Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 05:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814514 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:28:44 PM

Score 1 point for bitcoin.   Grin

"TAKE THAT, MASTERCARD! CANADIANS CAN PAY MASTERCARD AND VISA CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH BITCOINS"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/take-mastercard-canadians-can-pay-mastercard-visa-credit-card-bills-bitcoins/

A Bitcoin Credit Card is certainly not far off....  MasterCard/Visa/BitCard  (NoteCard?)  Smiley

That is one of our building blocks. It starts with a stable trusted currency with reliable long term appreciation coupled with safe and secure store of value, backed by a very large generation of stakeholders worldwide. Build it, then deploy it. A multi currency card with fiat and DNotes is the plan. Everythig must meet regulatory approval worldwide and will take some time to iron out. A partner bank offering a whole arry of financial services and market makers for DNotes will make our dreams (vision) come true. There are many good reasons why we are building a digital currency from ground up. We may be the only group in our industry who feel so strongly about it. 

Without a doubt, the right answer!  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:41:45 PM

Just in case you haven't heard about this:

From Cryptoarticles http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/bitcointalk-user-spreading-malicious-clients-opal-considering-blockchain-rollback

"We have received a report that concerns anybody who frequently visits the BitcoinTalk forums, and has updated one of their coin clients as of late. A user by the name of “diabanhxeo” has been spreading hacked cryptocurrency clients for various coins, containing a backdoor in order to steal wallet.dat files.
OPAL.png
The report was brought to our attention by the Opalcoin team, as they had noticed there was a hacked/misbehaving client on the network. It turns out one of the Bitcointalk forum users has been spreading an infected client; not just for OPAL, but also for different altcoins which have seen wallet updates as of late.

These hacked clients contain a backdoor, giving that user access to any computer where these malicious clients are installed. As a result, he/she will then breach your computer and attempt to steal any of your wallet.dat files. The wallet.dat file contains your coin balance and transaction history, so your coins could be gone before you know it.

Fake downloads are rather easy to spot though, as the download links are usually embedded in a reply, and not posted by the official coin developers or team members. It also appears this user targeting Windows users specifically, and uses RAR files to package the malicious client, whereas coin developers usually use ZIP files."

Edited for brevity...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:32:57 PM

Just in case you haven't heard about this:

From Cryptoarticles http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/bitcointalk-user-spreading-malicious-clients-opal-considering-blockchain-rollback

"We have received a report that concerns anybody who frequently visits the BitcoinTalk forums, and has updated one of their coin clients as of late. A user by the name of “diabanhxeo” has been spreading hacked cryptocurrency clients for various coins, containing a backdoor in order to steal wallet.dat files.
OPAL.png
The report was brought to our attention by the Opalcoin team, as they had noticed there was a hacked/misbehaving client on the network. It turns out one of the Bitcointalk forum users has been spreading an infected client; not just for OPAL, but also for different altcoins which have seen wallet updates as of late.

These hacked clients contain a backdoor, giving that user access to any computer where these malicious clients are installed. As a result, he/she will then breach your computer and attempt to steal any of your wallet.dat files. The wallet.dat file contains your coin balance and transaction history, so your coins could be gone before you know it.

Fake downloads are rather easy to spot though, as the download links are usually embedded in a reply, and not posted by the official coin developers or team members. It also appears this user targeting Windows users specifically, and uses RAR files to package the malicious client, whereas coin developers usually use ZIP files."

Edited for brevity...

Thanks for that RJF. We can never be to careful and it is a good warning for DNotes users not to download files from other users unless you are positive it is safe.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:58:46 PM

It sure has been a productive week at DNotes, with the launch of the vault and the numerous press releases. The future looks extremely promising, and with wider community support we will accomplish great things.

Fire Fighters for Digital Currency and Veterans for Digital Currency have both added a DNotes page to help raise public awareness. Check it out at http://www.ff4dc.com/dnotes.html and http://v4dc.com/dnotes.html

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated, and will be taken into consideration.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:16:46 AM

It sure has been a productive week at DNotes, with the launch of the vault and the numerous press releases. The future looks extremely promising, and with wider community support we will accomplish great things.

Fire Fighters for Digital Currency and Veterans for Digital Currency have both added a DNotes page to help raise public awareness. Check it out at http://www.ff4dc.com/dnotes.html and http://v4dc.com/dnotes.html

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated, and will be taken into consideration.
Looks great! A personal thanks from me, being a former FireFighter myself, and coming from a family of firefighers, including dad, all my brothers, and even a sister, who was an EMT.

Thanks again for looking out for the Nation's Fire Fighters!!

Smokey
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:51:35 AM

Looks great! A personal thanks from me, being a former FireFighter myself, and coming from a family of firefighers, including dad, all my brothers, and even a sister, who was an EMT.

Thanks again for looking out for the Nation's Fire Fighters!!

Smokey

Thank you, that means a lot! I was a FireFighter as well, and have a couple relatives that are. So this is something that's very important to me too.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:51:54 AM

We appreciate your vote of confidence and will do our part to be of help. Let us know any time if we can do more. It is hard to fully appreciate the value of our first responders until one personally experienced it. Fire Fighters responded in 7 minutes after I made a 911 call a few weeks ago when a family member fainted and went into Seizures. Everything is fine now. But that was quite an experienced to be remembered. I can never say enough as to how thankful I am to all our Veterans as the defenders  of our freedom. At the appropriate time, we can setup a CR.I.S.P. for Charities using DNotesVault with a landing page for each program.

Keep up with the good work.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:00:08 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 01:38:01 AM by CryptoBroker79

We appreciate your vote of confidence and will do our part to be of help. Let us know any time if we can do more. It is hard to fully appreciate the value of our first responders until one personally experienced it. Fire Fighters responded in 7 minutes after I made a 911 call a few weeks ago when a family member fainted and went into Seizures. Everything is fine now. But that was quite an experienced to be remembered. I can never say enough as to how thankful I am to all our Veterans as the defenders our freedom. At the appropriate time, we can setup a CR.I.S.P. for Charities using DNotesVault with a landing page for each program.

Keep up with the good work.

I'm glad to hear everything is fine now, it's amazing how some people can take emergency services for granted.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

Looks great CryptoBroker79! I'll add these links to our resources section.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:20:40 AM

From CryptoMoms Forum

CR.I.S.P. For Kids

Quote from: grandmama on December 16, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

This is a fantastic thing for any child's future! I cannot wait to see how this explodes in the near future for anyone's child or grandchild or even the neighbor kid who you fell in love with.  Thanks to those who created this program and fund to give kids a great kick start in life.

Quote from Shepherd:

We certainly believe so and appreciate your support very much. I know a few people had helped me in my life to get me to where I am today. I wished that they had left me a few written words somewhere to treasure.  CR.I.S.P. for Kids could mean a lot to those we love long after we are gone. That is a legacy by itself. Perhaps, one day, we can let interested families to setup a private landing page on CryptoMoms where they can meet up and chat. Birthdays will no longer be forgotten. Last minutes gifts with DNotes will save the day and family legacy will be built upon and treasured for generations.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

From CryptoMoms Forum

CR.I.S.P. For Kids

Quote from: grandmama on December 16, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

This is a fantastic thing for any child's future! I cannot wait to see how this explodes in the near future for anyone's child or grandchild or even the neighbor kid who you fell in love with.  Thanks to those who created this program and fund to give kids a great kick start in life.

Quote from Shepherd:

We certainly believe so and appreciate your support very much. I know a few people had helped me in my life to get me to where I am today. I wished that they had left me a few written words somewhere to treasure.  CR.I.S.P. for Kids could mean a lot to those we love long after we are gone. That is a legacy by itself. Perhaps, one day, we can let interested families to setup a private landing page on CryptoMoms where they can meet up and chat. Birthdays will no longer be forgotten. Last minutes gifts with DNotes will save the day and family legacy will be built upon and treasured for generations.
We have all had those folks that have helped us get to where we are. For me, it was grandpas, grandmas, and aunts and uncles. Huge, close-knit family, still is. Since I know I will never be half the man my grandpa(s) was, I will make it up with DNotes for the grandkids!!!
I had 2 grandmas, 2 grandpas, 2 great grandmas and 2 great grandpas when I was born. None of them left me any DNotes!!!
Here's to you, Grandpa D.!!!!

Smokey
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:22:24 AM

This is a Re-Post of TeeGee's post in case some of you missed it. I could not have sumed it up better.

Today at 12:29:46 PM
Quote From TeeGee

This launch has been nothing short of excellent. It is great to see the developing team first declaring, then achieving exactly what they stated they would do. First the development team was successful in building the most stable digital currency to date in a climate of wild west volatility. Second, they welcomed everybody to the community individually as they popped up in the forums, third they created and funded Cryptomoms, a website to further the goal of digital currency awareness and adoption, and now they have released the first, 100% safe online wallet to store your precious digital currency, that has a timed send function that will keep it relevant far into the future. The best part is, is that this strategy of flying under the radar, and building the blocks that would get Dnotes from where it was, to where it is now, and to where it will continue to go, was EXACTLY what the development team has repeatedly told the community it was going to do.

One of the biggest things in business is trust. Trust is probably the rarest thing in the digital currency realm. It would be my guess that Dnotes will remain undervalued for the near future, while everybody continues to flame and fawn over other various "innovative" features like "anonymous sending" and staking wallets, all the while forgetting about more important things like trust, safety, marketing, and the functions of money. These more useful functions are what the development team of Dnotes focus on, all the other mod cons can be adopted in open source later if need be.

Well done devs, I think these values need to be plastered all over the website or something! These business values are a breath of fresh air to me.

This is a great post - thank you TeeGee.  I'm not usually at a loss for words, but I have nothing to add to it!  Grin

I can't believe how many kids have been signed up for the CR.I.S.P. already.  https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php

CR.I.S.P. press release found at:   http://bitcoinschannel.com/dnotes-cryptocurrency-savings-plans-for-children-first-of-many-unprecedented-digital-currency-savings-instruments-sponsored-by-dnotesvault/          

I got CR.I.S.P. for Kids accounts for my grandkids and some other kids that I wanted to have a bright future... thanks for CR.I.S.P. for Kids!   This is a terrific program!!!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:40:57 AM

I was very excited to finally transfer my Dnotes over to the new wallet. Like with other coins, downloading the whole blockchain can be confusing and time costly for those who are not yet 'convinced' of the merits crypto provides and provides an additional challenge to those who are technologically literate. Some people operate wallets on old machines, and in developing nations many crypto holders will be trying to run wallets for their various coins with gigantic blockchains on their small hard drives, lacking the necessary physical funds to purchase a larger one. Placing currency in the Vault was seamless and I'm glad no technophobes or neophobes (fear of new things) will have to worry about downloading a blockchain or losing their currency because of "security" concerns again!

Now I just have to set up my father's account. Smiley

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:59:48 AM

This is a Re-Post of TeeGee's post in case some of you missed it. I could not have sumed it up better.

Quote From TeeGee

This launch has been nothing short of excellent. It is great to see the developing team first declaring, then achieving exactly what they stated they would do. First the development team was successful in building the most stable digital currency to date in a climate of wild west volatility. Second, they welcomed everybody to the community individually as they popped up in the forums, third they created and funded Cryptomoms, a website to further the goal of digital currency awareness and adoption, and now they have released the first, 100% safe online wallet to store your precious digital currency, that has a timed send function that will keep it relevant far into the future. The best part is, is that this strategy of flying under the radar, and building the blocks that would get Dnotes from where it was, to where it is now, and to where it will continue to go, was EXACTLY what the development team has repeatedly told the community it was going to do.

One of the biggest things in business is trust. Trust is probably the rarest thing in the digital currency realm. It would be my guess that Dnotes will remain undervalued for the near future, while everybody continues to flame and fawn over other various "innovative" features like "anonymous sending" and staking wallets, all the while forgetting about more important things like trust, safety, marketing, and the functions of money. These more useful functions are what the development team of Dnotes focus on, all the other mod cons can be adopted in open source later if need be.

Well done devs, I think these values need to be plastered all over the website or something! These business values are a breath of fresh air to me.

This is a great post - thank you TeeGee.  I'm not usually at a loss for words, but I have nothing to add to it!  Grin

I can't believe how many kids have been signed up for the CR.I.S.P. already.  https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php

CR.I.S.P. press release found at:   http://bitcoinschannel.com/dnotes-cryptocurrency-savings-plans-for-children-first-of-many-unprecedented-digital-currency-savings-instruments-sponsored-by-dnotesvault/          

I got CR.I.S.P. for Kids accounts for my grandkids and some other kids that I wanted to have a bright future... thanks for CR.I.S.P. for Kids!   This is a terrific program!!!

A post from grandmama on the CR.I.S.P. convinces me that we are on the right road to mass adoption.  Thank you grandmama.   Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Quote From TeeGee

I got CR.I.S.P. for Kids accounts for my grandkids and some other kids that I wanted to have a bright future... thanks for CR.I.S.P. for Kids!   This is a terrific program!!!

A post from grandmama on the CR.I.S.P. convinces me that we are on the right road to mass adoption.  Thank you grandmama.   Smiley

Thank you for stopping by our forum grandmama! Glad to see people are finding it helpful.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:50:13 PM

I was very excited to finally transfer my Dnotes over to the new wallet. Like with other coins, downloading the whole blockchain can be confusing and time costly for those who are not yet 'convinced' of the merits crypto provides and provides an additional challenge to those who are technologically literate. Some people operate wallets on old machines, and in developing nations many crypto holders will be trying to run wallets for their various coins with gigantic blockchains on their small hard drives, lacking the necessary physical funds to purchase a larger one. Placing currency in the Vault was seamless and I'm glad no technophobes or neophobes (fear of new things) will have to worry about downloading a blockchain or losing their currency because of "security" concerns again!

Now I just have to set up my father's account. Smiley

TeeGee, those are all significant concerns to reaching mass adoption. The DNotesVault will continue to grow and become an even more feature rich tool to make DNotes easily accessible and usable for everyone.

Thanks!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:54:16 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from: Ashley on Today at 01:45:43 PM

More news out of Australia:

"Bitcoin not a financial product: ASIC" - http://news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-not-financial-product-asic

Quote from Shepherd:

Very interesting article. At this point, the best conclusion I can arrive at is that legal classification of digital currency is, at best, "unsettled" which is likely to be the case for some time. DNotesVault is just a secure web wallet. We do not sell or exchange DNotes. Favorable regulatory environment with clear regulatory guidelines will be important when we are ready to deploy one of our future building blocks; an active exchange.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 05:19:47 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

"Bitcoin not a financial product: ASIC" - http://news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-not-financial-product-asic

Quote from Shepherd:

Very interesting article. At this point, the best conclusion I can arrive at is that legal classification of digital currency is, at best, "unsettled" which is likely to be the case for some time. DNotesVault is just a secure web wallet. We do not sell or exchange DNotes. Favorable regulatory environment with clear regulatory guidelines will be important when we are ready to deploy one of our future building blocks; an active exchange.

"financial product" is a very broad category that includes funds, trusts, fiat and other instruments revolving around fiat. I don't see a problem with this determination right now in fact, it will help crypto to continue to grow without strangulating regulation. I do think we, as the crypto community, better decide very soon just what our product is before the wrong definition sticks. In that light, I believe a new category is certainly needed that encompasses all the functionality of crypto but without the old world regulations. I'm not saying we should be unregulated but, I am saying we should be involved in crafting our regulations along with lawmakers to match the real world uses of our currency/commodity/digitalcash, etc.

One the most important pieces of legislation now pending here in the US is the 5 year moratorium on Bitcoin regulation, HR5777 which can be read here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/249166455/HR-5777-The-Cryptocurrency-Protocol-Protection-and-Moratorium-Act You might want to push your congressman to vote for this as it will allow digital currency to continue to grow and find a place for itself before being regulated to death...

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:34:49 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from Shepherd:

"financial product" is a very broad category that includes funds, trusts, fiat and other instruments revolving around fiat. I don't see a problem with this determination right now in fact, it will help crypto to continue to grow without strangulating regulation. I do think we, as the crypto community, better decide very soon just what our product is before the wrong definition sticks. In that light, I believe a new category is certainly needed that encompasses all the functionality of crypto but without the old world regulations. I'm not saying we should be unregulated but, I am saying we should be involved in crafting our regulations along with lawmakers to match the real world uses of our currency/commodity/digitalcash, etc.

One the most important pieces of legislation now pending here in the US is the 5 year moratorium on Bitcoin regulation, HR5777 which can be read here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/249166455/HR-5777-The-Cryptocurrency-Protocol-Protection-and-Moratorium-Act You might want to push your congressman to vote for this as it will allow digital currency to continue to grow and find a place for itself before being regulated to death...

The proposed five-year moratorium on digital currency regulation within the US as proposed under HR 5777 submitted to Congress by US Representative Steve Stockman is a good move, though it does not seem to have much of a chance being passed into law. Some consumer protection regulations will gain enough support sooner or later. In the meantime, uncertainties are not good for the industry either.

We will continue in executing our strategic plans based on the assumption that there will be different degree of regulations worldwide and position DNotes in the most favorable position in getting regulatory approval when needed.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:40:27 PM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from Shepherd:

The proposed five-year moratorium on digital currency regulation within the US as proposed under HR 5777 submitted to Congress by US Representative Steve Stockman is a good move, though it does not seem to have much of a chance being passed into law. Some consumer protection regulations will gain enough support sooner or later. In the meantime, uncertainties are not good for the industry either.

We will continue in executing our strategic plans based on the assumption that there will be different degree of regulations worldwide and position DNotes in the most favorable position in getting regulatory approval when needed.

That makes sense to me....

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: