Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:58:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 07:14:02 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 07:26:41 AM by djslick

hey i just heard from the octo devs! something that totally assuages our fears and totally shows us that they're on the ball and going to have an imminent release!

We understand everybody is anxiously awaiting the next update - we are preparing the beta release of our first OctoHub app and hope to have it live before August 1st. Once it is released, the wait between other releases will be considerably shorter as we are working on a number of projects simultaneously.

We would like to thank everybody for their continued patience - your patience will be rewarded.

yeah that was July 26th.

MEANWHILE.... 10 WEEKS LATER IN THE MUSHROOM DEN.

i should change my sig to "mushroomcoin - feed em shit and keep em in the dark"

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 07:27:50 AM

aaaaand we're now trading at 261 sat. amazing.

wartywarlock

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:16:53 AM

aaaaand we're now trading at 261 sat. amazing.

Just sell... really. Stop your bitching or sell. You invented a magical date from the arse end of nowhere, and are mad they didn't arbitrarily meet your demands. Does everybody want an update? Sure of course we all do. Does everyone want to feel like they made a good choice in Octo? Of course we all do.

Does this mean bitching at every invented stop point is helpful in any way? No, it isn't, has never been, nor will it ever be useful.
cryptoxx

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

You invented a magical date from the arse end of nowhere, and are mad they didn't arbitrarily meet your demands.

This is untrue. The developers have given date after date (off the top of my head, because it's been a LOT: a couple weeks multiple times, a specific calendar date at least once in August), and have delivered nothing.

I think DJ is right on about a lot of things. Including that crypto is fast moving and changing. Sitting on "millions of lines of code" (the DEVS words not mine) and letting the world move ahead of them seems unwise to me. Lying to their community over and over is far worse than unwise.

frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

It's Official: You ALL have BLINKED.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
wartywarlock

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:03:01 PM

This is untrue. The developers have given date after date (off the top of my head, because it's been a LOT: a couple weeks multiple times, a specific calendar date at least once in August), and have delivered nothing.

I think DJ is right on about a lot of things. Including that crypto is fast moving and changing. Sitting on "millions of lines of code" (the DEVS words not mine) and letting the world move ahead of them seems unwise to me. Lying to their community over and over is far worse than unwise.

It's completely true. Slick made this date up in his head. Fact. At no point ever have they specifically said, on the 12th of October we will have news.

Yes they have missed dates. Dates that I too really wanted to see some action on. I too was disappointed. Here's just how disappointed that is: I bought some pretty expensive asics when they were new. They have done until recently, NOTHING but mine Octocoin. If Octocoin doesn't happen, they never get paid off. Categorically.

What they have stated is that news is imminent, or rather, should be. About two weeks ago, they said news would be.. about two weeks.. However this does not change the artificiality of the construct Slick formed in his head. His need for a stiff date stems only from his (understandable) lack of confidence in their likelihood of deliverance. That they missed this abstracted date, it really is no surprise, as it was inferred and nothing more.

Let's not make this like the URO thread, if I keep reading the same shite from the same two people, mindlessly licking their keyboard rather than actually discussing things, they're just going to get blocked, and I'll be happier for it. You can be pissed off at the devs, as angry as you like, but making things up is just going to get you sat in the corner with the pointy D hat.

It's Official: You ALL have BLINKED.

I totally had to blink around day 40 man, my eyes burnt so bad.
cryptoxx

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

We disagree about the meaning of “a couple weeks”. That’s fine.

You’re free to do and think what you want. Post what you want. But so is DJslick. I think it’s crappy to attack him personally, especially when the facts support him based on a literal reading of the words from the developers.
wartywarlock

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

We disagree about the meaning of “a couple weeks”. That’s fine.

You’re free to do and think what you want. Post what you want. But so is DJslick. I think it’s crappy to attack him personally, especially when the facts support him based on a literal reading of the words from the developers.

You can keep putting words in my mouth but you're just doing what Slick is if you do. Chances are we both agree that a couple of weeks is approximately 14 days, but it is not strict in definition. If they had delivered on Friday or Saturday it still would have been "a couple of weeks" since they said. It can be taken to mean a two week period, given as from a monday to Sunday twice over, or a ballpark figure to represent a short period of less than 3 weeks.

It is a very loose term, no doubt chosen by the devs specifically so as to not create a sense of exactness. Please, do tell me where they actually said "on the day of the 12th, there will be an update". Could they have chosen better terminology? Of course, clearly. We wouldn't be having this conversation if they had.

Trust me, I want this update and by now, I want it to be big. I want this cabin fever we all feel to be quelled.

However food for thought - there's about 300mh on the network, last time I looked, which is essentially unaccounted for, but believed to be the devs and/or fusionhash group. MH that has been there the whole time, before asics arrived. These are not running at a profit right now, nor for quite a while, but they are running none the less. Why on earth would they still mine so heavilly Octocoin, at a loss...unless something big was coming to be worthwhile?
cryptoxx

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:32:36 PM

I already said I was fine with us not agreeing about what a couple weeks meant. That is still fine.

As for the rest, I want a big update too. And I want it to include more than just words. Personally, I'm tired of having to guess who's hashing or why nothing is ever released from the developers.
th0ms0n

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

there will soon be the point where the devs MUST take action.
Remember how fast they reacted when bittrex octo trading wasn't working?
Well, no news, no trading volume, and the danger of being delisted slowly closes in.
They can't allow this to happen. On the other hand: if they do, we definitely know the octopus is dead...
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:15:22 PM

they said they would do their best to respond to the forums...

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

there will soon be the point where the devs MUST take action.
Remember how fast they reacted when bittrex octo trading wasn't working?
Well, no news, no trading volume, and the danger of being delisted slowly closes in.
They can't allow this to happen. On the other hand: if they do, we definitely know the octopus is dead...

Bittrex are increasing their delisting volume threshold from 0.1 to 0.2 BTC;
https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874-Bittrex-Market-Removal-Policy-Updated

We can argue the toss over semantics and arbitrary dates but nothing changes the fact that its the ultimately the devs that have persistently failed to deliver, squandered the goodwill of this community and driven the market for Octo to a level from which it may never recover, leaving us all high and dry.

I don't see there's any point prodding them via DM or goading them in this thread, they will renege on whatever they promise anyway.  The coin is probably part of their plans but it's apparent the current price is no concern to them and they don't care who's holding what.  They have their own agenda and it's increasingly clear we're not part of it.  And actually, we've no real right to expect to be.  We're not investors, we're speculators.  What's annoying is that they keep trying to persuade us otherwise.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:06:29 PM

i think i will give up 2 weeks after it gets delisted honestly :/

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:38:10 PM

lol at the guy that flamed my cause i sold @ 400 and said that i couldnt wait and i will regret it soon  Grin

NOPE

eat this you positive sheep

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 10:04:07 PM

Blink Blink.

+888

I would say regardless, I cannot recover the amount I bought in at and even if the buy support was there, I wouldn't undercut what I invested to recover a measly 1/8 of what I spent.

Safer bet is to hold at this point.

I agree that the coin seems to be the least of their concerns. The price def hasn't swayed them.

Now, if Bittrex contacts them to warn of delistment, will that get their attention? We may soon see. But, if they truly are just running behind then maybe down the road we will see something positive that will pay off.

At this point though, they risk getting left behind as the alt scene appears to be crumbling and Bitcoin 2.0 is the new go to coins/platforms to buy.

It does seem crazy that we have yet to see a screenshot even. Specially when you follow others who have appeared to launched in a much shorter time.

Oh well, guess we will see how it all ends up soon.

HYPster

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:09:03 AM

I think the link to the website OctoHub.org    means soon coin fails. All the things on OctoHub state soon, pronto, quick...... I think it means coin is dead....soon, pronto, quick. What else could it mean? Last heard forever ago on speculation. Have faith and if you take a chance, take it with OCTO.....hmmmmm. Doesn't sound good. Fucking fuck man do something or you are shit.
LeFiste

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

I think the link to the website OctoHub.org    means soon coin fails. All the things on OctoHub state soon, pronto, quick...... I think it means coin is dead....soon, pronto, quick. What else could it mean? Last heard forever ago on speculation. Have faith and if you take a chance, take it with OCTO.....hmmmmm. Doesn't sound good. Fucking fuck man do something or you are shit.

I don't really get what you are saying/asking/implying  Grin

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

i should probably just turn off the analytical part of my brain and become one with the sheep, cause i'm not getting anywhere trying to talk sense.

hey guys! I bet the devs are just biding their time, i bet they're sitting on not just millions but billions of lines of code! oh man when they let this cat out of the bag it's going to be a code champagne shower up in this bitch! don't blink and miss it!

what do you think the octohub icons mean? i bet they all mean such cool crazy things, most of all i think they mean that i'm gonna be rich!

these guys are obviously so professional, everyone knows that minimal chic is so hot right now, like they don't even HAVE to release anything, they're THAT cool! you can really tell how professional they are by how well-worded their posts are, all of these big words they use. And this one guy from this other coin has TOTALLY talked to them so many times, conference calls!

there's really no other coin like this one, all other coins are just bla bla bla LIP SERVICE, they're all like: "we're gonna come out with all this stuff" and then they never do! nothing like octocoin, this coin's going places.

i'm so excited i painted a 12 foot mural showcasing octocoin remixed with davinci's last supper, it took me 4 months to finish, but it's so worth it! i just want to show my love and appreciation to this amazing coin! my computer desktop is octocoin, i eat live and breathe octocoin.

ho man, do you think they'll release something this week? oh that's be so awsome! but even if they don't i know that they're trying their hardest. it's all ok!

all i know is that this is the best investment i've ever made! thank you magic internet money! and thank you octocoin!

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 02:58:01 PM

I know that DJSlick is "technically" right, but i don't really "feel" that he's right, so in my mind he's wrong, now i'm going to throw some personal attacks his way for good measure.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:02:36 PM

so are you are implying that we aren't capable of analytical thinking?

i'm pretty sure nobody here is that dumb.

Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: