Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:38:27 AM

I am an EMC2 fan

Who isn't emc2 fan :-)

holding allready 5 month 100k emc2, i hope its worth holding. Tongue
mined with gpu at home.

When we go POS now you will earn interest on those coins Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codmaster

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:14:03 PM

that rescue coin looks like its ripping emc2 off with ideas, and the dev tried saying 20% premine what a joker
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:43:38 PM

FINAL ALGORITHM VOTE

This will be the final round of voting to decide between PoS (Proof of Stake) or PoW using some Scrypt based mining alternative. Please weigh the options carefully and make sure to vote accordingly. This new vote will be running for 2 1/2 weeks and concluded on Saturday, July 19th. Share the word and let's get as many votes as possible.

Write in votes will be considered and accepted if the member has an actual post history.

So what's it going to be, PoW or PoS? Is that your final answer?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676509

Bump.

Why do we need such a long time for the second ballot? These enough time to make a coin dead!

Cause if not someone will cry when it's over Wink... Get on twitter facebook message about emc2... Make is so the coins not dead don't want for the coin

Just a friendly bump to keep people voting. The FINAL announcement will be made on Saturday.

Developing the future of crypto.
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:14:09 AM

FINAL ALGORITHM VOTE

This will be the final round of voting to decide between PoS (Proof of Stake) or PoW using some Scrypt based mining alternative. Please weigh the options carefully and make sure to vote accordingly. This new vote will be running for 2 1/2 weeks and concluded on Saturday, July 19th. Share the word and let's get as many votes as possible.

Write in votes will be considered and accepted if the member has an actual post history.

Bump.

Why do we need such a long time for the second ballot? These enough time to make a coin dead!

Cause if not someone will cry when it's over Wink... Get on twitter facebook message about emc2... Make is so the coins not dead don't want for the coin

Just a friendly bump to keep people voting. The FINAL announcement will be made on Saturday.

Awesome get your votes in.... watch the price start the slow climb Smiley

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:55:36 AM

Great...we recently climed from ~200sat to 75sat. So now we will implement POS (saturday official) . Remember the voting took more then 1 month.

With this lighting speed It will take another 3 months before we go POS, and the value of EMC2 will be at record lows.

I am sorry to say this, but I realy have no trust in the qualities of the "leaders" from EMC2. I am in to EMC2 since 2014-04-06 and we had nice run....but now it's time to say goodbye, EMC2 can't handle the competition.

Thanks and good luck to you all
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:18:53 PM

Great...we recently climed from ~200sat to 75sat. So now we will implement POS (saturday official) . Remember the voting took more then 1 month.

With this lighting speed It will take another 3 months before we go POS, and the value of EMC2 will be at record lows.

I am sorry to say this, but I realy have no trust in the qualities of the "leaders" from EMC2. I am in to EMC2 since 2014-04-06 and we had nice run....but now it's time to say goodbye, EMC2 can't handle the competition.

Thanks and good luck to you all

Let see the time it'll take to implement PoS first, if it takes too long, you might be right but if it's done in a week. It might be different
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:23:26 PM

I urge you all to watch what is happening with vericoin before moving to PoS.

over the weekend mintpal was hacked 30% of vericoins  (8M) were stolen.
the devs fearing 51% rolled back their blockchain in order to stop the theft.

this has created a huge controversy which can be seen in full detail on the vericoin thread (and the various a news articles)

they did this because if a thief gains 51% of a PoS coin they can have majority control of the coin forever because they can stake and very easily keep creating new coins.

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack that only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power which in a healthy coin ecosystem is continually growing and supported by new miners.

PoS encourages hoarding and centralization of power more so than PoW...
the effects are amplified the smaller the coin.

I expect in the future we will see more PoS coins suffer from this vulnerability

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:31:48 PM

this has created a huge controversy which can be seen in full detail on the vericoin thread (and the various a news articles)

they did this because if a thief gains 51% of a PoS coin they can have majority control of the coin forever because they can stake and very easily keep creating new coins.

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack which only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power.

I expect in the future we will see more PoS coins suffer from this vulnerability

I understand but emc2 need to do something to survive and the majority of people speaking wish for PoS. Will it change the way Emc2 is seen in the CC sphere, i don't know. Algo switch or switching to PoS doesn't do a thing if nobody knows it exist. People need to use it and right now everything is just a big speculative bubble.

What help emc2 prevent the kind of events that happened to VRC is that a lot of coins are already out, so harder for someone to steal the coins and get 51%. The volume is spread on 3 exchanges so i don't think it could happen to this coin but we never know.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack which only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power.

I understand but emc2 need to do something to survive and the majority of people speaking wish for PoS. Will it change the way Emc2 is seen in the CC sphere, i don't know. Algo switch or switching to PoS doesn't do a thing if nobody knows it exist. People need to use it and right now everything is just a big speculative bubble.

What help emc2 prevent the kind of events that happened to VRC is that a lot of coins are already out, so harder for someone to steal the coins and get 51%. The volume is spread on 3 exchanges so i don't think it could happen to this coin but we never know.

indeed the majority of people will only support an action which benefits themselves in the short term.. this is the problem that politicians in all democracies face when they make policy decisions. Its also why we have such a corrupt and broken fiat system.

this is why I gave up arguing the toss on this forum.. I only posted that statement because real world events have demonstrated very clearly how vulnerable PoS can be.

I would rather see the coin prosper and grow in the longer term but if people are willing to risk that for the sake of short term gains then I wont continue to waste my energy arguing... I'll just check in from time to time with a comment here and there.

ultimately if the majority of people get what the want and the price rises in the short term then people like myself who do not support PoS systems in any large way will have a chance to exit the system.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:44:43 PM

indeed the majority of people will only support an action which benefits themselves in the short term.. this is the problem that politicians in all democracies face when they make policy decisions. Its also why we have such a corrupt and broken fiat system.

this is why I gave up arguing the toss on this forum.. I only posted that statement because real world events have demonstrated very clearly how vulnerable PoS can be.

I would rather see the coin prosper and grow in the longer term but if people are willing to risk that for the sake of short term gains then I wont continue to waste my energy arguing... I'll just check in from time to time with a comment here and there.

ultimately if the majority of people get what the want and the price rises in the short term then people like myself who do not support PoS systems in any large way will have a chance to exit the system.

As much as i want emc2 to survive and grow, i still believe that technicality changes won't do much since we need to be known. This change, it's true, is only for short term gain (i hope i'm wrong). We're supposed to be a science coin, why aren't we contacting science magazines, organizations, etc. to get them involved in the coin? They're the ones that will benefit from this coin.
I really hope the switch will help emc2 but after the switch we will probably see a pump then a dump, sadly. This coin was supposed to be one of a kind, now it will become one of many without nothing to differenciate it.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:19:12 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 05:42:13 PM by mdtspain

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack that only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power which in a healthy coin ecosystem is continually growing and supported by new miners.

If that is true, then the biggest threads are the exchanges since they hold big amounts of coins.

No, the biggest problem is the posibility of a roll-back. Not only vericoin, but every coin. No retailer will ever accept a coin from where a transaction can be rolled back.

No serious investor will ever touch any coin now they know that their investment can be rolled back to block#1.

Now cryptocoins become a gamble, so all we can hope for that gamblers will risk their money.

All of this, thanks to MintPal.... their security is not how it should be. They should be the ones that should pay the theft. Now we know about the possibility of a roll back....it's a bad movie...
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:53:11 PM

If everyone wants it 2 survive so bad and all this noise why does nobody buy a coin or two lol nevermind POS

Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:02:41 PM

Hello everyone

I have been watching this thread from time to time and would love to ask few questions regarding leadership of this community and further development. I do have some amount of this coin and looking at what is going on for last couple couple of months is not promising.  Roll Eyes

So, cut to the chase:

* Is there still someone left from the original Dev crew?
* Is there any Dev (person or a team) that can work with this coin?
* Is there someone that leading this crew or it is community driven coin?
* Is there any healthy pool that have more then 100Mh(?) power? Why half or more of the pools from ANN page are not accessible?
* Who is the spokesman for the community if there is one or for orig. crew?
* Do you have organized people from orig. crew or community members for PR jobs for promoting EmC2 (Twitter, Reddit, BCT, IRC, Newsletters, Facebook, Instagram... etc)?
* Do you have any amount of money for putting bounties for jobs yet to be done (for example PR jobs) or you have team of people working in background?
* Do you have someone that is in direct contact with health and science organizations and thus promoting this coin?
* Except PoS, is there something else that is discussed for future steps in putting some volume in EmC2?
* What are future plans of this community and EmC2?

As I see that PoS subject is currently active, would like to say in that case this coin is for long haul and no daily pumps/dumps you see on other coins. So with already spread majority of coins to market there is less chance for one whale to fill his pockets and if people start staking there will be less coins to sell. Less coins to sell leads to price going up. Community must stop selling @ this low prices if it comes to PoS idea. For now, only I see is that community is dumping this coin for it self causing this prices at exchanges...

Just my 2 EmC2  Wink

Cheers
B. 
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:19:35 PM

what happened to VRC IS very questionable. First of, you can ask yourself WHY and WHY ONLY VeriCoin? As I understand MP statement, there is suspicious that attack was pointed to LTC and BTC wallets too but they have better protection (speaking as a layman), and VRC HOT wallet has more coins that should have in time and so it happened.... MP was robed. BUT is it all that happened? Maybe there is some other scam in play, we do not know?  Roll Eyes
Just saying that PoS coins are not staked on exchanges except ones that are jointly agreed by the dev team and exchange (or am I wrong?). If majority of this community want PoS, it is OK to implement it, but there is need for major marketing activity after changes and much more... Anyhow PoS IS NOT the only solution.  Wink

Cheers
B.
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:23:30 PM

If that is true, then the biggest threads are the exchanges since they hold big amounts of coins.

No, the biggest problem is the posibility of a roll-back. Not only vericoin, but every coin. No retailer will ever accept a coin from where a transaction can be rolled back.

No serious investor will ever touch any coin now they know that their investment can be rolled back to block#1.

Now cryptocoins become a gamble, so all we can hope for that gamblers will risk their money.

All of this, thanks to MintPal.... their security is not how it should be. They should be the ones that should pay the theft. Now we know about the possibility of a roll back....it's a bad movie...

agree with you mate  Wink
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:45:10 PM

FINAL ALGORITHM VOTE

Bump.

done...
Lovethecoins

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:52:54 PM

Hello everyone

I have been watching this thread from time to time and would love to ask few questions regarding leadership of this community and further development. I do have some amount of this coin and looking at what is going on for last couple couple of months is not promising.  Roll Eyes

So, cut to the chase:

* Is there still someone left from the original Dev crew?
* Is there any Dev (person or a team) that can work with this coin?
* Is there someone that leading this crew or it is community driven coin?
* Is there any healthy pool that have more then 100Mh(?) power? Why half or more of the pools from ANN page are not accessible?
* Who is the spokesman for the community if there is one or for orig. crew?
* Do you have organized people from orig. crew or community members for PR jobs for promoting EmC2 (Twitter, Reddit, BCT, IRC, Newsletters, Facebook, Instagram... etc)?
* Do you have any amount of money for putting bounties for jobs yet to be done (for example PR jobs) or you have team of people working in background?
* Do you have someone that is in direct contact with health and science organizations and thus promoting this coin?
* Except PoS, is there something else that is discussed for future steps in putting some volume in EmC2?
* What are future plans of this community and EmC2?

As I see that PoS subject is currently active, would like to say in that case this coin is for long haul and no daily pumps/dumps you see on other coins. So with already spread majority of coins to market there is less chance for one whale to fill his pockets and if people start staking there will be less coins to sell. Less coins to sell leads to price going up. Community must stop selling @ this low prices if it comes to PoS idea. For now, only I see is that community is dumping this coin for it self causing this prices at exchanges...

Just my 2 EmC2  Wink

Cheers
B. 

makishart
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1028

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:14:46 PM

only 52 voters?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:16:47 PM

Top 100 Rich List
http://coinia.net/einsteinium/getbalance.php?top=100

rich list not working... for how long?
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:50:11 AM

Top 100 Rich List
http://coinia.net/einsteinium/getbalance.php?top=100

rich list not working... for how long?

We've been having some server issues on the backend that I'm look to get resolved. If need be, I may buy and host the new servers myself.

Developing the future of crypto.
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: