexibility in the type of articel listed in this category. I'm just not sure if that is what we want.
-Do we want a price feed?  
   My thoughts are yes, the only reason I can think of that we wouldn't is to prevent clutter.
   Which coins should we do?
   Bitcoin and DNotes only or expand?
   Mini-graph like coindesk?
   xx day average vs current price? Or can you think of a more meaningful expression?

General Todo:
-Have Alan update his profile.
-Privacy Policy
-About page
-Work on logo

Other ideas:
-Reward/award structure for authors and journalists to submit content (Chase is working on an idea)

-Mobile App to receive new stories on your phone / Newsletter for new stories posted.  Is the Newsletter different from the new stories you would receive on your phone?  It all sounds good.

-Social media integration to make it easy to like/share.  - definitely!

-A regulation map, showing current rules and regulations for each state - That is a great idea.  I know it would be almost impossible to keep up with all the regulations around the world, but should the best and most industry positive regulations of any country (there is probably only a few that are noteworthy) be highlighted?

- I agree and there is also the fact that bitcoin is the only digital currency many have heard of.  They may have a wake up moment of "What??  I can buy more than bitcoin!!" (hint -  DNotes Wink)

-Do we add a legal category or change regulation to Legal? -  "Regulation" is the term on everyone's radar right now, so I wouldn't replace it.  Is there a difference in what would be categorized as regulation and what would fall under legal?

-Do we want a price feed?  The site is beautiful right now and you're right we don't want it cluttered, but I think everyone will expect some kind of price feed.  Otherwise they will have to check somewhere else for it.  I think it would give the site more credibility if there was 2 or 3 other coins besides DNotes and bitcoin.  Since DCEB's audience is executives, politicans, and possibly other regulatory bodies, I would suggest no anonymous coins.

Mini-graph like coindesk?  - I like this gragh, I'm just not sure about it being only 24 hours??  I guess for traders, 24 hours is the one to watch.

xx day average vs current price? Or can you think of a more meaningful expression?  -  Moving averages used in Forex are 5, 20, 50, 100 , and 200 days.  If we used for example, "100 day moving average price" (or just "100 day average price") vs current price it would show a little more than the daily volatility and it sounds familiar to most in the business world.

-Reward/award structure for authors and journalists to submit content

- You had mentioned a reward given for all submitted stories as long as they met the criteria.  I agree and perhaps a higher reward if it is published (or is that where the tips come in)?

- Giving out monthly awards for "story of the month" may be a bit too much, but one year is a long time to wait for recognition.  What if we had a Journalists or Press Page that included the following: submit news & tips section, rules, categories, etc.  If possible, it would be pretty cool to have a list of the stories that could be filtered / sorted by story, author, date, category, and likes or upvotes.  That could lead to top 10 lists of favorite stories, most articles published by a particular author, etc.  This page could also include the eventual "Hall of Fame" ( we have to find a new term!!).  

The Digital Currency Executive Award of Excellence in Journalism (or DCEB Award of Excellence in Journalism) could be limited a yearly award in each category (?) as well as one overall 'Story of the Year'.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:28:33 PM

I came across a very interesting article this morning, while doing research on "why people want to hear what they already believe". This information may prove to be of tremendous value when trying to draw new people into the industry, and to DNotes in particular.

Why we only listen to what we want to hear
http://www.management-issues.com/news/5652/why-we-only-listen-to-what-we-want-to-hear/

People tend to avoid information that contradicts what they already think or believe.

At the same time there can be certain factors that can cause people to seek out, or at least consider, other points of view, it suggested.

The research found that people were in general twice as likely to select information that supported their own point of view as to consider an opposing idea, with two thirds going for supportive views as opposed to a third going the other way.

People were more likely to expose themselves to opposing ideas when they were useful to them in some way.

Getting your management message across is not impossible then but, if it is going against the tide, it's important to recognise it may need to be said more than once. "But it's good news that one out of three times, or close to that, they are willing to seek out the other side," added Albarracín.

DNotes’ entire Bitcointalk forum can be condensed to be the greatest case study for MBA and Behavioral Science classes. I certainly hope that one day someone will do just that.

Most people are not skilled communicators or good listeners. They are also insensitive to the listener’s view point. A lot of people have the bad habit of falling into the trap of continuously talking without listening.

The article is correct in that it is easier to get people to listen to you in conversation they share the same view. Sharing that common view immediately creates common ground and common bond. That is hugely important if you want to make a sale.

In most cases, it is not that hard to find common ground. You can talk about many other subjects outside of what you are promoting. In the case of Bitcoin or digital currency, it is significantly more challenging because of many negative headlines that have already created false misconceptions.

The most effective ways that I found and used successfully is to ask questions and listen, in order to establish the listener’s point of view: “Have you heard of Bitcoin?  What do you think?”  Knowing where the other party is coming from is extremely important in effective communication.  
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:11:18 PM

Hey,Hey!

Just to say that i am still following you guys and i am glad that you are all well,
trying to catch you,still holding and never gonna sell my Dnotes.They are all in vault on my and my friends kids acounts Cheesy

Saw Silicon Dragon on youtube,Mr.Alan is my favorite guy from cryptoscene.Full respect!

TC

Best regards

Nele

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:40:38 PM

maybe can add a traders list, to buy p2p some cryptos , and some good quality exchanges

Mining tech

the scroll line with crypto prices, competece its healty i like to see DNotes, BTC, LTC, BTS, XMR, DSH

Wink

Thanks infovortice!

How does everyone feel about adding a mining category? Will it help draw in more traffic or will it negate from the primary objective?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:47:52 PM

DNotes Educational Guide 2.0.3 released!

Changes include:
-Graphics overhaul
-New how-to guide content
-Bug fixes

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu&hl=en

HTML5:
http://ff4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html
or
http://v4dc.com/dnotes-educational-guide.html

Embed code for your website or blog:
Code:
<iframe width="450" height="800" scrolling="no" src="http://ff4dc.com/dnedu2/index.html"></iframe>

Great work cojack, I'm really impressed with what you've done for version 2. I'd like to thank Wiser for the excellent content she submitted to DNotes Educational Guide. Contributions like this will ensure that the next generation of Digital Currency users can be educated more efficiently than we were by the first cryptocurrencies. I'd also like to thank everyone who downloaded the app and left such positive reviews,  DNotes Educational Guide can't be a success without support of people like you.

Quote from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094490.msg11878328#msg11878328

Looks great guys, love the design and new content updates. It is truly becoming an all in one tool to get started.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:52:06 PM

Hey,Hey!

Just to say that i am still following you guys and i am glad that you are all well,
trying to catch you,still holding and never gonna sell my Dnotes.They are all in vault on my and my friends kids acounts Cheesy

Saw Silicon Dragon on youtube,Mr.Alan is my favorite guy from cryptoscene.Full respect!

TC

Best regards

Nele

Thanks Nele, glad to see you again and good to hear you are still following the thread!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:05:16 PM

Hey,Hey!

TC

Best regards

Nele

Hey, Nele. I am delighted to hear from you. I am sure the rest of our community are too. Very smart to hang on to those DNotes. We are just getting started and have a long way to go. I was at a meeting last night with about 40 Bitcoin supporters from the Chicago area. I have met some of them once or twice before. It was very rewarding to me to sense an increasing level of respect and appreciation for what DNotes has been doing.

One young man had a laptop with him. He is not a DNotes supporter yet but have heard of us. He pulled the DNotes long term chart as I continued to explain that DNotes is more than just a digital currency. We have been developing our own ecosystem, including our large family of CRISPs. As he examined the chart, I heard him said, "Wow, that is amazing. It has always been trending up with higher highs and higher lows". Everyone else nodded in agreement. With due respect, I must add that some of these people are hardcore Bitcoin supporters who don't care to know much more beyond Bitcoin and Litecoin. The potential of the industry is huge. We believe in doing our part to make it a better industry for everyone. We like to objectively identify industry challenges and help provide provide viable solutions one at a time. That is how DNotes will become the trusted global digital currency for everyone.

Thanks for your support, Nele. We wish you and your family our very best regards.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:42:30 PM

Mining tech

Wink

Thanks infovortice!

How does everyone feel about adding a mining category? Will it help draw in more traffic or will it negate from the primary objective?

In my humble mining opinion, I don't think it will be of interest to most of the target audience and it will negate the objective of filtering out unnecessary information for them.  Just my 2 DNotes worth...   Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Hey,Hey!

TC

Best regards

Nele

Hey, Nele. I am delighted to hear from you. I am sure the rest of our community are too. Very smart to hang on to those DNotes. We are just getting started and have a long way to go. I was at a meeting last night with about 40 Bitcoin supporters from the Chicago area. I have met some of them once or twice before. It was very rewarding to me to sense an increasing level of respect and appreciation for what DNotes has been doing.

One young man had a laptop with him. He is not a DNotes supporter yet but have heard of us. He pulled the DNotes long term chart as I continued to explain that DNotes is more than just a digital currency. We have been developing our own ecosystem, including our large family of CRISPs. As he examined the chart, I heard him said, "Wow, that is amazing. It has always been trending up with higher highs and higher lows". Everyone else nodded in agreement. With due respect, I must add that some of these people are hardcore Bitcoin supporters who don't care to know much more beyond Bitcoin and Litecoin. The potential of the industry is huge. We believe in doing our part to make it a better industry for everyone. We like to objectively identify industry challenges and help provide provide viable solutions one at a time. That is how DNotes will become the trusted global digital currency for everyone.

Thanks for your support, Nele. We wish you and your family our very best regards.

Great work at the meetup.

The interesting thing about these 'hardcore' Bitcoin and LTC supporters, is that soon DNotes will give them no other option but to begin paying attention. By that time, they will be rather frustrated that they were in a room once upon a time with the founder, when they could have bought lots of DNotes for mere cents in the dollar. Oh well, there is a trajectory path and progress line that means different people will take notice at various points along. Many people operate as followers, preferring the safety of what the crowd is doing; a remarkably low-return means to operate. Still, even those who do not work in tandem, nor care about DNotes are doing great things in the industry, paving the way for DNotes to sail through its growth path that much easier.

DNotes is clearly branching out to be the 'recognized' leader in many different avenues that the team has identified as soon-to-be highly demanded. For example, within 1 year businesses will have possibly 10x the pressure to begin looking into blockchain and crypto solutions, at that point, DNotes and DCEBrief.com will be the market leader in crypto information, having set up long before the 'tipping point' demand for its services existed. This is exactly how people like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates became so successful, at the point when their skills were demanded, there were only about 4 people on the planet who could provide the demanded skill-set the computer industry craved. They learned their skill long before the industry demanded it. We know that in the not-too-distant future, demand for DCEBrief.com will be immense, and it can be set up as a market leader, that further works with the legitimate DNotes network which will compound traffic both ways when either one attracts new stakeholders. This is no different to CRISPS and Cryptomoms.com; the pilot is released long before the 'critical-mass' tipping point is reached.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:46:28 PM

Mining tech

Wink

Thanks infovortice!

The only requirement so far as I see it, is a good explanation of what mining is - so that business leaders can understand why their transactions are more secure, instant, and safe.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 01:10:32 AM

Hey,Hey!

TC

Best regards

Nele

Great work at the meetup.

The interesting thing about these 'hardcore' Bitcoin and LTC supporters, is that soon DNotes will give them no other option but to begin paying attention. By that time, they will be rather frustrated that they were in a room once upon a time with the founder, when they could have bought lots of DNotes for mere cents in the dollar. Oh well, there is a trajectory path and progress line that means different people will take notice at various points along. Many people operate as followers, preferring the safety of what the crowd is doing; a remarkably low-return means to operate. Still, even those who do not work in tandem, nor care about DNotes are doing great things in the industry, paving the way for DNotes to sail through its growth path that much easier.

DNotes is clearly branching out to be the 'recognized' leader in many different avenues that the team has identified as soon-to-be highly demanded. For example, within 1 year businesses will have possibly 10x the pressure to begin looking into blockchain and crypto solutions, at that point, DNotes and DCEBrief.com will be the market leader in crypto information, having set up long before the 'tipping point' demand for its services existed. This is exactly how people like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates became so successful, at the point when their skills were demanded, there were only about 4 people on the planet who could provide the demanded skill-set the computer industry craved. They learned their skill long before the industry demanded it. We know that in the not-too-distant future, demand for DCEBrief.com will be immense, and it can be set up as a market leader, that further works with the legitimate DNotes network which will compound traffic both ways when either one attracts new stakeholders. This is no different to CRISPS and Cryptomoms.com; the pilot is released long before the 'critical-mass' tipping point is reached.

Great post TeeGee, you have excellent insight. A year ago it may have been difficult to see where DNotes is headed and how far it will go, the answer today should be fairly evident.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:02:09 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 06:53:45 AM by IMZ

"Do we want a price feed?  The site is beautiful right now and you're right we don't want it cluttered, but I think everyone will expect some kind of price feed.  Otherwise they will have to check somewhere else for it.  I think it would give the site more credibility if there was 2 or 3 other coins besides DNotes and bitcoin.  Since DCEB's audience is executives, politicans, and possibly other regulatory bodies, I would suggest no anonymous coins."

Sigh. Agreed. And there's an interesting discussion due here: certainly a 2.0 crypto. Otherwise, dependent on reasonable past performance?

Larger market cap?

National coins? (Put up your hand if you knew that Sakura is a 'Japanese' coin.)

Unobtanium as a 'crypto-commodity'? (There's a good article about it here: https://coinwarp.net/altcoins/unobtanium-0-inflation-cryptocurrency )

EDIT:

BanxShares: at Nos. 10. Seriously ‘corporate’ coin. Great performance, though still rather new.
Yb Coin: Nos. 19. Chinese. Established. Good past performance.
Unobtanium: established, good performance, ‘crypto-commodity’
Nxt: Nos. 9. Quintessential techies’ coin. Poor performance but has ‘bottomed out’ recently. Hard hard slog for newbies.
Dogecoin: Nos. 5. Performance okay (just). Tremendous 'starters' coin: helpful community, family friendly.

Note: not Litecoin: major volume but a pump-n-dump trap.

Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: