Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 09:42:10 AM

we have millions of lines of code we have written that we are anxious to unleash.

Thank you all for your continued support and dedication.

millions of lines of code? million... plural? so at least 2 MILLION lines of code? are you being facetious?

is this supposed to fly over most people's heads by design?

you know that the Unreal Engine 3 *plus the editor* are about 2 million lines of code combined right?

so are we to assume that you're launching something more impressive than the platform that almost all AAA videogames have been built on in the last decade?

and then there's the logistics, where you have a team of 6, and in 6 months you've written 2+ million lines of code, that's 1826 lines of code, per person, everyday for the last 6 months.

i hate playing the bad guy here, but you're pissing away possibly the best group i've ever seen in crypto, that's not even a shame, it's just bad business.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
richibichi

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:31:23 AM

Thank you very much for the update Smiley
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 05:37:41 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 09:03:57 PM by bholzer

we have millions of lines of code we have written that we are anxious to unleash.

millions of lines of code? million... plural? so at least 2 MILLION lines of code? are you being facetious?

you know that the Unreal Engine 3 *plus the editor* are about 2 million lines of code combined right?

so are we to assume that you're launching something more impressive than the platform that almost all AAA videogames have been built on in the last decade?

and then there's the logistics, where you have a team of 6, and in 6 months you've written 2+ million lines of code, that's 1826 lines of code, per person, everyday for the last 6 months.

i hate playing the bad guy here, but you're pissing away possibly the best group i've ever seen in crypto, that's not even a shame, it's just bad business.

Lines of code add up pretty quickly - I doubt every single line of code is hand written by the devs. You have frameworks for multiple languages, open source projects, etc. I don't know much about the Unreal 3 engine... but talk about apples and oranges (game engines are typically, by design, quite light). Google Chrome is 6 million lines of code alone. The MySQL database engine is 13+ million lines of code. Healthcare.gov is around 500 million lines of code. My company's product is millions of lines of code. I understand you unloaded all of your coins and you are fed up with the delays but that doesn't give you the right to come in here acting like a clueless asshole. The fact that the devs still post at all 6 months after launch makes them more committed than 99% of other coins devs. Nobody blames you for getting impatient (completely understandable) but this is just getting ridiculous, man.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 05:58:02 PM

<<< holding  Cool Cool Cool

<<< never dumping  Tongue Tongue Tongue

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
th0ms0n

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:15:30 PM

Lines of code add up pretty quickly - I doubt every single line of code is hand written by the devs. You have frameworks for multiple languages, open source projects, etc. I don't know much about the Unreal 3 engine but talk about apples and oranges (game engines are quite light). Google Chrome is 6 million lines of code alone. The MySQL database engine is 13+ million lines of code. Healthcare.gov is around 500 million lines of code. My company's product is millions of lines of code. I understand you unloaded all of your coins and you are fed up with the delays but that doesn't give you the right to come in here acting like a clueless asshole. The fact that the dev still posts at all 6 months after launch makes them more committed than 99% of other coins devs. Nobody blames you for getting impatient (completely understandable) but this is just getting ridiculous, man.

Every good relationship needs some beef now and then, but can you guys please drop the morale when I have some huge buy orders placed?  Grin
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 09:21:38 PM

when did i say that i dumped all of my coins? what incentive would i have to come in here and bitch about something that i have no stake in?

i think what differentiates me from a lot on here is that i AM willing to speak up for what i believe in, no matter who i offend. apologists like you saying things like: "we should be so lucky that they even come here to post at all, most other coins after 6 months don't have that" is pathetic.

you want this coin to succeed? stop apologizing for the devs. i'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, they say they'll deliver X, then they don't. and some of you seem contented to just let it slide over and over.

LOL, talk about having little faith in a developer, is it too much to expect that they can keep THEIR OWN SCHEDULE? "hey guys, we're going to communicate more, release some projects, and make a big splash within 2 weeks" - 1 month ago.

"hey guys, we're making some aquisitions, putting out some fires, shifting some paradigms, revolutionizing outside the box, writing millions of lines of code, that's all bye!"

instead, you get mad at ME for internalizing "writing millions of lines of code" as "they've actually written millions of lines of code", and not "they've appropriated millions of lines of code from other libraries". think you're missing the point much?

i'm no longer swayed by their PR copy, it's purposefully ambiguous, and whenever they get backed into the corner of actually having to release something, they just ignore it. happened multiple times so far, and everyone's given them a pass. what a nice kind and tightly-knit community! letting them disappoint without any backlash, you must all be really scared for your investment if you're not willing to call bullshit bullshit.

So far i see 2 sites, octocoin and octohub, 1 has less info than the OP of an ANN thread, and the other is just a bunch of graphics that are spinning in a circle. am i wrong? is there something else i'm missing? this is the sum total of what we have from them. i say "them" when in reality, have we seen any indication of this? "they" said that octocoin was launched with the whole team in zero-G on a parabolic flight, such a claim! you'd think that they'd have some sort of epic photograph demonstrating their camaraderie, no? I mean it is kinda weird when outrageous claims are made over and over and over without ANYTHING to back them up.

why is it that EVERY single time they've had a chance to show us what's up, all we get is more lip service, more smoke and mirrors. all that's tangible from them in 6 months is a 2 minimal info-graphic websites that look like they're made by 1 person, so far that's all i can see this operation is.

care to prove me wrong?

bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 10:25:18 PM

when did i say that i dumped all of my coins? what incentive would i have to come in here and bitch about something that i have no stake in?

i think what differentiates me from a lot on here is that i AM willing to speak up for what i believe in, no matter who i offend. apologists like you saying things like: "we should be so lucky that they even come here to post at all, most other coins after 6 months don't have that" is pathetic.

you want this coin to succeed? stop apologizing for the devs. i'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, they say they'll deliver X, then they don't. and some of you seem contented to just let it slide over and over.

LOL, talk about having little faith in a developer, is it too much to expect that they can keep THEIR OWN SCHEDULE? "hey guys, we're going to communicate more, release some projects, and make a big splash within 2 weeks" - 1 month ago.

"hey guys, we're making some aquisitions, putting out some fires, shifting some paradigms, revolutionizing outside the box, writing millions of lines of code, that's all bye!"

instead, you get mad at ME for internalizing "writing millions of lines of code" as "they've actually written millions of lines of code", and not "they've appropriated millions of lines of code from other libraries". think you're missing the point much?

i'm no longer swayed by their PR copy, it's purposefully ambiguous, and whenever they get backed into the corner of actually having to release something, they just ignore it. happened multiple times so far, and everyone's given them a pass. what a nice kind and tightly-knit community! letting them disappoint without any backlash, you must all be really scared for your investment if you're not willing to call bullshit bullshit.

So far i see 2 sites, octocoin and octohub, 1 has less info than the OP of an ANN thread, and the other is just a bunch of graphics that are spinning in a circle. am i wrong? is there something else i'm missing? this is the sum total of what we have from them. i say "them" when in reality, have we seen any indication of this? "they" said that octocoin was launched with the whole team in zero-G on a parabolic flight, such a claim! you'd think that they'd have some sort of epic photograph demonstrating their camaraderie, no? I mean it is kinda weird when outrageous claims are made over and over and over without ANYTHING to back them up.

why is it that EVERY single time they've had a chance to show us what's up, all we get is more lip service, more smoke and mirrors. all that's tangible from them in 6 months is a 2 minimal info-graphic websites that look like they're made by 1 person, so far that's all i can see this operation is.

care to prove me wrong?
Pulling the fire alarm and spreading negativity certainly isn't the correct action to take if you are invested - based on your recent posts, I guess I just assumed you had exited your position.

I understand you are frustrated with the delays but the devs have even stated the release of Postgresql 9.4 being delayed was one thing holding them back. Major projects are delayed all the time and nobody knows this better than myself. It sucks! These guys face a gargantuan uphill battle now that the entire altcoin market is depressed and the community is frustrated; no denying that. I'm in a similar boat with Murraycoin - most people are here to make a quick buck and nobody likes waiting around for things to happen. The unfortunate aspect of software development these days is the unlimited number of variables and relying on open source projects to hit their ETA only further complicates the accuracy of a timeline. If there is one thing we know for certain it's that these guys don't really respond to negativity; they have a job to do and while I'm sure it's frustrating to them when the community is disappointed the only real solution is to deliver what they have promised. People want them in here hanging out and posting status updates constantly but I'd rather have them dedicating their time to development at this stage. I'm not trying to make excuses for these guys but I'm simply not losing sleep over it. As a developer myself, I know what is constructive and what isn't and creating a big panic hoping that the devs will hurry everything up just to prove you wrong is not constructive. I understand the thought process... but I'm telling you... it doesn't work that way.

You talk about lines of code like you are an expert... but I'm here to tell you... lines of code add up quite fast. Perhaps if they went through all of their code and deleted all references to frameworks, databases, etc and got a line count it would be under millions. Either way, the lines of code argument is pretty weak. Fault them for missing deadlines - I agree they shouldn't give an ETA, miss it, and not explain the situation. That isn't great for community confidence and clearly creates a divide. Keep in mind these guys are software developers and they have not begun doing any marketing. Altcoin people are like cats on a hot tin roof and developers coming from other worlds have no idea what they're getting into. Most developers are used to quietly developing, giving progress updates to their managers, and plugging along until projects are completed. In the altcoin world, that luxury doesn't exist. It's 99% scams, 99% unskilled/lazy developers, and it's all about getting the coin on an exchange so it can be dumped and everyone can move onto the next scam. The altcoin world is pretty seedy and it's not getting better - the best thing these guys could do is separate themselves from it somehow. The only way to really do that is to deliver unique, high-quality products and services.

You act like these guys haven't done anything... but remember when everybody had written them off (including you) when there was the bonus block exploit? It took them a while to release the updated client... everyone was sure they just vanished... people panicked for days. Then suddenly they deliver a completely revamped wallet, the first scrypt coin successfully built on the Bitcoin Core 9.x code, with some slick new styling and a fork to correct the bonus block issue that transitioned flawlessly. Sure they could have just tossed out a half-assed wallet built on the Litecoin source and probably gotten it to market a few days sooner... but they went the extra mile because that's the precedent they wanted to set.

This development team obviously put considerable time into the branding, they forked the code based on community feedback when there was the bonus block exploit, registered SSL certificates on 2 domains, retained their entire premine. If they had no intentions of doing anything with those websites why bother spending the extra $200 on SSL certificates? Not saying it's a big deal... but at least it's one minor detail that instantly puts them in exclusive company when we're talking about altcoin devs. I'm guessing the "CrackCoin" developer didn't buy an SSL certificate. They have divulged portions of their plans... and if they aren't ready, they aren't ready. As elusive as they may be, they're at least consistent. You act like these guys owe you something - why? Thus far, they've gotten nothing out of this. I believe you're putting way too much importance on what they need to do to impress you... but I'm in the camp where the only thing that's going to impress me is when they deliver some quality products and services. You don't want lip service... but you want them to keep posting. If their products aren't ready for market yet there is really no pleasing you. Everywhere along the way, everything I have seen, these guys have demonstrated attention to detail. They have multiple dedicated nodes around the world and, to my knowledge, none of them have had any downtime since launch. Yeah the website is fluff - right now it's probably not worth maintaining until they are ready. I'm working on releasing the new Murraycoin website but until it's ready I have the same boring website up I launched with - it gets the job done.

Perhaps it's easier for me to give them the benefit of the doubt when I've met a couple of these guys and also communicated with members of their team a couple times on conference calls. From my perspective, panic seems absolutely ludicrous. If I were in your position, I could absolutely see myself feeling the same way you do. The bottom line is that if you've been in it for this long why not stick around, relax, and see what happens? If the entire development team died in a plane crash and the community had to take over, we'd still be further ahead than 99% of the other coins. Most coins don't even have the hope of great things to come.

While they have missed their ETAs on various items and have yet to deliver "the goods" we've all been anxiously waiting for... the value has remained relatively stable (compared to all other altcoins, it has remained the most stable since launch) and the basics of the coin itself are sound. OctoCoin has attracted a high caliber community that has stuck together longer than any other during this time span and that alone should count for something. Look at some of the coins Bittrex has added just in the past week:

SativaCoin
OpalCoin
MidasCoin
SterlingCoin
RosCoin
DarkToken
RedOakCoin
DeepCoin
CrackCoin
GlobalBoost-Y

Not to knock on Bittrex because I do enjoy using their exchange and understand they just want to turn a profit... but at this point altcoins are being made a mockery of! SativaCoin?! CrackCoin?! The same people keep churning out the same crap with a new name using the exact same formula and it's been slowly killing altcoins over the past year. The funds are being diluted between all of this crap and it funnels out of the market into the pockets of these devs that continue cranking this stuff out. We know we have something special here in 888 and it's more important than ever to stick together. I've lost interest in altcoins outside of my own coin and OctoCoin and I'm riding them to the finish line.

I'm not interesting in seeking out the pump-and-dump of the week (I'm simply not that desperate nor is it worth my time). I'm not here to "prove you wrong" but I just don't understand your motivation. Why be a jerk? If you don't like what you see then you are free to leave. You're intent on rallying together a mob for a mutiny out of frustration but that does absolutely nothing to move things forward. It's not like people that have recently discovered 888 are going to come check out this thread, see your huge negative rants, and decide to join this community and support this coin. I've found no need to call "bullshit" - I buckled up and I've been along for the ride since day one. Are they over-the-top and elusive? Yes! I think it's awesome! I'm heavily invested in OctoCoin so of course your mental breakdowns frustrate me. PM me and I'll buy everything you have at the current sell price on Bittrex. If you want out that's fine but there is no need to make a big scene. Nobody would blame you for losing your patience as it's completely reasonable. However, there are so many elements here that set OctoCoin apart from everything else that I've stuck around. I've been in this market a while (longer than most) and I know what to look for. I've found it.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:48:00 PM

care to prove me wrong?

+10000000
I agree with djslick, completely unprofessional and at this point untrustworthy.  thats nice for you bholzer with your inside knowledge, but as someone previously said, all it is is a rumour to us (not saying your untrustworthy, but other then you word, there is nothing to back it up)

And the alt coin community as a whole, should be expecting more from developers.  Having shit developers and then saying at least they are better then another coin doesn't change the fact they are a shit developers and makes no excuses for their actions.  Simple action, project is delayed, tell the community that its delayed and with new eta, now if they can't make that new ETA, all they need to tell the community that it won't be done on time and when the new ETA is. making timelines and then doing sweet fuck all makes them a shit developer

<edit> and I know they isn't currently an ETA on murraycoin, but you have been very proactive and the community understands the issues, thats what I wanted to see here
noneclick

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:36:04 PM

care to prove me wrong?

care to prove me wrong?
Pulling the fire alarm and spreading negativity certainly isn't the correct action to take if you are invested - based on your recent posts, I guess I just assumed you had exited your position.

I understand you are frustrated with the delays but the devs have even stated the release of Postgresql 9.4 being delayed was one thing holding them back. Major projects are delayed all the time and nobody knows this better than myself. It sucks! These guys face a gargantuan uphill battle now that the entire altcoin market is depressed and the community is frustrated; no denying that. I'm in a similar boat with Murraycoin - most people are here to make a quick buck and nobody likes waiting around for things to happen. The unfortunate aspect of software development these days is the unlimited number of variables and relying on open source projects to hit their ETA only further complicates the accuracy of a timeline. If there is one thing we know for certain it's that these guys don't really respond to negativity; they have a job to do and while I'm sure it's frustrating to them when the community is disappointed the only real solution is to deliver what they have promised. People want them in here hanging out and posting status updates constantly but I'd rather have them dedicating their time to development at this stage. I'm not trying to make excuses for these guys but I'm simply not losing sleep over it. As a developer myself, I know what is constructive and what isn't and creating a big panic hoping that the devs will hurry everything up just to prove you wrong is not constructive. I understand the thought process... but I'm telling you... it doesn't work that way.

You talk about lines of code like you are an expert... but I'm here to tell you... lines of code add up quite fast. Perhaps if they went through all of their code and deleted all references to frameworks, databases, etc and got a line count it would be under millions. Either way, the lines of code argument is pretty weak. Fault them for missing deadlines - I agree they shouldn't give an ETA, miss it, and not explain the situation. That isn't great for community confidence and clearly creates a divide. Keep in mind these guys are software developers and they have not begun doing any marketing. Altcoin people are like cats on a hot tin roof and developers coming from other worlds have no idea what they're getting into. Most developers are used to quietly developing, giving progress updates to their managers, and plugging along until projects are completed. In the altcoin world, that luxury doesn't exist. It's 99% scams, 99% unskilled/lazy developers, and it's all about getting the coin on an exchange so it can be dumped and everyone can move onto the next scam. The altcoin world is pretty seedy and it's not getting better - the best thing these guys could do is separate themselves from it somehow. The only way to really do that is to deliver unique, high-quality products and services.

You act like these guys haven't done anything... but remember when everybody had written them off (including you) when there was the bonus block exploit? It took them a while to release the updated client... everyone was sure they just vanished... people panicked for days. Then suddenly they deliver a completely revamped wallet, the first scrypt coin successfully built on the Bitcoin Core 9.x code, with some slick new styling and a fork to correct the bonus block issue that transitioned flawlessly. Sure they could have just tossed out a half-assed wallet built on the Litecoin source and probably gotten it to market a few days sooner... but they went the extra mile because that's the precedent they wanted to set.

This development team obviously put considerable time into the branding, they forked the code based on community feedback when there was the bonus block exploit, registered SSL certificates on 2 domains, retained their entire premine. If they had no intentions of doing anything with those websites why bother spending the extra $200 on SSL certificates? Not saying it's a big deal... but at least it's one minor detail that instantly puts them in exclusive company when we're talking about altcoin devs. I'm guessing the "CrackCoin" developer didn't buy an SSL certificate. They have divulged portions of their plans... and if they aren't ready, they aren't ready. As elusive as they may be, they're at least consistent. You act like these guys owe you something - why? Thus far, they've gotten nothing out of this. I believe you're putting way too much importance on what they need to do to impress you... but I'm in the camp where the only thing that's going to impress me is when they deliver some quality products and services. You don't want lip service... but you want them to keep posting. If their products aren't ready for market yet there is really no pleasing you. Everywhere along the way, everything I have seen, these guys have demonstrated attention to detail. They have multiple dedicated nodes around the world and, to my knowledge, none of them have had any downtime since launch. Yeah the website is fluff - right now it's probably not worth maintaining until they are ready. I'm working on releasing the new Murraycoin website but until it's ready I have the same boring website up I launched with - it gets the job done.

Perhaps it's easier for me to give them the benefit of the doubt when I've met a couple of these guys and also communicated with members of their team a couple times on conference calls. From my perspective, panic seems absolutely ludicrous. If I were in your position, I could absolutely see myself feeling the same way you do. The bottom line is that if you've been in it for this long why not stick around, relax, and see what happens? If the entire development team died in a plane crash and the community had to take over, we'd still be further ahead than 99% of the other coins. Most coins don't even have the hope of great things to come.

While they have missed their ETAs on various items and have yet to deliver "the goods" we've all been anxiously waiting for... the value has remained relatively stable (compared to all other altcoins, it has remained the most stable since launch) and the basics of the coin itself are sound. OctoCoin has attracted a high caliber community that has stuck together longer than any other during this time span and that alone should count for something. Look at some of the coins Bittrex has added just in the past week:

SativaCoin
OpalCoin
MidasCoin
SterlingCoin
RosCoin
DarkToken
RedOakCoin
DeepCoin
CrackCoin
GlobalBoost-Y

Not to knock on Bittrex because I do enjoy using their exchange and understand they just want to turn a profit... but at this point altcoins are being made a mockery of! SativaCoin?! CrackCoin?! The same people keep churning out the same crap with a new name using the exact same formula and it's been slowly killing altcoins over the past year. The funds are being diluted between all of this crap and it funnels out of the market into the pockets of these devs that continue cranking this stuff out. We know we have something special here in 888 and it's more important than ever to stick together. I've lost interest in altcoins outside of my own coin and OctoCoin and I'm riding them to the finish line.

I'm not interesting in seeking out the pump-and-dump of the week (I'm simply not that desperate nor is it worth my time). I'm not here to "prove you wrong" but I just don't understand your motivation. Why be a jerk? If you don't like what you see then you are free to leave. You're intent on rallying together a mob for a mutiny out of frustration but that does absolutely nothing to move things forward. It's not like people that have recently discovered 888 are going to come check out this thread, see your huge negative rants, and decide to join this community and support this coin. I've found no need to call "bullshit" - I buckled up and I've been along for the ride since day one. Are they over-the-top and elusive? Yes! I think it's awesome! I'm heavily invested in OctoCoin so of course your mental breakdowns frustrate me. PM me and I'll buy everything you have at the current sell price on Bittrex. If you want out that's fine but there is no need to make a big scene. Nobody would blame you for losing your patience as it's completely reasonable. However, there are so many elements here that set OctoCoin apart from everything else that I've stuck around. I've been in this market a while (longer than most) and I know what to look for. I've found it.

Word!  Roll Eyes
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:01:29 AM

Wink

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the entertainment they have provided us for the past few days.  Grin
No matter what is really going on, I think it is kinda funny how worked up we all seem to be getting.
The amount we have invested is probably laughable compared to their private funding so let's not act like we've all invested tens of thousands.
Cryptos are gambling, and we all just need to take a step back and relax.

Hitting the casino tonight and I'm only gonna be throwing down 8 on Roulette!!!
888 baby!!!!

And no matter what happens to Octocoin, I'm still going to Vegas in March. Who's coming with me?!
bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:24:20 AM

Wink

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the entertainment they have provided us for the past few days.  Grin
No matter what is really going on, I think it is kinda funny how worked up we all seem to be getting.
The amount we have invested is probably laughable compared to their private funding so let's not act like we've all invested tens of thousands.

888 baby!!!!

And no matter what happens to Octocoin, I'm still going to Vegas in March. Who's coming with me?!

I'm there regardless! Trying to get some of the Murraycoin people rallied as well.

shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:25:32 AM

Wink

888 baby!!!!

I'm there regardless! Trying to get some of the Murraycoin people rallied as well.

Nice! Gonna be a good time!
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:48:47 AM

i hope i'm in a position to go regardless! but i really would need some return on octo. however, even if it hits prices where i could cash out enough to get to vegas i think it would be stupid to dump. you never know what any investment will turn into down the road and some of these will serve you better to hold long term. people haven't cashed outta bitcoin because it hit $1300 last year. they know that $10,000 is right around the corner. they also know that it can go way higher and you may never want to cash out to dollars or any other currency if it's widespread adoption turns it into more of a currency. i think with all of the political and social issues surrounding governments and fiat your best bet is to only cash out when you need and to be sure to have paper wallets and multiple encrypted copies of keys on different servers worldwide. this way no matter what happens to electricity, internet or even an EMP bomb, you can access your money once you get back to somewhere with power and internet. just a thought.

as for this board, i enjoy talking to you guys. i get just as frustrated as the next with the devs but from all of our research, it appears that it's not a scamcoin.

as for bholzer, he's all we've had like it or not. true, you can never know anyone's intentions, but common sense tells you  he's not going to risk his rep as a business owner and dev of his own projects, by backing up some loser scamcoin chumps. i have never really talked to bholzer even outside of this board but it's not rocket science to figure out when someone is scamming you. the octo devs and bholzer both have leaked things that point to a long term project and i don't think either would risk it for some small change profit. it just doesn't make sense even more than it doesn't make sense that the octo dev team would appoint a liaison to update the board.

i don't know why they do what they do but they show up when necessary. and honestly, anyone who knows anything about investment, if they weren't moving along nicely, investors would pull their funding. if that happened you would notice a certain type of movement and realize that it was over. the way it's set up currently they can't cash out for a decent profit anyways. they would be at just as much if not more of a loss than the average octo holder.

just my 2 cents. it doesn't always make sense around this board but i'm comfy holding and seeing what happens. dumping at this point would prove to be a waste of time and effort for the last few months. as soon as you do, if octo does deliver you have lost your chance at making any profit and good luck in the sea of other bs altcoins.

the only thing that truly worries me about octo is the threat of some other decent coins, bitcoin 2.0 platforms or open transactions stealing shine from anything good they release. to me that's the real question: by the time they release something will it be relevant and will it catch on with their marketing? some things can be adjusted but you just don't know. there's too many possibilities to even speculate there so i just watch and hold. i am currently not buying octo and i still might get more down the road. i am limited on my purchasing power and feel it's a better option for me to diversify my portfolio.

it's interesting times and you are interesting fellows. 888.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:51:55 AM

p.s. don't forget that on sundays we will do the conference calls. come in there and voice your opinions. there was some good convo last week. if anything you will realize there are some really smart dudes here on the board who have dug deep into octo and are still here. i'm not a dev or coder but i'm smart enough to listen to those with a better understanding than me. and it's also fun to see some faces and hear some voices. (even if you can't tell the difference between joshycoin and i with our thick southern accents hehe.)

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:53:11 AM

p.p.s if i do make it to vegas somebody is buying me 8 mf'ing beers for contributing such long posts to this board for 6 months. that is all.

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:17:48 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 02:35:16 AM by djslick

again, this idea that "well this guy or that guy wouldn't bet their reputation on it if it wasn't legit" and "many people have done digging and have found this to be a viable investment". so? then show me some proof!

all we have is poor communication, broken promises, and vaporware. it really does reflect the sorry state that this community has reached, that people have obviously invested so much that they HAVE to believe that octocoin will be amazing. you should all be aware of the blinders that you might be wearing because of this fact.

these notions that: "well they haven't shown us anything, but you know, YOU CAN TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS SCAMMING YOU". needs to go out the window. give me a break. you underestimate how many times good people have been made to part with their hard-earned money through the exact same thing in crypto, altcoins especially.

SHOW ME SOMETHING.

when i ask for some evidence of a team working on this, you tell me "they don't respond well to nagativity" well guess what, they don't respond well to positivity too! this is one of the nicest altcoin communities i've ever seen. and what do we get?

what, they fixed a problem with random rewards that should never have even been there in the first place? they did this 5 months ago? we should be thankful for this and consider this the high-water mark of reputable devs? I helped ID the culprit and negotiated (out of my own pocket mind you) some time that the offending pool would stop exploiting the code, but it should never have been an issue in the first place!

(and by the way bholzer, you must have a poor memory, because i was helping octocoin one-on-one with resolving the issue, but thanks for painting me like someone who "wrote them off completely" fucking liar. i've been one of the most supportive members of this community)

Leafcoin had this problem first, which was a clone of Dogecoin, of which the issue cropped up shortly thereafter, and after both of those coins fixed it, THEN octo decides to launch with the EXACT same vulnerability. they could have asked anyone in the know and they could have told them it was a bad idea. it was! and then they fixed it. mazel tov. cleaning up your own shit doesn't earn you points in my book, it only props up the veneer of professionalism that octocoin really wants (needs) to keep holding up.

the problem is that nothing has been done! vaporware! fake products, community being strung along with fake release schedules, NOTHING! we have 2 websites, that's it. i'd say that the community who's come up with custom made glasses has been WAY more transparent and WAY more productive than the octocoin "team". shit we saw photographs of the project, UNHEARD OF.

again PROVE ME WRONG.

don't write back here a bunch of stuff about how this guy says "they're cool man don't worry", or how that guy says: "hey i'm staking my reputation on them, they're obviously the real deal" GET REAL AND SHOW US SOMETHING. stop talking in circles.

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:31:15 AM

"well you've been invested this long, why not hang around and see what happens?" - spoken like a true conman.

"development is hard stuff! you have to do this and that and the other thing, we should ignore the fact that they've produced nothing in over 6 months, cause developing is hard!" - spoken like a true apologist

"i've spoken with these devs personally, and i can tell you, they're the real deal" - spoken like a true traveling snake oil salesman

one lesson i've learned over and over in life, and repeatedly bashed into my head whist in crypto, is don't believe shit that strangers are trying to tell you is real when they offer no proof, when asking them for proof gets them defensive, and when they are personally invested in weather or not i see it as truth.

get real.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:14:49 AM

Dude, even without seeing the actual products, if you really look into who's backing this and do some research you will see why so many are sticking around. I could care less what the fuck you do. I just know that i'm holding.

if you don't like it, then dump it. nobody is forcing you to be here or buy and hold Octo.

We all wish there was more transparency from the devs, including me, but if you can't figure out why people are staying then you don't need to stay invested in Octo.

I don't have any personal issues with you and you've always seemed like a good enough guy from your posts. I understand your frustration and your opinion but after this I'm not wasting my breath trying to convince you. Sell your coins and move on dude lol.

If I'm wrong, then there are people here that are going to lose a lot more $$$ than the 200,000 Octo I have so fuck it. I have plenty of money invested all over alts, Bitcoin and Bitcoin 2.0. I'll be fine if Octo ends up being a flop.

I can't show you proof from the devs but I can gladly offer you advice to get out.

Seeya.

syncsam

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:15:54 AM

DJslick your my favourite  Grin

unfortunately what he is saying is correct. greed leads to tunnel vision which leads to naïvety.  I'm seen this many times in myself when it came to trading (stocks, forex) and in stories from people when they have been conned, what you do is get the mark/s to think about the millions they will bring in and how they will spend it, and then they see but choose to ignore the reality of the situation

syncsam

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:18:19 AM

I can't show you proof from the devs but I can gladly offer you advice to get out.

Seeya.

That made me laugh, just because of what I just said about greed and tunnel vision
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: