Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:21:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:12:08 AM

I've updated to faucet to only drip every 15 minutes to the same address instead of 5, let me know if this causes any issues...

I should also add, for those of you who feel generous enough to donate to the faucet:

MFKAwYX3xmKLWNHAFxjfoRnAwH1KCXLeWU

The faucet is currently paying out 0.1% of its balance, feedback to change that is welcome.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mami

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:34:19 AM

How did you CPU mine, just from the wallet?

I found the best miner for the algo with the lowest diff and joined a pool for it.

I threw every CPU I've got at it for a few days.

Not sure what else, as I was moving as quickly as possible...I
mami

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:50:32 AM

wonder how long it will take to recover 100+ satoshi

Hard fork / CPU algo asap!

Would people please stop with this "Hard Fork, ASIC Resistant" mantra? This coin is too young and small to deal with a hard fork. It'll work much better if people just shut up and mine... If any coin becomes profitable and popular, 1-2 years later somebody releases an ASIC for it... deal with it.

Is FIVE algos not enough for you to choose from? Thanks.

Maybe you didn't understand, people ask for a fork because those who don't have ASIC or GPU basically can't mine this coin (waste of money to mine it with CPU), so if a coin designated to have multi algo so that EVERYONE can mine (CPU, GPU, FPGA and ASIC) doesn't have one algo specific for CPU is a fail and it needs a fork to fix it.

Funny, because I myself mined ~400 MYR with CPU 2 days ago.

Which coins CAN you mine with a CPU? Not very many, last time I checked Primecoin and Quark are the only ones likely to be worthwhile anyway?  And did somebody ask for those algos to be added to MYR? Not what I saw.

It's my understanding that CPU mining usually works only when a coin is new - somebody quickly hacks up the GPU miner code and the game is over...

We can discuss further if necessary. Thanks

We asked for prime algo to be added some pages ago...
prime numbers algo is only for CPU (like primecoin or RIECOIN) - long time Primecoin is there, and nobody found a way to make a gpu miner. Maybe someday someone will release a gpu miner for that, but if it's not the case today, i think we have some time to enjoy cpu mining.
MMC has a GPU miner

Prime would not be a bad algo, however the code is different and integration might be tough. This dev has already wired together FIVE algo and created a "balanced difficulty" between them - why mess with a good thing?  A hard fork is bad enough, but what if there were imbalances with difficulty when adding another algo?  I like this coin the way it is!

I vote NO on "new algo". In a brotherly way.

If you're really into crypto, pick up a few ATI video cards and roll up your sleeves - CPU mining is a dying art!
kingimg

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:04:45 AM

where is the site?
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:20:37 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 06:36:04 AM by foodies123

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/main/topsFlops

dafuq` is wrong with the diffs going double and shit... Smiley

nope
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:54:45 AM

People have probably seen the website and realized this is not a scam coin
I just solved a block  Cool

foodies123

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:17:58 AM

People have probably seen the website and realized this is not a scam coin
I just solved a block  Cool

Str8 pimpin'

nope
azhago

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:18:13 AM

wonder how long it will take to recover 100+ satoshi

Hard fork / CPU algo asap!

Would people please stop with this "Hard Fork, ASIC Resistant" mantra? This coin is too young and small to deal with a hard fork. It'll work much better if people just shut up and mine... If any coin becomes profitable and popular, 1-2 years later somebody releases an ASIC for it... deal with it.

Is FIVE algos not enough for you to choose from? Thanks.

Maybe you didn't understand, people ask for a fork because those who don't have ASIC or GPU basically can't mine this coin (waste of money to mine it with CPU), so if a coin designated to have multi algo so that EVERYONE can mine (CPU, GPU, FPGA and ASIC) doesn't have one algo specific for CPU is a fail and it needs a fork to fix it.

Which coins CAN you mine with a CPU? Not very many, last time I checked Primecoin and Quark are the only ones likely to be worthwhile anyway?  And did somebody ask for those algos to be added to MYR? Not what I saw.

It's my understanding that CPU mining usually works only when a coin is new - somebody quickly hacks up the GPU miner code and the game is over...

We asked for prime algo to be added some pages ago...
prime numbers algo is only for CPU (like primecoin or RIECOIN) - long time Primecoin is there, and nobody found a way to make a gpu miner. Maybe someday someone will release a gpu miner for that, but if it's not the case today, i think we have some time to enjoy cpu mining.
MMC has a GPU miner

Prime would not be a bad algo, however the code is different and integration might be tough. This dev has already wired together FIVE algo and created a "balanced difficulty" between them - why mess with a good thing?  A hard fork is bad enough, but what if there were imbalances with difficulty when adding another algo?  I like this coin the way it is!

If you're really into crypto, pick up a few ATI video cards and roll up your sleeves - CPU mining is a dying art!

I have "a few" ati video cards as well. But many people, like me, also have computer(s) with good cpu to mine.
With the abillity to have a difficulty per algo, this coin is very good.

It has SHA256 for asic, algo for GPU.. Adding CPU only will attract other miners, and the more interest on the coin the better it is.

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:31:13 AM

400MYR? yahooooo! Meanwhile ask someone with GPU how many did they get...

First, quark is not CPU only coin, it's more profitable with GPU. Second, many people asked for Primecoin, but it doesn't have to be Primecoin algo, could be anything that is only minable (or only profitable) with CPU (currently only Primecoin, RIC and MMC are more profitable with CPU than with GPU)

A hard fork doesn't have more implications than a upgrade of the wallet from everyone, nothing else, it's not "bad enough", nothing wrong about it.

MMC has a GPU miner

It's not about having a GPU miner, it's about being more profitable, MMC is more profitable with CPU than with GPU. There are also private XPM GPU miners, but they are just not profitable because they are slow.

mami

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:22:57 PM

400MYR? yahooooo! Meanwhile ask someone with GPU how many did they get...

I wasn't bragging. I was merely pointing out that CPU mining was possible AFTER the whining about CPU mining not being profitable started.

I'm not one of these miners who flashmobs every new coin and tries to hoard it, then dumps them on some dodgy exchange that will probably just keep my coins...

** I like this coin and I'm here to praise it FOR THE WAY IT IS.

First, quark is not CPU only coin, it's more profitable with GPU. Second, many people asked for Primecoin, but it doesn't have to be Primecoin algo, could be anything that is only minable (or only profitable) with CPU (currently only Primecoin, RIC and MMC are more profitable with CPU than with GPU)

Let's remember that Quark is hardly worth mining at all, because the block reward is too low. If you're saying a GPU miner has taken that over as well, then it's completely out as "algo6". So XPM, RIC, and MMC are the only algos you would even consider adding?

Prime would not be a bad algo, however the code is different and integration might be tough. This dev has already wired together FIVE algo and created a "balanced difficulty" between them - why mess with a good thing?  A hard fork is bad enough, but what if there were imbalances with difficulty when adding another algo?  I like this coin the way it is!

A hard fork doesn't have more implications than a upgrade of the wallet from everyone, nothing else, it's not "bad enough", nothing wrong about it.

Upgrading the wallet for everyone is hundreds of hours of error-prone work.  Also, when you make changes to software, you have to code, compile, test, find bugs, debug , fix , rewrite, and release them. This is C++ code for MONEY - not some PHP website. Do you want to do this work so a handful of holdout CPU miners will be happy?  You could start a bounty thread if you're not up to the work...

MMC has a GPU miner
It's not about having a GPU miner, it's about being more profitable, MMC is more profitable with CPU than with GPU. There are also private XPM GPU miners, but they are just not profitable because they are slow.

Honestly, if we could fast forward to a bug-free future MYR with a CPU-only algo and everybody hardforked I would like that.

However, I believe this coin is the "fairest of them all" already...

...and I just don't think it's worth the work and that it could kill the coin too easily.
mmihai1978

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:27:45 PM

coin is highly profitable and fair, for now.

if multipools would be dumping their scrypt-mined coin, small miners can move to qubit / skein and provide balance, while diff for scrypt would skyrocket.

Now I am feeling a bit sorry I sold 50,000 MYR @ 450. Cheesy
duazo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:48:08 PM

Am I correct in thinking that difficulty has a linear relationship with hashrate? So, if the net hashrate doubles on one algorithm, then the difficulty doubles, and the payouts halven for a given hashrate (on average)?

If so, does this relationship extend between the different algorithms? E.g. if skein difficulty is 1200, qubit difficulty is 60, then should a given hashrate of "x MH/s" be receiving about 4x the payout on qubit as on skein (because the difficulty is 20 times lower, whereas the hashrate on qubit is only about 5x lower)?

BTC: 141svhv9AsMLgsXDjhvZwWagRUpGWYptRE
DRK: XrnVid6U2kvTP77EifHtgxe3tEovUFK45B
IFC: iHEo7CrpQhLaTKeBxHaSvfVLTvQq1M5UcW
mmihai1978

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:49:24 PM

If so, does this relationship extend between the different algorithms?

algos are independent.
foodies123

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:53:03 PM

Am I correct in thinking that difficulty has a linear relationship with hashrate? So, if the net hashrate doubles on one algorithm, then the difficulty doubles, and the payouts halven for a given hashrate (on average)?

If so, does this relationship extend between the different algorithms? E.g. if skein difficulty is 1200, qubit difficulty is 60, then should a given hashrate of "x MH/s" be receiving about 4x the payout on qubit as on skein (because the difficulty is 20 times lower, whereas the hashrate on qubit is only about 5x lower)?

something like that you just over complicate things it's simple
within 2.5 minutes each algo will solve one block, obviously the algo withe the highest hashrate will give out the lowest payout per miner while the algo with the lowest hashrate will be more profitable, that's the genius of it, no one can rule the coin if someone dominates sha fuck`em we go scrypt if they dominate scrypt fuck`em we go skein and so on and so forth. it's miner's heaven Smiley)

nope
duazo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:59:32 PM

If so, does this relationship extend between the different algorithms?

algos are independent.

I wasn't implying any dependency. I think I phrased it badly. What I meant was, if the difficulty on algorithm A is 10x higher than on algorithm B, does that mean the net hashrate on algorithm A is 10x higher than on algorithm B? And, therefore, based on my first assumption, that using 10x the hashrate on algorithm A will bring equal payouts to algorithm B.

I know they're independent, but I'm wondering if the difficulty is calibrated to the same difficulty per MH for each algorithm.

mmihai1978

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:01:22 PM

as said above, each algo targets 2.5 min per block with the same payout. diff is adjusted each block to meet the 2.5 min requirement.

all miners start on equal footing for whatever algo.
duazo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:03:20 PM

as said above, each algo targets 2.5 min per block with the same payout. diff is adjusted each block to meet the 2.5 min requirement.

all miners start on equal footing for whatever algo.

Sorry, I don't think you understand what I'm asking. I know that each algorithm gets equal payout because they have the same chance to solve each block.

mmihai1978

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:04:13 PM

what are you asking?

duazo

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:06:50 PM

what are you asking?

I've asked it twice, can't think how to rephrase it any further Smiley

If the difficulty on algorithm A is 10x higher than on algorithm B, does that mean the net hashrate on algorithm A is 10x higher than on algorithm B? And, therefore, based on my first assumption, that using 10x the hashrate on algorithm A will bring equal payouts to algorithm B.

Each algorithm as a whole gets equal payouts. I'm asking about payouts for a single miner within that. I'm asking if the difficulty for each algorithm is relative to each other in scale, per MH of net hashrate.

mmihai1978

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

real equivalence between algos is driven solely by time to a solve a block.

Network Hashrate per algo is computed. You should care solely about diff : 1) derive network hash from difficulty then 2) use your actual hashrate to compute theoretical earnings per mh / algo.

this is how i would do it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: