Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:44:29 AM

Top 100 Rich List
http://coinia.net/einsteinium/getbalance.php?top=100

rich list not working... for how long?

We've been having some server issues on the backend that I'm look to get resolved. If need be, I may buy and host the new servers myself.

Awesome dev thank u

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:16:05 PM

Top 100 Rich List

We've been having some server issues on the backend that I'm look to get resolved. If need be, I may buy and host the new servers myself.

Awesome dev thank u

link still doesnt work, why ''thank u''  Wink
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:24:33 PM

Top 100 Rich List

hey ahumanbeingx, are you Dev for this coin or spoksman? Put some questions few posts earlier... Can you, or someone else, give us in short some info of what is corrently going on with this coin and what are the future short-term and long-term plans...

cheers
B.
poiuty

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:04:28 PM

Top 100 Rich List

Just open the source code. I can host it.
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:42:22 PM

Hello everyone

I have been watching this thread from time to time and would love to ask few questions regarding leadership of this community and further development. I do have some amount of this coin and looking at what is going on for last couple couple of months is not promising.  Roll Eyes

So, cut to the chase:

* Is there still someone left from the original Dev crew?
* Is there any Dev (person or a team) that can work with this coin?
* Is there someone that leading this crew or it is community driven coin?
* Is there any healthy pool that have more then 100Mh(?) power? Why half or more of the pools from ANN page are not accessible?
* Who is the spokesman for the community if there is one or for orig. crew?
* Do you have organized people from orig. crew or community members for PR jobs for promoting EmC2 (Twitter, Reddit, BCT, IRC, Newsletters, Facebook, Instagram... etc)?
* Do you have any amount of money for putting bounties for jobs yet to be done (for example PR jobs) or you have team of people working in background?
* Do you have someone that is in direct contact with health and science organizations and thus promoting this coin?
* Except PoS, is there something else that is discussed for future steps in putting some volume in EmC2?
* What are future plans of this community and EmC2?

As I see that PoS subject is currently active, would like to say in that case this coin is for long haul and no daily pumps/dumps you see on other coins. So with already spread majority of coins to market there is less chance for one whale to fill his pockets and if people start staking there will be less coins to sell. Less coins to sell leads to price going up. Community must stop selling @ this low prices if it comes to PoS idea. For now, only I see is that community is dumping this coin for it self causing this prices at exchanges...

Just my 2 EmC2  Wink

Cheers
B. 

codmaster

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:49:37 AM

what time on saturday the vote results going to be announced?! Smiley
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

what time on saturday the vote results going to be announced?! Smiley

he he, maybe you'll get answer on Thursday next week  Wink
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:52:00 AM

The announcement will be made tomorrow and we can then being to move forward to the next step. Thank you for your patience.

Developing the future of crypto.
marach

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:30:23 PM

Greetings all,
i love the community of this coin. I'm glad i hold quite a bunch of them.
Was following the debate around this coin and maybe it's a bit late to reply but still. There has been a lot of negativity with this coin which i believe we all agree has been perfectly set up. The idea of funding science with crypto coin, plus the coin supply is really neat with the unique vortex feature.

From here on the developers have lost a track a bit and they have fallen under the negative sentiment people have put pressure on them (this is my personal opinion on the matter of course) because the price was not what we all expected.
But every beginning is hard and i remember a great AMA with the first and second winner. It was a good read and i'm sure right people got the coins.
For all of you that want to change anything with this coin please stop for a second and read again the first page of it and reand the official page of the coin.

This is what this coin is all about. Funding science. I'm sad to see this stopped because it was great purpose and publicity.
Besides that this coin lacks other marketing features. If you believe that changing anything with coin defaults without the marketing will change the price i'm afraid you will be very disappointed.

And one more thing..if it is not done perfectly you might as well kill the coin. If half of people will be on one side of the fork, one on the other it will not be pretty. This is a great responsibility to take over the coin and change the fundamentals. I hope it stays as they are and let's continue with what this coin started.
It doesn't matter the price right now. We should be funding science with this coin. Getting recognized and accepted in the science world and then the coins price will rise. It does not get the other way around.

My 2 EMC2 cents.
matauc12

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:58:15 PM

The announcement will be made tomorrow and we can then being to move forward to the next step. Thank you for your patience.
because waiting to this day to make any progress at all was necessary...
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

Greetings all,
i love the community of this coin. I'm glad i hold quite a bunch of them....

+ 1  Well said, all of it. When we loose site of the goal, we loose conviction and fall away. Lets stay focused...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:21:46 PM

Greetings all,
i love the community of this coin. I'm glad i hold quite a bunch of them....

+ 1  Well said, all of it. When we loose site of the goal, we loose conviction and fall away. Lets stay focused...

+1 I have been in this coin for a long time and not going anywhere anytime soon :-) 

RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

any EMC2'ers going to the Chicago 'Bitcoin' Conference?

I did hear there is a sponsorship of an Altcoin called BLU sponsoring the after party in Chicago after the bitcoin conference https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580639.msg7927320#msg7927320
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of activity here on the message board. After arriving back in the states I was hit with a few situations that needed direct attention (time). Sorry. Over the past few weeks, I've been on contact with several coin developers and people who are willing to help Einsteinium achieve our new purpose. Action is picking up!

Because of my busy schedule and divided attention, I am going to "hiring" a new team to help with marketing and updates. I'm also officially opening the door for a few members who want to be partners in lead responsibility. In doing so, the community can have a steady stream of updates from EMC2.

Official and final announcement for the algorithm poll will come within the next few hours.

Developing the future of crypto.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:10:53 PM

Top 100 Rich List

100 years  Roll Eyes

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:29:29 PM

First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of activity here on the message board. After arriving back in the states I was hit with a few situations that needed direct attention (time). Sorry. Over the past few weeks, I've been on contact with several coin developers and people who are willing to help Einsteinium achieve our new purpose. Action is picking up!

Because of my busy schedule and divided attention, I am going to "hiring" a new team to help with marketing and updates. I'm also officially opening the door for a few members who want to be partners in lead responsibility. In doing so, the community can have a steady stream of updates from EMC2.

Official and final announcement for the algorithm poll will come within the next few hours.

As the digital commerce thread is locked I have no option but to ask here what has happened to digital commerce.The website is down,link to wallet is no longer working,thread on ANN is locked,IRC is abandoned and the only exchange left trading digital commerce and that also hosted the IPO is deslisting the coin.People need to know what to do and nobody is helping us?Who do we turn to for direction if the devs are not communicating?

█████████████████████
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:54:04 PM

I urge you all to watch what is happening with vericoin before moving to PoS.

over the weekend mintpal was hacked 30% of vericoins  (8M) were stolen.
the devs fearing 51% rolled back their blockchain in order to stop the theft.

this has created a huge controversy which can be seen in full detail on the vericoin thread (and the various a news articles)

they did this because if a thief gains 51% of a PoS coin they can have majority control of the coin forever because they can stake and very easily keep creating new coins.

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack which only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power.

PoS encourages hoarding and centralization of power more so than PoW...
the effects are amplified the smaller the coin.

I expect in the future we will see more PoS coins suffer from this vulnerability

I understand but emc2 need to do something to survive and the majority of people speaking wish for PoS. Will it change the way Emc2 is seen in the CC sphere, i don't know. Algo switch or switching to PoS doesn't do a thing if nobody knows it exist. People need to use it and right now everything is just a big speculative bubble.

What help emc2 prevent the kind of events that happened to VRC is that a lot of coins are already out, so harder for someone to steal the coins and get 51%. The volume is spread on 3 exchanges so i don't think it could happen to this coin but we never know.

indeed the majority of people will only support an action which benefits themselves in the short term.. this is the problem that politicians in all democracies face when they make policy decisions. Its also why we have such a corrupt and broken fiat system.

this is why I gave up arguing the toss on this forum.. I only posted that statement because real world events have demonstrated very clearly how vulnerable PoS can be.

I would rather see the coin prosper and grow in the longer term but if people are willing to risk that for the sake of short term gains then I wont continue to waste my energy arguing... I'll just check in from time to time with a comment here and there.

ultimately if the majority of people get what the want and the price rises in the short term then people like myself who do not support PoS systems in any large way will have a chance to exit the system.

As much as i want emc2 to survive and grow, i still believe that technicality changes won't do much since we need to be known. This change, it's true, is only for short term gain (i hope i'm wrong). We're supposed to be a science coin, why aren't we contacting science magazines, organizations, etc. to get them involved in the coin? They're the ones that will benefit from this coin.
I really hope the switch will help emc2 but after the switch we will probably see a pump then a dump, sadly. This coin was supposed to be one of a kind, now it will become one of many without nothing to differenciate it.

+1

Changing the fundamentals of a coin violates the first axiom of a cryptocurrency, the one which makes a cryptocurrency different (and more reliable) than fiat currencies. It should avoided unless absolutely necessary. We should focus instead on promoting the coin within the scientific community, as I've been repeating for months, this and only this would give the coin a value - anything else are just gambler's speculations. But except a few isolated voices, like the ones which I'm quoting, most of the community which writes on the thread seem not to get it, and hopes that value would appear by magic just by messing with the fundamentals.

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:07:14 PM

I urge you all to watch what is happening with vericoin before moving to PoS.

over the weekend mintpal was hacked 30% of vericoins  (8M) were stolen.
the devs fearing 51% rolled back their blockchain in order to stop the theft.

this has created a huge controversy which can be seen in full detail on the vericoin thread (and the various a news articles)

they did this because if a thief gains 51% of a PoS coin they can have majority control of the coin forever because they can stake and very easily keep creating new coins.

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack which only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power.

PoS encourages hoarding and centralization of power more so than PoW...
the effects are amplified the smaller the coin.

I expect in the future we will see more PoS coins suffer from this vulnerability

I understand but emc2 need to do something to survive and the majority of people speaking wish for PoS. Will it change the way Emc2 is seen in the CC sphere, i don't know. Algo switch or switching to PoS doesn't do a thing if nobody knows it exist. People need to use it and right now everything is just a big speculative bubble.

What help emc2 prevent the kind of events that happened to VRC is that a lot of coins are already out, so harder for someone to steal the coins and get 51%. The volume is spread on 3 exchanges so i don't think it could happen to this coin but we never know.

indeed the majority of people will only support an action which benefits themselves in the short term.. this is the problem that politicians in all democracies face when they make policy decisions. Its also why we have such a corrupt and broken fiat system.

this is why I gave up arguing the toss on this forum.. I only posted that statement because real world events have demonstrated very clearly how vulnerable PoS can be.

I would rather see the coin prosper and grow in the longer term but if people are willing to risk that for the sake of short term gains then I wont continue to waste my energy arguing... I'll just check in from time to time with a comment here and there.

ultimately if the majority of people get what the want and the price rises in the short term then people like myself who do not support PoS systems in any large way will have a chance to exit the system.

As much as i want emc2 to survive and grow, i still believe that technicality changes won't do much since we need to be known. This change, it's true, is only for short term gain (i hope i'm wrong). We're supposed to be a science coin, why aren't we contacting science magazines, organizations, etc. to get them involved in the coin? They're the ones that will benefit from this coin.
I really hope the switch will help emc2 but after the switch we will probably see a pump then a dump, sadly. This coin was supposed to be one of a kind, now it will become one of many without nothing to differenciate it.

+1

Changing the fundamentals of a coin violates the first axiom of a cryptocurrency, the one which makes a cryptocurrency different (and more reliable) than fiat currencies. It should avoided unless absolutely necessary. We should focus instead on promoting the coin within the scientific community, as I've been repeating for months, this and only this would give the coin a value - anything else are just gambler's speculations. But except a few isolated voices, like the ones which I'm quoting, most of the community which writes on the thread seem not to get it, and hopes that value would appear by magic just by messing with the fundamentals.

Sadly a lot of people don't understand that following a hype don't bring much. Everybody want PoS but who brought any idea on how to help emc2 in any other way? Not a lot, we can clearly see what's happening, people that want to find a way for emc2 to get a pump. Nothing else, is it people looking for quick bucks? Maybe, will it loose it legitimacy? hope not. But without a team behind it and a team promoting it, not much will happen no matter how many changes we make to technical aspect of the coin. We shouldn't be suppose to rely on only one person to give update on the coin.

What's the plan after the switch to PoS. Any promotion, upgrade to the wallet or features that could bring attention? We know nothing and for the community it's not a good sign.

If the development team need members, we need to find people to fill those seats. Same for the promotion team, we can't stay here waiting for things to change, it won't happen.

So dev we need a good and detailed description of what need to be done to put that train back on track. After that we will be able to work as a community to bring back this coin where it was.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

What's the plan after the switch to PoS. Any promotion, upgrade to the wallet or features that could bring attention? We know nothing and for the community it's not a good sign.

this coin had an action/rescue plan and a development committee where did they go?

don't tell me they spat the dummy just because they didn't want to change the name.
or was it all just hot air?

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:30:17 PM

this coin had an action/rescue plan and a development committee where did they go?

don't tell me they spat the dummy just because they didn't want to change the name.
or was it all just hot air?

I think it was internal conflicts on how to handle things with einsteinium foundation that destroyed everything.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: