Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:26:47 PM

Over the following few weeks, I will reach out to a number of you to get you inside the inner-circle and involved in our Slack discussions. There is a lot of positive stuff happening despite what's going on over here because we have literally been ignoring it once it degraded into 5th grade recess. If you don't hear from me within 3 weeks and feel you were unfairly overlooked, shoot me a PM and I will review your history. Perhaps we can appoint some people to be the messengers/etc but I'm done with this forum.

bholzer, I think what you've written here (quoted) would make the most difference. Hopefully you haven't just posted, hopefully you're still reading the thread (as it is currently the only place to talk about 888).

Ignoring the '5th Graders' (and by proxy everyone else) leads to more ignorance, educating them with information makes everyone smarter. It's one thing to say 'I think all of these people are idiots' and ignoring them, it's an entirely different thing to 'thinking some of these people are idiots' and ignoring all of them regardless.

What the coin needs is community relations that don't label anyone as an idiot, or 10 year old, or un-business savvy, even if they think it. I can understand your frustration but remember those who post in this forum aren't necessarily the same pillocks that make death threats or harass your family. There are thousands (guessing) of people vested in Octo and only a handful actively use this forum.

The sooner someone (and yes I'm volunteering) is updated with all of the info the sooner someone can start explaining/updating the community, whether it's here or on a stand alone forum. I have a large tolerance for arguing discussing things with strangers on the internet and am aware of the potential need to withhold certain info but the majority of news, whether good or bad is best aired. I can understand a lack of willingness to engage confrontationally on behalf of Octo, but someone will need to, and the sooner the better. And the only thing that will give someone the ability to do so is being informed. I'd suggest getting one or two people fully in the loop asap so they can take over community relations and free up coin devs to do just that, develop the coin. (This would be best done before Bittrex goes live again, there will be a dump, but better community communication will soften the dump).

I made a very similar offer by email to the Devs a number of months back when shooting them an email about 'community tensions', they did then come to the forums and made a post, (needless to say my offer wasn't acknowledged).

If this interests you please drop me a PM so we can arrange a skype conversation (so I'm no longer a 'stranger on the internet').

As it stands we've all lost thousand of £'s (or $ if you prefer) and the only way to avoid that being the end of the story is to start communicating with each other, to write a new chapter if you like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:44:32 AM

i don't think bholzer knows a damned thing. re reading his little opus only reinforces the fact that this is all a huge scam. he had like 10 paragraphs to say something and instead ONCE AGAIN absolutely no information was released. it was another "wag the dog" exercise, where out of it, the effect it's having is that people are now clamboring to become apart of this inner circle bullshit nonsense.

the TL;DR of his post says:

sutff is happening that i can't tell you about
stuff happened that i can't tell you about
maybe if you're special i'll tell you about it
you're all children
i know stuff that you don't nyah nyah
you're all pathetic children
i do so much that no one knows about, and i won't tell you what any of those things are
you're all impatient and expect too much
i was directly involved in octocoin before it crashed, i watched all the devs pick up and leave and i told no one anything
you're all unreasonable to expect anything, you all don't know how business works.
i've been secretive, non forthcoming, i've hidden any and all information about this coin, and continue to do so
you should all trust me and some random secret other dev to rebuild the wallet
i've been directly involved with the devs/as a dev during this coin's complete and utter collapse
it's all your fault for the coin collapsing because you're all impatient children who don't know how business works.

did i miss anything?

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
venlo

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:50:21 AM

is this coin trashed too?

... i am down to 5 altcoins worth investing in. 99% has failed last 12 months. WTF are you still doing here? Try to destruct more recources?
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:31:21 PM

so - are we at a point yet where the community chips in an get a professional developer to take over the coin. I have someone ready in the wing and an willing to put up .5 btc to get started. I think another .5 btc would cover his time and work and we can get this coin moving again - at least from a trading standpoint.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:38:43 PM

I'm still laughing about the statement "the community got greedy"...oh my god...as if this community was the cause for the downfall of OctoCoin...we bought all the dumps, we spent our hashing power...all we asked for was a little communication...everyone was preparing to invest more and hold...Now we are to blame? NO F-WORD WAY! If a business fails, it's nearly always the fault of the ones running it! And just so you know...my business is running for 12 years now, and I ain't no little script-kiddie. BHolzer you sound pretty arrogant for a 31 year old!

But you are right about the personal threats...that's not acceptable! Whoever did this: stop it!

frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 05:32:20 PM

I'm still laughing about the statement "the community got greedy"...oh my god...as if this community was the cause for the downfall of OctoCoin...we bought all the dumps, we spent our hashing power...all we asked for was a little communication...everyone was preparing to invest more and hold...Now we are to blame? NO F-WORD WAY! If a business fails, it's nearly always the fault of the ones running it! And just so you know...my business is running for 12 years now, and I ain't no little script-kiddie. BHolzer you sound pretty arrogant for a 31 year old!

But you are right about the personal threats...that's not acceptable! Whoever did this: stop it!

I will agree with most of this. You cannot bash the community on the actions or words of very few. Most here have been very patient with little to no interaction from the devs. We have bought all the dumps because we kept believing what they were saying. If anyone, I have definitely stayed positive and tried to be a voice of reason. I have tried to support the devs.

But at some point, the devs have to realize, without transparency and interaction, people get a little uppity about their money.

I understand that and I do not invest what I cannot afford to lose.

But at the end of the day dammit, if i'm giving you money and support to a project, you need to be giving me at least some updates. At least some screenshots. At least some private viewings for at least some people in the community. At least some type of closed beta.

8 months in and we have not had any of this, better yet interaction from the devs who leave us hanging while the coin is at risk of being delisted from Bittrex.

C'mon, you cannot put all of this on the community. This WAS one of the best behaved threads on bitcointalk. We kept the bitching at a minimum and tried to keep a positive light on the coin and the devs based on FAITH that something was coming to us.

We don't ask for much and we have been here showing support and policing the naysayers here since launch.

I don't give a damn what anyone says, I have done nothing but show support.

Many say the whole Bholzer thing proves this is just a scam or a waste of time. Even after Bholzer comes back I still DEFEND him and the devs in hopes that they are truly doing something.

So people should slow their roll and think about that when judging this community.

Even the ones who have been a little negative, still pale in comparison to other boards. And most of them are long time posters on Octo thread. Its not like they just showed up screaming scam. They are worried about their money and pissed at the actions of the devs.

While I chose not to take that route, when everyone just up and disappears, wtf are we supposed to do?

I mean, c'mon, that makes no fucking sense.

I just want something good to come out of this. We have wasted almost a goddamn year while other coins have fucking taken what little interest Octocoin had and ran with it.

Hell at this point, if something isn't turned around, then the community taking it over is the only option. Even that is a major uphill battle and doesn't guarantee we recoup our money. But it does give use the chance to at least do something.

I just wish these dudes would release something and fix this. I don't want all my months of positivity to be for nothing and then the ones who were saying it was pointless are RIGHT. If so, then you just proved all the naysayers right.

They will continue saying it's a scam or a worthless project.

I don't know what all the answers are but I do know that the way it's been here isn't the right way to run things.

And there are plenty of people here who are hard workers, business owners and do great things in their life. We ain't fucking stupid. We are not kids. We are just people who supported something and so far have nothing in return.

I'm about done posting here. I think I've said and done all I can do.

I'll be watching. Let's see what happens.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:46:43 PM

I have been advised to just make a post in here and see where the discussion goes before escalating the situation or even attempting to have this thread taken down (which I certainly wouldn't want).

Those damn lawyers, they always do that, advise you to go poke the nest a bit more.  Nice veiled threat to have the thread taken down too, good luck with that.  The Coinye thread is still up on BCC.

If it happened its wrong and we've all condemned it but I seriously doubt there were actually any genuine death threats.  It's simply a very easy way to divert attention.

At this point unless another person or persons came forward and signed a sworn affidavit with documentary evidence proving that they were behind octocoin then I'm fully satisfied in my own mind that there has only ever been one person behind it and that person is bholzer.  I just don't get the denial, it's not as if there will be any consequences in this unregulated space, you tried, you failed, big deal.  Be a man, grow up (instead of projecting your immaturity onto others) own up and move on.  Unless of course you're concerned there may be some retrospective regulation applied.  Now that would be amusing, seeing the man do time for his dishonesty.

Anyway, all of that is irrelevant it's what happens now that matters.  Does this community take over the coin and do something with it? do we "grow up" and wait obediently for bholzer to fix it and wait to be let into the inner circle (not an option for me now, i've been too childish) or do we all hand over our octo to bholzer and start a new cult, Octology? Brocktocoin? anyone?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
wtf_wtf

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:03:09 PM

I see it like this:

1. If what bholzer wrote is true, he has likely worked really hard on behalf of octocoin, and so, he worked really hard on behalf of us, the people in this community.

2. One problem is, we don’t know if what he said is true.

3. Another problem is, even if it is true this community is upset about developer communication. We are upset that issues with the coin were not shared with us.

So if #1 is true, I would imagine that getting all the crap in this thread is no fun for bholzer. What an unpleasant reward for all his work!

But #2 and #3 are also important.

My point is, it’s important to understand all sides to this. In my opinion, everyone may have just cause to be upset and angry.

As others have mentioned, what’s most important now is where things go from here. I thought BeardedCouncil made a good offer to help communicate with the community better. I hope those in the know take him up on it.
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:03:23 PM

As others have mentioned, what’s most important now is where things go from here. I thought BeardedCouncil made a good offer to help communicate with the community better. I hope those in the know take him up on it.

I'll let you know if I hear anything. Until then I'll just be watching.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:58:34 AM

I see it like this:

1. If what bholzer wrote is true, he has likely worked really hard on behalf of octocoin, and so, he worked really hard on behalf of us, the people in this community.

2. One problem is, we don’t know if what he said is true.

3. Another problem is, even if it is true this community is upset about developer communication. We are upset that issues with the coin were not shared with us.

So if #1 is true, I would imagine that getting all the crap in this thread is no fun for bholzer. What an unpleasant reward for all his work!

But #2 and #3 are also important.

My point is, it’s important to understand all sides to this. In my opinion, everyone may have just cause to be upset and angry.

There's little evidence that anybody has actually worked hard on this coin.  Unless there are tangible releases imminent of a magnitude which could take altcoins "from basements to skyscrapers" then there is nothing that a competent developer couldn't knock up in a weekend or two.  There are two web pages, a re-branded wallet, a block explorer and a few nodes running.  Most, if not all of that can be done from templates, cut and paste and search and replace.  That is why we've had this whole "Cambrian explosion" event of shitcoins.  Thankfully it seems to be in its final throes and only coins with genuine potential will survive, unfortunately at the moment it appears Octocoin is not destined to be one of them unless this ship can be turned around PDQ.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:30:22 AM

you guys should join Pandacoin PND its not wolong's shit coin its a coin with a plan by that i mean this week is going to be a game changer they're coming out with a hybrid fast sync wallet up to 15 to sync the whole block chain and reaching the masses after the update the devs keep you updated and are always online

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:04:04 AM

you guys should join Pandacoin PND its not wolong's shit coin its a coin with a plan by that i mean this week is going to be a game changer they're coming out with a hybrid fast sync wallet up to 15 to sync the whole block chain and reaching the masses after the update the devs keep you updated and are always online

what? really?
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:40:46 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 04:54:28 AM by syncsam

I honestly think the whole death threats is a load of crap, to distract everyone from the real issues (if it is true that person/s is deplorable)

and it would be easy for the police to get to the bottom of who started the website

Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)

who don't accept bitcoin payments, so there should be a paper trail, but I very much doubt they would care

<edit> and I'm guessing I'm one of the  children for asking the hard questions and saying whats on my mind, I happen to hold an air transport pilots licence and have flown multiple thousands of people a year around the word for over a decade, thats how childish I am
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:54:02 AM

I will add to that I have also have also run businesses both successful and not successful so I know how a business should be conducted and luckily someone at the start of my career took me a side and explained to me what professionalism is
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 05:21:59 AM

I will add to that I have also have also run businesses both successful and not successful so I know how a business should be conducted and luckily someone at the start of my career took me a side and explained to me what professionalism is

you obviously just have $$$ dollar signs in your eyes, and see only greed, and are impatient, and don't understand how business works.

YOU GUYS! SERIOUSLY! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BUSINESS WORKS! I'M TOTALLY SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS!

lol. i'm glad to see that real core community is finally all on the same page. I for one vote my 1.6 million shares to bar Bholzer from any future involvement with this coin. I personally know the guy who built the first blackcoin multipool, met him at a bitcoin trade show a couple years back, I even gave him his current nick on IRC "St.GNU". he's a smart cookie, and works really hard. he was putting in 14 hours days getting that pool up and running the first 2 weeks, we were there, in IRC, with him as he was getting us to test beta versions of the database, we'd be up till 4am most nights, it was awesome, definitely the most fun i've had in crypto, because it was REAL. it was black and fucking white. If i could get him on board in any capacity I know what we'd be getting, an actual team member, not a huckster.

We as a community no doubt have no shortage of willing devs to come forward and do something with this coin (for a fair price mind you), but i think that we need to be able to list their full transparent credentials, auditable credentials. If anyone even mentions the idea of "inner circle" "secret devs" etc. they should lose their right to have a say on this coin.

i think that we can all agree on.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 05:34:19 AM

why dead on bittrex?!

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:11:30 PM

Well, it's been a long time since I've poked my head in. I haven't been able to be as on-point as I used to, there's been some big changes in my life. I've been working on a few other projects, though, some of which got completely raped by some of the crazy crap going on with GAW. Pretty sad to see this die, but my schedule has been cleared out for the most part, if you guys are looking to hire someone to get it updated, I've got the knowledge and the tools, and hopefully still a decent reputation Smiley

Do let me know.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:17:02 PM

Well, it's been a long time since I've poked my head in. I haven't been able to be as on-point as I used to, there's been some big changes in my life. I've been working on a few other projects, though, some of which got completely raped by some of the crazy crap going on with GAW. Pretty sad to see this die, but my schedule has been cleared out for the most part, if you guys are looking to hire someone to get it updated, I've got the knowledge and the tools, and hopefully still a decent reputation Smiley

Do let me know.

Hey buddy!!!  FIX THIS PLEASE!!!

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 09:04:53 PM

Do let me know.

I vote for Edric.

He's:

A) been here since the VERY beginning
B) has developed the ONLY apps for octocoin thus far
C) is VERY transparent

Edric, if you can get us back up and trading on Bittrex, you'd be the saviour of this coin, and I think we'd all be happy to call you the lead dev. Unfortunately there's no getting back the original pre-mine from the scammer *cough*, but we can build up a new fund that's at least equal to the pre-mine for you i'm sure. The pre mine was only like 600,000+ octocoin, i think we can raise more than that. the only deal is that you can't form some sort of shadow "secret club" and make up a lot of bullshit and lie to us, and try to scam us. k? just be answerable to the community and you'll be treated as a god. and on a personal note, if you do take over, please leave the majority of your personal adventures on the wayside, you have a gift of the gab when it comes to telling cool stories, but i think we need some straight-talk express with this coin.

i mean, the moment it reopens on bittrex there will be a huge dump, but we have to get it back on before it's permanently delisted. that's priority #1, and it's an attainable goal.

it would be great if Edric and the community actually had a plan to get this coin back on track, but what was the track? getting crypto from basements to skyscrapers? right, we need something a tad less hyperbolic, an attainable goal. IMO we need to play to our stregnths, having an "888" ticker is VERY LUCKY to certain people, these are the markets we need to focus on, frankly we need a secondary dev that's as honest and transparent as Edric is, who speaks chinese, and understands the chinese markets, and how to market towards them.

but nothing can happen while the coin is still broken. if you wanna step up and make it happen Edric, i don't think anyone here would second guess your ascending the throne. take what's on github and do what you can. fuck anyone else that says they have a different claim, as far as i'm concerned, they're crooks, and i'll back you %100

langvad

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:55:05 PM

Do let me know.

I vote for Edric.

He's:

A) been here since the VERY beginning
B) has developed the ONLY apps for octocoin thus far
C) is VERY transparent

Edric, if you can get us back up and trading on Bittrex, you'd be the saviour of this coin, and I think we'd all be happy to call you the lead dev. Unfortunately there's no getting back the original pre-mine from the scammer *cough*, but we can build up a new fund that's at least equal to the pre-mine for you i'm sure. The pre mine was only like 600,000+ octocoin, i think we can raise more than that. the only deal is that you can't form some sort of shadow "secret club" and make up a lot of bullshit and lie to us, and try to scam us. k? just be answerable to the community and you'll be treated as a god. and on a personal note, if you do take over, please leave the majority of your personal adventures on the wayside, you have a gift of the gab when it comes to telling cool stories, but i think we need some straight-talk express with this coin.

i mean, the moment it reopens on bittrex there will be a huge dump, but we have to get it back on before it's permanently delisted. that's priority #1, and it's an attainable goal.

it would be great if Edric and the community actually had a plan to get this coin back on track, but what was the track? getting crypto from basements to skyscrapers? right, we need something a tad less hyperbolic, an attainable goal. IMO we need to play to our stregnths, having an "888" ticker is VERY LUCKY to certain people, these are the markets we need to focus on, frankly we need a secondary dev that's as honest and transparent as Edric is, who speaks chinese, and understands the chinese markets, and how to market towards them.

but nothing can happen while the coin is still broken. if you wanna step up and make it happen Edric, i don't think anyone here would second guess your ascending the throne. take what's on github and do what you can. fuck anyone else that says they have a different claim, as far as i'm concerned, they're crooks, and i'll back you %100

I agree, the longer we just sit and wait, the harder it will get!
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: