Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

so are you are implying that we aren't capable of analytical thinking?

i'm pretty sure nobody here is that dumb.

some people here are, a lot aren't. it's really heartening to read when someone backs me up it really makes my day, but maybe i just put more weight behind every other post that's either vehemently disagreeing with me to the point of personal attacks, or just the usual hum-drum "oh i bet they'll come with something this week! oh they didn't? for the 28th consecutive week? awww it's alright, maybe next week!".

it just still crushes me to read that stuff, every word is like a dagger in my brain. the only purpose that serves it to self-delude, and gives the devs a pass to once again lie to us.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

hey just because we look at things differently doesn't mean that people are sheep, or don't agree with you that Octo devs have dropped the ball. i think we just choose to handle it differently.

the difference is i didn't set any expectations that anything was coming to us on Sunday. at this point they either are gonna do what they wanna do their way or they aren't really doing anything at all.

either way i can't afford or risk selling. i also don't think if i backed what you said we would get any different results.

i really think we are at the mercy of the devs and we either will see some payoff on THEIR timeline (which at this point doesn't really exist) or we are just fucked and lost all our money or must sell now for what little you can recover.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
peterw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:42:53 PM

Every deadline that passes and nothing happens with the coin is like a punch in the gut to me. I hate it. I feel sick. I end up making excuses like, well, it was a holiday weekend, so maybe that'll delay them a day. But then the extra day passes too and nothing from the devs.
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:56:41 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 04:44:19 PM by BeardedCouncil

What exactly would you like Slick? If everyone agreed with you. ie "this is outrageous" what would your next step be? What would our next step be? We're all disappointed with the deliverance from the Devs, and lets say we're all right there with you, but then what? What are we going to do? Open letter from the people who post on the forum? Written by who? and if it's a collaboration who decides the tone?

I think the fact that you are taking the lack of releases almost personally, is encouraging you to become as blinkered as the 'sheep'. You are consistent in you disappointment and want everyone else to be equally disappointed and angry with the Devs, some people are, some people aren't. Calling the people that accept that the situation is out of their control 'sheep' is probably as offensive as calling you a 'whinger'.

So what would you like, if everyone posted 'We agree with Slick', what then? What makes your posts irritating is that you voice concerns repeatedly and call for solidarity but it doesn't feel to me like taking your point of view would help. Can you (or anyone else) convince me that chiming in with you would achieve anything or make me (or anyone else) feel better about the situation or would I just become as frustrated as you but without any benefits. If that's the option I'd rather write it off (as is obvious by my earlier posts...).

I think holding out hope for anything 888 related is fine but just don't bank on it, if it comes good we're laughing if it doesn't, it doesn't. If you keep getting your hopes up you're setting yourself up for disappointment, if you have low expectations things can only be pleasant surprises... I now have low expectations and am waiting for a pleasant surprise, why not wait with me?
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:16:11 PM

Holding out hope is one thing, the DEVs giving us a SOLID reason for holding out is another.  For a DEV to say "a couple weeks" and not provide proof of what they are working on is just more BS to keep up hanging on.

If I was working on a project at work, and my bosses asked for an update and all I said was "a couple weeks" and provided no clue or proof on what I am working on, I would be out of a job...

I have seen it with so many coins, keep stringing the sheep on..  Give them hope and they will keep buying.

SHOW US SOMETHING DEVs!!!  PROOF is what we want!!!

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:53:26 PM

Name:   OctoCoin
Activity:   85
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   February 21, 2014, 10:08:00 AM
Last Active:   September 28, 2014, 07:38:16 AM

Posting the same bs stuff every 3-4 weeks without delivering anything announced  isnt what ive expected from this tbh.
Wake up

Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:18:17 PM

Guys, really, i know how bullsh*t the situation is, but it doesn't make any difference if we complain or not.
For me, personally, this coin means a huge loss till now and i got over it. But i won't sell. If there happens something i'll be happy, but if not, jeah...that's the game.
But complaining 24/7 would drive me crazy.  Grin

Maybe you guys should try to see this coin in a different way. It's not like another coin because for the devs, the coin itself isn't too important.
It's just a piece of the big puzzle (If there's really a puzzle... but we all are here because we believe there is one, right?).
Devs don't care about the price. Good or bad? Maybe the price isn't to important for them because they got a big joker, big projects or whatever. Something that makes them sure that this coin will be very valuable.

I understand everyone of you, but trying to make the devs acting more community friendly is like talking to a wall.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:50:18 PM

Guys, really, i know how bullsh*t the situation is, but it doesn't make any difference if we complain or not.
For me, personally, this coin means a huge loss till now and i got over it. But i won't sell. If there happens something i'll be happy, but if not, jeah...that's the game.
But complaining 24/7 would drive me crazy.  Grin

Maybe you guys should try to see this coin in a different way. It's not like another coin because for the devs, the coin itself isn't too important.
It's just a piece of the big puzzle (If there's really a puzzle... but we all are here because we believe there is one, right?).
Devs don't care about the price. Good or bad? Maybe the price isn't to important for them because they got a big joker, big projects or whatever. Something that makes them sure that this coin will be very valuable.

I understand everyone of you, but trying to make the devs acting more community friendly is like talking to a wall.

agreed.

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:00:38 AM

It's not about community friendly.  It's about respect for the community, we are here supporting the coin.  At least they can show up and SHOW us work in progress.  Otherwise it seems like they are like so many other DEVs that just bolt from a project.

LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:58:43 AM

The last time I wrote a Email to the Devs via the octocoin.org website, they responded here in the thread. Maybe someone should write them again and ask why they are not communicating and that the community is getting nervous again due to the lack of presence. I'll write a Email, but some of you guys should do that too.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

i think the devs will do what they want regardless of us. i'm not wasting any more time on them (as far as writing letters or pm's, it's pointless). i'm just watching closely to see what happens down the road. either the project will show us something or it will die. either way, at least some of you here are cool.

Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:10:22 PM

how can we put hope in devs who dont give a shit about us?

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:23:50 PM

I got into this coin late in the game so maybe someone that was here from the beginning can answer this.

Was there a premine with Octo?  I don't think there was an ICO/IPO.  If there was a premine, was the address posted?  I have seen so many coins where the DEVs have dumped the premine and left the coin to flounder.

Just wondering why the DEVs are being so quiet.

th0ms0n

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:40:35 PM

I got into this coin late in the game so maybe someone that was here from the beginning can answer this.

Was there a premine with Octo?  I don't think there was an ICO/IPO.  If there was a premine, was the address posted?  I have seen so many coins where the DEVs have dumped the premine and left the coin to flounder.

Just wondering why the DEVs are being so quiet.

There was a premine of 0.8% which corresponds to 711111 octocoins.

Those were sent to this address: http://explorer.octocoin.org/address/8M6xDnbcREGpm25gvtzQJ24Tmy4V7xnn2Y
And the lion's share later to: http://explorer.octocoin.org/address/8brMXBDTyoCF8Bd7apFGXNGHH7Sxv62vYj

This amount has not been touched yet...
th0ms0n

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 04:57:47 PM by th0ms0n

The funny thing is: 600000 octos wont make anyone rich right now, and are definitely not worth a few months of masquerade.
And if they really wanted to, they could have easily pushed the price. Fancy faked video, faked screenshots, tweet storm, whatever. But they didn't.
Quick money is not what they have in mind... but what else??

EDIT:
Actually there are just three possible explanations:
- They are legit, just accumulating coins and working on their projects as planned
- They are legit, but the project somehow failed, be it due to personal reasons or issues with investors, or maybe the current bitcoin price scared them away
- It was a well planned scam all along, though very unlikely
th0ms0n

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:03:03 PM

yet, i wonder where all the hashrate is coming from: 800-900MHs but fusionhash is empty and fedaykin close to being empty...
th0ms0n

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:14:51 PM

Well, statistics teaches us that randomly clicking octo explorer transactions will likely show the wallet with the currently highest hashrate.
it's this one: http://explorer.octocoin.org/address/8NQcJrZgyqJYiNXUuXtbQXn3AKufTSXqmT
but, the octo explorer somehow doen't show it

EDIT:

if anyone has some spare time he could try to trace back this address. if it leads to the first days/weeks it is likely the devs wallet and it means they are still mining with lots of hashrate.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 05:34:13 PM

i think that's the only reason that people stick around is because we know the devs haven't dumped so it's not like it's a p n' d.

thenotfatguy

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:13:41 PM

Well, statistics teaches us that randomly clicking octo explorer transactions will likely show the wallet with the currently highest hashrate.
it's this one: http://explorer.octocoin.org/address/8NQcJrZgyqJYiNXUuXtbQXn3AKufTSXqmT

EDIT:

if anyone has some spare time he could try to trace back this address. if it leads to the first days/weeks it is likely the devs wallet and it means they are still mining with lots of hashrate.

That address is most likely a pool address, as seen here in the link to FusionHash's wallet address.
http://explorer.octocoin.org/address/8dWMopM6t8exAvGc7PQUEtrHdBwgTnktJb

It could be Edric's pool address, it could be a multipool (although i don't think any multis mine octo anymore), or it may be someone solomining (most likely)

speculation leads to no good here at this point so take that as you will  Cheesy

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:14:31 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 11:32:14 PM by GWCalvert

EDIT:

That address is most likely a pool address, as seen here in the link to FusionHash's wallet address.
http://explorer.octocoin.org/address/8dWMopM6t8exAvGc7PQUEtrHdBwgTnktJb

It could be Edric's pool address, it could be a multipool (although i don't think any multis mine octo anymore), or it may be someone solomining (most likely)

speculation leads to no good here at this point so take that as you will  Cheesy

That address belongs to coinmine[dot]pw... a multipool that has been hitting the coin since the bonus block days. They were the reason that the 88 coin blocks with 888 coin bonus blocks were revised to a steady 188 coins/block. They figured out the pattern to guess the bonus blocks and were grabbing most of them, so the devs did the fork to make the blocks a steady 188. The total number of coins equal the same amount but made it less profitable to sit on the bonus blocks.

The devs were putting a lot of hash at the coin, but seem to have backed off recently. There are a few addresses that pop in and grab several blocks from time to time that don't act like a multipool. They do not cut out when the difficulty gets too high to make mining profitable, but keep driving the difficulty up to 30+ before they bail. You will also see the coinmine address drive the difficulty up occasionally, as they frequently have a lot of hash on their dedicated Octo port from miners just interested in Octo.

There are also a couple of other multipools (yes, thenotfatguy, multipools are still hitting it) that hit Octo from time to time... Then there was the person/farm (8MTsyk89qZ7YwSogXZUwE8FD5gLEiBCfas) that blasted the coin yesterday and drove the difficulty up to near 100... totally new address that I had never seen on the block chain... Maybe someone trying out their newly purchased equipment...

Finally, before people come on here and start spouting conspiracy theories (I'm not just talking about you, Thompson); maybe they should take some time and do a little research by reading through the entire thread. The issue of addresses mining tons of Octo has been brought up many times and there are several posts that tell the addresses' source.

Most of the BS that I have seen posted here in the past few days could be resolved if people just learned how to read before they opened their mouths. Be a little self-reliant and do some research before trying attribute every nefarious looking item to the devs.

The only issue with this coin is that the devs have promised much, but have yet to deliver anything. That's it folks... Nothing else to see here... Move along, now.

If you are worried, you have three choices here:

1. Dump your shit and get out before you develop an ulcer or have a heart attack from all of the stress you are under.

2. Hold what you have and wait to see if something comes about or not.

3. Continue to whine, cry and create theories that drive other prospective investors away.

Any of the numbers you choose above will not make one bit of difference to the devs. They have always said that they are doing things their own way. If you don't like what you have gotten into, maybe you should have done a bit more reading before you invested.

I know I may sound a bit harsh, at times, but I do always try to speak the truth. The truth is that you are the ultimate decision maker in your life and it is you who ultimately must take responsibility for those decisions. Try making logical, informed decisions before investing in anything or before creating theories just because you are upset at the lack of developments. Your mind is a wonderful thing if you just let it do it's job and think.

EDIT: The address does not show in the block explore because any address with more than 1000 transactions will not show up... It's the default setting in the Abe explorer code, which the Octo explorer is based on.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: