Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:49:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread!  (Read 47040 times)
Another40devReward

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 04:28:12 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2021, 06:27:38 PM by Another40devReward

Imagine Gulden without this pressure and a brilliant development team. It will be a life changing event.

Dream on kiddo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sinotek

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 06:08:11 PM

Thanks a lot and where can I buy Gulden?

https://gulden.com/en

Scroll down a bit for buying options.

You can also purchase Guldens directly from the mobile wallet, you'll have to complete some account verifications but afterward, it's incredibly simple to fulfill a purchase.

I forgot to mention this, this was only made available recently?

Fairly recently, it's a great feature to have in the wallet. With a bunch of clicks you're already buying Guldens whilst supporting development.
BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 11:31:09 AM

Novo had some profit takers today, after making over 2500% on the IPO the price was too tasty to resist for some.

All this from making good decisions by reducing max supply from 10 billion to 210000 and introducing a halving soon from 0.1 to 0.05 per block. Miners won't be able to crash the price and if traders sell they might never get back in for the same price.
Witnessing reward will be increased to 0.075 of the reward and miners 0.025.

No pressure on the market and witnesses coins can't be spent until the witness period is done.

Gulden developers developed the witness tech and the Gulden advisory board is watching the positive impact on the price action from the above changes.

I spoke to one of the traders on slack and he says with Gulden because 100 000 new coins are coming onto the market every day and this continues for 35 years more there is no incentive to trade Gulden up because the next day 100 000 coins could be sold back on the exchanges.

Imagine Gulden without this pressure and a brilliant development team. It will be a life changing event.

I had a look at the trading chart for Novo, the price was trading below the ICO price at the end of Feb until the announcement? Trading volume was also 0 or close to 0 on some days. The changes brought life back into that coin that I predicted last year would die and was looking unhealthy on
trader view. The price went up too high, $4 will be an amount I could see myself getting involved because it's still on a low volume exchange, part of the same working / middle class users that invest in Gulden and no marketing.

The changes made were good and if they can get the coin some limelight it will moon.

My opinion has certainly changed to a more postive outlook.

Novocurrency will also be dead because quite frankly it offers nothing for whales and you only have poor people buying. It's useless for any investor.
RetinaB

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 02:40:27 PM

Ok I might like this Gulden project, I read about a reward halving. I walked away because it did not have one as per my post. Gulden looks like a good project that is under valued. Everything else to me is too high price but Gulden looks safe.

Is this coin going to have reward halving or not?

Tsegicalicol

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 03:23:26 PM

Ok I might like this Gulden project, I read about a reward halving. I walked away because it did not have one as per my post. Gulden looks like a good project that is under valued. Everything else to me is too high price but Gulden looks safe.

Gulden advisory board is meeting tonight to discuss the max reward and other topics. I don't know if rewards will be changed or if witnesses will end up with 75% of the reward and miners 25%.

From past experience, it takes a day before we hear the outcome of what was discussed.
Sinotek

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 05:12:35 PM

Gulden advisory board is meeting tonight to discuss the max reward and other topics. I don't know if rewards will be changed or if witnesses will end up with 75% of the reward and miners 25%.

From past experience, it takes a day before we hear the outcome of what was discussed.

For the first time ever, the Gulden Advisory Board will broadcast the meeting in Clubhouse for everyone to hear it live. So if you speak Dutch and have an iPhone you can tune in later today.
MyGuldenReset

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 05:28:53 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2021, 06:20:12 PM by MyGuldenReset

I have had a change of attitude towards Gulden because I strayed away from what I personally wanted out of crypto.

When I first got involved in this new technology, I saw the possibilities and freedoms a crypto currency can offer. To give people new hope that are excluded from the financial markets because they don't fit certain criteria. A good way for people who like the idea of cash outside of the bank a way to store it in a digitally decentralized ledger while also providing a hedge against inflation.

Move onto post 2017 and I became more infuctiated by the financial prosperity crypto can bring while at the same time losing faith that financial institutions have infested the crypto market already while governments start pushing regulation. This all dashing the hopes of a new era of financial independence vaporized for me personally and all that was left is how much money I can get out of this.

I suspect many people will fall into this category but I know some in the Gulden community that never lost faith.

While in this state of mind where I am looking to profit and how much money I can make from Gulden the news of a 40 dev reward really hit hard in the stomach because I knew an increase in rewards is never good, but I got over this because the reward was 100 in the past and it dropped to 80 and then went back to 120.

A few months later an additional 40 dev reward was announced and it was as if someone tore out my hope and dreams of Guldens price ever producing sustainable wealth. I knew traders would manipulate the price because the next day they could rely on a new dump of coins coming onto the market. Take 2-3% profit and place bids lower.
While this news had a major impact the development team announced Novo and i was crushed because development time would be split up and progress slowed.

Out of respect I remained silent on slack because the development team has delivered on the projects they set out to do and endured years of not getting any mainstream credit.

Since October last year I gave up hope on any financial gains and looked to other places to invest for the future. This included the stock market and other cryptos and while I lost money on stocks other cryptos have increased by 5 to 10 times my initial purchase price.

With all these financial gains i never got attached to any of the other coins or communities like I did with Gulden. Its all about exchanges , trading... basically money. While the Gulden community has its channels where it talks about trading but a lot of the discussions is genuine interest of what technology and features that would be good to have. Lots of people helping to support others questions and sometimes issues including Malcolm who is one of the developers.

About 3 weeks ago the realization hit home that Gulden still has everything I wanted out of a crypto besides government regulation which can't be ignored but its one of the the few coins with great development where the community has the most say and not some exchange or financial institution that is responsible for putting food on the devs table and ultimately deciding the course the coin takes.

For people out there looking into a crypto that embodies decentralization, where you as an individual or community have a voice then Gulden is a good option. With the current max supply and rewards staying constant the likelihood of massive price gains is really slim but I can live with it because its not why I am here anymore

Peace out.
Henis

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 06:55:02 PM

I have had a change of attitude towards Gulden because I strayed away from what I personally wanted out of crypto.

When I first got involved in this new technology, I saw the possibilities and freedoms a crypto currency can offer. To give people new hope that are excluded from the financial markets because they don't fit certain criteria. A good way for people who like the idea of cash outside of the bank a way to store it in a digitally decentralized ledger while also providing a hedge against inflation.

Move onto post 2017 and I became more infuctiated by the financial prosperity crypto can bring while at the same time losing faith that financial institutions have infested the crypto market already while governments start pushing regulation. This all dashing the hopes of a new era of financial independence vaporized for me personally and all that was left is how much money I can get out of this.

I suspect many people will fall into this category but I know some in the Gulden community that never lost faith.

While in this state of mind where I am looking to profit and how much money I can make from Gulden the news of a 40 dev reward really hit hard in the stomach because I knew an increase in rewards is never good, but I got over this because the reward was 100 in the past and it dropped to 80 and then went back to 120.

A few months later an additional 40 dev reward was announced and it was as if someone tore out my hope and dreams of Guldens price ever producing sustainable wealth. I knew traders would manipulate the price because the next day they could rely on a new dump of coins coming onto the market. Take 2-3% profit and place bids lower.
While this news had a major impact the development team announced Novo and i was crushed because development time would be split up and progress slowed.

Out of respect I remained silent on slack because the development team has delivered on the projects they set out to do and endured years of not getting any mainstream credit.

Since October last year I gave up hope on any financial gains and looked to other places to invest for the future. This included the stock market and other cryptos and while I lost money on stocks other cryptos have increased by 5 to 10 times my initial purchase price.

With all these financial gains i never got attached to any of the other coins or communities like I did with Gulden. Its all about exchanges , trading... basically money. While the Gulden community has its channels where it talks about trading but a lot of the discussions is genuine interest of what technology and features that would be good to have. Lots of people helping to support others questions and sometimes issues including Malcolm who is one of the developers.

About 3 weeks ago the realization hit home that Gulden still has everything I wanted out of a crypto besides government regulation which can't be ignored but its one of the the few coins with great development where the community has the most say and not some exchange or financial institution that is responsible for putting food on the devs table and ultimately deciding the course the coin takes.

For people out there looking into a crypto that embodies decentralization, where you as an individual or community have a voice then Gulden is a good option. With the current max supply and rewards staying constant the likelihood of massive price gains is really slim but I can live with it because its not why I am here anymore

Peace out.

I like your post, I invested in Gulden close to the top in 2017 and I never expect to see those prices again but Gulden taught me how to use wallets and confidence to work my way through crypto and I don't think a price can be put on this experience.

I also invested in other coins and I am up 73% including the loss I make with Gulden. I still keep a few thousand Gulden to remember my first crypto.

Its a good coin and I recommend if you want to support a noble cause put in $50 or amount you don't mind throwing in the toilet if you lose it.
You can learn from my mistake of putting too much 💰

I can't understand why this coin has no success but maybe fortunes turn around in the future.

JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 05:16:18 AM

This part is true in most cases, GRS got a investor from EFL that helped fund GRS in getting onto exchanges and does not tell the GRS developers what to do. There was a stage where he could see EFL was a shit coin and he did start becoming active with Gulden but was not treated well, I won't say more on this as its in the past and GRS did benefit.
BartoszinNL

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 11:54:48 AM

It is what it is with Gulden, I can't be angry because Rijk didn't scam or run away from this coin. He also consults with the community well in the last 9 months. It is a sad story because Gulden deserves more credit, I did give my input but most responses thought my input was not helpful.
Nothing will change because the rewards are needed for development funding and if the max supply is changed to < 600 million the rewards will run out too quickly. Gulden is stuck where it is and changes can't be made to max supply and reward.
I understand why litecoin also followed bitcoin with reward halving every 4 years because it makes each coin more valuable for the same or more demand and traders and investors always look at future value.

Why must I pay more for something if the high quantities keep flowing in, that is stupid and not common sense.

Weas89Trf

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 04:56:27 PM

Reducing the supply and rewards is not a good idea, it benefits the bagholders. Novo is a good example of what happens when you cut max supply, new buyers have to pay much more for 1 coin.
I would rather Gulden die a slow death then survive by starving supply and making a few rich.

I dont own any Gulden at this present time as I had to sell to fix my car but want to buy again when I get my bonus.
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 07:42:36 AM

Reducing the supply and rewards is not a good idea, it benefits the bagholders. Novo is a good example of what happens when you cut max supply, new buyers have to pay much more for 1 coin.
I would rather Gulden die a slow death then survive by starving supply and making a few rich.

I dont own any Gulden at this present time as I had to sell to fix my car but want to buy again when I get my bonus.

Keep Gulden grounded, grounded as close to 1 sat as possible.  Grin
RetinaB

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 12:26:51 PM

It is what it is with Gulden, I can't be angry because Rijk didn't scam or run away from this coin. He also consults with the community well in the last 9 months. It is a sad story because Gulden deserves more credit, I did give my input but most responses thought my input was not helpful.
Nothing will change because the rewards are needed for development funding and if the max supply is changed to < 600 million the rewards will run out too quickly. Gulden is stuck where it is and changes can't be made to max supply and reward.
I understand why litecoin also followed bitcoin with reward halving every 4 years because it makes each coin more valuable for the same or more demand and traders and investors always look at future value.

Why must I pay more for something if the high quantities keep flowing in, that is stupid and not common sense.

What makes a reward halving every 4 years better then a reward halving every 6 months or every 1. Alternatively a 25% reward drop every year or 12.5% drop every 6 months. Why the 4 years?
Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 03:53:01 PM

What makes a reward halving every 4 years better then a reward halving every 6 months or every 1. Alternatively a 25% reward drop every year or 12.5% drop every 6 months. Why the 4 years?

Efl has halving every 6 months and our reward is 0.09765625 per block. This is less than Novo and more natural but total supply is same as bitcoin.

Without any marketing or development and on one exchange EFL marketcap is close to Gulden, when bitcoin price goes up EFL does better and Gulden much worse because of high inflation.

This with big development and more users but the max supply and no halving is bad for the price.
RetinaB

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 06:30:16 AM

Novo had some profit takers today, after making over 2500% on the IPO the price was too tasty to resist for some.

All this from making good decisions by reducing max supply from 10 billion to 210000 and introducing a halving soon from 0.1 to 0.05 per block. Miners won't be able to crash the price and if traders sell they might never get back in for the same price.

No pressure on the market and witnesses coins can't be spent until the witness period is done.

Gulden developers developed the witness tech and the Gulden advisory board is watching the positive impact on the price action from the above changes.

I spoke to one of the traders on slack and he says with Gulden because 100 000 new coins are coming onto the market every day and this continues for 35 years more there is no incentive to trade Gulden up because the next day 100 000 coins could be sold back on the exchanges.

The impact looks good on Novo, the price was trading under $1 and today $18 if I look at coinmarketcap,it looks like most people are done with profit taking and the price is going back up?

Did the meeting bare any fruits or is Gulden going to treated differently with rampant inflation?
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 01:24:13 PM

The impact looks good on Novo, the price was trading under $1 and today $18 if I look at coinmarketcap,it looks like most people are done with profit taking and the price is going back up?

Did the meeting bare any fruits or is Gulden going to treated differently with rampant inflation?

Why is everyone complaining Novo is getting special treatment?

Differences:

Novo Max supply: Original Max supply 10 billion. Early investors buy in and max supply changed to 210 000
Gulden Max supply: 1.68 billion

Novo Reward: 0.1 with halving and no dev reward
Gulden: 160 with no halving and half the reward to pay for Gulden and Novo development

Novo Witness reward: 75% and miners 25% of 0.1
Gulden Witness reward: Witness 18%, miners 32% and developers 50% of 160

Compatibility

Same development team

I see no reason to be complaining like little bitches in this forum, suck it up you fucks!

MyGuldenReset

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 05:23:39 PM

Why is everyone complaining Novo is getting special treatment?

Differences:

Novo Max supply: Original Max supply 10 billion. Early investors buy in and max supply changed to 210 000
Gulden Max supply: 1.68 billion

Novo Reward: 0.1 with halving and no dev reward
Gulden: 160 with no halving and half the reward to pay for Gulden and Novo development

Novo Witness reward: 75% and miners 25% of 0.1
Gulden Witness reward: Witness 18%, miners 32% and developers 50% of 160

Compatibility

Same development team

I see no reason to be complaining like little bitches in this forum, suck it up you fucks!

Troll! Your post would of angered me last year but I am at peace with Gulden. Its not about making money with Gulden but being part of a decentralized project and development that is better then top 50 coins.

Plenty other coins setup like Novo to make big gains but you can also make big loses, I will buy Novo because of the development team, not because it has far better chances of making profit due to low rewards or halvings or small max supply etc. Most coins I made money on were similar to what Novo is, Investment coins.

Gulden is going for currency status and currencies are meant to have some liquidity.

BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 03:07:07 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2021, 03:45:06 PM by BigDikBTC

I bid farewell

Gulden has entered into a coma economy and its taken me awhile to exit without making a loss. After the reward increases, I can openly say some ruthless MFs are trading the sat price down while accepting tight margins, making it impossible to actively maintain trading while my other coins the situation has improved immensely.

I followed this coin closely for a number of years and it did have good prospects but you have vultures eating the last bits of a dead carcass that has become Gulden trading.

The solutions are clear to me but my instincts tell me nothing will change.

My advice if you want to stay with this team, drop Gulden for Novo. It has made life saving changes in the last week and the price is reflecting the truth of those changes.

Look at the charts below to see how the coin was doing before the announced changes. End of Feb to start of March.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/novo/

Farewell!
RetinaB

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 04:36:57 PM

Does Novo have an announcement page, I can't find one on bitcointalk.
I have no interest investing in Gulden with the 1.68 billion max supply and constant 160 reward.

How much Novo is a good amount to own for 4 years and when is the next reward halving.

Please link the Novo ANN and I can continue replying on that thread.
BartoszinNL

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:39:40 PM

I feel too betrayed to invest in another coin of this teams. 7 years of dev given to Novo for free which was paid by the community and Gulden community as a thank you gets double the reward from 80 to 160. Novo gets what we wish for but you can't complain about it because the people on slack are too scared the price drops more to speak negative in front of new users. They all waiting to sell when the price is up including me and I have a lot of coins to sell but I am done!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: