Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:46:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 05:01:20 PM

I don't think anyone has had any contact with the devs including Bittrex. And Bholzer hasn't logged on in quite some time. Who knows. Doesn't look good.

None of it makes any sense whatsoever.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 05:17:26 PM

has anyone here ever been involved with a coin that was forked and the blockchain taken over from abandoned devs? just curious.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:28:31 PM

has anyone here ever been involved with a coin that was forked and the blockchain taken over from abandoned devs? just curious.

Yes, I know of three coins that have done this. Hyperstake which forked from Truckcoin (with devs approval but still forked), silkcoin, and firecoin. Silkcoin and firecoin were both abandoned by the devs and silkcoin was/is a community takeover and firecoin was taken over by another dev altogether. I am sure there are more, but I know these ones.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

At this point, why wouldn't the developer abandon OctoCoin? I wouldn't want to make money for people that hated me either...

Regardless, I have enough Bitcoin invested in Octo that I won't leave. I'll be supportive of the developers, because they are the ones working to make us money. I'll continue to solo mine at a loss, as a backup in case the pool goes down.
cryptoxx

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:06:22 PM

I have a feeling that this community would rally behind good octocoin news, especially in the form of product releases like the ones the developers have repeatedly mentioned. I’m sure the developers know this.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:28:40 PM

i don't think most of us here "hate" the devs at all. i think we would just like a little bit more transparency and updates. i have defended them continuously despite their shortcomings in interacting with the community here.

people do have a right to be nervous about where they invest their money when the devs never post updates and show no signs of their plans being developed. there are plenty of other coins and platforms out there that do this well and their community is happy and feel their money is invested in something safe that is making progress. that is all anyone here has asked for. they have failed to provide any of this.

however, in the past when there were major issues they would show up with some posts and they did fix the last Bittrex issue, at least temporarily until this last debacle.

i have too much invested here to leave nor do i want to leave if they can hash out and release what they promised.

my only concern is that at this point many other coins and Bitcoin 2.0 platforms are doing what they promised us to begin with. they are risking getting left in the dust.

even without all of that, now you have another Bittrex issue with all of our funds on the exchange locked and no response here or to Bittrex. if anything, it's unprofessional. at most, many here are probably concerned that their money could be permanently lost.

i  personally do not worry too much. other coins have had the community and new devs spearhead a project. worst case scenario with a community this strong and 180 pages deep into this forum it's always an option to find new devs and change the direction of our investment. i don't think this will be necessary but it's nice to know that the option is there if it was abandoned.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit when all hope is lost the devs will show up and post something and at least Bittrex will be back. never say never.

i just think this is the lowest point we have had since launch and people are concerned. but since there is no evidence of any dump it just doesn't make any sense why anyone would waste time with all of this.

also, it's concerning that bholzer has not been here since all of this. many of us probably felt like that if he was invested and at least had contact with the devs that even though we don't like the interaction level from devs, that we had some form of representation from him. now we don't see that. and in some ways i don't blame him. i doubt he has much time to be on here defending something that is not his project. but you can see the concern when even he is not here with any input or update.

i mean what else can you do at this point accept sit and wait?

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:29:35 PM

I have a feeling that this community would rally behind good octocoin news, especially in the form of product releases like the ones the developers have repeatedly mentioned. I’m sure the developers know this.

i agree.

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:32:58 AM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 31st unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-888

Funny to reach that goal on a dead market.
I have all my coins over there.

Angry

lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:24:37 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 08:50:21 AM by lifeforcepools

I agree that none of this adds up. I have no idea what's going on.

I did notice that all (I think all) of the hash on the coin at the moment is coming from here:

http://ltcd.lifeforce.info/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

That seems like a very bad thing. Like, if that random pool wasn't mining this, there would be zero hash on the coin. Not good.

Why mine a coin you can't trade!!  No one in their right mind whats to spend money on Electric for nothing!!!

You raise a valid question.

A few months ago Via coin went through a fork and there's was a lot of confusion as to which fork was the right fork - in every market chaos and doubt often create opportunities for those willing to take the risk.

you asked: Why mine a coin you can't trade!!

I thought the same thing a few months ago when Via forked and everyone yanked their miners off to mine 'safe' coins but myself and a few other knew the risk of continuing to mine on a fork that we thought was the right one and we had 90% of the network hash for about 2 days. In those two days with 25 MH/s of mining power I made about 4.7 btc at about $580/btc

The same logic applies to 888 - when there's confusion and doubt the opportunity to take a risk arises. in 6 hours the other day I accumulated nearly 30,000 Octocoin - I took a risk but I have to tell you...for me and a few others it was easy pickins since everyone ran scared and network hash dropped like a rock.

As I write this response 888 Network Hash is still incredibly low network hash and there's one guy in the pool with 15Mh/s that will get over 6,000 888 in a day. Last week that same hash would have only gotten him about 1,500 888

The bottom line is this: at moments like this opportunities exist. There's a well known saying in business: Risk = Reward = Return

At the craps table you can't win unless you roll the dice so right now there's  people betting this will be sorted out and 888 will begin trading again either on Trex or somewhere else and those people will make a very handsome profit off the coins they mined so easily.

Just my humble opinion...

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 08:49:21 AM

GAMBLING!

At this point, why wouldn't the developer abandon OctoCoin? I wouldn't want to make money for people that hated me either...

Regardless, I have enough Bitcoin invested in Octo that I won't leave. I'll be supportive of the developers, because they are the ones working to make us money. I'll continue to solo mine at a loss, as a backup in case the pool goes down.

I mean, can you get any more textbook delusional? you sound like a woman who's been beaten saying: "he's a good man, he loves me, he's a good man."

You wouldn't want to make money for people who hated you either? did you forget about the 6 months of fucking sunshine and rainbows in this community? did 6 months of people falling over each other to be the nicest, most inclusive, most caring community in crypto's history elude your memory?

yeah, we're so mean. we ask too much really.  Roll Eyes

and

dude, you've been advocating the path of no resistance since the beginning. it's your call, but i say there's no longer a place for it. you literally just wrote a paragraph on how "it's no big deal" and "this is just a little hiccup" when we're on the verge of being delisted from the one exchange we're on, the devs and anyone who's claimed to know the devs have VANISHED.

if anyone is interested in "gambling" then please PM me with an offer for an amount of octocoins, i have a bunch. you never know!! you could strike it rich! 888 is a lucky number! the devs are probably right around the corner with a big update for us right! i mean that "wouldn't surprise me in the least" right FrameLA? shit you could quadruple your money even! pm me today!

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
lifeforcepools

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:52:45 AM

Delusional - LOL

We are all delusional - I submit to you that we spend money on machines that acquire something that is intangible, has no asset backing it up and is virtual in nature.

I'd say that's gambling.

LOL   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:01:02 AM

How about this:

I'll pony up .25 btc into a fund and if we can get other to pony up an amount totaling 1 btc or a little more then I'm sure we can hire a dev to take the code and get it straightened out and have the community or at least a small group who like the coin take control.

this is assuming that a problem does indeed exist that needs to be fixed

I've worked with a number of devs and most want about $30/hour for their work. so 1 btc or a little more should more than cover the potential cost to cure.

just a thought.

I personally have always liked the coin.

this way - there's no need for the original devs any more who have seemed to gone awol anyway.

we fix he problem - fork the coin with new nodes and problem solved with no reliance or need for anything from the original devs.

become the master of your destiny

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
th0ms0n

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:01:30 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 10:12:55 AM by th0ms0n

I'd say we wait a little longer. I mean, without the promised services this coin is virtually worthless. There's nothing special about it and a few hours development won't change a thing about that.
I will go down with this ship...

Of course, I won't invest a penny in octocoin from now on, but as long as the nodes are alive and bholzer hasn't shown up, there's still some hope. (after all he's responsible for murraycoin as well, very unlikely he will be lost forever)
Also, "$whois octohub.org", Alliance of Angels... who knows..
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:07:41 PM

Is there a way we can merge all these abandoned coins into one coin called ORPhan coin?

Grin
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 01:42:24 PM

GAMBLING!

I mean, can you get any more textbook delusional? you sound like a woman who's been beaten saying: "he's a good man, he loves me, he's a good man."

You wouldn't want to make money for people who hated you either? did you forget about the 6 months of fucking sunshine and rainbows in this community? did 6 months of people falling over each other to be the nicest, most inclusive, most caring community in crypto's history elude your memory?

yeah, we're so mean. we ask too much really.  Roll Eyes

and

dude, you've been advocating the path of no resistance since the beginning. it's your call, but i say there's no longer a place for it. you literally just wrote a paragraph on how "it's no big deal" and "this is just a little hiccup" when we're on the verge of being delisted from the one exchange we're on, the devs and anyone who's claimed to know the devs have VANISHED.

if anyone is interested in "gambling" then please PM me with an offer for an amount of octocoins, i have a bunch. you never know!! you could strike it rich! 888 is a lucky number! the devs are probably right around the corner with a big update for us right! i mean that "wouldn't surprise me in the least" right FrameLA? shit you could quadruple your money even! pm me today!

you can continue to bash me all you want. i am also pretty sure at one point people have offered to buy Octo from anyone who wanted out. Bholzer called you on that and you did not oblige? right? now that it's risking delisting you want out?

all i'm saying is that i have no choice. you sit and wait and see what happens. they may not come back. it may very well be dead. to me that would suck and mean i lost some $$$ based on some bs. but at the end of the day, you never know.

if you want to offload your Octo, you pm me a number. i'm not playing some stupid game with your ass.

i'm also not delusional. i know it could very well be over.

i also know that the devs could show back up, someone could fork it and take it over, someone could totally rename and start something. there's nothing you can do with these coins at this point except sell to another buyer off of an exchange which i'm not going to do. cuz as soon as you do, these fools might show back up.

why the fuck do you feel the need to frame it where i look like i'm sucking the devs dicks. i have called both sides. i have stated everything that they have done that's fucked up.

why the fuck do you feel the need to keep calling me out? you got issues dude. we obviously don't agree or have the same thought process so how bout you stfu and stop dropping my name everytime you have something to say. i don't sit here and have DJSlick in every other post. so fucking annoying.

LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:50:16 PM

Hi there,

Bittrex trading is still disabled and the community on Bitcointalk is more than nervous about the coin. Could you at least drop a line on the forum regarding the current situation?

Greetings

I've sent this e-mail 2 days ago, 3 days ago and 4 days ago...no reply. I'm really pissed!  Angry

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

How about this:

I'll pony up .25 btc into a fund and if we can get other to pony up an amount totaling 1 btc or a little more then I'm sure we can hire a dev to take the code and get it straightened out and have the community or at least a small group who like the coin take control.

this is assuming that a problem does indeed exist that needs to be fixed

I've worked with a number of devs and most want about $30/hour for their work. so 1 btc or a little more should more than cover the potential cost to cure.

just a thought.

I personally have always liked the coin.

this way - there's no need for the original devs any more who have seemed to gone awol anyway.

we fix he problem - fork the coin with new nodes and problem solved with no reliance or need for anything from the original devs.

become the master of your destiny

I agree. I think too many people here have too much time invested and money invested to just let it die.

Raising $$$ for a new dev wouldn't be the issue I don't think. I think where to take the coin would be. At this point you couldn't even use the Octo name or brand probably, so unless you named it Eight or totally changed up the makeup of the code, what would you do? The 8 applications they were promising honestly now aren't special compared to what other coins and Bitcoin 2.0 platforms are doing.

I mean what could we change it to that would mean anything or potentially give it value? That's the question.

And if we do this how many are sticking around to get that coin going?

Lots of questions we'd have to answer first and get an idea of what direction to take. But it's definitely possible and if done right maybe it would help recover what we have put into it or if it's something great even make profit.

Also, what happens when we raise the Bitcoin, find a trustworthy, decent dev that can do soemthing and we start to take it over? Will Octo dev/s all of a sudden show up and try to stop it? If it's already done will we face attacks to the new fork for jacking their shit?

I'll have to wait and see how many people would be interested in doing something like this. But if there's interest i'd be down.

Interesting to see what everyone's thoughts on this is.

Anyone know any trustworthy, decent devs that can bring something to the table?

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 01:54:58 PM

Hi there,

Bittrex trading is still disabled and the community on Bitcointalk is more than nervous about the coin. Could you at least drop a line on the forum regarding the current situation?

Greetings

I've sent this e-mail 2 days ago, 3 days ago and 4 days ago...no reply. I'm really pissed!  Angry

Don't blame ya. It could be the end of these devs. We will soon see if it's delisted.

*smiling babies *rainbows *fairy dust *Octopus's with floating furry hearts *all my posts include these things evidentally

BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:39:31 PM

I've been sitting on an idea for a coin for quite some time. I'd rather not go into details on btctalk (because there's nothing stopping a dev from taking the idea and running with it for their own coin) but would probably be up for discussing it over skype. I'll also have to write up all of my ideas into note form, I've discussed them extensively with the other members of the 'council' and am reasonably sure it'd be viable, however it requires more expertise in coin and website creation than I have to actually make it happen.

I'd also rather wait until the coin is DEAD rather than just in an unresponsive coma (just in case the devs are actually still doing stuff), meaning if nothing has happened by, say, mid-November I'd be up for tabling my idea. (or whenever the life support is switched off).

I well aware that this is cryptic (but hey that's why we're all here right?) but like I said I'd rather keep the idea under wraps until there's a real chance of it moving forward.

I'd also be up for hearing of any ideas others have.

If you REALLY want to know and think you can contribute the skills you can drop me a PM and I'll try to give you an outline of the idea.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:20:45 PM

I've been sitting on an idea for a coin for quite some time. I'd rather not go into details on btctalk (because there's nothing stopping a dev from taking the idea and running with it for their own coin) but would probably be up for discussing it over skype. I'll also have to write up all of my ideas into note form, I've discussed them extensively with the other members of the 'council' and am reasonably sure it'd be viable, however it requires more expertise in coin and website creation than I have to actually make it happen.

I'd also rather wait until the coin is DEAD rather than just in an unresponsive coma (just in case the devs are actually still doing stuff), meaning if nothing has happened by, say, mid-November I'd be up for tabling my idea. (or whenever the life support is switched off).

I well aware that this is cryptic (but hey that's why we're all here right?) but like I said I'd rather keep the idea under wraps until there's a real chance of it moving forward.

I'd also be up for hearing of any ideas others have.

If you REALLY want to know and think you can contribute the skills you can drop me a PM and I'll try to give you an outline of the idea.

anyone you talk with about any of your ideas you should have sign a release form first.

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: