Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:35:03 PM

Got Dnotes onto and off Cryptsy in under ten minutes. WTS.

Getting DNotes in and out of Cryptsy is quick and problem free when I tested it a couple of days ago. Sending Bitcoin out is still a problem. I am still waiting for two transactions sent 5 days ago.

From BigVern @cryptsy3h - "All wallets will be offline on Friday 12/18 for one hour due to equipment changes."

Looks like they may have identified the problem or at least, one of the problems. Good news!

Good. I hope that will solve the technical problems. Rebuilding customers' confidence will be a challenge.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:22:25 PM

Quote from: Chase on Today at 06:29:34 PM

Interesting article from the Washington Post on the career ambitions of the millennials.  In all fairness to them, no generation produces thousands of Mark Zuckerbergs.  All it takes is a handful of millennials to make the changes that will impact the world.

Why millennials may not produce many more Mark Zuckerbergs

Millennials have been heralded as the uniquely diverse, highly educated, politically independent social media marvels. But a new poll finds many of them would also just like a good job at an established business with some vacation time.

The survey conducted by the Harvard University's Institute of Politics in collaboration with the Washington Post also shows Americans ages 18 to 29 are less-than-impressed with technological wonders and business giants today, divided on the virtue of government regulations and just as worried about their digital data being swallowed by tech companies as the federal government...

Full Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/01/why-millennials-may-not-produce-many-more-mark-zuckerbergs/

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Thanks, Chase, very interesting article. One in three interested to start their own business is not bad. That is still a very large number. My advice is don't do it, if you are not passionate about. If you are, take your time and learn all about what it takes to be successful in business. Double check your "great idea" and learn everything about the business you want to be in. Can you be equal to or better than the competition? Don't be a me too. More than 50% of them failed within five years. There is a lot to learn. You are welcome to ask specific business related questions. I will be happy to help. That is what I am passionate about - helping new start-ups and struggling small business owners.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:36:39 PM

Press release looks fantastic, I like DCEBrief's layout much more than everywhere else!!

Dear community,

I am working on another video - this time a more marketing based video that will highlight what makes DNotes different compared to industry peers, and what our loose plans are. We could consider it an "Introduction to DNotes" - who we are, where we are going, and why we are doing what we do.

This video will be more scripted than the previous interview I have done, and I am aiming for a more polished final product to use as advertising. My question is: what would you guys think is important to mention when it comes to DNotes - that could be communicated in a four minute video. I have currently got notes that include the aspects outlined by DYNA that were used in Chase's introduction on crytomoms.com:

Cultural differences - respect / reward community / fosters positive atmosphere and growth

Trusted brand - Trust / don't announce projects until near completion (don't affect prices at exchanges) which means we can continue with agile development strategy / always follow through with announced plans / self funded - do not ask community for donations / do not partake in pump and dump / focus on executing current and future strategies and developing technologies at perfect time etc...

Long-term committment - Focus to attract long-term stakeholders / target mainstream population rather than just current crypto industry / focus on participation of under-represented demographics by helping provide education and exposure to them - i.e. Women, developing nations or the unbanked (in future) etc...

Projects that facilitate this long-term commitment - CRISP plans for retirement / students / trust funds / employees / charity, DNotesVault for security and ease of use, DCEBrief to educate the mainstream and decision makers by providing objective news that is helpful because the mainstream media remains naive on the technology.

Requirements for success? - stability, unit of account, medium of exchange - to achieve require outreach (DCEBrief) long term plan... etc

Our future plan - To be a digital currency that is accepted as a viable medium of exchange / to make payments completely peer to peer between market participants and making payments cheaper in the process, to make DNotes the digital currency of global commerce (mass acceptance), no central control or middlemen, executing plan to make this happen, roadmap includes a for profit company in 2016 that will be partly owned by the DNotes currency eco-system.

It is in no particular order, and I won't necessarily use it all. Feel free to add more to this list, or to give advice on tone of the conversation / video - i.e. don't compare / contrast too much with current industry:

that is, don't call the industry often juvenile and rude, then compare that to our more cultured approach, but just focus on how we're more polite and how that facilitates a more friendly and patient atmosphere for new industry participants to learn in...etc.

Thanks, keeping busy.

We expanded our news distribution and hundreds more news outlets have published the announcement of our new company and the book launch in the first half of 2016.

DNotes is very systematic, yet patience, in everything we do, but may not always be easy for everyone to understand. Building a trusted brand and good name recognition is a long and expensive process. We are one of the most PR astute players in our industry, with a significant amount of resources invested in PR campaigns. Yet, I doubt if more than 50% of the people in our industry have even heard of DNotes or CryptoMoms. Consequently, our PR efforts must continue alone those lines. Don’t expect people to support DNotes if they have not even heard of it; definitely wishful thinking that they would accept DNotes as a medium of exchange; not until they know DNotes well.

Everything that we have been doing, and continue to do is towards building DNotes as the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It will take a combination of many strategic plans/projects executed over a number of years. Your consideration if DNotes is a worthy long term investment should place high emphasis on the strategic path we have laid out and what we have delivered based on what we promised. I do sense that short term investors have the tendency to ask “Are we there yet?”  No, we have a long way to go.

We are reaching out even more aggressively beyond our industry in 2016. It will be an exciting year. We believe that many more will begin to understand and appreciate why we have taken a very different path. I trust that Tim (TeeGee) will represent us well in articulating “The DNotes Difference” in the new video he is working. We are very appreciated of his dedicated efforts and hard work. Thank you very much. Tim.

I'm really looking forward to the book and TeeGee's new video. Small Business is such a hot topic now, do you think the video should address (in a few seconds Wink) something along the lines of how small business could benefit from investing in DNotes now while the infrastructure is being built? Just a thought.

"I do sense that short term investors have the tendency to ask “Are we there yet?”  No, we have a long way to go."    Sounds like a road trip (from years gone by) with the kids asking "are we there yet?" - usually starting not long after leaving the driveway. Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:40:51 PM

Excellent article Evander!

"Meanwhile, companies like Coinbase are having no problems with their business plan, as they have had their best year ever, building a domestic exchange, while holding millions of Bitcoin wallets. Maybe bitcoin isn’t the problem here?" This is quoteworthy!!

Another from him I really like, used to be in my tag line:

"The establishment is fighting a tech battle against Bitcoin using technology that’s only sixty years old. It seems to be going about as well as can be expected..." - Evander Smart

I really like that one too.  I remember it being in your signature, but I didn't realize Evander had said it. Impressive!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:33:55 PM

Press release looks fantastic, I like DCEBrief's layout much more than everywhere else!!

Dear community,

I am working on another video - this time a more marketing based video that will highlight what makes DNotes different compared to industry peers, and what our loose plans are. We could consider it an "Introduction to DNotes" - who we are, where we are going, and why we are doing what we do.

This video will be more scripted than the previous interview I have done, and I am aiming for a more polished final product to use as advertising. My question is: what would you guys think is important to mention when it comes to DNotes - that could be communicated in a four minute video. I have currently got notes that include the aspects outlined by DYNA that were used in Chase's introduction on crytomoms.com:

Cultural differences - respect / reward community / fosters positive atmosphere and growth

Trusted brand - Trust / don't announce projects until near completion (don't affect prices at exchanges) which means we can continue with agile development strategy / always follow through with announced plans / self funded - do not ask community for donations / do not partake in pump and dump / focus on executing current and future strategies and developing technologies at perfect time etc...

Long-term committment - Focus to attract long-term stakeholders / target mainstream population rather than just current crypto industry / focus on participation of under-represented demographics by helping provide education and exposure to them - i.e. Women, developing nations or the unbanked (in future) etc...

Projects that facilitate this long-term commitment - CRISP plans for retirement / students / trust funds / employees / charity, DNotesVault for security and ease of use, DCEBrief to educate the mainstream and decision makers by providing objective news that is helpful because the mainstream media remains naive on the technology.

Requirements for success? - stability, unit of account, medium of exchange - to achieve require outreach (DCEBrief) long term plan... etc

Our future plan - To be a digital currency that is accepted as a viable medium of exchange / to make payments completely peer to peer between market participants and making payments cheaper in the process, to make DNotes the digital currency of global commerce (mass acceptance), no central control or middlemen, executing plan to make this happen, roadmap includes a for profit company in 2016 that will be partly owned by the DNotes currency eco-system.

It is in no particular order, and I won't necessarily use it all. Feel free to add more to this list, or to give advice on tone of the conversation / video - i.e. don't compare / contrast too much with current industry:

that is, don't call the industry often juvenile and rude, then compare that to our more cultured approach, but just focus on how we're more polite and how that facilitates a more friendly and patient atmosphere for new industry participants to learn in...etc.

Thanks, keeping busy.

We expanded our news distribution and hundreds more news outlets have published the announcement of our new company and the book launch in the first half of 2016.

DNotes is very systematic, yet patience, in everything we do, but may not always be easy for everyone to understand. Building a trusted brand and good name recognition is a long and expensive process. We are one of the most PR astute players in our industry, with a significant amount of resources invested in PR campaigns. Yet, I doubt if more than 50% of the people in our industry have even heard of DNotes or CryptoMoms. Consequently, our PR efforts must continue alone those lines. Don’t expect people to support DNotes if they have not even heard of it; definitely wishful thinking that they would accept DNotes as a medium of exchange; not until they know DNotes well.

Everything that we have been doing, and continue to do is towards building DNotes as the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It will take a combination of many strategic plans/projects executed over a number of years. Your consideration if DNotes is a worthy long term investment should place high emphasis on the strategic path we have laid out and what we have delivered based on what we promised. I do sense that short term investors have the tendency to ask “Are we there yet?”  No, we have a long way to go.

We are reaching out even more aggressively beyond our industry in 2016. It will be an exciting year. We believe that many more will begin to understand and appreciate why we have taken a very different path. I trust that Tim (TeeGee) will represent us well in articulating “The DNotes Difference” in the new video he is working. We are very appreciated of his dedicated efforts and hard work. Thank you very much. Tim.

I'm really looking forward to the book and TeeGee's new video. Small Business is such a hot topic now, do you think the video should address (in a few seconds Wink) something along the lines of how small business could benefit from investing in DNotes now while the infrastructure is being built? Just a thought.

"I do sense that short term investors have the tendency to ask “Are we there yet?”  No, we have a long way to go."    Sounds like a road trip (from years gone by) with the kids asking "are we there yet?" - usually starting not long after leaving the driveway. Grin

"I'm really looking forward to the book and TeeGee's new video. Small Business is such a hot topic now, do you think the video should address (in a few seconds Wink) something along the lines of how small business could benefit from investing in DNotes now while the infrastructure is being built? Just a thought."

That is an excellent idea, Chase. I definitely like TeeGee to include it.

It is never easy to be a small business owners. Unfortunately, in recent years, due to mounting regulations, increasing tax burden, and out of control economic environment, many small business owners' struggles are reaching a breaking point. Many employees have not seen a pay increase for years and the business owners own retirements are frequently skipped and remained under funded. New business formations are down while business closures have spiked. DNotes is committed to provide some relieve in three ways: CRISP For Retirement, CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefit, and a book full of good business advice. Ultimately, business owners can shift to a new form of payments with significant savings, instead accepting of debit and credit cards.

Just a quick brief for TeeGee to develop his talking points. Edits and additional ideas are welcome. That is what TeeGee is looking for. Thanks.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:14:05 PM

Thank you very much everybody for responses - feel free to keep them coming.

I have just over 24 hours to get all the main points written down (at least) and hopefully rough script ironed out so that the video guys can plan shooting locations and shots based on the scripts content - but I have long shifts every day this week because it's Xmas season and that means busy!! Luckily Saturday is my last day (forever), and I can film any sunny day beyond that.

Correct language is important in marketing, so I will have a few days beyond this to made edits to the script.

** The Fed raised rates... patiently waits to see effect**

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 12:05:31 AM

I have just over 24 hours to get all the main points written down (at least) and hopefully rough script ironed out so that the video guys can plan shooting locations and shots based on the scripts content - but I have long shifts every day this week because it's Xmas season and that means busy!! Luckily Saturday is my last day (forever), and I can film any sunny day beyond that.

Correct language is important in marketing, so I will have a few days beyond this to made edits to the script.

I am not as concerned about this first round of .25% increase in Fed fund rate, though my home home equity loan and credit card bills will go up. However, if the trend of increasing rates continues it could get nasty both here in the US and abroad. As one of my favorite economists said it best, "The path ahead remains tricky for the global economy." Mohamed El-Erian
Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz; Chair of President's Global Development Council.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 12:42:49 AM

Let me know if you want me to take a look at any of the scripts. Always happy to make suggestions, though I'm not as familiar with "marketing language."
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 01:49:33 AM

Let me know if you want me to take a look at any of the scripts. Always happy to make suggestions, though I'm not as familiar with "marketing language."

Hey Wiser, appreciate your support for the videos, are you interested in writing a couple articles for DCEBrief? Everyone loved your write ups on CryptoMoms.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 01:50:22 PM

I am not as concerned about this first round of .25% increase in Fed fund rate, though my home home equity loan and credit card bills will go up. However, if the trend of increasing rates continues it could get nasty both here in the US and abroad. As one of my favorite economists said it best, "The path ahead remains tricky for the global economy." Mohamed El-Erian
Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz; Chair of President's Global Development Council.

I think it will have very little impact across the board. Banks are so flush with cash right now from years of the super low discount rate that it will be a while before they start borrowing at the new rate. Only opportunists like credit card companies will raise rates and even then, most likely, only for new customers. And this is the problem, raising your interest rate even though you don't borrow from the Fed just because you can. That's the kind of "lending" that will see increases.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:02:11 PM

I just came across an excellent article published in CoinTelegraph a few months ago. It almost sounded like that Simon Dixon has DNotes in mind when he said the followings:

“to get people to use your innovation you need great branding, communication, and a clear value proposition that makes some early adopters want to change their behavior. To change human behavior, you need to solve a major problem for them or be significantly cheaper, faster, and more convenient than the way they used to do things”. Simon Dixon, CEO BnkToTheFuture and Fund Manager Bitcoin Capital.

As I have mentioned on this forum many times, creating another altcoin or digital token is very cheap and easy. It can be done over a weekend at less than the cost of a typical family weekend vacation. Hence, we are still seeing new names popping up, sometime even over taking us at CoinMarket Cap.

Developing a long term strategic vision to give the digital currency a purpose for its existence and executing those plans while building a great brand is a different bred. Coupled with the need for an attitude and behavior change that is favorable towards your brand is a long process requiring unrelenting dedication and hard work over an extended period of time. That is the path DNotes has chosen. It is a worthy mission.

A Bridge Between Bitcoin and Traditional Finances: Is It Possible?

Delta Business Management can’t manage to attract Bitcoin Investments to their recent parking project at Gatwick airport. Lee Welham, one of the founders of the company, told CoinTelegraph that they have no clients who have purchased using Bitcoins. It seems like Bitcoiners haven’t completely got to understand the company’s idea. That’s why they are being cautious about it. Nevertheless, such projects can be very useful as they might help to fill the gap between BitcoinCT r:  10 sector and traditional finances.

Delta Business Management is a young company passionate about new technologies and their potential for the future. That’s why they are going on with their parking project despite the obvious lack of attention. Besides, the company plans to launch several other projects in 2016. They will be connected not only with property, but also with other spheres.

Lee Welham said the idea to develop Blockchain-based projects came up to him “when he first read the Mastercoin white paper now known as Omni Layer”.

“The existing parking model means the property title deeds are held within the UK land registry and I thought that we could make the assetsmore interchangeable, easier to transfer, and possibly exit.
At present our assets are purchased by people all over the world and the returns are transferred into local fiat. We feel Bitcoin could offer a more cost effective and streamlined model”.

Too bad Bitcoin’s community seems to not pay attention to the company’s initiative. Welham told their project is going “a little slower than they would like, but they are taking a cautious approach in a fast ever-changing environment. They have no clients who have purchased using Bitcoins so far, but they are hoping that will change soon enough”.

A Lack of Understanding

Perhaps, the reason Delta isn’t able to attract Bitcoin investments lies in the fact that they didn’t highlight their proposal clearly enough. Bitcoin community stays cautious to them because they don’t really understand what the company offers. Simon Dixon, CEO BnkToTheFuture and Fund Manager Bitcoin Capital stated to CoinTelegraphCT r:  28:

“This is a very clever idea, but the problem is that I am not sure if I have understood their proposition correctly, and this is the number one reason why we often ask businesses that apply to list on our online investment platform BnkToTheFuture.com to come back later—because their offering is not yet easily understood”.

He also added that “to get people to use your innovation you need great branding, communication, and a clear value proposition that makes some early adopters want to change their behavior. To change human behavior, you need to solve a major problem for them or be significantly cheaper, faster, and more convenient than the way they used to do things”.

The Problem Is Not in the Technology

It seems the problem isn’t in the technology itself or the project itself. The company just needs to highlight their offer more clearly so the investors could clearly see what they would get out of it. Besides, Ragnar Lifthrasir, the President of International Bitcoin Real Estate Association states that it’s “quite difficult to build the bridge between the Bitcoin Industry and traditional finances”. He told CoinTelegraph:

“That’s been a challenge, trying to connect traditional businesses with Bitcoin technology. They don’t always go well together. The main problem isn’t Bitcoin; the problem is the traditional businesses. To unite the two sectors, companies should figure out whether they just start over the pure Bitcoin technology-based service or whether they try and take some existing service and integrate with Bitcoin”.

Besides, having got to know more about the Delta’s project, Lifthrasir added:
“I don’t think it is necessary to have an additional token. There are other companies that are doing notary and time stamping stuff, and I think if you want to create an extra token for it, you’re doing it wrong”.

Furthermore he stated that “Bitcoin enthusiasts are so fascinated by the technology that they just create their Applications and products without having researched the market properly”.
He advises not to develop a product and hope people will use it—but first find people who will use it. Then try to explain it to them and then—if a company gets good feedback—develop it.

We hope that you liked this article. We recommend you get acquainted with our ratings of the top blockchain companies and cryptocurrencies.
Source:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115888/a-bridge-between-bitcoin-and-traditional-finances-is-it-possible
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 04:15:19 PM

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-price-soars-after-next-level-chinese-capital-controls/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 04:42:33 PM

Haven't seen this source before. Looks like quite a few new sources have picked up our press release.

http://investor.wallstreetselect.com/wss/news/read?GUID=31201467

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

Hey Wiser, appreciate your support for the videos, are you interested in writing a couple articles for DCEBrief? Everyone loved your write ups on CryptoMoms.

Actually, I am, and have two in mind, but I just haven't written them yet. I also want to get back on CryptoMoms. I just had the craziest last few months. I keep thinking things will slow down... hopefully in time for Christmas LOL.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 06:36:04 PM

Actually, I am, and have two in mind, but I just haven't written them yet. I also want to get back on CryptoMoms. I just had the craziest last few months. I keep thinking things will slow down... hopefully in time for Christmas LOL.

Excellent! Yep, I know how it is, lol.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:43:35 AM

Looking forward to your articles! Glad to see ya back in DNotesLand.

Smokey
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:01:06 AM

Good press release team, very clear and focused. Looking forward to the book and the site, always on the lookout for good business and self help information so I'm sure I will enjoy it and it's contribution to DNotes. It's nice to see how dedicated the DNotes team is, to take something profitable and use it to grow DNotes, especially in crypto world where the majority is just looking to line their own pockets.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 02:28:19 AM

Good press release team, very clear and focused. Looking forward to the book and the site, always on the lookout for good business and self help information so I'm sure I will enjoy it and it's contribution to DNotes. It's nice to see how dedicated the DNotes team is, to take something profitable and use it to grow DNotes, especially in crypto world where the majority is just looking to line their own pockets.

Thanks Berman for the kind comments! In order for us to push forward and make this vision for DNotes happen, it will have to be sustainable.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:48:49 AM

Thanks Berman for the kind comments! In order for us to push forward and make this vision for DNotes happen, it will have to be sustainable.

Forgive me: until this morning, I'd never had a good look at the DCE Brief. Came across it on Reddit Dogecoin Cryptocurrencies*. Very impressed! Just the quality of material that every crypto community should be (but is not) producing.

*Great 'all-rounder' news site.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:58:33 PM

Forgive me: until this morning, I'd never had a good look at the DCE Brief. Came across it on Reddit Dogecoin Cryptocurrencies*. Very impressed! Just the quality of material that every crypto community should be (but is not) producing.

*Great 'all-rounder' news site.

Thanks, Mark. DCEBrief is only getting started. Our team has been working very hard and done very well. They deserves much credit for a job well done. I hope to be a able to contribute more in a couple of months. Thanks to everyone for your hard work and support.

Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: