Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:59:33 PM

this place is like a soap opera. lol

I'm still here from the beginning, and m available to help with the coin, but probably don't have the skillsets needed.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 03:14:11 AM

so this wont get live unless new devs come?

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:19:28 AM

Dudes, enough bitchin and moaning. Let's get this back up and running again. How can I help???
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:57:51 AM

Also,

next time you're having a planning meeting with edric, ask him who exactly it was gave him 24 hours mining proceeds (10k Octo back then) without asking for anything in return to prove that his pool payouts were on a parity with FusionHash and to help him out of his negative balance hole.  I guess that counts for fuck all in the new dog eat dog Octo forum.

And since you're such an honest upstanding individual it would be a nice gesture if you'd agree to match the 100k Octo I donated to the kids charity in here.  In the meantime I'll just keep buying it back on Xnigma shall I.
[/quote]

So u would rather just declare this coin dead or? At least some people are trying to come up with a plan for it to try and survive, where are UR ideas?
[/quote]

I'm the ONLY person BUYING the coin at the moment.  I didn't say I had all the ideas either.  I did like the idea of the COMMUNITY gathering together to make something of it.  I don't like the idea of an individual doing so.  Clearly you all do and I'm a lone voice against repeating past mistakes so I guess I'll just STFU.  Message understood.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:55:53 PM

you damn right i did...

when everyone else runs for the hills - people will balls take a risk...

jesus - you must have voted for Obama for sure....

risk reward and return go hand in hand - I hate people who think taking a risk is some how wrong. Your damn right I told them to mine the hell out of this coin - when the pussies retreat the men with balls move to the front.

personally it sounds to me like you're jealous who did not avail yourself of the opportunity - I want the people who mine in my pools to have every advantage they can.

and I'll be willing to lay odds that's you're the first person to dump after the wallet is unfrozen on Bittrex...

and as far as I know you're the only person around with enough coins to engineer a pump and dump

LOL

LOL indeed.  Your arrogance is astounding but sadly not unexpected.

You do realise that in the "rest" of the world we don't get a vote on your "world" leader?  Instead we get to vote on our own insignificant little local political candidates.

You're damn right I'm the first to dump on Bittrex.  Why the fuck would I not now its been made very clear that there's no longer a community here worth fighting for and it's every man for himself?

Also,

next time you're having a planning meeting with edric, ask him who exactly it was gave him 24 hours mining proceeds (10k Octo back then) without asking for anything in return to prove that his pool payouts were on a parity with FusionHash and to help him out of his negative balance hole.  I guess that counts for fuck all in the new dog eat dog Octo forum.

And since you're such an honest upstanding individual it would be a nice gesture if you'd agree to match the 100k Octo I donated to the kids charity in here.  In the meantime I'll just keep buying it back on Xnigma shall I.

well - that makes two of us who have given him something without asking for anything in return - right?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:56:50 PM

Yeah here too, thanks to those of u working for octocoin to stay alive Smiley

thank you!

Smiley

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 08:20:22 AM

squidsin is a little emotional, as we all are, but with good reason.

squidsin has a very good point, lifeforce deciding to take over had nothing to do with the community. this was another backroom shady deal. (allegedly)

lifeforce it's on you.

and it's all back to us trusting the word of one person. someone who also i don't think has posted in this thread further back than a couple weeks ago.

we don't accept lip service anymore, you're a stranger to us, and you're telling us to trust you, when once more we've seen zero proof. edric has posted once in like 3 months. He's said nothing about agreeing to step up and take the reigns. and he's not exactly a shy person.

facts are facts. lifeforce if you're a shrewd businessman, i suggest you see things from our point of view.

right now, i have no idea who you are, and you're claiming to know things about the coin that no one else can corroborate, we've been down this road before.

also, who said that they were going to fix the coin last sunday? is the coin fixed? lol.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:03:57 AM

squidsin is a little emotional, as we all are, but with good reason.

squidsin has a very good point, lifeforce deciding to take over had nothing to do with the community. this was another backroom shady deal. (allegedly)

lifeforce it's on you.

and it's all back to us trusting the word of one person. someone who also i don't think has posted in this thread further back than a couple weeks ago.

we don't accept lip service anymore, you're a stranger to us, and you're telling us to trust you, when once more we've seen zero proof. edric has posted once in like 3 months. He's said nothing about agreeing to step up and take the reigns. and he's not exactly a shy person.

facts are facts. lifeforce if you're a shrewd businessman, i suggest you see things from our point of view.

right now, i have no idea who you are, and you're claiming to know things about the coin that no one else can corroborate, we've been down this road before.

also, who said that they were going to fix the coin last sunday? is the coin fixed? lol.

I asked Mark to fix the coin,but somebody say that he will do some experiment with octo,and I stop all that.Becouse of that wallet isnt fixed on Sunday.

Regards to all

smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:11:12 AM

same shit different day/coin huh?
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:50:36 AM

I offered to fix the OctoCoin and get it working.  The offer was rejected as somebody else is already working on it, the community seems a bit divided as to what's happening.

As I understand it, lifeforcepools has taken charge of Octo on behalf of the community, and Edric is working on a fix or new version of the coin.

Good luck.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:30:41 AM

I offered to fix the OctoCoin and get it working.  The offer was rejected as somebody else is already working on it, the community seems a bit divided as to what's happening.

As I understand it, lifeforcepools has taken charge of Octo on behalf of the community, and Edric is working on a fix or new version of the coin.

Good luck.

I have not taken charge - let's clarify that. I merely took some initiative and decided to pay Edric out of my pocket to fix the problem and the community at large can accept Edric's Version of a new new fixed wallet or reject it.

it's as simple as that.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 12:04:59 PM

Good luck.

I have not taken charge - let's clarify that. I merely took some initiative and decided to pay Edric out of my pocket to fix the problem and the community at large can accept Edric's Version of a new new fixed wallet or reject it.

it's as simple as that.

if that's true, why hasn't edric posted? and why would you purposefully ask him not to post?

with a coin that's on life support because no information was ever posted, there's nothing to be gained by continuing this course of action. you wanna be the mouthpiece for edric? sorry, but none of us have ever seen you in this forum before 2 weeks ago, and none of us have read Edric mentioning your name, or any involvement in resuscitating the coin. you have to earn trust around here, and invisible proclamations with zero evidence is not going to help.

i was onboard with whoever wanted to help the coin. and still am. but this isn't fixing anything, this is more of what broke it. also for the record we never agreed to have experimental features designed for another coin beta tested on our coin. and none of us voted for lifeforcepools to even take control like this. infact, the other 2 members came forth to the community asking us if we wanted their help. only lifeforce took control without anyone's consent.

if i could ask ANYONE that wants to fix this coin come forth, and tell the community what your plans are, your timeline, past experience, etc. and let us vote based on informed decisions. this was all about taking back the coin. and i hope that whoever fixes it will represent the community.

meinstein

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:33:32 PM

if that's true, why hasn't edric posted? and why would you purposefully ask him not to post?

Simple answer..

Any time spent here, answering question after question, and accusation after accusation, is a distraction, and would be time spent away from fixing the real issue.

Would you rather have someone here wasting their time, or fixing the real technical issues with the coin?
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:38:37 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 04:14:49 PM by lifeforcepools

"if that's true, why hasn't edric posted? and why would you purposefully ask him not to post?"

there is a secret consortium of people who intend to pump this coin up to 25 btc and entice you to buy them all then dump and leave you holding all the coins - we're all conspiring against you....

seriously - ask Edward Snowden - he's in on it too along with the NSA. They've targeted this coin and you in particular. It's a grand conspiracy the likes that have never been seen before on planet earth or in the solar system!

re: Edric why don't you ask him?  - in case you can't find the Private Message button someone here may be able to help...

LOL

chew a lude dude...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:17:34 PM

Simple answer..

Any time spent here, answering question after question, and accusation after accusation, is a distraction, and would be time spent away from fixing the real issue.

Would you rather have someone here wasting their time, or fixing the real technical issues with the coin?

exactly - why should be get caught up in all this bullshit?

poor guy is just doing what I asked him - and he's he smart one - staying clear of all this : LOL

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

http://youtu.be/8RWMyotqjUY?t=25s

Nuff said...  Roll Eyes

btw: a working wallet or blockchain would be decent.

/continue with the Soap-opera

GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 10:56:07 PM

http://youtu.be/8RWMyotqjUY?t=25s

Nuff said...  Roll Eyes

btw: a working wallet or blockchain would be decent.

/continue with the Soap-opera

The wallet and the blockchain both work fine. The only problem has been Bittrex has double-paid a withdrawal twice in all of the months that it has been traded there, so they believe it is a wallet issue (it couldn't possibly be something on their end  Tongue ), so they shut the wallet down on their exchange. Being that is the number one place to trade 888, the wallet is being updated to, basically, humor them and get trading resumed.

The code is almost identical to another well known coin, except for a couple of minor tweaks. I have been through the 888 code, I can't see anything that would cause the issue that Bittrex is describing. That being said, it would be easy to make a carbon-copy of the other coin (which has had no problems on Bittrex) to satisfy them. Then if another issue arises, it would have to be on Bittrex end... at least in theory.  Wink

As far as the future of 888 goes, there has been discussion amongst various community members in PM as to what direction the coin should take once the client is updated. I have seen many good ideas floated about. If the dev(s) are abandoning OctoCoin, then the community has no other choice than to move forward and find their own uses for 888. There are many things to consider...

Will FusionHash continue to host the website and block explorer if the original dev(s) are not involved? If not, then the community needs to secure a domain name for a new website. The community will also need to either set up a new block explorer or pay someone to do it.

The seed nodes for OctoCoin are hosted on fusionhash.com and octocoin.org. If those seed nodes are taken down, the wallet will have a hard time syncing. New seed nodes (with an immediate wallet update) will need to be set up, so that the network can continue to function properly.

There are many other items that I could add (promotions and future development, mainly) that will need to be tackled in the future. Once we are trading at Bittrex (or somewhere else with decent volume), again, then we will need to start working on those.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 11:09:58 PM

lol i love how full-circle we've come in such a short amount of time. i remember a couple months ago when people were jumping on me for pointing out how we have zero proof that octocoin is anything other than a shitty website and a block explorer.

when even the best and brightest in this community told me that "obviously, they weren't posting here, because they're too busy working and keeping their head down." I'd ask reasonable questions and strangers would just tell me: "shhh, be quiet, you're being unreasonable, they're obviously working on it, you don't need a shred of proof that any of this is real, go back to sleep."

and now the same thing is happening again. gotta love crypto! where people are jealous of a goldfish's memory.

does anyone else remember seeing lifeforcepools name pop up in this forum earlier than 2 weeks ago? funny, i've been here since day one, as many of you have, and i've never seen this guy post once. now he takes control, tells me to fuck off for "asking too many questions",  and can't provide ANYTHING to corroborate his story.

full-circle.

it's funny, if lifeforcepools was really paying edric, and one of us asked him to get edric to post ONCE to corroborate his story, you'd think that the response would be: "yeah sure thing, that takes almost zero effort, and it would show that i'm a real investor who's taking this coin seriously". instead i get: "seriously - ask Edward Snowden - he's in on it too along with the NSA. They've targeted this coin and you in particular. It's a grand conspiracy the likes that have never been seen before on planet earth or in the solar system!"

hmmmmm... now i somehow look like a fool for asking a perfectly reasonable question, well done! doesn't exactly sound like a shining light of transparency however, let alone a professional. yet somehow I'm the bad guy for asking a totally reasonable question, deflecting any questions of legitimacy back onto me. next thing you'll know i'll hate the troops, and hate freedom. watch out, this guy think's he's slick.

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

Gwcalvert, while i appreciate the run-down of things we have to consider, and it is a very good list, why exactly is this being discussed in PMs?  can you please push for things to be discussed openly on this board? either that or add me to the mailing list lol. i think it'd be easier and more transparent (the problems we're facing against in light of recent events) if the direction this coin was taking was kept public.

GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 02:25:27 AM

Gwcalvert, while i appreciate the run-down of things we have to consider, and it is a very good list, why exactly is this being discussed in PMs?  can you please push for things to be discussed openly on this board? either that or add me to the mailing list lol. i think it'd be easier and more transparent (the problems we're facing against in light of recent events) if the direction this coin was taking was kept public.

I think that why this is being discussed in PM is that people are just bouncing ideas off one another. There is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding OctoCoin. Until there is a client that is acceptable by Bittrex, or we get accepted by another exchange with some decent volume, any future planning for 888 is just pissing in the wind.

If you want to be "in the know", just PM someone who has been around for a while and see what they are thinking. Bounce a few ideas off of them and see where this ends up. There is no "mailing list". It's just a few long-term community members bouncing ideas around. Nothing sinister, just ideas, for now.

There are some who are still holding out hope that the dev(s) will return... or they are looking to get on BHolzers "insiders" list, Either way, I believe that the time has passed for them and that the community is where the future of OctoCoin will be found.

Personally, I believe there should be a new thread opened to discuss the future of OctoCoin. This would make any ideas open for discussion by the community at large. With everything in the open, there would be people who would see ideas by others and add to them... making a good idea, a great one. Community interaction and discussion, in a civil manner, will lead to a bigger and better OctoCoin.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: