Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:06:22 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 01:20:51 AM by OCTOPARTY

looks like explorer shows blocks starting with 30 and when you click a block and view the addresses it only shows up to blocks beginning with 26 and dates back to 1/4 to 1/6 time frame.

maybe the block explorer hasn't fully synced?

i emailed them to ask in case that is it. if it's not any ideas on what could cause this? i mean we need to be able to monitor current transactions for the burn. i have sent 2 octo to the burn address and 1 octo to an address in the previous block that had received 80 from mining. network sees the transactions but addresses aren't updating on block explorer and showing in address transaction lost. surely this is just a syncing issue.

someone email your octo address to kristharp78@gmail.com and i'll send you some octo and let you confirm here that you received it. i bet you will receive and it's just the block explorer.

nm. it's still syncing.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:23:08 AM

looks like explorer shows blocks starting with 30 and when you click a block and view the addresses it only shows up to blocks beginning with 26 and dates back to 1/4 to 1/6 time frame.

maybe the block explorer hasn't fully synced?

i emailed them to ask in case that is it. if it's not any ideas on what could cause this? i mean we need to be able to monitor current transactions for the burn. i have sent 2 octo to the burn address and 1 octo to an address in the previous block that had received 80 from mining. network sees the transactions but addresses aren't updating on block explorer and showing in address transaction lost. surely this is just a syncing issue.

someone email your octo address to kristharp78@gmail.com and i'll send you some octo and let you confirm here that you received it. i bet you will receive and it's just the block explorer.

nm. it's still syncing.

OOPS!!!

OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:33:49 AM

yeah i was testing the burn address and it freaked me out cuz the address wasn't showing received. i'm assuming it'll be another day before it's fully synced as far as transactions showing on all addresses. it's on about 1/8 right now.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 03:16:04 PM

https://thegrid.io/

This is a pretty interesting start-up. Their websites look pretty pimp. Maybe we should consider them instead of squarespace. it would save us money the first year because you are getting the $25/month site for $8.
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:15:24 PM

Wow hash went down to 1.68mh there so I jumped back in.  I would love to contribute to costs, but I'm tapped out for BTC at the moment so I guess its the only way I can contribute for now.  Great time for any risk takers out their to bag some Octo or just support the network. I will continue to mine until hashrate goes up anyway.

OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:47:44 PM

Wow hash went down to 1.68mh there so I jumped back in.  I would love to contribute to costs, but I'm tapped out for BTC at the moment so I guess its the only way I can contribute for now.  Great time for any risk takers out their to bag some Octo or just support the network. I will continue to mine until hashrate goes up anyway.

No problemo... not everyone can contribute BTC and everyone understands that. But we are going to reward the guys who do.

The other good thing is, if everyone that contributed likes the idea of using thegrid.io instead of squarespace, then we save a lot of money, get the same options plus 6 extra sites, can pay direct with BTC and I'll pay tonight.

I'm waiting to make sure they are comfortable with me using them instead of Squarepsace. I'm sure they won't care either way but I like to make sure that people are happy with how I spend their contributions.

I am also happy that it should help me save time when updating the site. I'll have plenty of other stuff to take care of so I want updating the website to be as simple as possible yet look as professional as possible.

Also, keep in mind if you are mining during the burn period when we start it, we would prefer you send all your Octo you mine in one transaction to keep the trans count low.

We should be announcing the burn period soon. It will probably be for 2 weeks.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:53:14 PM

http://blockexperts.com/888/address/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

burn address is showing my 2 test OCTO plus what squids prolly sent.
cabbage2014

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:16:16 PM

No problemo... not everyone can contribute BTC and everyone understands that. But we are going to reward the guys who do.

The other good thing is, if everyone that contributed likes the idea of using thegrid.io instead of squarespace, then we save a lot of money, get the same options plus 6 extra sites, can pay direct with BTC and I'll pay tonight.

I'm waiting to make sure they are comfortable with me using them instead of Squarepsace. I'm sure they won't care either way but I like to make sure that people are happy with how I spend their contributions.

I am also happy that it should help me save time when updating the site. I'll have plenty of other stuff to take care of so I want updating the website to be as simple as possible yet look as professional as possible.

Also, keep in mind if you are mining during the burn period when we start it, we would prefer you send all your Octo you mine in one transaction to keep the trans count low.

We should be announcing the burn period soon. It will probably be for 2 weeks.

Will do for sure, I may have some BTC to contribute soon all depends on some trades going through.   As for transactions have you tested single transactions over 50,000 octo very recently?(last month).  I know lifeforcepools has a warning about it being a problem and it wasn't that long ago it was put up. I would test it myself, but nervous of losing Octo:). 

OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 08:27:15 PM

I was nervous to test it also. I suppose you could just send an over 50,000 trans to another one of your own Octo addresses in the wallet. The thing is when you send a trans from one address to another address in the Octo wallet it shows the transaction as in wallet and it doesn't appear like the network sees it.

We will def test and make sure before the burn starts. And if someone tests it and things get stuck it's not like we wouldn't take care of them in the burn. We just would want it to be one person. There's no date on the warning and some people said they have sent over 50,000. I also think that people withdrawing from bittrex would've had that issue cuz some were withdrawing over 50,000. I think we are good but never hurts to double check.

And it's not like we can't afford multiple transactions from people. Robert said like 1000 trans only = .06 BTC.

It's more of a work load in dealing with more transactions than we have to.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:29:05 PM

I was nervous to test it also. I suppose you could just send an over 50,000 trans to another one of your own Octo addresses in the wallet. The thing is when you send a trans from one address to another address in the Octo wallet it shows the transaction as in wallet and it doesn't appear like the network sees it.

We will def test and make sure before the burn starts. And if someone tests it and things get stuck it's not like we wouldn't take care of them in the burn. We just would want it to be one person. There's no date on the warning and some people said they have sent over 50,000. I also think that people withdrawing from bittrex would've had that issue cuz some were withdrawing over 50,000. I think we are good but never hurts to double check.

And it's not like we can't afford multiple transactions from people. Robert said like 1000 trans only = .06 BTC.

I will be the guinea pig and send 1.2 million there tonight.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
cabbage2014

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:43:17 PM

Ok I was about to volunteer to setup second wallet and test:)  Out of interest, why send so many? Surely 60,000+ transaction would do seeing as 50,000 seems to be the cutoff point

OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:20:00 PM

Well I would say we can start the burn soon. The only reason I'm not wanting to start it this week is because between finishing up my last week at work, packing friday, family stuff saturday and driving to Florida and getting settled Sunday and Monday I'll be too busy to monitor any of this stuff.

It looks like squids burn address is good. We could start the burn on March 8th... that'll be the 1 year anniversary lol.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:30:22 PM

Ok I was about to volunteer to setup second wallet and test:)  Out of interest, why send so many? Surely 60,000+ transaction would do seeing as 50,000 seems to be the cutoff point

It really isn't an issue, I have sent just over 1 million back and forth several times over the last few weeks. I'm getting bored playing with them, want to do something constructive (yet destructive) with them.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:44:32 PM

Thanks for verifying. I understand the hurry but remember, we don't want a mess where everyone's transactions are stuck then we aren't doing a true burn.

But yeah, if it's good to go we'll start it soon. Depending on when we can monitor and record the incoming transactions. I'm not against even starting it once I arrive in Florida around and get settled in around the 3rd. I just don't want anything to go wrong for anyone and me not be available due to driving, unpacking and such. People will not have patience if Octo stuck in limbo or any other craziness goes down and someone isn't available to work it.

If anyone wants to volunteer i'm not against starting sooner. Just remember, I really won't be available much at all from Friday-Monday due to moving. I will probably be on the FoldingCoin call at 3 PM EST Sunday because I'll take a break from driving to sit in on the call over wifi.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:19:40 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 08:57:42 AM by OCTOPARTY

THE BURN HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED: FEBRUARY 24, 2015 - MARCH 8, 2015. PLEASE BURN BY 11:59 PM EST.

BURN ADDRESS: 8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

BLOCK EXPLORER: blockexperts.com/888

NOTE: DO NOT DELETE YOUR WALLET OR PRIVATE KEY. ANY DISCREPANCIES WILL REQUIRE PROOF VIA SCREENSHOT OR PHOTO OF WALLET TRANSACTIONS TAB. THANKS Smiley

888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888

The Octocoin burn will begin soon. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset. We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 1 month only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline is announced you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on this forum and on a private LTB forum. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Be aware that OCTO will be a community asset and is not associated with Octocoin 888 or it’s original developers. We as a community are choosing to leave the original, abandoned blockchain behind to participate in the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain. While we do have leadership in place that is planning the first project for the new asset, you the community will be free to use any available open-source code to build and promote your own projects in the community. However, please understand that certain projects, applications and activities will not be allowed to be promoted on official OCTO forums for legal reasons.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not send any 888 to the burn address until we have posted the link to the block explorer when it goes live. Instructions for the burn will be posted soon.

888 moving to Counterparty - OCTO

The Octocoin burn will begin soon. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset. We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 1 month only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline is announced you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on the new OCTO bitcointalk.org and letstalkbitcoin.com forums. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Be aware that OCTO will be a community asset and is not associated with Octocoin 888 or it’s original developers. We as a community are choosing to leave the original, abandoned blockchain behind to participate in the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain. While we do have leadership in place that is planning the first project for the new asset, you the community will be free to use any available open-source code to build and promote your own projects in the community. However, please understand that certain projects, applications and activities will not be allowed to be promoted on official OCTO forums for legal reasons.

Please refer to the following instructions and follow this process to burn your 888 to the new OCTO Counterparty Asset. PLEASE NOTE: Do not send any 888 to the burn address until we have posted the link to the block explorer when it goes live. The following instructions will be posted to the most recent page until the burn period begins.

Step 1 - 888 Holders please create a Counterwallet with these steps http://foldingcoin.net/counterparty-guides/#wallet

Step 2 - Send all your current 888 to a single 888 wallet that you control. If you are going to continue mining, please make sure to mine directly to that address (or if you are using a mining pool, please start to withdrawal to that address)

Step 3 - Fill out this google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form with the following information:

BTC address from your Counterwallet found in Step 1

Your 888 address with all your 888 from Step 2

The estimated total amount of 888 in your wallet from Step 2 that you will be burning in exchange for the new OCTO asset on Counterwallet (the estimated amount is for trying to get an understanding of how much 888 is going to be burned)

Step 4 - DO NOT SEND any 888 to the burn address at this time, but rather you can confirm on this document that your information is correct https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

If you do not see your address here or if the information is wrong (such as your 888 address is not the one you wish to associate  with your Counterwallet address) please contact octocoinburn@gmail.com AND rross@foldingcoin.net to resolve this issue and get your accurate address information added.

Step 5 - Once the block explorer and the burn address has been verified and working by this community, then a deadline will be announced to send the 888 from your wallet in Step 2 to the burn address to receive the new Counterparty OCTO asset. The deadline will be 1 month after the explorer and the burn address have been announced.

DO NOT SEND ANY 888 UNTIL THE BLOCK EXPLORER, THE BURN ADDRESS, AND THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED. AWAIT FOR FRAMELALIFE TO CONFIRM THAT THESE FACTORS ARE OFFICIAL AND ESTABLISHED, DO NOT TAKE THE WORD OF ANY OTHER USERNAME AT THIS TIME

Step 6 - Once Midnight on the deadline is hit, the 888 block explorer will be captured fully with the accurate information regarding the 888 wallet locations at the exact deadline time (this will then be available to the public to view). You must have sent your 888 to the burn address BEFORE the deadline has been hit. So any amount of 888 created after the burn will not be considered a valid exchange since it will be officially moved over.

Step 7 - After the block explorer has been fully captured, then 2 days will pass to allow time for any discrepancies to be established from the Octo community with the amount of OCTO they will receive. During these two days, frameLAlife and FoldingCoin (Kris and Robert) will be uploading a new column to the publically viewable google doc with the exact amount of OCTO each person will receive who sent 888 to the burn address.

Step 8 - After the 2 days have passed, then FoldingCoin will create a distribution address and send all the OCTO out to all participants who are partaking in the burn. this community needs to keep in mind, that for every 1 address receiving OCTO it will require 0.00006 BTC (this is not a service fee, but it is the cost of a Counterparty transaction). So If 1,000 people are participating in the burn, then 0.06 BTC will need to be provided to distribute the new OCTO funds.

Step 9 - OCTO will become part of the Merged Folding family and you will continue to be able to earn additional OCTO by setting up your computer to partake in folding following this step http://foldingcoin.net/windows-guides/#setup

The distribution on Merged Folding will need to have the OCTO community decide the following factors:

Total amount of OCTO to be distributed on Merged Folding

Amount per day to be distributed on Merged Folding

If there will be a half life

How often to do the distribution (daily, weekly, monthly)

Step 10 - Robert Ross will provide complete training to frameLAlife on how counterparty works, securing undistributed OCTO, Merged Folding, and anything else needed

Step 11 - Begin to rebuild the features and direction of OCTO
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:43:42 AM

888 moving to Counterparty - OCTO

The Octocoin started on February 24th, 2015 and last until March 8th at midnight. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset by sending your 888 to the following 888 address:

8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 2 weels only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline on March 8th has been hit (Mountain Time) then you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on the new OCTO bitcointalk.org and letstalkbitcoin.com forums. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Please refer to the following instructions and follow this process to burn your 888 to the new OCTO Counterparty Asset.

• Step 1 - 888 Holders please create a Counterwallet with these steps http://foldingcoin.net/counterparty-guides/#wallet

• Step 2 - Send all your current 888 to a single 888 wallet that you control. If you are going to continue mining, please make sure to mine directly to that address (or if you are using a mining pool, please start to withdrawal to that address)

• Step 3 - Fill out this google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form with the following information:

• BTC address from your Counterwallet found in Step 1

• Your 888 address with all your 888 from Step 2

• The estimated total amount of 888 in your wallet from Step 2 that you will be burning in exchange for the new OCTO asset on Counterwallet (the estimated amount is for trying to get an understanding of how much 888 is going to be burned)

• Step 4 - After confirming that your identity and correct wallet information is in this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml after filling out the form, send your 888 to the burn address:

8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

• If you do not see your address here or if the information is wrong (such as your 888 address is not the one you wish to associate  with your Counterwallet address) please contact octocoinburn@gmail.com AND rross@foldingcoin.net to resolve this issue and get your accurate address information added before burning your 888.

• Step 5 - The deadline is set to March 8th at midnight (mountain time) so make sure you burn before that time

• Step 6 - Once Midnight on the deadline is hit, the 888 block explorer will be captured fully with the accurate information regarding the 888 wallet locations at the exact deadline time (this will then be available to the public to view). You must have sent your 888 to the burn address BEFORE the deadline has been hit. So any amount of 888 created after the burn will not be considered a valid exchange since it will be officially moved over.

• Step 7 - After the block explorer has been fully captured, then 2 days will pass to allow time for any discrepancies to be established from the Octo community with the amount of OCTO they will receive.

• Step 8 - After the 2 days have passed, then FoldingCoin will create a distribution address and send all the OCTO out to all participants who are partaking in the burn. this community needs to keep in mind, that for every 1 address receiving OCTO it will require 0.00006 BTC (this is not a service fee, but it is the cost of a Counterparty transaction). So If 1,000 people are participating in the burn, then 0.06 BTC will need to be provided to distribute the new OCTO funds.

• Step 9 - OCTO will become part of the Merged Folding family and you will continue to be able to earn additional OCTO by setting up your computer to partake in folding following this step http://foldingcoin.net/windows-guides/#setup

• The distribution on Merged Folding will need to have the OCTO community decide the following factors:

• Total amount of OCTO to be distributed on Merged Folding

• Amount per day to be distributed on Merged Folding

• If there will be a half life

• How often to do the distribution (daily, weekly, monthly)

• Step 10 - Robert Ross will provide complete training to frameLAlife on how counterparty works, securing undistributed OCTO, Merged Folding, and anything else needed

• Step 11 - Begin to rebuild the features and direction of OCTO

New ANN forum for OCTO on Counterparty can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933
    [/list]

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
    FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
    OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
    February 24, 2015, 03:15:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933.0

Don't forget to keep an eye on the official OP forum as well. We may start to use this one less and less as we complete the burn.
    marcoman22

Activity: 350
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    February 24, 2015, 03:46:32 PM

Yeah we also need to focus on the official OP forum.
    OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
    February 24, 2015, 04:30:54 PM
    Last edit: February 25, 2015, 12:26:39 AM by OCTOPARTY

One contest posted for dev address in the forum body, one request for a good writer and of course raising 1.5 BTC until this saturday. Check it out over there for info on all of these things.

OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
    February 25, 2015, 12:28:50 AM

http://blockexperts.com/888/address/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX
    Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
      Print  

Jump to: